Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Failoffs (1/8 finals) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Failoffs (1/8 finals)  (Read 11126 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: December 19, 2011, 03:51:42 PM

We are currently Playing.....
Failoffs (1/8 finals)
** All games have to be played BEFORE December 30th 2011 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE December 30th 2011 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 05:21:30 PM

Before the 30th? Oh, um, ok.

Ginaz, when are you around?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:31:03 AM

Krummi!

I am good any day/night except Wednesday. I leave town for a few days on Saturday. Eastern time.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:12:57 AM

Can we do it today?

I am free all day, but leave for christmas tomorrow (until the 5th of Jan), and won't have a computer to play on!

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 08:03:32 AM

We can! I just got back from the doctor and am a little loopy right now, so it'll be this afternoon before I'm good. Just be on Steam and I'll shoot you a message?
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:53:00 AM

Sure, I'll be on steam from around 19:00 GMT (Two hours from now) and onwards.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 11:41:27 AM

Well this is not going well.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 02:26:23 PM

Where my pimp(ernel)s at?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 03:59:41 PM

Playing Luckton at the moment.

Turn one, I'm receiving. kick off event is a quick snap so I set up for a 1 turn TD. Catcher fails a GfI with Sure Feet in the endzone.
Turn two. I go to blitz the only Halfling marking the ball with my Wardancer so that the catcher can stand up, get the ball and walk it in without having to dodge, only to fail the leap required to get her away from the Halflings pinning her against the side of the pitch. Burn a reroll and that fails too.
Turn three. Finally get the ball with my Agi 5 guy. 2+ throw to my unmarked catcher fails.

Sigh.

Edit:

Things got better after that with me finally carrying the ball over the Halfling line in turn four and then again in turn 6. Luckton tries to throw a hobbit at my endzne on the last turn of the half but it is fumbled.

Second half and I only have seven Elves fit to play. Kickoff event is a blitz and combined with a short kick allows me to get players next to where the ball will land. A UI error sees Luckton attempt a treeman dodge with predictable results and I pick the ball up and run in my third on turn 9. There then followed a running skirmish in the Halfling end of the pitch with angry Hobbits ganging up on and then fouling the shit out of any Elf that they could reach. I burnt my apothecary keeping my Wardancer in the game and eventually the Halflings get the ball clear and in range of my endzone. I have an Elf who can intercept though but he fails the 2+ dodge with a reroll to get there. On turn 14 and with only four Elves left on the pitch, the Halflings roll the ball over the line for a consolation TD. I've got a good chance to push my players out of tree range and score a last TD before the end of the match but the kick is short so I decide to make the ball safe first. Naturally my Agi5 line-elf fails to pick the ball up though. I disengage to try and keep the players that are left safe from further damage as the game is won and I don't want to be down critical players for the quarterfinals. The Halflings lightning bolt my thrower and then foul him resulting in a MNG injury however and that's pretty much the game.

I took 7 injuries in all, including two MNGs however one of those was on a merc. My Thrower reached level 5 though and I'm only going to be down one player for my next game which is about as good as it's been for me this season. No Halflings were injured - I only threw 12 blocks in the whole game and only 5 of those were successful. Also just over 25% of my D6 rolls were 1s which is a bad thing for a Wood Elf team.

Luckton's inducements were a wizard, Deeproot Strongbranch and some Babes.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:56:10 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 04:31:29 PM

Game over.  3-1 IainC.  But with 6 of his players in the injury box and none in mine, I think we both won  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 05:22:04 PM

18 knockdowns inflicted seems rather impressive for a Halfling squad.  Sounds like a competitive game.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 05:29:19 PM

18 knockdowns inflicted seems rather impressive for a Halfling squad.  Sounds like a competitive game.

Luckton plays a bashy Halfling game. I think he will do well with his Orcs.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 06:01:57 PM

Oh I've played against those orcs many times.  My elven teams have contributed considerably to his team building.  He'll do well with them, I have little doubt.  It's good to see some orcs coming back into the competition also; we didn't have any at all this season.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 06:28:53 PM

Oh I've played against those orcs many times.  My elven teams have contributed considerably to his team building.  He'll do well with them, I have little doubt.  It's good to see some orcs coming back into the competition also; we didn't have any at all this season.

The only thing worse than Orcs are Dark Elves. And Dwarves.

And MA is bringing he Orcs back too. Ugh!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 06:34:17 PM

What, you don't want me to switch to my Orc team this season?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 06:34:55 PM

So, since I'm effectively "out" at this point, can/should I quit the league so my 'flings can see some Feeder League play?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 06:36:33 PM

Dwarves < Orcs, so you'd be on to a winner!

Goblins > Orcs and Halflings > Orcs, though.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 06:43:11 PM

Stick with Dwarfs.  They murder Halflings.  I mean seriously...fucking.  Murder.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 03:00:54 PM

Where do I register for my Ogre beatdown?

And even if I survive Ogres, I will get to be pounded by either Khemri or Dwarves!  ACK!
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 08:33:50 PM

Where do I register for my Ogre beatdown?

And even if I survive Ogres, I will get to be pounded by either Khemri or Dwarves!  ACK!
I noticed you on Steam just before I left for work today. (I'm at work now)
We're friends on there already so we can chat to work out details.

You'll notice that my Ogres are the biggest losers.
Didn't win a game this season, barely an injury by any of them, first round knock out in the season 4 fail-offs.
It's a good thing everyone says that they enjoy matches with me or I'd have to find a new team   why so serious?

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 09:19:15 PM

Ok, so I've been able install BB on my parents laptop and will be able to play my match.  Name your time Megrim, I can make myself available whenever your free to play.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 09:27:35 PM

Double post fail.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:26:00 AM by Ginaz »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 02:16:42 AM

Megrim messaged me two days ago telling me he won't be able to play being out for the whole Christmas period, so he's conceding. I thought he talked to you about it. I guess he didn't..?

Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 03:49:02 AM

Gentlemens Club 5 - 0 The Goblin Team

It was a severe loss for the greenskins, as the elves had a field-day running in TDs while the goblins failed... almost anything they tried. Cant say nuffle was on their side, as even simple dodges were too hard to do. They managed to take out three elves, while the elves managed to murder one. The bomber KOed a troll, which came back late in the game. All in all a pretty standard elf bullshit, with long passes.

My new STR 4 Catchers survived! And the Club got four or five level-ups. So Im a pretty happy camper now!

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 07:35:05 AM

Megrim messaged me two days ago telling me he won't be able to play being out for the whole Christmas period, so he's conceding. I thought he talked to you about it. I guess he didn't..?

He did but he said he was available until 25 Dec.  I'm visiting my parents over the holidays, from 20-29 Dec., and wasn't sure if my parents laptop would be able to play BB.  I was under the impression that he was going to ask you to flip a coin to see who won, as I told him I was willing to concede.  Now that I'm able to, I was hoping Megrim and I could play our match instead.  I don't like being the beneficiary of two wins by default but I'm willing to leave it up to you to decide if we can't play the match.  Sorry for the confusion.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 07:52:26 AM

Gentlemens Club 5 - 0 The Goblin Team

You hear that, boys?  Us Halflings aren't the worst team this season  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 08:36:45 AM

Yes, he specifically said to flip a coin, and that you were both OK with it. Well, if it has to be a coin, I'll flip it on deadline day.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 12:17:01 PM

Ok, so I've been able install BB on my parents laptop and will be able to play my match.  Name your time Megrim, I can make myself available whenever your free to play.

I'm at GMT+10, where are you?

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 02:11:08 PM

GMT -5, North America Eastern Standard Time for the next week or so.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 03:04:05 PM

Well, if you're around now or in the next hour or so, we can get our game in. Otherwise we can try for 6pm-ish tomorrow (your Friday)?

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 04:20:07 PM

Beetles continue their self-destructing with a 24-turn 2-1 loss to the Pimpernels.   My +1 MV and +1 AG blitz-ra died on a failed dodge, and a thro-ra was murdered by dwarves.

I have not done an overtime game before and thought there would be a re-kickoff on turn 21, but, nope.  It would have only been an extra dodge or two for the dwarf runner anyway, and he made plenty.

Worst season ever.   Cry

Uploading now.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 04:38:16 PM

The Pimpernells emerge with the blood of their enemies covering them for a 2-1 victory over the Burrowing Beetles in an epic 24 turn game of bloodbowl!

It began when my Star Player Grim Ironbeard was knocked out of the pitch on turn 1. Things were going on their inevitable course and I was as dispondent as ever when suddenly one of my Runners actually caught the ankle of the BBs Level 3 Blitz-Ra and send hin on his head, which resulted in his DEATH and the freeing of the ball. Suddenly I was right back in the match. The runner grabbed the ball and sprinted up the pitch, resulting in a mad scrambling fight with the Dwarves passing the ball around like elves and casualties mounting on both sides. The heroic pink Dwarves managed to score despite many interception attempts on turn 8, with the Runner donning his elven tights and dodging away form the opposition for a toucddown.

The second half began with the Dwarves receiving, and again the Dwarves tried to pretend to be elves. It was not to be, however as the maddened undead swarmed around the ball like zombies looking for braaaaains. Grim IronJaw showed off his multiple block ability to devastating effect no less than twice, and in the Carnage a level 2 Throw-Ra decided on permanent retirement. But the Undead finally managed to break the ball clear for a touchdown on turn 16 after knocking the dwarves down to about 8 players on the pitch.

Then suddenly turn 17 opened to confusion on both sides. I guess the program does not allow ties in a knock out competition. This kind of placed the dwarven coach in a moral dilemma as he.. uh... didn't actually want to progress you know.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?   So The Dwarves tried something fun, a long pass over an interception square, but the catch failed. This resulted in yet another mad punch up on the sidelines, and resulted in yet MORE overtime on turn 20, but the Dwarves eventually got their hands on the ball and broke it clear for a touchdown on turn 22. The undead madly scrambled for the line in turns 23 and 24, but they dimply didn't have enough time to cover the distance with Grim Ironjaw standing over the ball

Proudft played a really good enjoyable game, but the dice just bit him hard at critical points in the match. And the fact is I'm now onto the second leg of the Failoffs for my sins   ACK! sad

This is a fun game to watch the replay of guys. There was casualties all round but the permanent only one that affects me is one of my Trollslayers misses the next game. ProudFT has a skeleton out next game and a level 3 Blitz-Ra and Level 2 Throw-Ra both heading back to the Pyramid.

So, onwards to the next game.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:41:47 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 04:58:49 PM

Well, if you're around now or in the next hour or so, we can get our game in. Otherwise we can try for 6pm-ish tomorrow (your Friday)?

Sounds good.  I'll make myself available tomorrow.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 05:11:53 PM

Beetles continue their self-destructing with a 24-turn 2-1 loss to the Pimpernels.   My +1 MV and +1 AG blitz-ra died on a failed dodge, and a thro-ra was murdered by dwarves.

I have not done an overtime game before and thought there would be a re-kickoff on turn 21, but, nope.  It would have only been an extra dodge or two for the dwarf runner anyway, and he made plenty.

Worst season ever.   Cry

Uploading now.

My commiserations Proudft  Heartbreak

Sounds like a tough game and Congratulations on the soon to be retiring SirT  Ohhhhh, I see.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 01:24:02 AM

Proudft played a really good enjoyable game, but the dice just bit him hard at critical points in the match. And the fact is I'm now onto the second leg of the Failoffs for my sins   ACK! sad

This is a fun game to watch the replay of guys. There was casualties all round but the permanent only one that affects me is one of my Trollslayers misses the next game. ProudFT has a skeleton out next game and a level 3 Blitz-Ra and Level 2 Throw-Ra both heading back to the Pyramid.

So, onwards to the next game.

This is why the game is so good. It's like an abusive spouse, sure it hits you from time to time but it loves you and wants you to be happy. Bloodbowl is one of the few games that will have me screaming obscenities at my monitor one moment and euphorically happy the next.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Failoffs (1/8 finals)  
Jump to: