Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #7 (of 7) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #7 (of 7)  (Read 30763 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: December 16, 2011, 05:55:15 PM

Whee! Lizards v Rats! Welcome to speeed town! No around for the next few, but looking forward to the matchup.

Pity about straz's injuries, sounds like he will be under strength for his playoff game.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #176 on: December 17, 2011, 08:02:13 AM

I am going to move on the Day in a few hours. Playoffs/Failoffs starting.

I have a very small bit of a problem about the Kail - Eldaec game. Seems to me like neither of them was so interested, or had the time, to play it. I do not intend AT ALL to scold anyone or to make a big deal out of this, I mean it. I just think, based on the little communication we have witnessed in this thread, that they don't deserve a fixed draw, nor they deserve 1 point for it.

Now, if Eldaec takes one point he's going to be 5th in his Division, but if he gets zero he ends up 6th. All in all a very small difference, only changing his (and Scadente's) failoff opponent, so as I said a very small deal, but I am a bit worried about the recent wave of unplayed matches, so I think it might be a good idea to consider 0 points awarded to both teams when it looks like nobody really cared to play, or made a point of stating the perduring difficulties. I also want to observe that I am writing this 5 days past the deadline, meaning there has been a full 14 days to play.

What do you think? Opinions and comments on the matter please, not personal attacks of any sort.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:04:03 AM by Falconeer »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #177 on: December 17, 2011, 08:42:25 AM

0 points each sounds fair.  14 days is a long time.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: December 17, 2011, 09:33:10 AM

You are the referee on this Falc. I'm happy with what you decide either way. I will say though that even in my most BB hating moments I've always made an effort to get my game in.

Hic sunt dracones.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #179 on: December 17, 2011, 10:13:33 AM

This time of year is a bitch to get games in, as I had with IainC. However, I would have accepted a zero for not getting it done with little qualm. Then again, I suck at this game.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: December 17, 2011, 11:32:12 AM

No objection here.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: December 17, 2011, 04:36:06 PM

Standard fare for all other leagues i  play in is if no one looks to have made an effort then both teams get a loss or a 0-0 draw. I think a loss on both sides if no one has made an effort is fair play, if there has been some effort then a no score/score draw is appropriate. From what you have posted around this game specifically then a 0-0 or double loss is right, however, your the league admin and I would fully accept your choice, as echoed above.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: December 17, 2011, 04:38:24 PM

Haven't really had time to play anything as I'm in the process of moving back to the UK - if time is up don't mind what result you record as nothing is ideal.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: December 17, 2011, 04:39:48 PM

On a side note - SirT where did you get your forum avatar? It looks like something out of Neocron.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: December 17, 2011, 04:47:59 PM

Unless I am very much mistaken, it is an EVE portrait.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #185 on: December 17, 2011, 05:07:32 PM

Your suggestion sounds perfect, so 0 in this case
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #7 (of 7)  
Jump to: