Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:27:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch... 0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  (Read 202751 times)
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: December 16, 2011, 12:22:00 PM

Game client runs way better but it's still buggy as hell. Every alt tab messes up the screen resolution so my windows bar is half way up the screen. Few crashes so far, its a step up from beta but not much.

I had those issues in Beta, but not so far in release. I completely uninstalled the game last week (even though I'd played on the turkey day weekend and didn't need to), and downloaded the new bits. Can't say that would fix things for you, too, but if you didn't start with a fresh install it could explain some of the wonkiness.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: December 16, 2011, 01:05:59 PM

I had those issues in Beta, but not so far in release. I completely uninstalled the game last week (even though I'd played on the turkey day weekend and didn't need to), and downloaded the new bits. Can't say that would fix things for you, too, but if you didn't start with a fresh install it could explain some of the wonkiness.

It's a fresh install and latest video card drivers.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #142 on: December 16, 2011, 01:16:35 PM

I was having the issues with tabbing out changing my UI location. I had to change the game client to run in the same resoultion as windows and it fixed that.
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: December 16, 2011, 04:01:08 PM

So far no real issues. Client downloaded quick and installed to my D: drive easily.
Game is running so/so with only sporadic lag but when it does hit the lag hits baaaaaaad.

Havent encountered a single cue or problem getting into game.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: December 16, 2011, 04:31:21 PM

Yeah even at only level 20 my BH has maybe 8 core rotational abilities and a couple cooldowns. I can only imagine it'll get worse, particularly with no macros.

Sounds horrific, 8 isn't nearly enough.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: December 16, 2011, 04:32:24 PM

Of all the little issues, my biggest launch complaint is that they left the pre-order color crystal as that terrible yellow/black thing.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: December 16, 2011, 05:13:45 PM

1hr 20min in the queue and still 353 away (800 when I joined), the estimators are not a real world indicator.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: December 16, 2011, 06:02:44 PM

700ish in queue, time to find out what my computer thinks of playing Skyrim while SWTOR is launched.  ACK!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: December 16, 2011, 06:04:42 PM

Finally got in, 2h20min in queue  swamp poop
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: December 16, 2011, 06:09:01 PM

Is that for the BC server? I haven't hit a queue yet for my selected-at-random PVP server (Valker Highway or somesuch).

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: December 16, 2011, 06:22:30 PM

Is that for the BC server? I haven't hit a queue yet for my selected-at-random PVP server (Valker Highway or somesuch).

Nope, The Fatman server assigned by the bioware for a friends guild
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: December 16, 2011, 06:28:46 PM

Well, the beta stress weekend was pretty much a silky smooth experience. Tonight, however, is much more what I'd expect. Horrible lag-spikes, a ping of 55k ms before being forced out and now after restarting the game, I'm stuck on the loading screen before the server/char choices and have been for 5 minutes. The 20th is going to be interesting!

Oh, and the game still can't work out how to shut itself down half the time.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: December 16, 2011, 06:30:32 PM

Nope, The Fatman server assigned by the bioware for a friends guild
Ahh, I think I have some coworkers on that server. Fortunately for me I have no desire to deal with people from work in my MMOs so I rolled elsewhere.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: December 16, 2011, 06:38:26 PM

Well, the beta stress weekend was pretty much a silky smooth experience. Tonight, however, is much more what I'd expect. Horrible lag-spikes, a ping of 55k ms before being forced out and now after restarting the game, I'm stuck on the loading screen before the server/char choices and have been for 5 minutes. The 20th is going to be interesting!

Are you sure your connection problem isn't local?  I'm not having any trouble at all tonight.

Over and out.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: December 16, 2011, 08:47:37 PM

SCREW THIS FUCKING LAUNCHER!!  I've never had login problems in any MMO I've ever played, until this steaming pile of voodoo shit.

I finally got the launcher to get me to the login screen- to do that, I only have to delete launcher.exe from the original download, take another copy of launcher.exe from a USB (taken from a computer that successfully downloaded and patched SWTOR) and save it to my computer, THEN save a second copy of the identical file from the USB drive (named "launcher1") then try to use launcher1, it tells me to rename, I do, and then the FIRST TIME ONLY after I rename when I click on the launcher it gets me to the login screen (if I want to go there again, I have to uninstall everything and redo everything above).  Really, it doesn't work if I don't do each and every step above- even fucking naming the first USB file launcher1 manually and then renaming it later doesn't work.

After I got to THAT point, the launcher now tells me "unable to receive patch data- check your internet connection."  I think I'll shoot myself instead, or sacrifice a fucking goat on my computer, or something. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: December 16, 2011, 09:59:44 PM

Considering how long you have been around f13, I'd think you would at least have understanding what usually going on around release (or pre-release if you want to be technical) time of any mmorpg.

If things like that enrage you, I suggest you re-visit TOR not sooner than in 2 months, maybe 3.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #156 on: December 16, 2011, 10:46:17 PM

SCREW THIS FUCKING LAUNCHER!!  I've never had login problems in any MMO I've ever played, until this steaming pile of voodoo shit.

I finally got the launcher to get me to the login screen- to do that, I only have to delete launcher.exe from the original download, take another copy of launcher.exe from a USB (taken from a computer that successfully downloaded and patched SWTOR) and save it to my computer, THEN save a second copy of the identical file from the USB drive (named "launcher1") then try to use launcher1, it tells me to rename, I do, and then the FIRST TIME ONLY after I rename when I click on the launcher it gets me to the login screen (if I want to go there again, I have to uninstall everything and redo everything above).  Really, it doesn't work if I don't do each and every step above- even fucking naming the first USB file launcher1 manually and then renaming it later doesn't work.

After I got to THAT point, the launcher now tells me "unable to receive patch data- check your internet connection."  I think I'll shoot myself instead, or sacrifice a fucking goat on my computer, or something. 

Have you checked their forums, specifically support forums?  This kind of sounds like something on your end.

-Rasix
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: December 16, 2011, 11:21:39 PM

Didn't you say you were running a Japanese OS?  How is that at running non-Japanese software?

Over and out.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: December 16, 2011, 11:33:46 PM

I'd scandisk to check the hard drive for errors, then reinstall (or copy) the whole client, not just launcher.exe.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: December 17, 2011, 06:36:54 AM

Something is up with Taris. I've been experiencing huge fps drops and intermittent freezes today, especially when opening the map - but only on Taris, and only after having spent a few hours there and having done a lot of the quests. There are reports on the forums of people getting perma-stuck on the planet and crashing upon login, even. I'm not there... yet.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:41:46 AM by Zetor »

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: December 17, 2011, 09:22:49 AM

Is anyone else having issues with windowed full screen? I can't tab out of the game. Wondering if it's something on my end or it's an issue everyone has.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: December 17, 2011, 09:26:58 AM

Didn't you say you were running a Japanese OS?  How is that at running non-Japanese software?

My wife's ancient Japanese laptop (while it couldn't run SWTOR in the end, given it lacks enough cores) could activate the launcher and patch fine.

5 hours tinkering last night, time to start again...

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: December 17, 2011, 09:43:47 AM

Is anyone else having issues with windowed full screen? I can't tab out of the game. Wondering if it's something on my end or it's an issue everyone has.

I noticed that myself. It's behaving like regular full screen when I tab out.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: December 17, 2011, 10:33:33 AM

I noticed that myself. It's behaving like regular full screen when I tab out.

Not I. Only LOTRO does that to me. I'm running Win7, no other apps running when Alt+Tabbing out.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: December 17, 2011, 10:34:50 AM

Something is up with Taris. I've been experiencing huge fps drops and intermittent freezes today, especially when opening the map - but only on Taris, and only after having spent a few hours there and having done a lot of the quests. There are reports on the forums of people getting perma-stuck on the planet and crashing upon login, even. I'm not there... yet.  awesome, for real

I think I spotted something on a Dev tracker post responding to people getting stuck on Taris, or crashing out/memory leak.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: December 17, 2011, 10:36:30 AM

For the windowed(fullscreen) issue, change it to actual windowed mode, apply, and switch back.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: December 17, 2011, 11:33:57 AM

The iPhone security app is available now, btw.

- Viin
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: December 17, 2011, 01:17:01 PM

Queues are absolutely horrible, over two hours tonight. I was able to play two LoL games while waiting for access.
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: December 17, 2011, 01:32:22 PM

^That is pissing me off. I try to shut the game down and I end up with a black screen and the SWTOR mouse pointer.
I have to manually alt-tab out of the black screen to my desktop and then use task manager to close SWTOR.
WTF!?!

Oh and while running my first Ellessee (spelling?) instance today I lagged so bad at the closing that I had to restart the client while someone held the instance open so I could run back in and finish the quest. I lagged in the cut scene at the end and it broke the client. Couldnt get out of the cut scene.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: December 17, 2011, 01:41:36 PM

I had trouble shutting down in beta but I haven't run into that problem once since the game went live.

Over and out.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: December 17, 2011, 04:36:21 PM

PvP instances seem to lag pretty badly, at least for me. Skills activate 0,5-2 seconds after I press the corresponding button.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: December 17, 2011, 06:15:13 PM

PvP instances seem to lag pretty badly, at least for me. Skills activate 0,5-2 seconds after I press the corresponding button.

When I lag its like hitting a brick fucking wall. Nothing works. Whats really weird is even the music slows down, which you would think would be all client side controlled and impervious to lag going on between the client and server.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: December 17, 2011, 09:02:33 PM

The client doesn't handle desyncs very well.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #173 on: December 17, 2011, 09:14:15 PM

I would describe the number of issues I've encountered as shockingly few. The most annoying one is the guild roster does not update/display right so if I want to accurately see who is logged in I have to relog.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: December 17, 2011, 09:27:08 PM

I would describe the number of issues I've encountered as shockingly few. The most annoying one is the guild roster does not update/display right so if I want to accurately see who is logged in I have to relog.
Use crtl-u to turn the ui off and on, it's faster than reloading.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  
Jump to: