Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:16:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: So, how many poopsockers...err...people have gotten to lvl 50? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, how many poopsockers...err...people have gotten to lvl 50?  (Read 25043 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: December 28, 2011, 03:02:53 PM

Just curious to know as I've already seen videos of guilds that are full swing into the end game raids already.  Highest level character I have is my lvl 26 BH but thats mostly because I've been at my parents over Christmas and using their laptop to (barely) play.  So, tell us how bad your home smells like catass and murdered time. awesome, for real
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:05:48 PM

My old friend and guild leader hit 50 today. He got the early game deal though. Not sure if that makes a difference. I've been playing for a week and am only level 16.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 03:19:06 PM

Operative Agent here...taking my time and enjoying the sights.  Level 33, but I'm still on Alderan, though I did finish my class story stuff there just so's I could get my Legacy name locked in.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:28:48 PM

My Sorcerer is only 33, but I've been putzing around with a BH, and a Marauder on Shien, and a Jedi Shadow on The Bastion.  I've seen one 50 in the BGs, and a large number of players that are 46 - 49.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 04:13:39 PM

Azuredream has for sure. We've got several in the 40s, including Rattran who has pulled way ahead of my plonking butt. I only really got an early lead because of hour 0 access and a few days off over the holidays. I did start a SW that hit 14, my BH is 35. I'm in no hurry.

Like luckton, I tried to make a push for 30 to get the legacy unlocked.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 04:17:44 PM

My highest is a JK at 28. I've got a trooper at 15 and a SW at 20 though.

Altogether that's a 50, but not a lot of poopsockage here, unless you count playing on the plane to and from California.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 04:37:53 PM

I was hoping to do some poopsocking of my own over the holidays since I'm off for 30 days but my trip to visit my parents ruined that plan. Heartbreak  Still, I'm flying home tomorrow morning and I'm not back to work until 16 Jan., so that leaves about 18 days to fill the sock. awesome, for real
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 04:45:15 PM

Once I hit the 30s and finished Chapter 1, my levelling pace dropped off quite a bit.  I'm working on an alt, exploring a bit, working on trade skills, etc.  Just sorta enjoying the ride.  I'm also getting an itch to roll a sorcerer.  Assassin is fun, but sorcerer looks pretty fun too. 
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 05:04:31 PM

Prettty sure I'd be 50 or close to it if not for the enforced week break due to visiting family in NJ. As it is I have a level 35 or 36 consular and a level 26-ish smuggler.

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 05:09:25 PM

I alted it up a bit at 49. I'm going to make myself finish off this story though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 05:27:19 PM

I really am a fan of "clean the piss out of the SunnyD bottles under your desk" in these situations.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 05:33:08 PM

Level 26 Marauder, didn't get to play as much as I would have liked because the wife had trouble with a root canal just before Xmas and we're leveling together. Weird side note, we've been duoing from level 1 on Korriban, and with no PVP or space battles we had outlevelled Nar Shadda before even leaving Balmorra (lvl 25). At this rate we'll ding 50 in Taris.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 05:59:48 PM

I've been playing the crap out of the game and have a Sorcerer at 50. There are enough people at 50 now on Shien that I'm finding a nice circle of people to run the level 50 content with. I like to pile all my time onto one character so it'll be a while before I start leveling the Powertech that I have in the works.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 06:24:54 PM

I hit 50 on launch day myself.  2 other people in my guild just hit 50 today.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 12:22:09 AM

I hit 50 on launch day myself.  2 other people in my guild just hit 50 today.

Jesus, man...hope you remember to change your undies once in a while. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I am all of level...24? Stupid Year End closing at work.  Stupid pregnant wife.  Stupid kids.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 01:15:41 AM

I think I'm in the gap between the poopsockers and the bulk of players, there's noone on the planet's I've been on. Quesh and Belsalvis are ghost towns.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 03:22:59 AM

Level 26 Marauder, didn't get to play as much as I would have liked because the wife had trouble with a root canal just before Xmas and we're leveling together. Weird side note, we've been duoing from level 1 on Korriban, and with no PVP or space battles we had outlevelled Nar Shadda before even leaving Balmorra (lvl 25). At this rate we'll ding 50 in Taris.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Two sets of story quests will easily overlevel you. Side quests as well are going to add up fast.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 03:26:11 AM

How the?Huh Granted I've only been able to play a few hours a day and am only 13, but two of my buddies are grinding the shit outta that game and they are still only 27ish.

You people are mad! Mad I say!

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 03:29:26 AM

How the?Huh Granted I've only been able to play a few hours a day and am only 13, but two of my buddies are grinding the shit outta that game and they are still only 27ish.

You people are mad! Mad I say!

Quote from: The Architect
This is the sixth time (if not more) we've played these DIKU MMOs, and we've become increasingly efficient at it.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS why so serious?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:30:58 AM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 03:40:23 AM

Yeah I actually "hate" leveling.  I get OCD about it and must finish it ASAP.  Then I punish myself more as my Sniper is already 27.

I did straight questing, space missions, and pvp (only when I had to help level myself for the next area).  I did no heroics or flashpoints, I did do every bonus mission possible.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 04:18:43 AM

I just hit 50 earlier today. I did all planet quests (except for the heroics) in sequence... hit 50 just by finishing Corellia and Act 3 of my class quest, with some of the 'planet bonus quests' remaining along with the entirety of Ilum. I did some pvp while leveling, but didn't overdo it (pvp is pretty bad in this game in case I haven't mentioned that enough times already awesome, for real). Only did the first three space missions.

Flashpoint pugs are almost nonexistent on my server, so I only run esseles (twice), and hammer station once. I also ran guildies through cademimu, taral V and maelstrom, but that doesn't count -- all mobs were grey and could barely hit me.  

I did play a healer alt off-and-on (level 16-ish) that I intend to only level through flashpoints, pvp, heroic group missions and space... that's going to be on hold for a while, though.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:27:52 AM by Zetor »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 06:43:43 AM

I think I'm in the gap between the poopsockers and the bulk of players, there's noone on the planet's I've been on. Quesh and Belsalvis are ghost towns.
Taris has a nice mix, enough to do a few things. Unfortunately, most of the sith seem to be "roleplaying"  Ohhhhh, I see. I just roll with it, but I do have a stack of heroic quests. I pretty much stopped bothering with them after Tatooine. Omw to Quesh after I clean up a few solo quests on Taris, debating the Taris bonus series.

Haven't really done any pvp this week, so looks like I won't be getting my level 40 pvp set. Hit 36 last night after staying up to finish the Taris arc of the BH story.

The only time I get close to 'grinding' is when I want to close out a story arc in a session and they do a little extended bit I didn't expect. I did laugh because I had been bitching about leveling too fast and last night found myself thinking leveling had really slowed and bitching to myself about it. Then I relaxed, looked around the amazing Taris zone and slowed back down to enjoy playing this amazing game.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 07:00:29 AM

The higher planets have around 3 people on them as well. I both love and hate having entire leveling zones to myself, compared to say Coruscant.

It seems the bulk of the playerbase are on the sub-30 planets still, just from playing my alt.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 07:05:51 AM

I'm only 34 and just hit Taris the other night.  Been obsessed with watching How to Make It in America with the wife and didn't really get to play the last two nights. 
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 07:08:28 AM

I was more on a mission to grab up each class's ship. However, for whatever hellbent reason, I have my consular up to 27 and DS IV. The rest kinda have fallen by the wayside because I am kinda taken with my Orion girl.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 07:13:33 AM

I hit 50 on the 21st I think.   Me and a friend took off work and we duoed every day.  We didn't even play all day and it didn't take that long.   At the end our /played was 4 days and a few hours.   That was consuming EVERY quest in the game though.   We only skipped 4 man heroics.

More interestingly a friend from beta got to 50 (on a jedi knight no less) in 3 days /played so if you skip the useless bonus series and space bar some stuff you can level very very fast in this game.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 07:32:08 AM

More interestingly a friend from beta got to 50 (on a jedi knight no less) in 3 days /played so if you skip the useless bonus series and space bar some stuff you can level very very fast in this game.
Talk about missing the point.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 07:56:49 AM

he might say the same thing about you.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 07:57:57 AM

The bonus series aren't useless, imo. They're gap filler content with a usually decent story (meaning you're 45, and the next planet is 46-47? There's probably a level 45-46 bonus series you should do)

My main complaint with the game actually is that a 1 level difference is HUGE in pve. Like, +1 con hostiles will drop you to half hp, and take ~2 minutes to kill a gold elite. -1 cons will die in your first volley, and gold elites will go down before you've made it through a full rotation.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 08:25:12 AM

Talk about missing the point.

How?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 08:29:06 AM

Perhaps the part about ignoring the story in a story game?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 09:08:27 AM

I like the bonus series (other than the jarring transition from "You saved the planet!" to "Ahhh the planet is almost lost!") but have to do them regardless because if I don't get a couple levels into the next planet's range I will experience a world of hurt.

How much do skills cost at 50?  I'm at 30 and they now cost 12k, that's retarded.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 09:17:44 AM

I like the bonus series (other than the jarring transition from "You saved the planet!" to "Ahhh the planet is almost lost!") but have to do them regardless because if I don't get a couple levels into the next planet's range I will experience a world of hurt.

How much do skills cost at 50?  I'm at 30 and they now cost 12k, that's retarded.

Skill cost appears tied to the number of skills you have to train, essentially. The jarring cost is due to the lack of a fractional money type system (gold/silver/copper), everything is listed in essentially Copper, so the numbers and scale skyrocket.

So I spent ~70k one level training 3 skills, but only spent ~90k the next level training 12 skills.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 10:53:43 AM

The Bonus Series on the planets seem to deliver better credits/lewts than the main lines, so seem worth doing. I've been skipping the Heroic4s, and going back to the Heroic2+ when I'm +2 to them, and cleaning them out. Though there are a few Heroic2s that are doable at even con, that may be because I can let the pet tank/dps while I just heal
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 10:56:26 AM

Doing all the heroics+2s and the bonus stuff as I've been doing with my friend on his smuggler and my JK, you outlevel the zones by the 4th section.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: So, how many poopsockers...err...people have gotten to lvl 50?  
Jump to: