Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:10:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Playoffs (1/8 finals) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Playoffs (1/8 finals)  (Read 11981 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: December 19, 2011, 03:51:23 PM

We are currently Playing.....
Playoffs (1/8 finals)
** All games have to be played BEFORE December 30th 2011 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE December 30th 2011 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 04:05:12 PM

Here come the Norse, bitches.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 05:01:15 PM

My bracket is strange. The 3rd bashiest team is... humans?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:02:46 PM

Llyse is likely bashier than I am... for now.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:25:22 PM

I'm going to be busy for the next 24 hours, but after that we might be able to fit the game in Ulysses. Will be tricky with the timezone, and I'm not at home so hopefully my ports wont stop things happening properly.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 05:33:23 PM

Llyse is likely bashier than I am... for now.

I thought Bann would be 2nd and me or you 3rd Avaia  Ohhhhh, I see.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 05:50:15 PM

Umm, are you guys all forgetting my Rat Ogre?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 05:56:00 PM

Hard to tell all those furry things apart.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 07:07:04 PM

Bann,

My holiday availability is pretty crap, so I'm hoping you can play the game this Wednesday or Thursday evening. The 24th could also work, actually, but after that I am at Christmas and then out of town until the 29th -- with something booked for the 30th.

I am PST. I could also play during the day any of Tuesday - Thursday.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 07:24:27 PM

Com, I'm ok to play Friday night but the weekend is up in the air.

I'll definitely be free I just don't know when though so maybe Wednesday night would be best?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 07:37:56 PM

Catfud pm on steam whenever you see me and play. The two most experiences teams in the league go head to head. One win, one loss and one draw each, I predict a close game. However,. Alive not Dead has the clear skill advantage.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:42:19 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 09:15:51 PM

Beardstorm! 2 - Bleating 1 in OVERTIME. Fairly unremarkable game from a casualty point of view, I was lucky to be able to equalize in 3 turns in the first half, since it took me 12 turns to score in the 2nd.

Falc, the league is not created yet in BBL so I uploaded it as a day 8 match to the regular season, lest I lose the replay somehow before you have it set up.

Beardstorm! | 2 - 1 | Bleating

Teams
Beardstorm!Bleating
Race : DwarfNurgle
TV : 20301530
Treasury : 27000090000
Rerolls : 42
Apothecary : 10
Fan Factor : 87
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Beardstorm!Bleating
Score : 21
Touchdowns inflicted : 11
Touchdowns sustained : 11
Passes : 00
Catches : 10
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 137
KOs inflicted : 52
Injuries inflicted : 20
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 32
Yards gained passing : 20
Yards gained running : 8446
Ball Possession (%) : 5932
Own occupation: 6336
Opponent occupation : 3663
Note of the match: 12/20
Spectators: 30000

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 10:05:40 PM

Darn! Bloody Dwarves!

I can sack my Rat Ogre and get a Wizard. So very tempting.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 10:06:14 PM

I can't say I should've won this one, but I definitely shouldn't have given up the score at the end of the half.  Ingmar had some good rolls to pull that one out, and I facilitated it with overcommitting to one side of the pitch.  My block dice were quite good on the opening drive, and it's possibke I could've scored a turn later, but I'm fine with the pacing in the first half.  If I could've had better armor rolls in the first I would've pulled it out.

The second half found the dwarves doing what they do best, knocking people out.  In spite of this, I was able to pull off that famous nurgle dodge game and knock the ball lose and make a break for the goal with a warrior around turn 12/13/14 or so.  I attempted a double GFI to try and score (this after dodging out of two markers, knocking down the BC wizard had knocked down the BC before doing this, and picking up with a reroll on an AG 2 dude); the first GFI worked, the second, not so much.  Lots of dodges for me, I don't think I failed one until very late in the game, so more fortunate dice for me.

All injuries made their regen rolls, so things are all good on my side.  Fun match.  Next year, look the fuck out.  why so serious?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 12:07:28 AM

Here come the Norse, bitches.

The Ex-Presidents do not misunderestimate their opponents.  They have...

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 01:28:09 AM

Don't know if our timezones will be in synch enough for a weeknight match Lamaros but will look for you on steam and if you are around we cna get out match in. Otherwise how is your availability christmas eve? I have some things to do in the morning but should be able to fit you in around 11am GMT if that is workable for you?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 01:48:40 AM

Falc, the league is not created yet in BBL so I uploaded it as a day 8 match to the regular season, lest I lose the replay somehow before you have it set up.

That's the right thing to do.

Day 8 for 1/8 finals, day 9 for 1/4, day 10 for 1/2 and day 11 for the Final match.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44:26 AM

Don't know if our timezones will be in synch enough for a weeknight match Lamaros but will look for you on steam and if you are around we cna get out match in. Otherwise how is your availability christmas eve? I have some things to do in the morning but should be able to fit you in around 11am GMT if that is workable for you?

That'd be late evening here, which should be doable.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 05:56:27 AM

Bann,

My holiday availability is pretty crap, so I'm hoping you can play the game this Wednesday or Thursday evening. The 24th could also work, actually, but after that I am at Christmas and then out of town until the 29th -- with something booked for the 30th.

I am PST. I could also play during the day any of Tuesday - Thursday.

Hey, that actually works well for me. Im CST, and today is my last day of work. I'll be around all day Wednesday through Friday. Looking forward to it!
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 08:57:23 AM

teleku! find me on steam!  should be around tonight after work (6ish PST).

the battle soon commences for the right to lose to the dark elves Beating a Dead Horse
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 11:45:22 AM

Andy, my availability will be pretty spotty as the job tends to keep me late most nights and I'm not up late too much these days. Also have I think 3 holiday events this weekend, so...

If you see me online give me a holler and we'll see how possible it is. I think I'm UTC+2 or some nonsense nowadays (probably whatever time Helm/Falconeer are).

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 01:03:36 PM

for the benifit of the tape...

we spoke on steam and agred to play "when we had time". IE TBC
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 01:44:51 PM

teleku! find me on steam!  should be around tonight after work (6ish PST).

the battle soon commences for the right to lose to the dark elves Beating a Dead Horse
Sounds good, I should be around as well.  Indeed, not looking forward to winning if I actually do.  I was hoping to draw the match up with Lamaros so I could spend the next few games playing speed/scoring duels.  But alas!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Strazos

Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 01:46:53 PM

Hey hey hey now, my injury dice could actually work properly.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 02:36:12 PM

The magic of African internet will invigorate your dice!  Just be sure to sacrifice a chicken before the game.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 07:55:17 PM

2-1 HHB over Teleku's brave elves in a real nailbiter made possible by a host of KOs and blinding sunlight.  whew.  at one point he had three elves left on the field and i decided to score early in the first overtime to give him a fighting chance...and both wardancers woke up and immediately put me back in panic mode.  thankfully his mega catcher failed a leap and knocked himself out in his last drive, or i would've been in trouble.

andy's next, the first time i'll have ever played him.  i better start training  ZombieSigne
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 07:57:20 PM

I'll discuss the game later once my fists have healed.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 08:04:31 PM

2-1 HHB over Teleku's brave elves in a real nailbiter made possible by a host of KOs and blinding sunlight.  whew.  at one point he had three elves left on the field and i decided to score early in the first overtime to give him a fighting chance...and both wardancers woke up and immediately put me back in panic mode.  thankfully his mega catcher failed a leap and knocked himself out in his last drive, or i would've been in trouble.

andy's next, the first time i'll have ever played him.  i better start training  ZombieSigne

Congratulations Drogg!!! Glad to see one of my last season competitors do well.  awesome, for real

Bad luck Teleku (especially to your computer monitor!), there's always next year...  why so serious?
Strazos

Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 01:54:57 PM

Too bad African electricity is currently fouling my ability to play - got the new dsl line installed in the office, but once I moved the transformer and plugged in a power strip, I tripped all major circuits in the house. Turns out that it seems all outlets on the second floor are on the same circuit and ungrounded...so I will have to move my gear Back downstairs before trying to play. :(

Fear the Backstab!
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 10:05:49 AM

Ice, You still out there? Steam says you havent been online for 2 days. I'm around all day/evening today and tomorrow, but then gone 24-31. Lets get it on!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 01:11:16 AM

LLyse I'm home tonight- PM via steam so I can lose to you and go play Eve.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 05:14:41 AM

Alive not Dead | 0 - 1 | F13 Catfighters

Both teams took strategic bonuses- I dropped a lineswomen and Llyse dropped a reroll and bought a assistant coach and cheerleader (who did nothing). The dropped player meant I could get a babe, as did Llyse with our cash. The babe helped me win the match.

The Amazons received the kick off and an early KO and an recovered injury to a Wright. However, Llyse equalled the damage and almost stopped me getting an early TD when he broke me too loose cage on the midway line. It took some fancy footwork to get out of the trap I had placed myself in and get a turn 6 TD. Strangely, Llyse seems to have given up trying for a 2 turn TD with his wolves and just damaged me some more instead. All my KO'ed players work up for the 2nd half thanks to the babe.

The 2nd half had Llyse controlling my game, with 5 KO'ed girls and 2 more badly hurt. However, i was able to trade some space for time, and on turn 14 his sheer mass of players going down the flank got in front of each other. Despite only 3 girls standing in the way of 8 undead, the undead overloaded themselves and their very numbers doomed them. Having sidestep on my defenders helped too. I was able to knock down the ball carrier and send it next to the sideline. A failed pickup inside a tacklezone sent it into the crowd and into the middle of the pitch, where one marked Amazon broke free and picked it up. A failed blitz to knock her down sealed the game 1-0. Only 4 Amazons were left standing at the end.

Llyse gets 2 consolation skill ups, and I get to face an entire team of tackling blocking guarding Dwarves. **** Dwarves.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:40:55 AM by Comstar »

Strazos

Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 09:57:26 AM

Andy, I'll try to look for you late tonight, or some point tomorrow - I'm back online.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 02:21:46 PM

[mrburns] Excellent. <drums fingers> [/mrburns]

Strazos

Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 02:39:08 PM

Too many doubles rolls on level up. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Playoffs (1/8 finals)  
Jump to: