Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: F13's 1.1 Fantasy Patch Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13's 1.1 Fantasy Patch Notes  (Read 36938 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: January 26, 2012, 05:55:38 AM

It continues to amuse me how many hardcore gamers bitch about the space combat when I've heard many light and casual gamers I speak with IRL say they prefer it that way.

Why pejoratively describe the bitchers as "hardcore"? Several of the casual players in my guild who can't stand it. I think there's just me and one other person in my guild who still regularly do the dailies and even I'm losing interest in them.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: January 26, 2012, 07:44:53 AM

Once you know the pattern, they're not nearly as interesting.  If ships showing up or flight paths were randomized a bit it would have a lot more staying power.

We can only hope open space as an alternative is the secret project they are working on.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: January 26, 2012, 07:50:36 AM

Space combat is AWESOME a) when you're in your teens/20's and b) have some rested xp.  I ran 3 dailies in 15 mins and got over half a level last night.  It's a great way to level an alt that you've already seen the storyline for.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #108 on: January 26, 2012, 08:02:23 AM

I was thinking of getting all my alts to the point where they get their ship just so that I could run the space missions.  I like them (pre forty missions anyways) and that way once I overleveled everything I could just stroll through their class plotlines while ignoring all other planet missions.

What I really need someone to do is string together all the cutscenes and dialogue into a little youtube app where you can pick the speech options and see what happens for each choice.  Then I wouldn't have to play at all!
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: January 26, 2012, 08:19:38 AM

Once you know the pattern, they're not nearly as interesting.  If ships showing up or flight paths were randomized a bit it would have a lot more staying power.

We can only hope open space as an alternative is the secret project they are working on.

I'd probably be happy if they introduced a couple of new ones every level or even every other level if the first is too much to ask for.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: January 26, 2012, 08:22:34 AM

Id like to be able to turn off all XP.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: January 26, 2012, 09:23:15 AM

Id like to be able to turn off all XP.

I'd be fine with turning off xp as long as the people that do can not participate in pvp.  I don't want level 49's in crazy good gear dominating the lower bracket. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #112 on: January 26, 2012, 10:35:44 AM

Yep, already talked about this, but I'm pretty much with Miasma, and also the possibility of introduce a "XP on/off" toggle like in EQ2.

Problem is creating well thought out sub-systems both for Space Combat (Ohlen hinted that they may significally expand it...But he's probably referring to group missions and PvP) and PvP that doesn't "necessarily" need you to gain general XP, but offer alternate forms of advancement/rewards (maybe like the Vanguard "spheres"?).

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #113 on: January 26, 2012, 10:55:49 AM

It continues to amuse me how many hardcore gamers bitch about the space combat when I've heard many light and casual gamers I speak with IRL say they prefer it that way.

Why pejoratively describe the bitchers as "hardcore"? Several of the casual players in my guild who can't stand it. I think there's just me and one other person in my guild who still regularly do the dailies and even I'm losing interest in them.

The only pejorative in the term "hardcore" is the one you put there.  Usage of it to describe time-spent is stupid.

Like "Liberal"

Do you play more than one game type regularly? Do you play games more than an hour or two every few days?  Do you own more than one platform?

Guess what.  You're hardcore, baby.

Usage of "Hardcore" to define someone who spends multiple hours is playing is stupid in the day and age where even average schlubs dick around with Angry Birds while waiting in lines and grannies who play Bejweled and Farmville for 3-4 hours a night.   If gaming is your hobby and you lifestyle, you're hardcore.   Doesn't matter how many hours you put in to it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: January 26, 2012, 11:35:58 AM

Unless, you know, you are using the word to describe people who put a lot of time into one title, the title of topic.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: F13's 1.1 Fantasy Patch Notes  
Jump to: