Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:44:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Playoffs (1/4 finals) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Playoffs (1/4 finals)  (Read 7246 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: January 01, 2012, 05:30:20 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Playoffs (1/4 finals)
** All games have to be played BEFORE January 11th 2012 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE January 11th 2012 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 09:13:56 AM

Are you going to be around tomorrow ICE? I am GMT and the who's who says you are GMT - 8 but being a bank holiday I should be able to catch you.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:49:57 AM

Predictions-
High Guard Dwarves vs Amazons? HA! I don't stand a chance. 3-0 Dwarves and 3/4's of my team dead. By the 1st half.
Lizards vs Elves? Lizards seem to be dominating this season- I'll have to go with them.
Dark Elves vs more Lizards? Despite my previous comment, I'm going with the champ - Dark Elves to win.
And yet more Lizards vs Undead of doom- Hardest match to pick. Both sides are immensely strong. I'm going with the Lizards again.

Ingmar- Steam says you are online but appears to be lying. PM me so we can get this over with.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 12:04:38 PM

Are you going to be around tomorrow ICE? I am GMT and the who's who says you are GMT - 8 but being a bank holiday I should be able to catch you.

I will be around, yes, but I also have a new roomate moving in in the afternoon, so there may be much last-minute cleaning in the works. Still, I will aim to be around late morning/early-afternoon (so evening, your time) if at all possible.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 01:26:53 PM

Undead of doom

Undead?!

You're right though, it's the toughest looking match I've had this season with his line-up of guardsman sauri.  Definitely a toss-up, but I still plan to bathe in Carnifex's blood.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 08:50:36 PM

I am off work all day tomorrow Comstar so that is probably our best bet.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 12:58:07 AM

just managed to get to half time in my game against andy -- i was down 1-0 but had permanently crippled two of his guys and injured a third when he vanished from steam/the game Heartbreak
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 01:40:18 AM

Hmmm, perhaps I should have taken him up on the twice-offered opportunity to restart our game after my Sure Hands runner twice disappeared during kickoffs.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 01:47:14 AM

Hi, Sorry Drogg, we just suffered a powercut and it has taken them an hour to get it up and running again. Would you be up for re trying this game later today/tomorrow sometime? Flac, if he agrees can we get a reset please?

That game woul dhave made for an interesting 2nd half, I think I would have aimed to score quickly, 2 turns, then hold out and see what happened, 2-0 lead should have been enough to see me through, but you never know!
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 08:32:49 AM

Hi, Sorry Drogg, we just suffered a powercut and it has taken them an hour to get it up and running again. Would you be up for re trying this game later today/tomorrow sometime? Flac, if he agrees can we get a reset please?

That game woul dhave made for an interesting 2nd half, I think I would have aimed to score quickly, 2 turns, then hold out and see what happened, 2-0 lead should have been enough to see me through, but you never know!
sure thing -- i'll be on steam when i'm around long enough to play.  will keep my eyes peeled.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 02:13:10 PM

Minizilla's V Cloudpunks is scheduled for Wednesday - hopefully Elf armour immunity has been revoked after my pathetic showing versus Elf teams so far with this team.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 04:00:15 PM

Dwarves lose 4-0.  ACK!

I'm not sure how to describe the game. I overcommitted on defense on the first turn, which bit me and led to an early 1-0 deficit, but I figured that would be ok. Then it just... I don't know.  ACK!

EDIT: The biggest part of the problem was I couldn't buy a non-stun really. (Setting aside my own play mistakes.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:02:00 PM by Ingmar »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 04:05:43 PM

Amazons vs Dwarves. The reasult will be somewhat surprising.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:15:40 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 04:19:22 PM

sure thing -- i'll be on steam when i'm around long enough to play.  will keep my eyes peeled.

Falc can we get a reset please?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 09:32:22 PM

Amazons beat Dwarves?!  This has proven to be a very unorthodox post-season.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 10:54:19 PM

Not just beat.  ACK!

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 04:05:48 PM

Drogg, if you see this i'm online, but steam friends list is down. hit me on here or on the game if your free. If not I can aim at an 8am start type game for me tomorrow morning (Wednesday AM)
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 09:06:46 AM

I am around ICE and sent you a PM but the friends list on Steam is playing up - be good if you can make it ontime since I will have to play our match from work if we play at the agreed time so would rather not be staying here too late!
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 09:58:01 AM

*edit* Got a reply from ICE as I was typing, game will be played shortly
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 01:10:54 PM

The Cloudpunks/Minizilla match is done.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 01:20:11 PM

Cloudpunks 3 - Minizilla's 0

And to think I was looking forward to this game! Surely my luck against Elf teams had to change? How wrong could I be? Very.

Match starts with me winning the toss and electing to kick, ICE makes some space down a sideline since I have left a deep defence instead of my normal setup and he begins the systematic elimination of my skinks on the first turn scoring a KO. He screens the ball carrier and I hit my first elf with my MB, Block and Tackle killer saurus who scores a double push setting the tone for the rest of the match (or at least until the last 2 turns anyway). ICE MB tackle wardancer blitzes and stuns my killer saurus and moves down the pitch, I can't get any cover back and he walks in a touchdown on turn 3 which is not too bad for me, I thought, until the next kickoff event gives me sweltering heat taking out a saurus and my krox plus a skink to go with a normally KO'd skink and an injured Saurus. ICE lost his best lineelf to the heat which seemed a tad unfair to me. So with a 4 Saurus lineup I try to force a sideline cage score but that doesn't work out well and I lose another 2 skinks before ICE leaps into the cage and pushes my ball carrier out of bounds and the toss in might have been decent for me if I had a full team and therefore more pitch coverage but as it is ICE  easily retrieves the toss in and runs up for a second score  pretty much uncontested since all my team are trapped by the sideline before half time.

For the second half I am back to full strength as the weather changed to normal again and all my KO's awoke, about the only piece of luck I was to have this match, a kick off bounced into the waiting hands of a skink and I was setup to savage the waiting Elves and claw my way back into the match, I 2d block to push the first elf out of the way and then Blitz ICE's star Wardancer with my killer saurus who rolls double skulls, re-rolled to double skulls and since I didn't follow the golden rules of moving before blocking ICE blitzes the ball carrier and we then trade blows with each other for a few turns around midfield before ICE gets the ball and tries to stall out the score by formig a loose screen in a corner but just to prove that Nuffle hadn't totally deserted me ICE fails a dodge allowing me to blitz the carrier and for once I score a POW but again moving my piece to mark a player near the ball I fail a single GFI badly hurting the skink and ICE stands up, clears my lone marker and scores the third and final touchdown of the match.

I am not really doing justice to ICE's block dice with this write up, while he injured a lot of skinks and only 1 saurus he scored a lot of POW's (at least it seemed to me)  and I just couldn't until it didn't matter, though I don't want to take away from a very solid game by ICE who punished any mishap of my own and deserved the win.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 05:17:58 PM

Drogg, if you see this i'm online, but steam friends list is down. hit me on here or on the game if your free. If not I can aim at an 8am start type game for me tomorrow morning (Wednesday AM)
I can do an 12 AM / 8 AM start thursday night/friday morning but not tonight/your tomorrow morning.  unfortunately, i'm in the office all week so i won't be free as a general rule until 2 or so AM your time otherwise  ACK!

weekend is pretty open though!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 01:53:43 PM

The Ex-Presidents lose.  Tense match.  I'm pretty pissed off, but not at Carnifex; he played a great game.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 01:58:20 PM

Very tense match.  The only dice Ruvaldt threw that weren't terrible were armor breaks, and even then he got many more stuns than anything else.  Other than a BH in the first few turns I got away unscathed.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 02:04:04 PM

The way I went out has me pondering one... more... season... with Beardstorm! I just can't decide!

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 02:44:47 PM

The Ex-Presidents will be back.  And they will lose even less.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 03:04:19 PM

So it's Blodging Amazons vs Dodging Leaping Wood Elves and the Champion Dark Elves vs extremely well coached Lizardmen.

I hope to see Andy in the finals again - I really don't want to face Carinfex after he beat me the last few times. I'm feeling pretty confident about facing the Wood Elf team - maybe my sneaky git will finally get her 1 SPP she's been waiting on for half the season to get dirty player.

Ingmar, don't play Dwarves! Play a more interesting team! I think every player on your team has whatever skills they need anyway, it's not like you need more guard or tackle.

I'm glad I won't have to play Ruvaldt's Chaos team, even if I don't have to worry about Claw. it just goes to show how well Carnifex can protect his squishies.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 03:11:09 PM

Well the only other team I have ready to go is orcs, and I just don't know if I'm ready for that much speed.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 03:13:31 PM

So it's Blodging Amazons vs Dodging Leaping Wood Elves and the Champion Dark Elves vs extremely well coached Lizardmen.

I just checked in-game and the Andy v Drogg match hasn't happened yet.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 03:26:14 PM

it just goes to show how well Carnifex can protect his squishies.

You should watch the replay.  They dodged at will, and I don't have much tackle.  That's not what beat me.  Honestly, I think I would've been your best possible opponent in a final, Comstar, given my lack of tackle and your immunity to claw.

I'll have more tackle next season; it's been a weakness of mine and may have helped in that match, but it's hard to say.  Having ball carriers knocked down when least expected really had more to do with it.

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 03:28:58 PM

And as to when this game will happen is as yet unclear, I work fri/sat/sun from 7am till 9pm, UK time, so meeting an american online for the next 2 more days is going to be problematic, we literally have around a 2hr window to even aim at from my point of view. I can offer to play on monday/tues/wed pretty much any time, however i would like to steer away from playing early my time monday morning (7am til midday) as i'm normally fooked after 3 hard days at work.

I have been looking for Drogg/Robert on Steam but he hasn't been online in 3 days, hopefully we can iron something out here instead? Drogg since your around 6hrs behind me it would look like we are aiming for a late night me  Vs early evening you type kickoff OR a late night you Vs well early morning kickoff for me week nights. As i won't be at work early next week and you would be, I think it would be better if I offered to play at an abnormal time, so how about midnight MY time on monday night, being aprox (whatever the exact conversion) 6pm monday evening YOUR time? Thoughts?
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 03:57:47 PM

weird, i've been looking for you on steam too with no luck!  i'll have to kick the tires a bit. 

6 PM monday my time should work, but there's a chance i won't be home until closer to 6:30.  would that still work for you?

saturday AM my time tomorrow is good too, though tonight's rough. 
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 04:02:08 PM

Well the only other team I have ready to go is orcs, and I just don't know if I'm ready for that much speed.

Yes, keep playing them.  Will make my future victory with my fresh Orc team against you all the more  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 06:31:52 PM

Final game played, 5-0 to the elves, in a rather odd game.  Falc, we can move forwards. I think i will leave the write up to Drogg, mine are alwys awful.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 08:45:28 AM

Final game played, 5-0 to the elves, in a rather odd game.  Falc, we can move forwards. I think i will leave the write up to Drogg, mine are alwys awful.
our rematch went squarely to andy, in a game that went from frustrating to humiliating to hilarious for the poor lizards.  highlights: throwing ten dice block dice in a single round on andy's solo ball handler without a knockdown, ending on triple skulls; andy's witch elf leap-dodge-dodge-dodge blitzing a skink, injuring him and bouncing the ball into the hands of his agi 5 blitzer, who scored the same turn; getting injured on the first block of the game (a blitz when i received); my highest spp skink getting killed on the first turn of the second half; five of six kickoffs doing something positive for andy (a blitz, a thrown rock, a riot, and two extra rerolls -- the sixth was a neutral nice weather).  i did manage to kill the dark elf kicker but he apothed him to healthy again.  otherwise, no injuries for his stable.  the one silver lining, such as it was, was that i kept three of andy's elves KOed for more or less the entire game.  clearly didn't amount to much, but at least his pass-accurate-dumpoff-leader didn't get to use his reroll  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?.

apart from my dead sneaky git skink i think i had two MNG skinks and a couple badly hurts.  no other permanent injuries.  despite a reputation to the contrary andy was very contrite and apologetic for my luck during the game and (clearly) played quite well and gentlemanly.

good luck carnifex!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:47:24 AM by drogg »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Playoffs (1/4 finals)  
Jump to: