Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:16:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 457091 times)
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #630 on: February 19, 2014, 12:03:57 PM

Which is kind of crazy, as a number of builds really require that the desync issue be corrected for them to not run the risk of death every time desync occurs.

I'm finally starting to get comfortable with that ridiculously large node thing.   Ohhhhh, I see.  Even so, I have yet to unlock the Scion.  I keep trying builds to see if I can find something that is genuinely fun.

Maybe Lightning Arrow Ranger will finally get me there.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #631 on: February 20, 2014, 12:39:07 PM

The reason I have unlocked the Scion is that I completed the game before Dominus was added.  Currently I get lagged out on the way up the tower a bit too much.  I almost beat that guy a couple weeks ago, though, so I might try again eventually.  Once I don't have to /oos while climbing the tower.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #632 on: February 20, 2014, 04:07:10 PM

I'm not sure how far into Act 3 I've gotten.  I have a marauder who's bumbling around in some sewers, but I can't seem to  find my way out of them before I stop playing for the night.
 awesome, for real Ohhhhh, I see.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #633 on: February 20, 2014, 04:22:47 PM

This is getting a new patch in the next few weeks, including a few new leagues. All they've posted so far are a few teaser screenshots, including one showing off a socketed Ring.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #634 on: February 20, 2014, 04:33:37 PM

That's a fair point, I should probably push through to unlock the Scion before they add another Act.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #635 on: February 20, 2014, 05:31:31 PM

I've been playing this a lot lately.  If anyone needs help killing Dominus or whatever just PM a good time and I'll help.

most often known as Drevik
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #636 on: February 20, 2014, 06:50:49 PM

Managed to graveyard zerg Dom to death on Merciless with my ST Scion; Cast on Death + Portal was instrumental. His first phase was much more difficult than his second; two Staunching flasks let me face-tank phase 2 easily.

Now it's on to maps, I guess...and I have no idea how they work. I got a rare one as a quest reward for killing Dom and I've found a few whites. I'm not sure if I should go into a white or just jump into the rare.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #637 on: February 20, 2014, 07:50:25 PM

Managed to graveyard zerg Dom to death on Merciless with my ST Scion; Cast on Death + Portal was instrumental. His first phase was much more difficult than his second; two Staunching flasks let me face-tank phase 2 easily.

Now it's on to maps, I guess...and I have no idea how they work. I got a rare one as a quest reward for killing Dom and I've found a few whites. I'm not sure if I should go into a white or just jump into the rare.

Start with a level 66 Map and hit it with a Transmutation.  Use Alts and Augs until you get two mods you think your build can handle.  The harder mods give a higher bonus to item quantity.  Generally speaking the lower level maps aren't very difficult, but there are a few bosses that will just wreck some builds.  For example the Orchard Map has Tunneltrap at the end, a unique Devourer with a fireball attack that will one shot most people.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #638 on: February 25, 2014, 01:02:41 PM

Might want to act fast since they will be removing the Item Quantity mod in the next update.  I assume that means for maps as well as items, but I might be wrong.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #639 on: February 26, 2014, 05:20:42 AM

Might want to act fast since they will be removing the Item Quantity mod in the next update.  I assume that means for maps as well as items, but I might be wrong.

Item Quantity is staying for Maps.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #640 on: February 26, 2014, 05:24:37 AM

They're also taking out the Item Quantity skill gem too, right? Glad I held on to a bunch of those.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #641 on: February 27, 2014, 08:25:51 AM

Pretty sure...?  Maps are one thing but equipment is another.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #642 on: February 28, 2014, 01:33:50 PM

Awww yissss!

Trailer for the new content:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlFSDxDJiPo

Taken from this preview:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/747/feature/8268/Sacrifice-of-the-Vaal-Expansion-Preview.html/page/1

After we'd discussed the new features, the guys took me on a two-person jaunt through the Mayan-ish dungeon (working title “Apex of Sacrifice) at the center of which lurks the terrifying Queen Atziri. Rogers admitted that the dungeon was designed to be impassable for all but the best players and said that the first hundred to get through it would get a special micro-transaction reward.

Crazy!  Not many games around these days with that kind of challenge.  Can't wait to try it out!

Another preview:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/83313/path-of-exile-sacrifice-of-the-vaal-preview-absolute-power

That preview clarifies that the contest is for the first 50 Softcore and first 50 Hardcore to beat the dungeon.

Extensive walkthrough:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qmk3fm/path-of-exile-sacrifice-of-the-vaal-walkthrough

Edit2:

The official information thread has been posted - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/807869
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:31:47 PM by EWSpider »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #643 on: March 04, 2014, 06:47:51 AM

The three-boob ceiling has been broken.

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #644 on: March 07, 2014, 06:35:11 PM

Been playing the new hardcore league 'Invasion'.  The amount of new bosses is really impressive, but GGG hasn't held back one bit on the difficulty.  Already have died twice (at level 33 and 16), and I usually can get to merciless without deaths without issue.  Despite the deaths, I'm having the most fun I've had with this game in a while.  The unpredictability and adrenaline rush is back, which is why hardcore is worth playing (at least for me).  Vaal skills are hit or miss, but I really enjoy vaal double strike and vaal spectral throw (aka, hammerdin mode).
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #645 on: March 07, 2014, 09:59:43 PM

Really wish this was coming out a month or two later. I need to hurry up and burn out on Marvel Heroes so I can move back to PoE. I can't sustain both games at once. :(
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #646 on: March 08, 2014, 05:14:09 AM

I've been playing the new Ambush league and it is a hell of a lot of fun.  Going through the old zones I've been through dozens of times feels much more dynamic and interesting now with all the things they've added.  I love the new strongboxes and the corrupted areas are a nice challenging diversion.  Both things add up to a lot more loot than usual dropping too.  Combined with those two things you still have your occasional Exile showing up and trying to kick your ass and the shrines from the previous Domination league.  I may give Invasion a try a bit later too.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #647 on: August 07, 2014, 09:25:05 AM

Socket crafting screenshot (large):

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #648 on: August 20, 2014, 09:04:34 PM

Found two masters, passed the test of one.  Naturally, neither were aligned with the class I was playing.

More interesting in the short term are the strongboxes, which some might remember from the last league.  I found a yellow one (hooray for "just one more area" instead of bed) and it puked out more gems than I have ever seen in one place.  At least ten, maybe fifteen, one or two of which I already plan to put to use.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #649 on: August 21, 2014, 06:40:47 AM

Found two masters, passed the test of one.  Naturally, neither were aligned with the class I was playing.

More interesting in the short term are the strongboxes, which some might remember from the last league.  I found a yellow one (hooray for "just one more area" instead of bed) and it puked out more gems than I have ever seen in one place.  At least ten, maybe fifteen, one or two of which I already plan to put to use.

I found a couple masters as well and ran their quests a couple times each.  The second time I ran the one (Haku I think), he put me in this room full of immune totems that constantly shock stacked me in a level that was +3 levels from the zone I found him in.  The you have to find a spirit and run him out but when you grab the spirit mobs start spawning everywhere and the spirit starts blasting everything including you.  It's definitely tense getting out of there alive and you can't TP out.

Also there is a storm call boss in the prisoners gate now that caught me by surprise.  He spawned right next to that big fire dog.  So yeah, watch out for him.  I thought the Brutus and Fairgraves updates were neat but didn't change too much but the Merville updates were really good.  Her second form is much more interesting now, I actually had a close call on that one.

Strongboxes are awesome as always.  I have not seen a corrupted area yet.

I think the thing I like the best is just all the little updates to the sounds and graphics.   There's some more interesting mob variety, more environment effects, etc.    Also some of the champion mobs have more unique looks now like the flicker strike pirate champion has a gold outlined shield and helm now.  The coves has like a creepy foghorn in the background sounds.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #650 on: August 21, 2014, 07:00:52 AM

Another 30-45 minutes this morning searching for the witch master, no luck.  Did find a yellow strongbox that was full of moneys, which is GREAT if the costs on the slot-crafting screenshots are real.

Definitely some added mobile variety, such as ghosts in the Fellshrine Catacombs and unexpected goatmen.

I'm slightly sad that they took away the "curses never expire" keystone at just the time when I was considering using it in a build.  OH WELL.

I assume I have to find a master a second time in order to run another quest, since the weaponmaster just said "Good job, I'll be hanging out in town to sell you things".

Haven't seen a corrupted area since the update, but surely they did not remove them?

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #651 on: August 21, 2014, 07:15:48 AM

Hex Master doubles a curses duration now.  I've never played a full curse build but I think doubling the duration would still be pretty good, no?  I guess if you're going to do multiple curses with faster casting you'd still have a good amount of time.  Bosses would be annoying I guess.

And yeah I've found one master 3 times and the other one twice.  Each time it's let me run the quest with a little different map/mobs.

They said corrupted zones are in, maybe they are more common in higher acts, I'm not sure.

I think one of the things I like best about strongboxes besides the obvious gem/currency ones is that I get a ton more scraps/whetstones/baubles than I normally would.  I feel like they are actually usable now where before I was always short on them.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #652 on: August 21, 2014, 10:40:31 AM

The curses are just a backup for my zookeeper, to lay down Vulnerability.  As such, I took the passives that increase effectiveness/area but not the notable which lets me apply two of them.  Double duration is actually overkill for this build, and I don't even have that one yet, so not crying about it at all.  Minions seem improved, even considering they only died in extreme cases before the update.  If I find a good minon shield, I should be able to really rock out with my cock out.

The +16% chaos resistance notable has also disappeared.  Which is bothersome but then again 16% isn't going to really save my bacon in most cases.

I might have more to say after I spend time respec'ing an elemental witch.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #653 on: August 22, 2014, 06:07:26 AM

Lag is annoying.  I'm sure concurrent player highs are exciting for GGG but for me it's just a pain in the ass.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #654 on: August 22, 2014, 07:38:47 AM

I really like the new Shadow tree.  Blood Siphon and Soul Siphon are really strong nodes.  Soul Siphon really makes a huge difference early and then I can spec out of it later once my build is further along.  Also freeze pulse is much stronger than last time I played it, it's not like hitting with a wet noodle anymore.  Also I think with enough of the life on enemy killed nodes I may not need to link life leech later on, which would free up a slot for even mode damage.

I think I have 5 of the masters now, none of them are level 3 yet but a couple of them are very close.

I also used one of my trash characters free respecs to grab the 4 keystone achievement.  He now has a sweet phase acrobatics -> ghost reaver -> ondar's guile build   awesome, for real
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #655 on: August 22, 2014, 07:55:05 AM

That's interesting, I haven't redone my shadow yet or even looked at the skills.  Not really sure who to work on when I get bored with the witches.

Bhazrak
Terracotta Army

Reply #656 on: August 22, 2014, 12:52:47 PM

Haven't played this in several months, so I'm getting a double dose of new content. I'm terrible when it comes to finding any of the RNG encountered masters or corrupted Vaal dungeons it seems, but I'm having lots of fun trying out Molten Strike on my marauder. I kind of wanted to try dual wield this time though, so not sure how long that will last.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #657 on: August 22, 2014, 02:01:35 PM

I still haven't found a corrupted area since the Masters update.  I did, however, cheat a bit and check on spawn zones for Catarina and on the third Chamber of Sin map, I found her.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #658 on: August 22, 2014, 07:09:36 PM

I started finding corrupted areas pretty commonly in Act 3.  Not sure if RNG or if they just don't spawn until then.   The one area had a boss named The Sunburst Queen - one of those red beetle queen things.  Very Scary, exploding beetles all over the screen, I couldn't even get near it.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #659 on: August 22, 2014, 07:18:16 PM

Played for a few hours tonight; starting to get a hang of the new Masters even though I don't have a hideout yet. I found a corrupted area in Act 1 Merc, so they aren't exclusive to Act 3.

Bhazrak
Terracotta Army

Reply #660 on: August 24, 2014, 12:52:15 PM

I just want to get one of my masters to level 3 so I can play house. :(
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #661 on: August 24, 2014, 03:27:39 PM

I've got 5 of them to level 3 now, but I can't decide which one to take!   I kinda like the library and the shore so far the best.

Also, it could be my RNG but I'm seeing a ton of life gear drop and WAY less resistance gear.  I'm having a much harder time getting my resistances up this time around.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #662 on: August 24, 2014, 06:07:29 PM

I went with the crypt, but I haven't bothered decorating it yet.

If anyone wants into the f13 guild let me know. Or at least add me to friends so we can maybe play together.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #663 on: August 24, 2014, 06:13:37 PM

I went with the crypt, but I haven't bothered decorating it yet.

If anyone wants into the f13 guild let me know. Or at least add me to friends so we can maybe play together.
How do i do this?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #664 on: August 24, 2014, 06:34:45 PM

I know you figured it out but I'll explain anyway:

Social window, Friend Invite is at the bottom. Add me and then I can guild invite you.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: