Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:31:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: How far can we go with this light/dark? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How far can we go with this light/dark?  (Read 46365 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: December 09, 2011, 07:01:53 AM

According to Dallas Dickinson in an MMORPG.com interview:

MMORPG.com:
So, metrics are fun! Has there been a consistent ratio of Empire vs. Republic populations on test servers? Same for Force users vs. Non-force using classes? Can you talk about what you've seen along those lines?

Dallas Dickinson:
Without giving exact numbers, I can tell you that it is as we expected. We skew slightly more with Empire players; I think that’s at least partially due to the fact that the players that have been in the testing program are a little bit more hardcore, maybe a bit more into PvP. That’s just my own crazy theory as to why that is. It’s not a huge skew, it’s like a 50 to 55% as opposed to anything broader than that.
And then in terms of class choice, it’s also, we’re a little more than half of people choose one of the four force-wielding classes. So, I think it’s closer to 60%-ish, but again, I’m estimating a little bit. But that’s as expected, it really goes in terms of, you could probably, without having asked me the question listed the order of popularity, what you think the popularity of the classes would be, and you’d be probably right. The expectation is that people are going to first jump in, go straight to a force-user, unless they have a specific, “I really want to be a bounty hunter” kind of mentality, and they’re going to play that. But we’re seeing a whole lot of sampling. So, what people do, is they immediately choose one of those classes, they play for five or ten levels, then they choose another class, and we get pretty broad sampling across the board. I think a lot of players are playing up to four of five of the classes up to level 10 before they choose the one they’re going to ride.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: December 09, 2011, 07:07:23 AM

I'm going with "people in beta played the flip-side of the class they would play live" as a metric that wasn't tested.  Republic will still be superior numbers-wise.  Empire will still have the 'smart' players  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: December 09, 2011, 07:36:00 AM

I'm going with "people in beta played the flip-side of the class they would play live" as a metric that wasn't tested.

Yea the concept of not wanting to spoil the game for yourself was pretty universal among people I talked to.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: How far can we go with this light/dark?  
Jump to: