Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:47:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Grand Prix Austin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grand Prix Austin  (Read 6016 times)
schild
Administrator

on: January 09, 2012, 07:13:20 AM

Results: I dropped before the event started.

Why? Apparently the store I was at DIDN'T have 2 sets of byes to give out, so they took away my byes from DESTROYING their GP (lost one game over 9 rounds). So uh, yea, I was way too angry to play and decided to get my money back.

Went 6-2 in the TCG Player invitation. Got my invite for the $50k tournament in Indianapolis next December. Got two byes as well.

Went 4-2 drop in the SCG tournament because I was tired of playing Magic and had cards that were easier to sell than trade (specifically, an altered Juzam Djinn and a pile of EDH crap I'd picked up from Craigslist).

Picked up over 20 foil unhinged lands in trade, along with some random spiciness like a playset of foil Unearths (one Japanese) and 13 foil planeswalkers. About 200 other cards were picked up. My trade binders were emptied completely. Feels good man.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:14:59 AM by schild »
Xilren's Twin

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 06:47:18 PM

So what do we offer first, condoloences or congratulations? 

Seriously, that GP screw up sounds like complete BS.  How had is it to organize who can give out byes...

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:45 AM

Apparently about 6 months ago, Wizards sent out a notice that GPTs could only give out one set of byes. So the tournament I went undefeated in (over 8 f'ing rounds no less, in one day) and let the other guy get the win in the finals since we both had the same prize coming got the byes and I got absolutely nothing.

This happened at multiple stores in Austin. While I'm going to get that store to give me a king's ransom in terms of prizes, I also feel like I should be blaming the local WOTC rep for not disseminating this change. It's one thing if a single store messes up like this. It's another if multiple do about the exact same issue in the exact same way.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 08:31:37 AM

No kind deed goes unpunished.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Grand Prix Austin  
Jump to: