Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:09:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: She's Crafty! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: She's Crafty!  (Read 78112 times)
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

If you change your mind on a crafting choice, can you ditch it and switch to a different one?  Starting over from 1 of course.

Yea it's easy, you just click the little 'X' next to the craft in the crew window. Then it goes "Are you SURE you want to remove this craft and lose all progress in it?" and you Y E S and done!

You have to type "Yes, I accept" exactly right, I hear.

Fuck, it asked the companion.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 03:05:40 AM

If you drop a skill you have raised do you start from one again if you start it back up?

Yes, and all learned schematics are gone and you have to buy them again.

So... not the best thing to do when you have a schematic book full of rare schematics you got from the AH.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 04:35:30 AM

So would it make sense to just take slicing while leveling and then switch to something else at max level?
Potentially.  I love crafting as I level, but if you are just interested in end results then all gathering skills while leveling is certainly reasonable.

That also means you'd have an assortment of materials when you get there, stuff for trade, and lots of credits along the way.  I'll be quite poor with all the crafting and reverse engineering I'll do.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 03:45:56 AM

So I took Synthweaving/Arch/Slicing.  I can make light armor but if I reverse engineer I discover blue recipies.  Unfortunately, I need Underworld Trading to craft the item required to make the blue recipie. 

It seems crafters have that choice; take the three skills that work well together or take a gathering and a crafting and a third, seperate skill.  The downside to the second choice is you'll have to buy your special item off the AH and that could be expensive. 

Or take three gathering skills and sell on the AH.

As an aside, Slicing missions still pays peanuts.  But I was a a very low level so maybe the range between the costs of the mission and the actual reward grows as you gain in skill.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 05:01:29 AM

They've been continuously reducing the immediate payout with slicing.  If you're patient though, you can sell found items on the galactic market, potentially making a lot more out of it.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 05:05:52 AM

Ah, I see.  I have never gotten items from slicing, just briefcases of cash.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 10:42:10 AM

If I decide to go Slicing, Treasure Hunting, and Underground Trading, can I give the advanced components/schematics/whatever I get from the misison skills to other people to make my shit for me?  In other words, are they bind on equip or whatever the equivalent is?  Also being able to sell stuff from these skills would be good too, but I don't really understand exactly how the mission skills work in relation to the greater crafting system at the moment.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 10:52:17 AM

Most everything should be tradeable, yes.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 12:37:29 PM

There's a bunch of purple items that are bind on pickup for each craft, so you'd only be unable to use those.  It looked like Biochem had the largest list, but that's primarily because it has to offer something for each class and spec.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:14 PM

Really, really digging the crafting and reverse engineering.  I managed to learn a purple quality green lightsaber crystal.  So even lower tier resources aren't useless if you like knowing as many schematics as possible.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 03, 2011, 01:26:25 PM

For what it's worth, it's really easy to level up a gather/mission craft once you hit 50 and have 5 spare companions to constantly send out. Costs a little cash but you have no shortage of that at 50 either.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 04:57:51 AM

It is entirely too easy to make yourself broke because of crafting in the early levels.  I was sending guys on treasure hunting missions (lockbox only) and hitting up every archaeology node I could fine.  I'm level 19 with less than 500 creds to my name.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 05:10:05 AM

For what it's worth, it's really easy to level up a gather/mission craft once you hit 50 and have 5 spare companions to constantly send out. Costs a little cash but you have no shortage of that at 50 either.

Yeah, but the main point of crafting to me is using the stuff I craft.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 07:40:39 AM

I'm level 19 with less than 500 creds to my name.
That girl's a bum!

After broking myself in the first weekend, last weekend I took it way more casual and didn't have much of a credit crunch. The UT missions also seemed a lot cheaper than the Arch and Slicing missions, but just going off memory on that. Also had slicing the first weekend, but spent like crazy because...END OF THE WORLD, MAN.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 08:14:55 AM

I was doing fine credit-wise last beta weekend, until I tried to preview a piece of 24k armor from the vendor and forgot which hold key to use.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 06:43:45 AM

I can do some limited non-force armor (Armormech) for the Hutta folks. I have a lvl 9 PURPZ belt recipe, maybe enough mats for one or two more. It's not great, but what the heck. Also a couple lowbie (11-15) blues from reverse engineering.

Mostly heavy armor, until I take some time to mess with the medium stuff. I only have vendor recipes for medium.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 06:57:45 AM

Do not forget that Underworld Trading hands out orange recipes randomly now. It's actually worth keeping one of your minions out going random underworld missions as often as possible. I picked up a sith inquisitor robe pants slot item that I can't use (synthweaving), and an agent/warrior only medium chest piece.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 07:29:02 AM

I took up Biochem, Bio-analysis and Diplomacy. 

Last night I finally discovered a purple permanent stim.   awesome, for real

I have always hated crafting, but when I can send out my minions to do my work for me and can craft while questing I suddenly love it!  I think TOR has the best crafting system ever created for people who hate crafting.  I have no idea how people who love crafting view the system.

It's like Bioware took out all the shit and boring out of it.

I actually now look forward to see what I can make and do with it now.   awesome, for real
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 07:52:36 AM

Mechanically its the same as in Fallen earth. I liked crafting in fallen earth.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 08:27:40 AM

I can do lightsaber mods, crystals, shields, and foci for people.  The nice stuff is more DPSy at the moment, but that will change as I level up the rest of the recipes. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 08:45:40 AM

I actually now look forward to see what I can make and do with it now.   awesome, for real
Kinda cross-posting from the other thread where crafting came up, but I thought I had it more or less figgered. Then, when reverse engineering a piece I had already RE'd, I got a different blue recipe. One was +Power, the other +Crit, same stats otherwise. AWESOME. And crafting crits adding mod slots...it's MAD.
I can do lightsaber mods, crystals, shields, and foci for people.  The nice stuff is more DPSy at the moment, but that will change as I level up the rest of the recipes. 
I could use a good shield (lvl 20ish), tank stats but my shield is pretty old... Can you make better crystals than the pre-order yellow/black?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:47:16 AM by Sky »
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 09:53:56 AM

You still only get 1 mod slot on crafted items, correct?  (the one you get for a crit)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: December 15, 2011, 10:03:54 AM

That's all I've gotten thus far. Not sure about the rare recipes from missions.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 15, 2011, 10:24:26 AM

Biochem doesn't work that way unfortunately, there is only one upgradable version .. I think.

Also, I've also noticed getting a better chance to get a new recipe if I RE a stock of something rather than one at a time.  Maybe it's just perception.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #59 on: December 15, 2011, 10:26:43 AM

It looks like I'm wavering between artificer and synthweaving. It seems like both would be useful for my inquisitor, with perhaps synthweaving coming in a bit more useful.

Also, the underworld missions sound like they may be more fun than treasure hunter.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 15, 2011, 10:35:41 AM

Do not forget that Underworld Trading hands out orange recipes randomly now. It's actually worth keeping one of your minions out going random underworld missions as often as possible. I picked up a sith inquisitor robe pants slot item that I can't use (synthweaving), and an agent/warrior only medium chest piece.
SAVE IT!!!!

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 15, 2011, 10:36:59 AM

Also, the underworld missions sound like they may be more fun than treasure hunter.
They aren't actual missions. Your companion is gone for X minutes, returning with crafting materials for blue and purple recipes.

Does anyone know if lightsabers have been added to artifice yet?
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 15, 2011, 10:46:26 AM

SAVE IT!!!!

I have them saved, I figure I will find out how to move things between factions eventually.

My consular is also saving every quest orange I get so I can play dress up at 50.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #63 on: December 15, 2011, 10:57:01 AM

So trying to decide between Synth and Artiface for my Warrior - I look at the guide and see that Vette gets bonuses for both Treasure Hunter (+5 crit) and Underworld Trading (+5). Anyone know what difference that crit rating makes?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 15, 2011, 11:02:05 AM

For those, not much. They'll bring back more stuff (purple with their blue), but I wouldn't pick a trade based on your companion perks imo. Per the loading screen companion approval also impacts crafting success. Which explains why my colorblind fucking lizard never brings back blue lightsaber crystals!

It's basically do you want to make armor for force users, or lightsaber parts. I'm a little offended that artifice can make lightsabers, but ONLY at skill cap. Dude, I can make the hilts, the crystals.. how hard is it to put those two together!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 15, 2011, 11:08:51 AM

The only thing I'm confused about is the orange stuff.  Orange items are just cosmetic?  Are they bind on pickup?  Is it worth getting Synthweaving/Underworld Trading just to make the oranges?  Basically I'm wavering between Biochem for usefulness vs Synthweaving for looks.

Over and out.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 15, 2011, 11:13:16 AM

Orange items are items that can be modified.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 15, 2011, 11:15:50 AM

The only thing I'm confused about is the orange stuff.  Orange items are just cosmetic?  Are they bind on pickup?  Is it worth getting Synthweaving/Underworld Trading just to make the oranges?  Basically I'm wavering between Biochem for usefulness vs Synthweaving for looks.

They are the designation for "has mod slots"

Essentially they wind up being cosmetic with how many they give you, you just slot it with real stats (buy them with commendations if you can't get some crafted quickly). I use mine to basically pick weapon and armor models I really like and keep them up to date as effective blues.

Nothing appears bind on pickup via orange crafting. So if anyone gets the patterns in the guilds, I'm sure we can have them made for people.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 15, 2011, 11:22:23 AM

Excellent.  So I wouldn't be missing out on any good looking outfits by going Biochem since I can still beg/borrow/steal them?

Over and out.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 15, 2011, 11:28:14 AM

Yep, from everything I've seen so far.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: She's Crafty!  
Jump to: