Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453623 times)
schild
Administrator

on: December 08, 2011, 02:58:34 PM

100% sure there was another thread about this, but I don't care. Because I'm the admin and I can just lock the other one when the search function decides not to take 10 minutes to spit back a result (problem likely on my end).

Anyway:
- You can tell people that you are in the Beta. Your account is marked as "Beta Member" on the forums.
- You can discuss any publicly available information that you would normally have discussed before you were in the Beta test.
- You're welcome to post your general opinions on the game. Please do not go into detail about unannounced specifics or unfinished systems.
- Please do not reveal unannounced information or comment on how things in the Beta work. For example, you should not post about some skill that hasn't been announced yet, or some unannounced looting system we are testing out.
- Please do not post balance values from the game or update public websites or wikis with this information. For example, if someone is gathering a list of item names in the Beta, you should not tell them new names. This information will change very frequently and we don't want to confuse people.
- You may stream gameplay or post screenshots and videos without permission. If recording video or streaming gameplay, please disable global chat and remind viewers that the game is in Closed Beta and that much is changing with every patch.
- Please do not share your account. In the future, we'll periodically allow you to invite some friends to play with.
If you abuse these rules we reserve the right to remove your access.

I am in the beta.

I have not yet played it, but I will. I will give General Opinions.

I may stream gameplay and take video without permission. They asked nicely to disable global chat though. I might not do that.

I will not be sharing my account.

Anyway, anyone else in?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:25:29 AM by Yegolev »
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 03:30:51 PM

I know I signed up for this, but never heard back.  Good to still it is still progressing.  Looking forward to your general opinions.  

Ha!  Gmail to the rescue, I signed up back on Jan 24th!! 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:32:31 PM by Hawkbit »
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:12:08 PM

Yah, I've been signed up for this forever.  Even sunk as low as begging in their forum.  Seems a lot of folks get extra keys and wave them around in front of people to see what kind of stupid shit they'll say/do for a key.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:47:59 PM

There's a bit less motivation to beta a f2p title. Especially when it's pretty familiar looking.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 09:13:22 PM

- You're welcome to post your general opinions on the game. Please do not go into detail about unannounced specifics or unfinished systems.

I've been in the beta for a few months now.

The game is mostly in an unfinished state. So much so that I don't really have any comment one way or the other about it.

I guess that is a compliment coming from me.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 06:36:38 AM

I thought they had an open beta at some point......

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 02:27:04 PM

Yeah, I'm in.

General Opinions? It's kinda neat. For a tiny indie team, it seems like they are doing some cool things. Definitely something to watch, still pretty early.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 02:34:09 PM

So ... what is it?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 04:04:06 PM

It's a Diablo-style game. You click things, you get loot. There are a bunch of pretty cool systems that I don't know whether I can talk about or not, but they're not too far off base.

At its core, it FEELS pretty good just to run around in the world and click things. That's important.

EDIT: Okay, I can talk about what's on their website. Their skill system is basically Materia, but you can socket in additional gems into an item to get improved effects on skills. This explains it a little better: http://www.pathofexile.com/skills/

Also, there's a big skill tree that is like the Sphere Grid.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:06:08 PM by Nonentity »

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 04:25:03 PM

Enough multiplayer to go in the MMO forum though I guess?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 04:26:00 PM

Yeah, their stated intent was to basically make it a free to play MMO with paid cosmetic items.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 07:58:20 PM

Never heard of it until now, but I went and signed up because it seems interesting. I don't suppose anyone has a beta key lying around?  why so serious?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 12:18:41 PM

I just got into beta today, so at least I can "neener neener" about that instead of swtor.   Ohhhhh, I see.
I was expecting a spare key but all I got was beta admittance.  Not sure if they're giving out extra keys anymore.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 08:49:04 AM

Yeah, there was another thread. It was by me. Lock away.

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=20360.0

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 12:21:04 PM

I just got into beta today, so at least I can "neener neener" about that instead of swtor.   Ohhhhh, I see.
I was expecting a spare key but all I got was beta admittance.  Not sure if they're giving out extra keys anymore.

They've got a timer on their site that is pushing a new key every 5min or so.  I'm not exactly sure how that works, because that would be pushing 288 keys a day.  At that rate, there should be a crapload of people in. 

I still haven't received an invite, and now would be the perfect time for one. 
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 09:54:26 AM

If anyone snags an extra invite, I'd appreciate one, please.  The way they're letting folks into beta is really wonky.  Anyone signed up in 2010 gets immediate access if they PM a mod.  I signed up in Jan 2011, but lots of folks that signed up two weeks ago are already in.  : /

nm:  Community member over there gave me one.  Thanks all.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:30:37 PM by Hawkbit »
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 08:39:16 AM

Looking at some of the timer sent invites it seems like it sticks to recent sign ups. Sucks.

Edit: I'm wrong. It seems if you log into the forums once your chances increase 10x for the random draw.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:49:20 AM by NiX »
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 02:17:32 PM

Public weekend stress test starts in a day or so, for people wanting to give this a try. Biggest differences so far to Diablo 2 are that you level up like the sphere grid system in Final Fantasy 10, and you slot abilities into weapons and armour and level them up like the materia system in Final Fantasy 7.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 05:46:12 PM

I'm playing this. You should too. Not sure if has any stickiness, but I am having a blast.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 09:22:59 PM

Installing to check it out during the open beta weekend.  Anyone have keys, should this prove to be fun? ^^

EDIT: I'm having fun doing some hacking and slashing and leveling up and such. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:01:03 AM by Quinton »
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 10:03:44 PM

I stopped testing a while back, couldn't find the fun.  Lemme know if they patched any in.

schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 07:23:07 AM

Installing to check it out during the open beta weekend.  Anyone have keys, should this prove to be fun? ^^

EDIT: I'm having fun doing some hacking and slashing and leveling up and such. 
Just logged into my beta account, can't even find a way to invite people :(
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 07:44:29 AM

I messed around with it a bit last night. Got to the first encampment and logged out. It seems fun but I kept getting disconnected every few minutes. Not sure if it was the server or my elderly machine that couldn't handle the stress. I'm thinking it was my box.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 03:31:22 PM

I messed around with it a bit last night. Got to the first encampment and logged out. It seems fun but I kept getting disconnected every few minutes. Not sure if it was the server or my elderly machine that couldn't handle the stress. I'm thinking it was my box.
I'm getting logged out randomly as well, so I think its the just the public beta. Feels and plays exactly the same as Diablo 2, got the giggles when blue unidentified weapons started dropping all over the place. Now that I know the mechanics etc, I can't wait to start trying to make weird ass builds with the passive skill tree.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 03:41:44 PM

Just logged into my beta account, can't even find a way to invite people :(

As best I can tell they randomly hand out invites to people with accounts (so I'm now registered for the lottery!).

I really like the freely reslottable gems and mixing and matching skills that way.  Reminds me a little bit of FF7...
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 05:02:54 PM

We got in with out a key.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 05:09:06 PM

It's open to everyone this weekend. 
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 07:17:59 PM

Given the fun I'm having with this, I figure with Blizzard's relative level of polish and pellet-dispenser tuning, I'm completely doomed once D3 launches.  Not being one to try to evade my fate, I pre-ordered today to get it out of the way.  If somebody's sitting on a D3 beta key and feeling friendly... ^^
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 08:04:02 AM

Really impressed by the quality of this title. Also, the ability and passive combinations available are mind numbing. Very solid title.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 08:20:11 AM

I just couldn't get into it, not sure why.  Although a lot may have to do with the blandness of the starter zone.  Does it get better later on?

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 08:22:19 AM

I really enjoyed this.  I'm a sucker for lots of customization, and this definitely hits the spot.  The passive skill tree is a very good thing.  Full respecs need to be buyable though.  

If anyone has a key, let me know.  I will play this.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:39:28 AM by trias_e »
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 08:25:21 AM

I just couldn't get into it, not sure why.  Although a lot may have to do with the blandness of the starter zone.  Does it get better later on?

The first couple zones on the shoreline are not terribly amazing.  I liked the cavern with the crabs and things that came after.  Need to see more to see if the world design gets more interesting.

Love the customization bits. 
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 08:57:24 AM

I just couldn't get into it, not sure why.  Although a lot may have to do with the blandness of the starter zone.  Does it get better later on?

Once you get some abilities, I think it does.  I'm a leaping fool with fire bitch slaps now! Hell, I even have some skeletons to summon, and I'm a marauder.

Full respecs need to be buyable though.  

My girl found a scroll of regret that lets you get a passive point back. Also, I'm sure the shop will have things like XP boosts, and gear skins and the like, full respecs are also logical to add there.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:02:07 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 10:29:55 AM

Gender locked classes are a deal breaker, main reason i could never get into d2.

I am the .00000001428%
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 01:05:44 PM

Gender locked classes are a deal breaker, main reason i could never get into d2.
Head scratch
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: