Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:23:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: So, how many poopsockers...err...people have gotten to lvl 50? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, how many poopsockers...err...people have gotten to lvl 50?  (Read 25039 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 10:57:10 AM

Perhaps the part about ignoring the story in a story game?

Maybe you missed the part where he did all the story bits in beta?
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 11:01:32 AM

Teaming also makes quests faster, kills more efficient, etc. So having a partner makes you outlevel stuff.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 29, 2011, 11:04:12 AM

Teaming also makes quests faster, kills more efficient, etc. So having a partner makes you outlevel stuff.

You also get extra quest XP when completing objectives/turning shit in as a group.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011, 11:05:50 AM

Doing a strict duo has finally been actually worth it for us in this one, it has been more trouble than it is worth in all the games we've played since DAOC really, but they did a nice job with it here. We get social points, and almost all the "collect X things"/"click X shinies" quests count for both of us when one person clicks a thing. And the "holocall" thing is HUGE. It really reduces the amount of time we lose to travel, which is always a big problem with trying to do a strict duo in other games.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 11:09:21 AM

Doing a strict duo has finally been actually worth it for us in this one, it has been more trouble than it is worth in all the games we've played since DAOC really, but they did a nice job with it here. We get social points, and almost all the "collect X things"/"click X shinies" quests count for both of us when one person clicks a thing. And the "holocall" thing is HUGE. It really reduces the amount of time we lose to travel, which is always a big problem with trying to do a strict duo in other games.

Doing JK and Trooper in beta, there was a lot of holocall stuff.  With my Sith Warrior?  Just once so far.  Not a complaint, just an observation.  Not all classes use it the same amount, it seems.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 11:11:46 AM

DUO is definitely the way to roll in this game. Anything more is just gravy on top. The heroics give tons of XP and loot, and are quite fun in most cases. Most, lead to fun boss battles.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 11:17:34 AM

The Bonus Series on the planets seem to deliver better credits/lewts than the main lines, so seem worth doing. I've been skipping the Heroic4s, and going back to the Heroic2+ when I'm +2 to them, and cleaning them out. Though there are a few Heroic2s that are doable at even con, that may be because I can let the pet tank/dps while I just heal
I've found there is often a big difference between "Group 2" and "Group 2+" I think Group 2+ means duo with companions (the +). Group 4 generally means a solid balanced trio + Mako and even then a couple of you better outlevel it.

I wish I could duo through, but it's almost impossible to stay in sync with anyone that long who isn't physically in the same room. No idea how anyone does it without going bonkers.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 11:19:29 AM

You can do the 4s up to about the 3rd planet with a duo. By the third planet, you need 4 solid people.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 11:33:58 AM

Doing JK and Trooper in beta, there was a lot of holocall stuff.  With my Sith Warrior?  Just once so far.  Not a complaint, just an observation.  Not all classes use it the same amount, it seems.

I don't mean the thing that pops up in your story quest, I mean the ability for people in your group to holocall in to conversations with a quest NPC so you don't all have to run to him to turn in.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 11:37:38 AM

The bonus series aren't useless, imo. They're gap filler content with a usually decent story (meaning you're 45, and the next planet is 46-47? There's probably a level 45-46 bonus series you should do)

My main complaint with the game actually is that a 1 level difference is HUGE in pve. Like, +1 con hostiles will drop you to half hp, and take ~2 minutes to kill a gold elite. -1 cons will die in your first volley, and gold elites will go down before you've made it through a full rotation.

I must really suck at this then, because -1 con golds still take a hell of a lot longer than one full rotation for me to kill.

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 29, 2011, 01:22:03 PM

Me, too...but I'm a tank spec with a healer pet so I expect it to be slow.

Funny killing the Santabot solo takes me forever just whittling him down...then Furi shows up and makes quick work of it (relatively speaking, he's got a decent bucket of hp). I try to keep things at -2 to keep it from slowing down too much.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 29, 2011, 04:29:21 PM

How much do skills cost at 50?  I'm at 30 and they now cost 12k, that's retarded.

Including buying the high level speeder license, I spent pretty much 500k at 50 to level and get that.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 29, 2011, 09:37:02 PM

Me, too...but I'm a tank spec with a healer pet so I expect it to be slow.

Funny killing the Santabot solo takes me forever just whittling him down...then Furi shows up and makes quick work of it (relatively speaking, he's got a decent bucket of hp). I try to keep things at -2 to keep it from slowing down too much.

Well I also am using a DPS companion. Plus it's like 3 times the dps, so it does go down a lot faster. Only one person is getting shot/healed. So it's a ton more efficient. Except for loot distribution.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #48 on: December 29, 2011, 11:56:06 PM

So how overstated were the claims of 200+ hours of content for each class from BioWare?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 12:11:22 AM

So how overstated were the claims of 200+ hours of content for each class from BioWare?

Well, I think that number must include the content that all classes are sharing.  But if you take that into account...maybe?  I have only leveled to 24, and have skipped a lot of content (Heroics, Flashpoints), and while I haven't checked my /played...I think I have played nearly the equivalent of a single game of KOTOR.  Were I to do all the content, I would definitely be at that point, or past it.  So there is a lot.  I think the game delivers in spades from a single player content POV.  MMO stickiness is another question entirely.

Those guys that have 4 days /played and have made it to level 50...we all scoff at how fast that is, but that is 96 goddamn hours.  Space bar all the way through, I imagine, and surely they are skipping content in order to level faster.  Anyone who doesn't think that is a lot may as well be Treasurer for the Poopsockers Club.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 03:36:12 AM

Does this mean you'll do it again with me once Kayce and Siala are squared away?  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

God Save the Horn Players
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 30, 2011, 03:38:26 AM

Are we still talking about the game?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 04:06:43 AM

Maybe.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 30, 2011, 07:44:53 AM

Depends on what you mean by content.

If you skip flashpoints, space combat, pvp and stick with just solo quests on each planet, I can see you having about 120-150 hours of content maybe.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 08:02:02 AM

I'm 36 and have skipped most flashpoints all the 'bonus' content and the heroics for each planet unless there was a group there when I was.   I'm at 4 days /played time total with 14 more levels to go.  I can see 200h easily.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 02, 2012, 06:18:37 PM

You can do the 4s up to about the 3rd planet with a duo. By the third planet, you need 4 solid people.

I've been consistently able to do HEROIC4s with a random bat country partner plus companions, so long as we are both more or less the same level as the mission.

It probably does depend on at least having an effective tank (meaning able to keep aggro - Khem Val is fine) among the 2+2 characters, and having a healer if the tank's gear is crap.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 09:56:53 AM

50 Merc healer and a 28 Sith Assassin currently we have a total of 9 50's so far

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 11:51:48 AM

50 merc healer here, with 17 Sith Assassin.

40+ went reasonably quickly, the key seemed to be gearing the shit out of my companion. Once I got a couple purple armor mods RE'd survivability went way up.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 11:56:19 AM

50 merc healer here, with 17 Sith Assassin.

40+ went reasonably quickly, the key seemed to be gearing the shit out of my companion. Once I got a couple purple armor mods RE'd survivability went way up.

I can barely proc a blue on RE's. I just go with that since I seem to outlevel the mods so damn fast. Actually making mods now that I can't wear for 4 levels so I can waste mats on trying to proc purps now.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 12:00:02 PM

I got to level 12, got bored and quit.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #60 on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:05 PM

I hit 50 about a week ago on my Vanguard tank-spec Trooper. My guild has 8-10 level 50s at this point.

Easiest way to gear up at this point is through PVP. Nobody on my server attacks each other in Ilum, they just point trade.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #61 on: January 05, 2012, 11:56:24 PM

Ding 50.  why so serious?

Woulda been like a WEEK ago if it wasn't for STUPID CHRISTMAS.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 06, 2012, 07:00:26 AM

I'm the other way around. Playing for an hour a night, two if I'm lucky...it's been difficult. Xmas vacation was so nice.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #63 on: January 06, 2012, 07:37:33 AM

Yeah, we were in Jersey for Christmas, so I had no way to play. If we had been here, we would've been playing an even more embarrassing amount together.

I guess I could've had Siala at 50 earlier if I didn't have her hitched to Ingmar's jedi, but duoing is hella fun in this game, so it was an acceptable sacrifice. ;) I should probably decide (already!) who should be next. I know Kildorn votes for Kalah because of my Corso Riggs Hate, but man she is annoying to solo. My trooper has a much easier time of it!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 06, 2012, 07:38:39 AM

Easiest way to gear up at this point is through PVP. Nobody on my server attacks each other in Ilum, they just point trade.

That's a shame.  Pvp is about the only thing I enjoy at endgame.  I'm working on alts for just that reason.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 06, 2012, 07:58:03 AM

NOW can we have more hot Corso on Blaster action, or do you need to gear up first? ;)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #66 on: January 06, 2012, 09:44:12 AM

I figure I will do most of Siala's gearing when Ingmar is around, so yes, we can have more white hot Corso hate.  awesome, for real

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #67 on: January 06, 2012, 10:22:36 AM

I figure I will do most of Siala's gearing when Ingmar is around, so yes, we can have more white hot Corso hate.  awesome, for real

Tharan > all.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #68 on: January 06, 2012, 10:34:02 AM

Man, Tharan is utterly harmless. He's even sort of adorable when he ultranerds, if you ask me.  why so serious?

Corso, though. Fuck that guy.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 06, 2012, 10:37:16 AM

I'm still on the fence on Holiday. She's both depressing/dear god what, and randomly hilarious.

Tharan just likes talking shit to wildlife animals. "Obviously you've never heard of us!" "Tharan, it's a womprat. I don't think it's heard of anything."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: So, how many poopsockers...err...people have gotten to lvl 50?  
Jump to: