Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:21:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: So, is it fun or just shiny and new? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, is it fun or just shiny and new?  (Read 42085 times)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #175 on: January 05, 2012, 12:46:10 PM

Yeah once you have enough orange gear you should just buy commendation mods and overwrite the old ones without bothering to take them out.  IIRC the more important ones like armoring/hilt/barrel cost 7 commendations so I usually just buy those off the GTN if they are cheap.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #176 on: January 05, 2012, 01:24:14 PM

Commendations mods are blue  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #177 on: January 05, 2012, 01:32:44 PM

And? Tell me you aren't going to a bunch of effort trying to slot purple mods in leveling gear, I cannot imagine a bigger waste of time and money. OK, I can. But you still shouldn't do that!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: January 05, 2012, 01:41:38 PM

Commendations mods are blue  Ohhhhh, I see.

By the time you can make a full set of epic armor pieces, you should have outleveled them imo.

I had a set of epics waiting for me at 49, but beyond that I used nothing but blue armor mods.

(also, daily token armor mods are purple)
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: January 05, 2012, 01:43:06 PM

I buy a purple barrel after every planet, for some reason the cunning ones are cheap (I guess everyone plays a bh?) and it's an insane upgrade. 

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #180 on: January 05, 2012, 03:33:07 PM

And? Tell me you aren't going to a bunch of effort trying to slot purple mods in leveling gear, I cannot imagine a bigger waste of time and money. OK, I can. But you still shouldn't do that!
Up until 41, purples were fairly easy to RE in a timely fashion. I didn't go nuts and kit Mako in purples, but I did kit her in blues. I now have two blue pieces of armor because I can't seem to get an RE for them, and they're still slightly better than I had mods in orange. And my chest would be better if I could RE the purple schem for that, too.

But really, it's been almost no effort to stay in purples and keep mako in blues while leveling. Armormech has always been way ahead of what I can actually use, I had it maxed at level 42, iirc.

I don't do daily token things or shop the GTN, guess I'm not programmed from wow :p I can do crew skills while I'm questing, couldn't be easier, really.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #181 on: January 05, 2012, 03:47:02 PM

The daily token things are at 50.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: So, is it fun or just shiny and new?  
Jump to: