Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: How far can we go with this light/dark? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How far can we go with this light/dark?  (Read 46364 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: December 07, 2011, 11:50:12 AM

Frances "Frankie" Foster

Also Mandy from Billy and Mandy and lot's of other cartoons, yeah maybe I watch too much cartoon network ><
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:52:30 AM by Lakov_Sanite »

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: December 07, 2011, 11:58:47 AM

Voice acting compendium in image form.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: December 07, 2011, 12:18:24 PM

Ah, Tara Strong.  Is there nothing you haven't done voice acting for?  Heart

Over and out.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: December 07, 2011, 12:48:20 PM

Where is that image from?  I'd like to use it but I should probably give them credit for it.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #109 on: December 07, 2011, 12:57:02 PM

further question. once you've pissed off your companion i there any way to make them like you again or are all conversations a one time thing? If you can't, the thought of perma-fucking over a faction in an mmo seems a bad idea.

I want my choices to have consequences, and even be permanent in extreme cases.  It is this whole mindset of "oh noes! you ruined my character by letting me make bad choices!" that is limiting the potenital of this kind of game, IMO.  I know why MMO devs cater to the crybabies, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Personally I don't have a problem with fucking up my character because of bad choices, as long as I know that those choices are potentially bad before I make them. However, when I make my choices based on things like "this seems like the most reasonable response in the dialogue tree" and the choice actually turns out to be the worst possible choice of the bunch, that really gets on my nerves. Didn't see too much of that in the beta weekends, but Dragon Age 2 was especially bad in this regard.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: December 07, 2011, 01:23:33 PM

Where is that image from?  I'd like to use it but I should probably give them credit for it.

Pulled from the official forums. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=180513

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: December 07, 2011, 03:11:21 PM

Wow. There is someone really named Dude Walker. Sounds cool at first, but then the jokes would get really old really fast. And during sex... well...

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: December 07, 2011, 03:15:45 PM

Wow. There is someone really named Dude Walker. Sounds cool at first, but then the jokes would get really old really fast. And during sex... well...

What's wrong with it?  Slow down Dude!  Faster Dude!  Dude a little to the left!  Oh Dude!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #113 on: December 07, 2011, 09:15:13 PM

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to make my Bounty Hunter.
I'm leaning toward something like Jason Statham with optical implants (cyborg).

Bummed it's not Blum, though.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:18:01 PM by Sky »
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: December 07, 2011, 09:17:51 PM

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to make my Bounty Hunter. 
I'm leaning toward something like Jason Statham with optical implants (cyborg).

My Bounty Hunter will be a fatty.  No mistaking.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #115 on: December 07, 2011, 09:23:17 PM

Bummed it's not Blum, though.

He sounds SO MUCH LIKE HIM it's pretty much a wash, if you ask me. :P

EDIT: Also beefalo body type will never not delight me when I see it. I keep going back and forth on if my MANQUISITOR will be a pink beefalo twi'lek man or just a boring body type 2 pink twi'lek man. I have the hardest life sometimes. :(

God Save the Horn Players
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #116 on: December 07, 2011, 09:25:53 PM

Mostly going for Calo Nord.

"Go away."

"One..."
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: December 07, 2011, 10:39:46 PM

I usually dont play females but I might thus time just to heart a lovely voice.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: December 08, 2011, 08:21:32 AM

So Grey DeLisle does the female Bounty Hunter? No wonder I was getting familiar vibes while playing mine; she's just been Catwoman in Arkham City. Heart

Jennifer Hale voicing female Trooper may cause me to consider rolling that way when it comes to it. Hadn't really thought about playing the class up till now but I loves me some Fem-Shep.

I couldn't place David Hayter as the Jedi Knight while I was playing but I can hear it now. Not a bad choice, though I'd have prefered Jeff Bennett  Ohhhhh, I see.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: December 08, 2011, 08:25:25 AM

Much as I want to play female trooper, lack of lesbian romances makes me a sad panda.  My shepard was always batting for the pink team, just wouldn't be right otherwise.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: December 08, 2011, 08:35:56 AM

I doubt very much I'll actually go for any of the romance options for any character/class. Most of the companions that are romanceable don't interest me and I'm actually a bit put off by the idea on the whole. Mass Effect annoyed me a bit in that regard and that, at least, had a smattering of choices.

Having said that, I suspect Mako would bat for the same team, if such a thing were conceivable in the SW universe...

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: December 08, 2011, 08:41:35 AM

Kaliyo is written, at least her early dialogs, like she'd be quite happy hooking up with anyone who provided a good time.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: December 08, 2011, 10:41:18 AM

But she's so not your type!  tongue

Over and out.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: December 08, 2011, 11:52:41 AM

Kaliyo is the type of girl you don't bring home to mother. She's everyones type. Until the crazy starts.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: December 08, 2011, 11:55:05 AM

So you're saying she's a superfreak?

Over and out.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #125 on: December 08, 2011, 11:57:36 AM

So you're saying she's a superfreak?

You've seen Species right? That is the kinda crazy I am going with.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: December 08, 2011, 12:02:08 PM

Rick James shakes his head sadly.

Over and out.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: December 08, 2011, 05:05:22 PM

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: December 08, 2011, 07:01:30 PM

Thanks for the info all.  Got a really gnarly new job and a 7 month old so I haven't been able to do much by way of serious forum reading/posting. 

I have many different circles of gaming buddies who are going to be in this game, but they're all going Sith Empire.  So I'm either going to find a way to enjoy the dark side and play with people I know, or indulge my fanboi side and look for new people to play with in the Republic. 

Have fun!

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: December 08, 2011, 07:09:10 PM

I am ashamed to post in a topic where a perfectly good Rick James streak is combo-broken so carelessly and so quick.  Heartbreak

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: December 08, 2011, 07:17:29 PM

The shame is not ours.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: December 08, 2011, 07:24:03 PM

Speaking of the Republic, are they planning on using the guild pre-signups to balance factions?  Seems to me like it'd be a lot easier to balance since entire guilds will be assigned servers (at least until you start running into unguilded players).  Forgive me for repeating this reasoning if it's already been discussed.

I kind of feel bad for the republic.  Doesnt seem like many will be playing them (which suits the lore I guess).  Tbh, I'd play them just because of the odds twerent for BC going imperial.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #132 on: December 08, 2011, 07:34:09 PM

IIRC Horde was overplayed in the WoW Beta and then on release things went a bit differently.  I'm curious if we're going to see the same thing here.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: December 08, 2011, 07:44:47 PM

I'm betting we will.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: December 08, 2011, 10:14:35 PM

IIRC Horde was overplayed in the WoW Beta and then on release things went a bit differently.  I'm curious if we're going to see the same thing here.

Horde still outnumbered Alliance on most PvP servers.  Which will likely be the case here as well imp:rep.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #135 on: December 09, 2011, 03:27:30 AM

Well, yeah, that's nearly always a given though.  Image is everything.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: December 09, 2011, 06:04:02 AM

People went allliance not cause they were the good guys but because they had the 'pretty' races.  With SWTOR the only difference are good/bad and the specific classes which I know a lot pf people wanna play jedi's but I don't think anyone is gonna be surprised when it's dark side outnumbering light 2to1

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: December 09, 2011, 06:05:39 AM

With our luck, we'll end up on the same server as AIE  ACK!

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #138 on: December 09, 2011, 06:28:44 AM

People went allliance not cause they were the good guys but because they had the 'pretty' races.  With SWTOR the only difference are good/bad and the specific classes which I know a lot pf people wanna play jedi's but I don't think anyone is gonna be surprised when it's dark side outnumbering light 2to1

Personally I think Republic will have a large appeal. People want to be the good guys.  wink
This is in no way scientific, but:

Forum posts per class from www.swtor.com as of 9th Dec. 2011, 14:30 GMT:

Empire total: 454k
Republic total: 549k

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: December 09, 2011, 06:31:49 AM

Also fully expecting republic to outnumber imperial.

WoW is a long way from being the only data point here.

The only time more people choose Imperial/Horde/Evil/Dark/Chaos is when the game is pvp focussed.

SWTOR is not pvp focussed.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: How far can we go with this light/dark?  
Jump to: