Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:13:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch... 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  (Read 202724 times)
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #770 on: December 29, 2011, 06:30:35 PM

The points aren't meaningless.  You can buy rewards based on your social level.  Now if the rewards are worth it is another debate.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #771 on: December 29, 2011, 06:50:28 PM

Seems like a bitch and a half to multibox a game without /follow, but people are doing it http://www.dual-boxing.com/forumdisplay.php?s=fba5aad623cd352ad4dd7a11bcb060f5&f=50

Tank + heal characters, each with a dps companion, would fare pretty well in the instances I think. 

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #772 on: December 29, 2011, 07:15:03 PM

I'd say it's more like 10 bitches rather than 1.5 to multibox without a working follow system but I do it anyways just cause I'm hardcore yo why so serious?

And just to make it even more challenging I do it all "manually" with two keyboards and no helper programs ACK!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #773 on: December 30, 2011, 06:02:04 AM

You're crazy, Trippy.  I have enough trouble controlling one character.

(Also, can we get the SWTOR moved thread unsticked, please?  I think everyone knows where to look by now.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #774 on: December 30, 2011, 06:46:38 AM

You need to take that APM and multitasking to Korea and start making money as a Starcraft pro, man.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #775 on: December 30, 2011, 07:04:17 AM

There's still gathering nodes i can't collect.

I am the .00000001428%
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #776 on: December 30, 2011, 07:08:13 AM

There's still gathering nodes i can't collect.

Tarsis had about a third of the nodes under the world for me. Had map icon, could see glowy thing, but the node was obviously inside the hill.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #777 on: December 30, 2011, 07:26:35 AM

Oh i can see them, i just can't collect them like before the patch.

I am the .00000001428%
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #778 on: December 30, 2011, 07:48:29 AM

Oh i can see them, i just can't collect them like before the patch.

I've run into a few of these as well, although way less than before the fix. At least they're easier to spot now since they don't have the holographic aurebesh above them.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #779 on: December 30, 2011, 10:40:28 AM

I haven't tried since the patch, but if someone harvests the node, but moves prior to looting, it "locks" it as unharvestable for others.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #780 on: December 31, 2011, 02:50:19 AM

So Paelos is happy in forcing his guild to act as his personal servants when he wants to run dungeons, and Mr Bloodworth thinks sitting in a zone spamming "DPS LFG" is engaging and desirable gameplay. Has anyone got any, you know, compelling defences of the lack of an adequate LFG system?

I've said before, I have no problem with a good flagging system being implemented. I do have a problem with cross-server matching unless you give me the ability to continually group with or hold accountable those on the other end.

Allow cross-server friends and then allow them to group together. Problem solved.
Seriously, when I was running levelling LFD pugs with my Warrior tank, after awhile I learned the "tank arrogance" that you clearly have. If someone's a dickhead, you boot them, or even tell the group "him or me". This was rare, though, and for the most part, people were just generic blobs. Sometimes, I got to group with some really nice and cool people, and the tragedy was that I'd never see them again. OTOH, if not for LFD, I'd never have even met them once.

As for your community multiplayer game rah rah shit, I play MMOs to play with my wife and a couple of RL friends. I have a couple of WoW-friends, but lo and behond, they've left the game. Everyone else can be there or not as far as I care, and due to - yes - my work and such, I don't have the time to play constantly and maintain those social ties that you have. Way back in my EQ days, I'd log on pretty much every single day, and have guildies that you'd go do for or they would do for you. But nowadays, I play sporadically. I play WoW for a few months each year, I play LOTRO (with a lifetime sub - so no financial/resub deterrant) about 2-3 times a month. It seems that you're telling me since I don't have the time/inclination to log on each and every night that I don't deserve to group/these games are not for me. Which is bullshit. If you want to spend every single evening logged into MMOGofChoice, then more power to you, but I'm actually not inclined to put that much time and effort into an MMO community, but I'd still like to play the games.  why so serious?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #781 on: December 31, 2011, 03:25:27 AM

Allow cross-server friends and then allow them to group together.

Only even impacts the problem if you allow sidekicking or similar. It takes shockingly little time for one character to out level another in this game.

But I appreciate this applies regardless of cross-server matchmaking.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:28:53 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #782 on: December 31, 2011, 03:27:07 AM

Also, another thought on this. The two notable single server games I can think of off the top of my head, EVE and ATitD, both manage to have a stronger community than any sharded dikumud I've played.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #783 on: December 31, 2011, 08:18:03 AM

That's because they have small populations.  The smaller the group the more likely they will be tighhter.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #784 on: December 31, 2011, 09:11:53 AM

As for your community multiplayer game rah rah shit

I think that framed the discussion really well. That "rah rah shit" is why I play these games when I don't play single player or small group games.

With non-anonymous LFD, I think there's a natural segregation into the people who feel like that about the games and the people that feel like myself about the games. That's the community we're talking about.=

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #785 on: December 31, 2011, 10:47:40 AM

Alright everybody STFU about LFG/LFD. Thank you for your cooperation.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #786 on: December 31, 2011, 03:25:25 PM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #787 on: December 31, 2011, 03:36:23 PM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #788 on: December 31, 2011, 04:26:45 PM

No, seriously ?

That's fucking stupid.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #789 on: December 31, 2011, 04:31:47 PM

So they can't provide customer service due to the high demands of providing customer service?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #790 on: December 31, 2011, 04:59:25 PM

Alright everybody STFU about LFG/LFD. Thank you for your cooperation.

Yep, I was replying as I was reading. Hadn't got to the STFU bit yet.

Though the lack of /follow seems a bit bizarre. My wife and friends use it all the time when travelling in other games. I reckon this might be a good game to jump into in 6-12 months when they have added some CS/UI/Free Trials. Reading the forums here though provides some good insight into the game. It appears that Tanks are the in-demand class over healers at this stage?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #791 on: December 31, 2011, 05:05:18 PM

It appears that Tanks are the in-demand class over healers at this stage?

On the server I was on it was the opposite, tanks were pretty easy, healers were really, really rare.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #792 on: December 31, 2011, 05:09:19 PM

Seems to be pretty even -- saw people asking for a healer, and ones who were looking for a tank as well.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #793 on: December 31, 2011, 05:19:43 PM

I don't particularly like BH healing. I have two main heals, one of which is on a timer.  I have Kolto Missile, which is a target aoe, hard for me to do in combat and the Kolto Shell which is pretty decent.

Still working toward the top talent insta-heal in the Bodyguard line.  I've been a BG all this time.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #794 on: January 01, 2012, 02:08:39 AM

The instant heal is nice, but 21 seconds is a long, long time for the cooldown.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #795 on: January 01, 2012, 02:39:53 AM

IA healing becomes almost cake-like once you get Kolto Probe.  With a HoT stacked on every party member, you're constantly generating Tac. Advs. for insta-heal, no energy cist action  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #796 on: January 01, 2012, 02:52:44 AM

That's because they have small populations.  The smaller the group the more likely they will be tighhter.

Not nearly as small as a single eq clone server.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #797 on: January 01, 2012, 04:57:57 AM

Not sure if this stuff is true, but here's some weird ass warnings/bans allegedly handed by Bioware.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/01/swtor-ban-for-high-level-looting-unlikely/

I like this one:

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #798 on: January 01, 2012, 05:37:22 AM

"I was banned for saying the F word twice in private tells! Oh yeah, I also spammed it for six hours in global too..."

Best part is the fanboy accepting that someone was being warned for private tells and setting him right that it's bioware's game.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #799 on: January 01, 2012, 05:38:00 AM

I love the fact he's Irish, not stereotypical of us at all!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'd be surprised if it's real though but I might find out shortly since I told my mate to fuck off in a tell yesterday. If I get any warning from BW I'll let you know!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #800 on: January 01, 2012, 05:40:49 AM

I like this one:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1J98e.jpg[/img

Whispers and stuff are logged.  If he says he can remember three of the four, then it's the forth dude that ratted him out and caused the investigation.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #801 on: January 01, 2012, 06:52:58 AM

I've heard from the Rednames and others and been around CS staff for Banks and retailers enough to know that people:
1) Underestimate by a very large margin how much swearing they actually do.
2) Lie like a fucking rug when caught doing something against policies.

I'm disinclined to believe he cursed in public only once. Time and again we've seen similar claims and when the company /does/ reveal the details the person in question was lying out their ass about the situation.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #802 on: January 01, 2012, 07:37:34 AM

It appears that Tanks are the in-demand class over healers at this stage?
On the server I was on it was the opposite, tanks were pretty easy, healers were really, really rare.
Same here. In the few FPs I was able to get a PUG together, we ran with two tanks because there are just too many of them. Finding a healer was always the hardest part... I wish I could press a button and respec into healing commando on my tanking vanguard, but alas.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #803 on: January 01, 2012, 07:47:43 AM

Though the lack of /follow seems a bit bizarre.

There is a follow. But its a bit buggy. Right click someones portrait.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:49:27 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #804 on: January 01, 2012, 09:42:36 AM

There's also a follow keybind you can press.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  
Jump to: