Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:59:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: F13's 1.1 Fantasy Patch Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13's 1.1 Fantasy Patch Notes  (Read 37023 times)
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: January 19, 2012, 08:00:24 AM

Dewbacks. And I am down with that!
No, Scyk's, although now that I think of it, the lizard that Obi-Wan rode in the movie had feathers and was much much larger in size.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: January 19, 2012, 08:07:38 AM

No, Scyk's, although now that I think of it, the lizard that Obi-Wan rode in the movie had feathers and was much much larger in size.

Are you sure? I don't think those things are mount-sized...

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 19, 2012, 08:42:45 AM

No, they were totally Dewbacks that the Stormtroopers rode in Star Wars.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 19, 2012, 01:09:03 PM

No, I meant the Varactyl.  Dewbacks are dumb.

The Scyk looks like it, a little bit, but it's much smaller and has no feathers.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #74 on: January 19, 2012, 01:09:57 PM

If they make Varactyl mount the next complaint will be people can't scale vertical walls with it.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: January 19, 2012, 01:22:35 PM

This is the first game since CoX that has enough knockback. And the first game ever with enough 300ft drops to make proper use of it.

AOC.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #76 on: January 19, 2012, 01:36:12 PM

- Those Modification Tables, that we grandfathered back in beta but didn't bother to tell the playerbase were completely unneccesary now? Replaced with sex-droids/Twi'leks that offer guilt-free oral pleasure for every minute a player wasted trying to find the damn tables when they didn't need to.

They do tell you. There is a quest. To click the lore object next to the modification tables. Which merrily tells you exactly how to mod things. The tables are a landmark for the lore object. They could not make HOW U MOD more obvious without having large, scrolling text saying:

HEY DIPSHIT
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO
IS CTRL RIGHT CLICK THE ITEM
THEN SLOT IN YOUR MODS
WE REPEAT
CTRL RIGHT CLICK THE ITEM
IT EVEN SAYS
WHEN YOU HOVER OVER SAID ITEM
ONE MORE TIME
CTRL RIGHT CLICK

Now, I understand being a little "why are they still there," but I'm pretty sure it's so the lore thingy to click on is easier to find (personally I would've just made the tables themselves the lore object). But it's not reeeeeally their fault you didn't bother to actually read what it said.

God Save the Horn Players
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: January 19, 2012, 01:38:57 PM

This is the first game since CoX that has enough knockback. And the first game ever with enough 300ft drops to make proper use of it.

AOC.
Pretty sure it was in Warhammer too.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #78 on: January 19, 2012, 01:39:27 PM

I don't think anyone besides Lantyssa misses WAR knockback.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #79 on: January 19, 2012, 01:41:25 PM

Hey, I enjoyed it on my Ironbreaker! But I never played that one particular BG that everyone hated.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: January 19, 2012, 01:41:29 PM

Mod table rage
Even with all that said, I still see at least one person a night in Fleet or something that argues the merits of the mod table, complains that there isn't one around, and believes there should be one "because it doesn't cost credits to remove mods when I use it!"

swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #81 on: January 19, 2012, 01:57:37 PM

- Pazaak and Chess (or the SW equivalent) are now playable in any cantina! You can join games as a spectator. Tournaments are also coming!
- Chat bubbles are here !
- chairs are now working as intended :P
- Starting from this month, expect a lot of server wide events: some random (invasions etc.), and some that will expand or be related to the main game storyline!
- Players are now able to fully customize the interiors of their ships with new furniture and accessories.
- Explore the world of...[insert any planet here), which is fully open to colonization where players can build their own cities, manage them; fully customizable houses, cantinas and more to enhance your town! Expect also World PvP features!
- The Hutt Cartel is now a playable, neutral faction!

Yeah, I know :P

Edit: Addendum:
 - PvP and Space combat now won't contribute to the experience points of the character :P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:02:24 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #82 on: January 19, 2012, 02:05:02 PM

Taking away XP from space combat would piss me right off.  Heartbreak  I would not object to them adding a way for someone to turn it off if they want, though.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #83 on: January 19, 2012, 02:06:15 PM

Taking experience away from space combat would be a good excuse for never doing space combat again I suppose.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #84 on: January 19, 2012, 02:07:57 PM

I understand: it's just that...Between Heroic quests, flashpoints, side quests, PvP, space combat, class quests you gain a ton of experience and you often over-level your area. Yep, it's not a big deal for some, but it would be nice to see a toggle or something (like in EQ2, but I think we already talked about this).

Ohlen mentioned they're working on more stuff related to Space. Hopefully, sometime in the future it will become a full "system" (yeah, of course not deep as other "dedicated" space games) more than a combat-only oriented one; so, there will be rewards and other stuff that won't require you getting "general" experience.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:11:10 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #85 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:25 PM

Yeah a toggle is fine, but just taking it away outright would be bad.

Frankly, I want to overlevel areas on some of my characters (GUNSLINGER) because I take such a beating otherwise. I also like that there's so many ways to get XP, because it means I can skip some of them without a care in the world (I have yet to PvP, I don't have to spend time trying to get a fucking flashpoint group together, I can tell shitty heroic quests to fuck off, etc).

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #86 on: January 19, 2012, 02:13:30 PM

I'm Sentinel main, so I pretty much have to outlevel my class quests in order to do them. It was particularly rough from 30-40. We now offer complimentary guild runs through class quests because there's a lot of points for a lot of quests where you get stuck progression-wise because they can't down the elites until they're green.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: January 19, 2012, 02:24:35 PM

- Those Modification Tables, that we grandfathered back in beta but didn't bother to tell the playerbase were completely unneccesary now? Replaced with sex-droids/Twi'leks that offer guilt-free oral pleasure for every minute a player wasted trying to find the damn tables when they didn't need to.

They do tell you. There is a quest. To click the lore object next to the modification tables. Which merrily tells you exactly how to mod things. The tables are a landmark for the lore object. They could not make HOW U MOD more obvious without having large, scrolling text saying:

HEY DIPSHIT
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO
THEN SLOT IN YOUR MODS
WE REPEAT
IT EVEN SAYS
ONE MORE TIME
CTRL RIGHT CLICK

Now, I understand being a little "why are they still there," but I'm pretty sure it's so the lore thingy to click on is easier to find (personally I would've just made the tables themselves the lore object). But it's not reeeeeally their fault you didn't bother to actually read what it said.

Pretty much every planet still has a table though, not just the starter planets.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #88 on: January 19, 2012, 02:29:49 PM

Annnnd if you actually read your text, you'd merrily trot by them, not even noticing them, because who cares?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: January 19, 2012, 02:33:24 PM

I've ignored them since beta, but saying that all those tables are there to highlight the lore object found on the starter planets is kind of silly.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: January 19, 2012, 02:33:57 PM

We're losing sight of the core issue here, which is HA HA CATAKIN.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 19, 2012, 02:40:53 PM

AOC.
Pretty sure it was in Warhammer too.

It has been in everything, there is just never enough of it. Most games have whole classes without any knockback.

What I really miss from CoX knockback is the ragdolls. SWTOR ragdolls are not very good.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: January 19, 2012, 02:55:33 PM

I don't think anyone besides Lantyssa misses WAR knockback.
Gods that rocked...

<twirl>

<burn><burn><burn>

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #93 on: January 19, 2012, 03:06:40 PM

I've ignored them since beta, but saying that all those tables are there to highlight the lore object found on the starter planets is kind of silly.

Well, I think they left the newbie ones there, and went "fuck it, we don't feel like bothering taking out SOME but not OTHERS right now" more than anything.

Point is, HA HA CATAKIN.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 19, 2012, 04:56:58 PM

HEY DIPSHIT
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO
THEN SLOT IN YOUR MODS
WE REPEAT
IT EVEN SAYS
ONE MORE TIME
CTRL RIGHT CLICK

What I was saying the other day wasn't that I needed a table to mod an item. I'm well aware you can ctrl-right click to open up the mod window. What I thought you needed a table for was to remove mods that were already installed without destroying them, not realising you could just remove the mod, drop it into your inventory and pay... the fucking ether (where are these credits going? This doesn't make any fucking sense!) 'random ammount of credits X' for the privilege.

So yeah, mod tables. They don't need to exist. The point is HAHA go fuck yourselves  why so serious?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:58:52 PM by Mattemeo »

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: January 19, 2012, 04:58:38 PM

Hey, at least you didn't take til level 25 to figure out that commando heals worked on people besides yourself.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #96 on: January 19, 2012, 05:04:31 PM

Oh God I just cracked up about that all over again. And people think I exaggerate the level of Noob sometimes present in Slap in the Face.  why so serious?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: January 19, 2012, 05:08:52 PM

Your paying the credits is an abstraction of the effort and cost required to remove the components from your weapon!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 19, 2012, 05:11:46 PM

It's not my fault people kept dying before my heals went off!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: January 19, 2012, 05:13:41 PM

Your paying the credits is an abstraction of the effort and cost required to remove the components from your weapon!

Time is money, friend!

Over and out.
Speedbrusher
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: January 26, 2012, 03:58:27 AM

- Space battles are no longer on rails but instead feature gameplay much like the old Freelancer and Wing Commander games.
 - Space battles can also be joined as a group with difficulty ramped up to match the size of the group.
 - New PvP content: 9 contested planets have been added. Players fight for control over these by capturing their military outposts. Capturing a planet, opens it up for high level raid content.
 - Each of these planets feature a PvP space battle (see first point on the list) where people can fight each-other in space!
 - New Battleground Game Mode: MOBA-style gameplay battleground; A war zone with a republic and imperial bases sending out waves of squads to try to destroy the opposing base. Players must join to try to tip the scale in favor of their own faction. See: DOTA/League of Legends.
 - Much like in the Star Wars and EU lore, players can through a series of quests convert to the opposing faction. Time to convert your do-gooder Jedi to the ways of the Sith!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #101 on: January 26, 2012, 04:21:22 AM

It continues to amuse me how many hardcore gamers bitch about the space combat when I've heard many light and casual gamers I speak with IRL say they prefer it that way.

Hell, one buddy's friend actually complained it was too hard at first.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #102 on: January 26, 2012, 04:30:10 AM

My manquisitor would defect to the Republic with nary a backwards glance, I tell you what.

I do like the space combat as it is, but I wouldn't mind them adding a way to group in that as well, it could be fun!

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #103 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:03 AM

I'd like to see a psychological study in to MMO playing habits to explain the tendency of MMO-burnouts to always play as the "badguy" faction in every game.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: January 26, 2012, 05:14:51 AM

The reverse direction of that may be the actual truth:  people who always play the bad guy tend to burn-out faster.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: F13's 1.1 Fantasy Patch Notes  
Jump to: