Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:38:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ ROUND 1 - It begins 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M~ ROUND 1 - It begins  (Read 15291 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: December 31, 2011, 04:53:24 AM

Going to go straight into fixtures, will flower this post up later, as it's new year's eve and I'm late for stuff.

Everyone gets two matches, these initial pairings are based on feeder league position rather than purely random (except Going Forth by Day is seeded 1st as holder). At the top end I'm actually grouping the teams into sets of 4 and 1st plays 3rd and 4th, 2nd plays 4th and 3rd, lower down it is pretty much random. After these games we go swiss. Playing harder teams is actually an advantage if you want to want to win (as it breaks the ties), also if you are just here for lols and want competitive games, this method supports both.

Play these matches.

Going Forth by Day - Ingmar
 1 - 2  
Mab's Malignancies - Carnifex
Emperors of the Pitch - Ruvaldt
 1 - 0  
Wilson's Beard - Teleku
Warriors of the Sun - ICE
 2 - 1  
Golden Hamsters - Proudft
Nerve Damage - Eldaec
 0 - 2  
Pound Pound Mantrain - Megrim
Sidewindin' Stars - Llyse
 2 - 3  
Leisure Suits - Lamaros
Blackrock and Roll - Luckton
 2 - 1  
Pony Elves - Comstar
Deady Bears - IainC
 1 - 1  
Gutted - Ulysees
Balls & Chain - Haemish
 0 - 2  
The Eclipse - Sjofn
Statement, the Sequel - Avaia  ~vs~  Dead Risen - Strazos
Going Forth by Day - Ingmar
 0 - 2  
Wilson's Beard - Teleku
Emperors of the Pitch - Ruvaldt
 2 - 0  
Mab's Malignancies - Carnifex
Warriors of the Sun - ICE
 3 - 0  
Pound Pound Mantrain - Megrim
Nerve Damage - Eldaec
 2 - 0  
Golden Hamsters - Proudft
Sidewindin' Stars - Llyse
 3 - 2  
Pony Elves - Comstar
Blackrock & Roll - Luckton
 1 - 0  
Gutted - Ulysees
Deady Bears - IainC
 1 - 1  
The Eclipse - Sjofn
Statement, the Sequel - Avaia
 2 - 0  
Balls and Chain - Haemish
Leisure Suits - Lamaros
 1 - 2  
Dead Risen - Strazos

Lets try to get this done by 16th Jan, that's the holiday period and 2 weekends, hopefully 2 fixtures in 2 weeks will be easier than 1 in 1.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:52:15 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 05:09:36 AM

Can I get a who's who list up in this bitch, or you gonna make us break out the multi-tabs and Ctrl-F action to see who exactly I need to pester on the Steam?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 05:10:43 AM

My team is Gutted Luckton so maybe we can get both our H+H match and this one done on the same day? Are you around tomorrow or Monday? I am UK based so GMT - same to you IainC - you around Sunday or Monday?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:12:25 AM by Ulysees »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 05:10:57 AM

Blackrock & Roll is luckton. hth.

I'll probably do the rest at some point - but very little posting time today.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 05:16:26 AM

My team is Gutted Luckton so maybe we can get both our H+H match and this one done on the same day? Are you around tomorrow or Monday? I am UK based so GMT - same to you IainC - you around Sunday or Monday?

I'm working right now until 1700 GMT-5, with a good chance of also working all day again tomorrow.  I'm available usually after 1900 though today and tomorrow.  Monday's a for-sure thing though if we don't get it done by then.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 05:17:51 AM

2pm (my time) onwards on Sunday is fine for me I think, will keep an eye out for you on Steam then.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 05:21:17 AM

I'm leisure suits.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 06:06:35 AM

I'm leisure suits.

Sweet 8 hour difference between us - see you when I see you.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 06:16:20 AM

Matchups with f13 names added.

Going Forth by Day - Ingmar   ~vs~  Mab's Malignancies - Carnifex
Emperors of the Pitch - Ruvaldt  ~vs~  Wilson's Beard - Teleku
Warriors of the Sun - ICE  ~vs~  Golden Hamsters - Proudft
Nerve Damage - Eldaec  ~vs~  Pound Pound Mantrain - Megrim
Sidewindin' Stars - Llyse  ~vs~  Leisure Suits - Lamaros
Blackrock and Roll - Luckton  ~vs~  Pony Elves - Comstar
Deady Bears - IainC  ~vs~  Gutted - Ulysees
Balls & Chain - Haemish  ~vs~  The Eclipse - Sjofn
Statement, the Sequel - Avaia  ~vs~  Dead Risen - Strazos
Going Forth by Day - Ingmar  ~vs~  Wilson's Beard - Teleku
Emperors of the Pitch - Ruvaldt  ~vs~  Mab's Malignancies - Carnifex
Warriors of the Sun - ICE  ~vs~  Pound Pound Mantrain - Megrim
Nerve Damage - Eldaec  ~vs~  Golden Hamsters - Proudft
Sidewindin' Stars - Llyse  ~vs~  Pony Elves - Comstar
Blackrock & Roll - Luckton  ~vs~  Gutted - Ulysees
Deady Bears - IainC  ~vs~  The Eclipse - Sjofn
Statement, the Sequel - Avaia  ~vs~  Balls and Chain - Haemish
Leisure Suits - Lamaros  ~vs~  Dead Risen - Strazos

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 06:17:43 AM

I might be around for a bit tomorrow but I can't guarantee anything. The wife flies in today and will be here until the 4th. Monday is her birthday so I suspect that attempts to slope off and play video games will be received poorly.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 06:24:51 AM

No worries IainC, matches between us are going to be easier to schedule as out timezones are closer so we will get our game in at some point before the deadline.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 06:25:44 AM

Thanks Iain, and copied to  the OP.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 06:54:57 AM

I guess I'm in.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 10:04:34 AM

Damnit, I drew dwarves again.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 11:13:32 AM

That's ok, all I really know how to do with them is hit things, not actually break through defenses and win.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 01:03:48 PM

That's ok, all I really know how to do with them is hit things, not actually break through defenses and win.

How do think Ingmar wins with Beardstorm?   why so serious?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 02:30:39 PM

Whatever man, I am a finesse player.  why so serious?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 03:34:53 PM

Whatever man, I am a finesse player.  why so serious?

If that means bullshit passing sure.  Ohhhhh, I see. why so serious?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 01:36:15 AM

Sidewindin' Stars - Llyse    3 ~vs~     Pony Elves - Comstar 2

Sweltering heat lasted the entire match, and apart from one drive Llyse always had more players on the field. With 2 Pro Elf teams elf bullshit dominated the plays, but the team with the better skills was going to have the advantage. I took Eldrin Siderwinder, and he did do some good, but not enough to turn the tide vs a coach who can elf bowl very well.

One of his players is at -1ST after almost getting killed by Eldrin, and one players gained a skill. I got 2 skills- a Catcher took Dump off (I've never used it and want to see it action with Nerves of Steel) and a lineself too kick.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 01:59:12 AM

a Catcher took Dump off (I've never used it and want to see it action with Nerves of Steel) and a lineself too kick.

That's a neat skill synergy that I've never considered before.  It shows that I rarely play elves, I suppose.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 07:25:10 AM

It's not too unusual for dark elves, mainly because their runner starts with dump off and nerves of steel is awesome.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 02:34:58 PM

I'm around today my friends. Steam me!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:05 PM

Sadly I'm working, damn Korea and it's non public holiday rollover. ACK!

Will try to grab you after work...
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 05:41:32 PM

Blackrock and Roll - Luckton 2      ~vs~     Pony Elves - Comstar 1

I don't understand how I ended up playing a team 420 TV more than me, but anyway. I took Morg, as I thought I needed someone able to hit with 2 dice. He was the only one who could the entire game.

A typical 2 turn Pro Elf Touchdown was followed by 5 turns of both teams unable to either pass or pick up the ball, but the Orks broke away late to get a turn 8 TD. the next half ended with 5 KO'ed elfs and 2 injures...i almost stopped a last turn TD but rolled a skull.  Otherwise it was a massacure- I ended the game with 3 elves face down stunned on the pitch.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 05:43:51 PM

Blackrock and Roll  2 ~ 1 Pony Elves - Comstar

For the first half, Comstar received and got an early turn 2 TD in.  After that, the orcs played around with the ball a bit before remembering they had to pick it up and actually run it down the field for a turn 8 TD.

For the second half, the Elf bodies hit the floor, as their 4 AGI failed a few more times than normal, along with those with Dodge being negated by the Tackling Blitzers.  The game was sealed after Morg failed to get a decent blow in on my carrier, and after getting KO'd off the field, I stalled to end for a turn 16 TD.

Hooray for my first official victory in a league game  awesome, for real

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 05:39:10 AM

I had a brief sniff, but the lizards didn't get the armor to work, and when I could have got him in the second I rolled double 1s. Dice were pretty bad. Straz was 20 up on both D6 and 2D6 (38 armor rolls for 10 against 20 blocks for 11).

I needed 20k to get the krox, but rolled 10k.

But no one died at least.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:44:06 AM by lamaros »
Strazos

Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 06:34:03 AM

What he said. It was my first game with Undead, as a part of my grand experiment to see if I will be using a different team in our big league next season.

My block dice were pretty damn good for the most part, and while I was not able to level up anyone, I controlled the vast majority of the game, which I find to be tough against lizards who start with six STR4 pieces. Also, my winning drive was pretty fortuitous, as I was able to pretty slickly move the ball up the pitch and mostly out of danger.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 08:11:07 AM

Do we need to be uploading matches for verifications stuffs?

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 09:35:56 AM

Deady Bears 1 - Gutted 1

Odd match where neither team was in a position to win it though IainC came the closest. My opening drive worked fine, scoring on turn 5 and I managed to stop Iain from scoring in the 3 turns left to him but was unable to stop a quick score in the second half and suffered a couple of early turnovers in the second half on my block dice that stopped me from working myself into a scoring position and got a little lucky that on the last turn Iain didn't get the pow he needed to work a score for himself in the last turn. Overall I think a draw was a fair result for the match.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 12:04:14 PM

Blackrock and Roll 1 - Gutted 0

Couldn't get past the perfect defence re-alignment in the first half, my desperation lunge backfired and we scuffled over the ball at the halfway point for a few turns before the half ended. In the second half I thought I had gotten a lucky break when Luckton fluffed a pass that was quite safe to do and I moved 2 wide beastmen in to pressure the ball and wizarded the safe hand thrower scoring a stun and giving me a chance of a sneaky turnover and touchdown if his non safe hands orc just flubs the pick up, not noticing that the orc he passed to was a plus agi 4 guy who makes the pick up with ease before running to the safety of the pack. Once more though I think I might be in with a shot because trying to make the cage safe Luckton has to turn over on his Troll and I manage to pop the ball free and though it costs me a re-roll I pickup and throw the ball to one of the deep goats hoping for the blessing of Nuffle and an elven bullshit type tochdown, unfortunately Nuffle says no! and I drop the catch. by this time I am down around 5 players injured with another one joining the clutch in the injury box and I cannot get any defence back to stop Lucktopn from running in a turn 16 touchdown to take the match.

2 bad injuries for me, a level 3 goat with leader died and a -AV on a CW which will mean his early retirement. Luckton played well and deserved the win, damn that is one hell of a bloody Orc team.

Match is uploaded to the feeder league under day 1 - not sure where you want these replays putting.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Blackrock & Roll 1 ~ 0 Gutted

After an unexciting and expected failure of a H&H match, my Orcs made me proud again as they stood their ground against Ulysees' seasoned Chaos.

Gutted elected to receive for the first half, and made a decent attempt at going down my right side, but a combination of Nuffle-cursing rolls and skilled Orc defense denied them a TD the entire half.

For the second half, a lucky kick and changing weather managed to bounce the ball all the way to my end-zone.  My Thrower recovered it and tried to get a pass to my Blitzer, but the pass was incomplete.  A couple of beastmen made it past the line of scrimmage, and a Wizard lightning strike kept my Thrower down for a couple turns, but my Blitzer, with his lucky +1AGI that has saved me more games than anything, recovered the ball again.  A few more beastmen joined up and pried the ball away from me again, but this time my Frenzy/MB Blitzer came to rescue, recovered the ball and made a clean getaway to the endzone for a turn 16 TD.  A trail of blood, sweat and tears laid in the Blitzer's path of destruction, as Gutted sustained 1 KO, 7 Casualties and 1 Death.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:52:28 PM by luckton »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Yeah Ulysees largely nailed it. I was in a rush for the last four turns as I was supposed to be taking the wife to dinner for her birthday. She was surprisingly understanding when I told her I was playing Bloodbowl and would be down in just a minute...

Ulysees advanced a cage forwards that was hard for me to stop, I decided not to contest the score too hard but instead to see if I could do some damage to his team which isn't usually a very good decision. As it was I didn't do much harm to the Chaos team and when he finally scored I didn't have enough time to reply in the half. For the second half I managed to suck in enough of his defence that I could break a lone Ghoul past his line and out of range of any blitzers, I pushed a few guys around and then scored in my next turn to give us about 5 turns each to score a winner. The ball ended up in a big scrum with pretty much every player from both teams involved. A Chaos Warrior went down with an MNG injury, a few Zombies got KOd and I fouled his Minotaur off the pitch. Eventually it came down to the last turn, I had his cage marked and I had Ghouls in scoring range - I just needed to open up the cage to give a Wolf a clear blitz on the ball carrier but I only got a push when I really needed a knockdown - I had a reroll but I thought I'd need it for the rest of the play so I didn't use it and then realised that without the knockdown there was no rest of the play....

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 05:36:42 PM

Mab's Malignancies 2-1 Going Forth By Day. 

The first half was pretty exciting.  Ingmar kicked off and bashed the crap out of me, causing 5-6 kos before forcing the turn over and walking in the score on the fifth round.  The second time he kicked off in the first half went a little better for me. All my ko'ed players were back on the pitch courtesy of the bloodweiser babes and I threw in a turn 8 touchdown.

Ingmar received to start the 2nd half and probably would have grinded out a 2-1 win, but my wizard threw a fantastic fireball on turn 10-11, knocking down the ball carrier and three defenders.  I picked it up and stalled a few rounds, scoring on the 14th. 

I got pretty lucky and suffered a lot more ko's than injuries, with only the one niggling injury to my witch elf to carry over to the next game.  She leveled and got block though, so I'll probably keep her around at least until I have the rest of my team filled out.  I made enough cash for my second witch elf, now I just need a runner or two and possibly a third reroll.
Strazos

Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 11:27:50 AM

Avaia, let me know when you're around for our match.

Fear the Backstab!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 05:46:51 PM

**Mic check!  Anyone out there still playing?**   why so serious?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ ROUND 1 - It begins  
Jump to: