Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:26:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch... 0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  (Read 202749 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #735 on: December 28, 2011, 11:23:54 AM

Single server solution that takes your ignore list into account would be cool. Not sure how much I'd use it, but don't see the harm there.

Hell, they could add a post-mortem 'add to ignore' the way they have an 'add to friends'.  this guy looks legit
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: December 28, 2011, 11:48:11 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #737 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:12 AM

Alright everybody STFU about LFG/LFD. Thank you for your cooperation.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #738 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:57 AM

Alright everybody STFU about LFG/LFD. Thank you for your cooperation.

Should we make a separate thread?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #739 on: December 28, 2011, 12:01:15 PM

Don't you think the dead horse has been atomized yet?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #740 on: December 28, 2011, 12:03:16 PM

Probably, but you know it's going to come up again.

I'm just trying to head off your frustration at the pass, when we yet again derail the launch thread.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #741 on: December 28, 2011, 12:08:26 PM

Maybe they can add LFD to slicing.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: December 28, 2011, 12:30:48 PM

Maybe they can add LFD to slicing.

Rimshot why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: December 28, 2011, 04:30:15 PM

The UI team is going to work on improving the existing UI first before we look at modding it. Modding may happen, but we have no ETA on 'when' that we can share right now.
Hope everyone likes the current LFG/AH/action bars/raid UI/absence of threat meters/absence of combat log/etc.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: December 28, 2011, 05:24:03 PM

The UI team is going to work on improving the existing UI first before we look at modding it. Modding may happen, but we have no ETA on 'when' that we can share right now.
Hope everyone likes the current LFG/AH/action bars/raid UI/absence of threat meters/absence of combat log/etc.

It's like Smedley and Ghostcrawler had a baby that fell on its head on the way out.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:29:42 PM by El Gallo »

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: December 28, 2011, 05:29:15 PM

For those not aware, the original quote was from Stephen Reid, doing a Q&A session on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/nty9d/im_stephen_reid_senior_community_manager_for_star/c3bxds9

TL:DR: We know or were working on it. Not one concrete answer about anything.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: December 28, 2011, 05:52:05 PM

Wow. He didn't answer one single non-fluff question. Not a single one. What a waste of time for everyone involved.

You'd think they would give him something to announce so it doesn't look like he's blatantly evading every question. But no.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: December 28, 2011, 06:23:08 PM

The real problem with lfg in swtor is that this is the first ever star wars mmog lfg tool in which I am unable to record my star sign, or my interest in classical guitar music.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #748 on: December 28, 2011, 06:32:54 PM

Or blood type. That shit is key. I just can't be burdened supporting someone who is O-. Heaven forbid that I'm grouping with someone who is MN, LM, or LN. That shit gets real.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #749 on: December 28, 2011, 06:38:15 PM

Got a PUG to Cademumu within 5 minutes.  One guy dropped and we finished the instance with a dps companion.  Sorry, right now I don't see a big problem without the LFG tool. 

Really enjoying the crafting, probably the best part of the game to me.  It's slowing my leveling because I'm crafting and hanging around the station selling.

Also, the patch seems to have fixed my "Error 9000" CTD.  Played two nights now with no problems.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Still in love with the game, but they need more social options in flashpoints. 
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #750 on: December 28, 2011, 10:04:39 PM

Still in love with the game, but they need more social options in flashpoints. 
Yeah, the latter ones are pretty bad. Did the Hammer Station, Athiss and Four Horsemen with one character and got 37 points total to show for it. In contrast the first FP is roughly 150 points a run. Considering the social rank requirements go up rather than down as you move in levels (10 points for 1st, i think 750 or so for 2nd? And gods know how much for the next) ... that's a quite ridiculous drop.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #751 on: December 28, 2011, 10:32:45 PM

err what are social pts?  I thought they were only for cosmetic/rp things (from looking at a starting vendor).
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #752 on: December 29, 2011, 12:06:24 AM

Social vendors on other planets give other stuff.  The one on tatooine sells what I THINK is a level 25 speeder that actually has a seat, for instance, but requires social level 3.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #753 on: December 29, 2011, 12:24:47 AM

Do you get social points simply by grouping and that's it?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #754 on: December 29, 2011, 12:59:28 AM

They come from making dialog choices while in a group, from what I can tell.

Over and out.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #755 on: December 29, 2011, 01:04:36 AM

By making dialogue rolls.  I think you get 4 points per other group member (4,8,12) if you win the roll, and 2 points per other group member (2,4,6) if you lose the roll, but I'm not completely sure on that.

As far as I can tell, there's only two ways to gain lots of social points: Always group with someone for all quests so that every conversation has rolls, or do something repeatable, with a group, that has lots of conversations, a LOT.  The former is hard unless you're playing exclusively with one person, the latter as far as I can tell consists of running the black talon several hundred times, because none of the other flashpoints that I've played so far have very many conversations.

Thus far, social points seem to me to be the worst of all the systems they've implemented in this game.  Oh, and the speeder I mentioned requires social 5, not 3.  3 is for sand people robes.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #756 on: December 29, 2011, 01:31:16 AM

I now have 3 full bars of needed abilities. This is ridiculous. And Social Points seem to be as implemented as the Legacy Bar levels.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: December 29, 2011, 01:47:28 AM

Social points are important for light armour users as they are only source of clothing that does not look awful.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: December 29, 2011, 03:27:41 AM

It's important to note that you get social points for grouping even outside of flashpoints.  So if you had a regular teammate, you'd get social points for every quest.  THAT'S how you raise it.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #759 on: December 29, 2011, 04:34:44 AM

Supposedly the level-cap flashpoints have more RP stuff in them than the bog-standard flashpoints with like one unvoiced moral choice preceding them. Still kind of a bummer they didn't flesh them out more.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: December 29, 2011, 05:52:59 AM

I now have 3 full bars of needed abilities. This is ridiculous.

Yeah, only 3 full bars is a little low, but they have to leave room for expansions.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #761 on: December 29, 2011, 06:17:07 AM

It's important to note that you get social points for grouping even outside of flashpoints.  So if you had a regular teammate, you'd get social points for every quest.  THAT'S how you raise it.

Correct. I'm almost Social 3 at level 27 because I've duoed with a buddy of mine from lvl 10.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #762 on: December 29, 2011, 07:13:27 AM

I been farming Esseles for dark side points. 250 a run. Very surprised you could do that...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #763 on: December 29, 2011, 07:21:30 AM

I been farming Esseles for dark side points. 250 a run. Very surprised you could do that...

Seems like something that will be changed.  In the mean time...logging in to try it right now.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does this work for crew affection too if you have your first crew member with you? *edit* Yes
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:08:13 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #764 on: December 29, 2011, 07:44:55 AM

So, any other Jedi Consulars - (spoilered for slight storyline spoilers at around level 30)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:13:23 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #765 on: December 29, 2011, 10:16:07 AM

The problem with that is that if your quests aren't exactly in sync, you don't get to participate in the same conversations and therefore don't get social points.  Also, the only conversations in most quests are at the acquisition and turnin stages, which means looking for someone to group with in General, the other person will almost always already have picked up the mission and therefore already have had the conversation.  And most groups break up before turning in all the missions - a lot of people prefer to avoid turning in missions together so that someone else's choices don't screw up their dialogue, because they actually want to make their own choices. 

So forget about getting social points by randomly grouping, most of the time - you have got to have an actual partner that you play with almost constantly in order for normal quests to be a good source of social points.

Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: December 29, 2011, 11:38:02 AM

For those not aware, the original quote was from Stephen Reid, doing a Q&A session on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/nty9d/im_stephen_reid_senior_community_manager_for_star/c3bxds9

TL:DR: We know or were working on it. Not one concrete answer about anything.
A fun thought exercise is to take that chat, and mentally substitute "Ghostcrawler" or "John Smedley" for "Rockjaw" then predict what people's reactions would have been if it had been a WoW or EQ/EQ2/PS/DCO/etc. chat instead of a Star Wars one.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #767 on: December 29, 2011, 11:49:09 AM

So multi box FTW?  yeesh, that wasn't predictable.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #768 on: December 29, 2011, 01:23:13 PM

I would so love to multibox this game  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: December 29, 2011, 01:26:22 PM

So multi box FTW?  yeesh, that wasn't predictable.

Only if you count completely meaningless points "the win".

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  
Jump to: