Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453743 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1260 on: May 22, 2019, 04:47:35 PM

This might bring me back. It'll come down to how new the skills are.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1261 on: May 23, 2019, 10:50:19 AM

Betrayal was awful; gating so many crafting recipes behind Betrayal was even worse. I don't really care about the top-tier endgame ones, but just being able to craft a moderate tier of resists onto gear was nice with the old master system.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #1262 on: May 23, 2019, 01:03:58 PM

Betrayal was awful; gating so many crafting recipes behind Betrayal was even worse. I don't really care about the top-tier endgame ones, but just being able to craft a moderate tier of resists onto gear was nice with the old master system.

Except the only resistance recipes that are locked behind unveiling are the elemental+chaos resist recipes. All of the flat resists are unlocked pretty trivially just by doing the plot.

https://poedb.tw/us/CraftingBenchOptions#RecipeUnlock

Generally speaking, stuff that requires unveiling to unlock is either niche, or powerful enough that it's worth the effort (like the spell damage + non-chaos to chaos recipes).
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1263 on: May 23, 2019, 01:48:48 PM

Is that a change from the Betrayal league? Seemed like most stuff was gated behind unveiling then. I admittedly didn't play much of Synthesis.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #1264 on: May 23, 2019, 02:24:18 PM

To the best of my knowledge, they didn't make any changes to how recipes are acquired between Betrayal and Synthesis (and I played both fairly extensively). Certainly nothing that I saw when I looked through the patch notes. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Version_3.6.0 It's just some small cost tweaks and the incredibly nice addition of letting you search for recipes on your crafting bench whether you have them or not.

Broadly speaking, the most common and mandatory crafts are locked behind just picking up the recipe in the wild, with the high tiers for some good ones appearing in maps (usually hard to miss these. They stick them in obvious places). Delving is where the socket related recipes are located. Pale court prophecy chains have meta-modding recipes. Specific incursion level 3 rooms have some of the highest tier versions of common stuff, and then all the weirder stuff they stick behind unveiling. There's definitely nice stuff to get in that system, but none of it is mandatory.

People like to bitch about one shot gibs from Betrayal ambush mechanics, which is fair (though largely avoidable once you learn them), but I thought they did a great job with the crafting revamp. As a SSF player, it's a nice form of progression. Plus, lots of the old crafting missions sucked soooooo muuuuuccccchhhh worse than unveiling does. I'm looking at you, Vorici.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1265 on: June 03, 2019, 11:23:09 PM

I have discovered the least fun thing in PoE: consolidating stash tabs. I'm glad I only did one of the special events.  ACK!

-Rasix
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #1266 on: June 04, 2019, 01:35:01 AM

I have discovered the least fun thing in PoE: consolidating stash tabs. I'm glad I only did one of the special events.  ACK!

And this is probably the main reason I just never bother with standard. I think I've got around 50 stash tabs there.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1267 on: June 04, 2019, 05:42:31 AM

I think I logged in Standard once and it may have been by accident.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1268 on: June 08, 2019, 06:35:55 AM

The new league mechanic in legion is the best in a long while (though I have a soft spot for delve). PoE will keep me busy until Shadowbringers in FF14 comes out at the end of the month.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1269 on: June 10, 2019, 05:23:45 AM

I played maybe 4-5 days last league and quit before I started mapping. I did not like the trend of whole new game side objectives. Syndicate/Delve/Synthesis were all a bit much then you tossed in new masters and Temples etc. It just got annoying.

The new Legion mechanic has me looking forward to each new pillar or whatever they're called.
Rasix

Reply #1270 on: June 10, 2019, 07:09:07 AM

It all feels great. I had only tried melee in the past, but this actually works. I seem to have picked the skill du jour in bladestorm, but other stuff I tried felt fine as well (lacerate, perforate). I am kind of free-wheeling it with my spec as there aren't many solid or very specific builds out there, but it's working and it's keeping up quite well.

The legion mechanic is fun, but my build isn't quite there yet to do it very effectively.

I'll toss leveling stuff in the guild bank if anyone is interested. Guild seems a bit dead, though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:11:51 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1271 on: June 10, 2019, 08:07:54 AM

I've been on here or there. But with the kids running around and not sleeping, my time is limited.

I'm running a Leap Slam / Tec Slam build and I'm kind of building as I go. Every new league I build something organically as I level and see what happens after 80 levels.

Only in Act 6 right now so my links are shitty.

Here's my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/eAbVcK8A

Tec slam with Multi/Ruthless/elemental damage
Leap Slam with Pulverize, Endurance Charge on Stun and Faster Attacks.

2H weapons.

Leap, tecslam, Leap, tecslam repeat. Seems fun, not sure how viable it will be. Not sure how Berserker will work out with Rage either. I'll have to get my 2nd lab done to test it out.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1272 on: June 10, 2019, 09:28:09 AM

I'm a little confused by the league mechanic, mostly in that I'm not sure what I should be hitting.  Chests?  Guys with markers?  Everything in range?

I did hit a couple chests on the last one I saw (there are chests?!) and got a couple of low level gold rings.  So that's probably what I should be doing?
Rasix

Reply #1273 on: June 10, 2019, 11:03:55 AM

Chests, dude with weird symbols over their heads, etc? I'm just kind of winging it. At around level 50, incubators started dropping as well. I'm level 57, and maybe have a handful of shards per faction. Certain builds are just not that great at it early on.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1274 on: June 10, 2019, 11:05:13 AM

After the last two leagues were kind of annoying, I was avoiding this from the jump. Glad to hear it's not shit; if I can pry myself away from CoH and FFXIV I'll try to hop on and give it a whirl.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1275 on: June 10, 2019, 12:58:01 PM

I started a shadow (because uh cool shadow?) and started with the melee attack that poisons.

I quickly transitioned to the one that throws like 9 blades.  And put a support gem on it that adds poison.  I think it's Ethereal Knives?  Maybe?  Although looking in the wiki it's not clear if the poison support gem works on it.  Although I'm positive I've seen the poison effect on mobs hit by it.  I'm also throwing down Contagion fields (?) to slow mobs down so I can chuck knives at them until they die.  It seems to work?
Rasix

Reply #1276 on: June 11, 2019, 09:43:14 AM

I started a shadow (because uh cool shadow?) and started with the melee attack that poisons.

I quickly transitioned to the one that throws like 9 blades.  And put a support gem on it that adds poison.  I think it's Ethereal Knives?  Maybe?  Although looking in the wiki it's not clear if the poison support gem works on it.  Although I'm positive I've seen the poison effect on mobs hit by it.  I'm also throwing down Contagion fields (?) to slow mobs down so I can chuck knives at them until they die.  It seems to work?

Oddly enough, shadow is mostly played as spell caster, but ethereal knives builds are considered pretty decent. I think you can get a threshold jewel that improves it and makes you toss them in a ring around you. You could always just add cold damage via a weapon/ring/herald or support gem and that would slow as well. Or just put temporal chains + blasphemy support together to get a nice slow aura.

Here's a popular streamer/content creators video for an ethereal knives trickster. There's links to path of building pastebin and passive tree. Don't need to follow them exactly, but it might help you get a handle on the different support gem options, etc.

I was dumb yesterday and bought a 5 link chest plate for 20c when I could have just gotten a tabula rasa for 12-13. Of course, this one does have some decent resists and life added. And then... an exalt dropped (thank you, mr prophecy), so I should be able to decently gear this guy for mapping. Finally use to moving around with leap slam. Build still has major mana problems (as in I have none).

I like this build a lot, but I still want to twink out a marauder for an eventual tectonic slam chieftan.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #1277 on: June 21, 2019, 11:19:15 PM

Put a Tabula Rasa in the guild bank if anyone was looking to give this league a try. Third one that dropped for me so far.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1278 on: June 22, 2019, 01:31:17 PM

I'm about to go to Paris for a week but I'm level 75 I think and I'm still using a 4 link.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1279 on: June 22, 2019, 07:50:42 PM

Right now my Shadow is running Contagion + Essence Drain and everything dies except the things you wouldn't expect to instantly die.

So I was curious how good that is.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2526526

Oh.  Very good, as it turns out.  Well then.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1280 on: June 22, 2019, 11:41:58 PM

I of course, went fpr a shadow frost blades build and while it's lots of fun, wish I'd tried ED/C. I might have to make a second shadow although I was hoping to build a ranger.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Rasix

Reply #1281 on: June 23, 2019, 01:02:44 PM

Right now my Shadow is running Contagion + Essence Drain and everything dies except the things you wouldn't expect to instantly die.

So I was curious how good that is.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2526526

Oh.  Very good, as it turns out.  Well then.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds

2nd most popular ascendancy, 2 most popular overall skill.  Makes my bladestorm gladiator seem like a hipster build in comparison.

-Rasix
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1282 on: June 23, 2019, 05:00:47 PM

I swear I stumbled on it myself!

Contagion was doing well for me, then I saw Essence Drain would be spread by Contagion and I went "Oh I like the sound of that".

Of course since I was not following a build my spec is total garbage and I should reroll...
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1283 on: June 23, 2019, 11:46:04 PM

That build has been strong for awhile. It's fun if you enjoy the skill interaction.
Rasix

Reply #1284 on: July 02, 2019, 10:59:51 AM

Tried my first shaper kill and kind of fucked that up. One mistake in any instance, and I was straight dead. Shelved the dude for now (lvl 91).  Also didn't help that I tried to corrupt my 20/20 brutality support and it dropped a level. I also have a +maim bp that simply won't 6 link after around 500-600 + fusings. So I paid 2ex for a paper weight. To top it off, I tried to double corrupt my best gloves, and they poofed. That was amusing.

Lightning trap was boring. So I didn't go far with that guy.

Made a chieftan that got to lvl 82, but the build really wasn't coming together too well. I tried this cast-on-crit cyclone/wave of conviction/purifying flame build that I just cribbed together from poe.ninja builds  awesome, for real I haven't been able to find an actual build guide for it, so I may be doing something completely wrong. Also the monolith clear on it is garbage.

Currently trying something that will actual do the content decently. Shock nova/vaal ice nova inquistor (eventually). It feels nice again to hit less buttons and just watch shit explode.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1285 on: July 02, 2019, 04:30:55 PM

I've been working on a Frost Blades Assassin and it's pretty fun. I'm only in act 6 so who knows how good it will be at endgame, but for now it melts things.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1286 on: July 03, 2019, 12:23:05 AM

I've been working on a Frost Blades Assassin and it's pretty fun. I'm only in act 6 so who knows how good it will be at endgame, but for now it melts things.

I'm at 85 and it chews through T6 maps https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Setanta

I have some good 3 link claws you are welcome to :)

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1287 on: July 03, 2019, 05:17:50 AM

Awesome, drop them in the guild bank, thanks.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1288 on: July 03, 2019, 01:48:17 PM

I'm not in the guild but if someone can invite me in I'm happy to do so :)

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1289 on: July 04, 2019, 08:12:29 AM

Sure, what's your IGN?

Edit: We're already friends, just need to be on at the same time for me to guild invite you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 08:17:00 AM by Rendakor »

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1290 on: July 04, 2019, 01:47:50 PM

Cool - I start a 2 week vacation tomorrow so there's a chance we might be on in the same TZ at some point - I'm running on Aussie EST.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1291 on: July 08, 2019, 07:03:51 AM

This is my home baked build, having a lot of fun with it. Just hitting T7 maps with it.

https://pastebin.com/MieJGxEb

Not optimized currently. Few regrets I need to use I think. Also my gear sucks except for the weapons I bought.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 07:06:04 AM by Draegan »
Rasix

Reply #1292 on: July 09, 2019, 03:12:44 PM

What build is it? I can't access PoB at work.  awesome, for real

My shock nova inquisitor is up to being able to complete tier 16, albeit eating dirt one or two times in the process. The dps is nutty, but there is a general lack of defensive layers that makes me get slapped down. I could possibly go into phase acrobatics to help, but I'd be squeezing out a lot of deeps. I don't think this guy can kill shaper, somewhat like my gladiator wasn't. Great build for farming though.

Feel like I'm almost capped on my offense on the moment until I can pony up for an expensive staff. That's going to run anywhere from 6ex to 18ex.  ACK! I'm not great at farming, and I'm not sure I want to put up with assholes doing bulk trades.

Already gone through the story line 3.5 times, not sure I have it in me for another run. Something frostblades, something really fucking tanky,  or comically tossing out shitloads of raging spirits seems to be what I'm leaning towards.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1293 on: July 10, 2019, 06:55:36 AM

Berserker Tectonic Slam with maces for stun.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1294 on: July 10, 2019, 05:36:47 PM

I just cracked the shits with the XP loss death penalty. All of a sudden the game stopped being fun and  I went back to Warframe instead, because if I'm going to grind, I'm going to have fun as I do it.

I'm tempted to go back to Diablo 3 for a bit, I dug out a non-season D3 character and remembered how much more fun Rifts are compared to PoE's mapping.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: