Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: F13's 1.1 Fantasy Patch Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13's 1.1 Fantasy Patch Notes  (Read 36507 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 06:10:01 AM

- The customs desk at planetary spaceports are now helpful enough to offer directions to the local cantina and other amenities.

Cantinas are all labeled on the map quite clearly; the problem is there's only one per planet.  I'd rather see

- All Quest Hubs now have an area designated as a cantina.  Quick travel binds have all been located inside of cantinas.

They're not marked on the map from the off though are they? Pretty sure you have to find them first.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 06:35:29 AM

I'll check next planet for me, which is Alderaan. 

I believe you're right for the first few planets, (Drommund Kaas/ Coruscant/ Nar Hutta) now that I think about it, because the main city hub isn't the first place you encounter upon planetfall.  You get there fairly quickly but it's not marked until you get into the city/ promenade itself.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 12:25:05 PM

Yeah, like all places on the map, you need to discover it first.  That in itself is a stupid mechanic I wouldn't mind seeing go away.  Only 'hidden' or otherwise special places should need to be physically discovered before appearing on the map.  I mean, hell, I arrived in a starship, I coulda had my ship scan a map of the area on my way down.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 01:04:33 PM

I'll check next planet for me, which is Alderaan. 
If you are Empire the entire Cantina on Alderaan is stuck behind a story force field for bounty hunters swamp poop.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #39 on: January 17, 2012, 02:59:44 PM

Yeah, like all places on the map, you need to discover it first.  That in itself is a stupid mechanic I wouldn't mind seeing go away.  Only 'hidden' or otherwise special places should need to be physically discovered before appearing on the map.  I mean, hell, I arrived in a starship, I coulda had my ship scan a map of the area on my way down.

I would love the whole "discover parts of the map" thing die in a fire in this game, yes. I like getting exploration XP, but I do not like having to guess which fork in the road to take to my quest objective because I haven't opened that part of the map yet and for all I know THIS way drops off a cliff eventually and THAT way, even though it looks like the wrong way, loops around a mountain and straight to where I am going.

God Save the Horn Players
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 05:01:58 PM

I would love the whole "discover parts of the map" thing die in a fire in this game, yes. I like getting exploration XP, but I do not like having to guess which fork in the road to take to my quest objective because I haven't opened that part of the map yet and for all I know THIS way drops off a cliff eventually and THAT way, even though it looks like the wrong way, loops around a mountain and straight to where I am going.

You mean that bit on Dromund Kaas near the Revanites, don't you?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 05:04:30 PM

It does seem like there should be some kind of mapping technology for at least the already-populated planets, yes. At least most of those start with transport hubs already discovered.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 05:05:58 PM

I wouldn't mind having the map show all of the roads and terrain features, but I'd still like to get exploration xp for finding locations. The Fallout 3/NV map system is kind of like this, IIRC.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 05:07:40 PM

You mean that bit on Dromund Kaas near the Revanites, don't you?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

That's one of the ones I'm thinking of, there's also a lot of that on Taris and it makes me want to strangle people. Innocent people. Who had nothing to do with it.

God Save the Horn Players
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 07:46:02 AM

It does seem like there should be some kind of mapping technology for at least the already-populated planets, yes. At least most of those start with transport hubs already discovered.

For a civ that has mastered space travel and any number of surveillance/monitoring/observing technologies, this is every planet.

Also, why can't I put notes onto the map/why aren't areas of interest auto-noted on the map?  (e.g. was trying to go back to the clickable skull on tatooine to get my ass kicked again, really, really, really hard to find it).

my addition to the patch notes:

* we fixed the cool down displays on the buttons.  We're really, really, really sorry that a game with so many cooldowns had the cooldown displays SO FUCKED UP!
* we fixed the crafting nodes that appear on the minimap, but can't actually be mined bug
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 09:30:08 AM

• All companions can now switch between any of the combat roles with the click of a button. Finally, adventure with the companion you like, not the companion your spec needs
  • The recent Jedi Consular fad of hitting people over the head with old droids while throwing cat litter in their face has come to an end. They now correctly attack things with the Force instead of any old random shit that happens to be in range. Also Force Slam is back! (Seriously, wtf happened to it anyway?)
  • Khem Val has gone on a diet and is now 33% smaller. Additionally, his hit box is now slightly smaller than Dromund Kaas.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 11:22:57 AM

• All companions can now switch between any of the combat roles with the click of a button. Finally, adventure with the companion you like, not the companion your spec needs

If anything, I would accept an increase in group/dungeon difficulty if we were allowed to bring our companions with us, not a player replacement, but to just fight along side us.  Then maybe my DPS companions would see some more action than slaving away at the crafting table.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 11:23:28 AM

My biggest wishlist item is an endgame use for companions.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 11:28:33 AM

My biggest wishlist item is an endgame use for companions.
Yeah, this. I just got the last consular companion, and I am sad that there are only two planets left to tear up together.

(and no, solo pve dailies are not endgame. They're not even content. Away with thee!)

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 11:56:40 AM

Yeah it would be cool to have a 4-person flashpoint with companions, sort of a mini-raid thing.  I would even be for prohibiting multiple people using the same companion (MY IMMERSION, unless Kira has an evil twin or something), since by 50 everyone has a flock to choose from.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 12:00:12 PM

To expand on the idea, maybe give us some instanced dailies that have us using our entire crew simultaneously.  You'd still have control over your primary, but everyone would be in the instance following your lead and kicking ass  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 12:02:56 PM

That'd be awesome. I'd really enjoy seeing my companions kibitzing with each other like they do in Mass Effect and Dragon Age.  That's a lot of new voice work though. I'd expect to see it in an expansion rather than just a content patch.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 18, 2012, 12:17:26 PM

To expand on the idea, maybe give us some instanced dailies that have us using our entire crew simultaneously.  You'd still have control over your primary, but everyone would be in the instance following your lead and kicking ass  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I'd much rather they find a way to do that in the story quests.

It's too cool to use on side quests.

Also in a repeatable context, you'd probably find it would get less interesting when replayed.

This used to be in the design, you'd give a companion a 'kit' so they would get whichever of the 5 companion specs you wanted.

EA removed it for reasons that were never clear, but I suspect because it drew too much attention to the fact that the differences between companions are entirely cosmetic (all healers have exactly the same stats and abilities, same for all tanks, all ranged dps, all melee dps).

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 12:22:29 PM

There are actually some differences - you'd expect Kira and Nadia to be the same, for example, but they're not, Nadia has some horribly annoying area knockback thing that Kira does not.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 12:24:39 PM

It would also be kinda weird if M1-4X was a healing droid.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 12:26:25 PM

There are actually some differences - you'd expect Kira and Nadia to be the same, for example, but they're not, Nadia has some horribly annoying area knockback thing that Kira does not.
You mean the COMPLETELY AWESOME knockback, right?  awesome, for real

(I play a heal-spec sage, so anything that knocks lots of mobs out of commission and mitigate incoming damage is cool with me!)

ed: full disclosure - my warshade in COH is part of Team Knockback, a static guild group. I'll let you guess how we deal with enemy zergs...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:30:11 PM by Zetor »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 12:28:09 PM

It isn't so thrilling when you're the JK tank in a duo and everyone flies in different directions. And she turns it back on all the time too since it is in one of the buggy slots.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 12:40:56 PM

This is the first game since CoX that has enough knockback. And the first game ever with enough 300ft drops to make proper use of it.

Knockback over cliffs should really grant double xp or something because it is the death of champions.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 12:45:00 PM

This is the first game since CoX that has enough knockback.

Argh! *runs away screaming about fucking Nrg/Nrg Blasters and Storm Defenders*
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 12:51:30 PM

I have this sudden urge to get Team Knockback together again.  awesome, for real
(energy blaster, warshade, storm defender, forcefield defender. YOU SHALL NOT PASS)

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #60 on: January 18, 2012, 02:09:09 PM

This is the first game since CoX that has enough knockback. And the first game ever with enough 300ft drops to make proper use of it.

Knockback over cliffs should really grant double xp or something because it is the death of champions.

Screw double XP. This! Is! Star Wars!

- Killing an enemy by throwing him over a cliff will now play the wilhelm scream
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #61 on: January 18, 2012, 06:37:50 PM

I have this sudden urge to get Team Knockback together again.  awesome, for real
(energy blaster, warshade, storm defender, forcefield defender. YOU SHALL NOT PASS)
Yeah dumpster golf!
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 18, 2012, 06:55:45 PM

- Pazaak is now playable in any cantina.

Now I'd have to buy the game.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #63 on: January 18, 2012, 11:48:27 PM

F13's Fantasy 1.1001a patch:

- Ilum PvP no longer designed as though it were expressly and purposefully designed to get people to unsubscribe in a raging shitfit
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #64 on: January 18, 2012, 11:59:56 PM

People who play MMO for the PvP will throw raging shitfits and unsubscribe over that PvP in whatever form.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 19, 2012, 12:04:35 AM

No, they post about quitting, but rarely do.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 19, 2012, 07:28:47 AM

- Those Modification Tables, that we grandfathered back in beta but didn't bother to tell the playerbase were completely unneccesary now? Replaced with sex-droids/Twi'leks that offer guilt-free oral pleasure for every minute a player wasted trying to find the damn tables when they didn't need to.

- Instances that open up into a 300ft elevator shaft 2 steps from entering now have a rudimentary set of safety doors that open only when the elevator is at the top. This way, players may avoid plummeting to their doom for little better reason than Level Design dep's shits and giggles.

- Weapons now display in the Paperdoll viewer. We still can't work out why we didn't do this in the first place.

- You can now zoom in on the Paperdoll viewer. We still can't work out why we didn't do this in the first place.

- Republic players can now find vendors that offer a more distinctive array of Torso items beyond 'Patchwork Bathrobe' and 'Ming's Casual Friday'

- 'General' has been given back to Jedi Knights as a gainable title.

- The BT-7 Thunderclap Trooper transport ship now comes with directions so players don't get lost just trying to find the bridge.

- Nexu mounts obtainable on Taris. Simply because riding a mad space-tiger is no crazier than hanging off the back of a floating segway/lawnmower.

- Upon levelling, the graphic has been replaced with a mob of Jawas bringing the player cake.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 19, 2012, 07:36:19 AM

- Those big lizard things obtainable as mounts on Tatooine (they were even featured as a mount in one of the official movies, FFS).

- Upon leveling, the graphic has been replaced with a mob of Jawas begging the player for cake (I love Jawa speech).
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 19, 2012, 07:40:55 AM

- Those big lizard things obtainable as mounts on Tatooine (they were even featured as a mount in one of the official movies, FFS).

Dewbacks. And I am down with that!

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #69 on: January 19, 2012, 07:41:05 AM

- The BT-7 Thunderclap Trooper transport ship now comes with directions so players don't get lost just trying to find the bridge.

Fabulous. I'd even go with lighted floor arrows as seen on airplanes.  awesome, for real

Oh and
- Darkside and Lightside titles have been reinstated from beta. Somehow, two titles for each side went to the Bahamas and forgot to request that time off.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: F13's 1.1 Fantasy Patch Notes  
Jump to: