Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Time for the F13 Superbowl prediction challenege again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time for the F13 Superbowl prediction challenege again  (Read 17477 times)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 10:18:31 AM

He really is a beast.  It's crazy when a guy that big has hands that good.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 11:00:02 AM

He really is a beast.  It's crazy when a guy that big has hands that good.

... and can run a 4.5  in the 40.  These are the guys that make the NFL the spectacle that it is.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 11:12:12 AM

I wish we would have gotten another year with him.   Cry  It's too bad that his last year in college was spent watching from the sidelines with a bad back.

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 08:01:21 AM

Actually, I may be the only person left in the country that actually likes the Patriots and Eli Manning. 

I like the Patriots, but mostly because of Gronkowski, Welker, and Woohead.  Gronk is a freaking monster!

I dunno...I consider Tom Brady to be one of the top two quarterbacks who ever lived.  Probably number one.  I think he makes all those guys waaaaaay better than they really are.  Like Peyton Manning.  Look how amazing some of those guys appeared to be with him - and how ordinary they appear without them.  I think Welker would have been good (not great) on any team.  Gronkowski is a beneficiary of both Brady's greatness and the schemes they run to get him open.  But mostly the former, IMO.

Pretty cynical of me, I know.  But Brady is the shit.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 09:30:14 AM

Oh, Brady is spectacular for sure, but you can't watch some of Gronkowski's catches and not realize that this guy is amazing.  He is on a different planet when compared to other TEs/Receivers.  Some of his catches are Jerry Rice good. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: January 26, 2012, 09:43:33 AM

Gronk is a nobody if he plays on the Ravens. Brady is the reason any of us know who the hell he is.

Same for Jimmy Graham.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 07:56:10 PM

Have you even seen some of the dude's catches?   Ohhhhh, I see.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 08:54:42 PM

Have you even seen some of the dude's catches?   Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm not denying he's talented. Why he's even on the radar now is because the Patriots run a system with Tom Brady where he throws to TEs more than anybody else in the league, and more than any WR other than Wes Welker.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 09:01:05 PM

But that's partly because look at their other wide receivers.

Over and out.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 05:46:08 AM

I'm not denying he's talented.

Gronk is a nobody if he plays on the Ravens. Brady is the reason any of us know who the hell he is.

Same for Jimmy Graham.

Ohhhhh, I see.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 06:10:33 AM

Everybody in the NFL is talented, ghost. Where they play makes a difference for the public eye.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 27, 2012, 07:43:26 AM

Paelos, you're destined for greatness as a talking head on The Ocho.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #47 on: January 27, 2012, 07:46:13 AM

Paelos, you're destined for greatness as a talking head on The Ocho.

I'll cover hockey!  awesome, for real

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #48 on: January 27, 2012, 07:55:23 AM

Everybody in the NFL is talented, ghost. Where they play makes a difference for the public eye.

You are just trying to cover your ass now.  Go get on youtube and watch some of Gronkowski's catches.  That isn't Brady catching the ball with one hand while falling out of bounds as two defenders try to claw his eyes out. 
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 07:55:30 AM

I dunno...I consider Tom Brady to be one of the top two quarterbacks who ever lived.  Probably number one.  I think he makes all those guys waaaaaay better than they really are.  Like Peyton Manning.  Look how amazing some of those guys appeared to be with him - and how ordinary they appear without them.  I think Welker would have been good (not great) on any team.  Gronkowski is a beneficiary of both Brady's greatness and the schemes they run to get him open.  But mostly the former, IMO.

Pretty cynical of me, I know.  But Brady is the shit.

Ahem, Tom Brady is nothing without New England and BB. It's Bellicheat and his (camera)system that makes people look good, not Brady.

Just take a look at what Matt Cassel did for them while Tommy was out:
63.4% Cpt.   3,693 Yds   7.2 Y/A  21 TDs   11 INTs

Brady the next year:
65.7% Cpt.   4,398 Yds   7.8 Y/A    28 TDs   13 INTs   

Cassel was the shit after that one season and what after that? I think outside of New England, Brady wouldn't have done better than David Garrard and co.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 08:04:21 AM

You are just trying to cover your ass now.  Go get on youtube and watch some of Gronkowski's catches.  That isn't Brady catching the ball with one hand while falling out of bounds as two defenders try to claw his eyes out. 

Nope, it's not. And I'm not covering my ass. What I'm telling you is that he's on a big team with a big QB. If he plays elsewhere, everyone goes WHO? He'd be a nobody. Take Mercedes Lewis out of Jacksonville. Last year he puts up 10 TDs as a tight end, averaged 12 yards a catch, 700 yards, and busted a 42 yard TD run. Statistically he was on par with Antonio Gates. However, we fans know Gates because Phillip Rivers was targetting him and they were winning. Nobody gave a shit about Lewis.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 08:06:15 AM

Tony Gonzales is still the best TE to play the game ever.

Too bad he has spent his entire career playing with over the hill or shitty QBs.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #52 on: January 27, 2012, 08:08:25 AM

Tony Gonzales is still the best TE to play the game ever.

Too bad he has spent his entire career playing with over the hill or shitty QBs.

Exactly, and he set a record this year for most consecutive games with a reception ever by a player. He is a warhorse that gets marginalized due to his teams and QBs.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #53 on: January 27, 2012, 10:02:10 AM

I don think Gonzales gets marginalized though.  He's well respected. 
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 27, 2012, 10:08:16 AM

12x Pro Bowl and 9x All Pro selection. Definitely not marginalized. He's pretty heralded as The TE... The only thing that has been marginalized for him is chances at Championships.

Which... doesn't really matter down the road. People still Marino after all.

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #55 on: January 27, 2012, 10:10:43 AM

Until guys like Drew Brees steal his records and win rings.  why so serious?

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 27, 2012, 10:17:12 AM

Until guys like Drew Brees steal his records and win rings.  why so serious?

To be fair, Brees hasn't won a Ring yet since breaking those records.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

beer geek.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Time for the F13 Superbowl prediction challenege again  
Jump to: