Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:12:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: She's Crafty! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: She's Crafty!  (Read 78481 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

on: November 30, 2011, 12:43:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFFS3ndWSJ4

So we're getting some idea of what classes/role we're going to jump into. What are people thinking as far as crafts go? Might help some of the undecideds pick something we're lacking.

I'm going BH Powertech, so Armormech with Scavenging and Underworld Trading; really fits the Mandalorian lore, being an armor-centric folk.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 12:49:18 PM

I keep hearing about this spice stuff... I was really hoping to RP a drug addicted sith juggernuts.

But I have no clue. I have never been into crafting early on in any game. I get into it once I burn out of leveling. However, telling your bitches to go do stuff and make me stuff might get me involved earlier. I was reading up on cybertech, but really, all i think about when I hear that is cybersex, then horrible visions of goldshire inn come back to me. I will definitely go with underworld for the companion gift thing... Vette better put out at some point.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 12:51:08 PM

I'm leaning towards artifice with my inquisitor, with archaeology and treasure hunting.  I assume that lightsaber and armor mod stuff will be useful no matter what AC I go with. But Biochem also sounds interesting.  
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 12:53:28 PM

Artifice, Archaeology and Treasure Hunting. Sorely tempted to take Slicing instead of TH because TH blows nuts, but it'll probably be nerfed even more before launch. The wife and I will both be playing Sith so I imagine she'll take Synthweaving and whatever goes with it

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 12:54:46 PM

Biochem is one of those unsung professions that a lot of people are going to overlook until the raiding game starts getting a bit more robust. The stims and medpacs they make are extremely good, but you will almost certainly not use them often solo; I had to force myself to use them on the character I made with Biochem. Implants are pretty nice, though they account for a low overall amount of your stats from gear.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:00:22 PM

I get hooked on crafting, but I haven't been in the Beta so I really don't know anything about it yet. I took a look at the charts Lamaros linked to and went  swamp poop.

My current plan for my first run is a Pureblood Warrior/Juggernaught with Vette the ranged DPS machine standing behind me, so I'll want something to play in to that. Suggestions are welcome.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 01:16:47 PM

Biochem is one of those unsung professions that a lot of people are going to overlook until the raiding game starts getting a bit more robust. The stims and medpacs they make are extremely good, but you will almost certainly not use them often solo; I had to force myself to use them on the character I made with Biochem. Implants are pretty nice, though they account for a low overall amount of your stats from gear.

I constantly used the Medpack that heals both me and my companion while leveling up.

But yea, Biochem is the Alchemy of SWTOR, I full intend to fund my VIP pass via selling adrenals to raiders  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 01:35:24 PM

My IA will probably either be the armswhosit (the gun making one) or biochem, with the support thingies that go with them respectively.

God Save the Horn Players
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 01:50:58 PM

They all looked fun.  I usually do armorcraft on my tanks, then find that there's a billion people doing it because it's one of the "Sexy" tradeskills.

I'm leaning towards something more esoteric this time.. Cybertech probably.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 02:05:56 PM

Counsler(Shadow - Tank) - Sythweaving & Archeology & Underworld Trading

Unless something changes, I haven't tried Trooper/BH yet but I know I didn't like Smuggler/IA at all and I don't want to play anything that can heal since that's pretty much all I ever did in WoW and want something new.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 02:39:31 PM

I keep hearing about this spice stuff... I was really hoping to RP a drug addicted sith juggernuts.

Slice (as in Slicing) not Spice. Its like hacking. Used to open boxes in the world. Makes amazing money, or so I have been told.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 02:42:14 PM

Biochem has Artifact level stims that have unlimited usage.  That's kind of neat.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 02:43:00 PM

Slice (as in Slicing) not Spice. Its like hacking. Used to open boxes in the world. Makes amazing money, or so I have been told.

No, I actually meant spice.
Actually my BH test guy had slicing and scavenging - which is actually useful in dungeons (I find that pretty cool btw - that crafting skills are used outside of just crafting).

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 02:45:32 PM

I am probably going with Bioanalysis, Scavenging and maybe Slicing and try to sell those resources to make some cash.

Do "resource nodes" only show up when you have the corresponding gathering skill ? I saw lots of Archeology nodes during the weekend but not one slicing thingy.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 02:46:57 PM

They're around even when you don't have it, I saw some.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 02:47:07 PM

You can see any node in the world, but the mini map won't highlight them unless you have the gathering profession for them. They are also kinda glowy if you have the profession, so they stand out more.

Slicing nodes are all the little computers and lockboxes you randomly find in the jungle  why so serious?

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 02:48:10 PM

Slicing nodes are all the little computers and lockboxes you randomly find in the jungle  why so serious?

Can't say I noticed a single one  on the first or second Sith planet

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 02:49:22 PM

You won't find any gathering nodes on the 1-10 noob planets. Slicing is the most popular profession because of all the free money it generates so people may just be getting them before you see them. Or you may be oblivious, or both!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 02:54:36 PM

There are some salvage ones around I think.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 03:04:36 PM

Can't say I noticed a single one  on the first or second Sith planet

It may depend on how crowded your server is.  I found at least 4 lockboxes on my Jedi and another 2-3 on my BH.  They're long, low and have that blue glow that quest objects do.  They're typically surrounded by a few "strong" mobs or near an Elite.    Each one in the newb zones had a bunch of cash and a green item.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 04:06:30 PM

You won't find any gathering nodes on the 1-10 noob planets. Slicing is the most popular profession because of all the free money it generates so people may just be getting them before you see them. Or you may be oblivious, or both!

Maybe not for slicing, but lots of biochem and scavenging stuff is available on noob planets. On Hutta, once I had Mako trailing along I jumped from 5 to 50 scavenging in 30 minutes just from all the droid trash people left behind.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 04:50:07 PM

So we're getting some idea of what classes/role we're going to jump into. What are people thinking as far as crafts go? Might help some of the undecideds pick something we're lacking.
Based on current requirements:

Sorcerer - Artifice, Archaelogy, and Treasure Hunting
Warrior - Synthweaving, Archaelogy, and Underworld Trading
Agent - Droid, Scavenging, Investigation
BH - Arms or Armor, Scavenging, Diplomacy

The Agent and BH may be tweaked a little.  I'm likely to substitute one of the duplicate gathering professions for slicing.  I expect Artifice and Synthweaving to be my main pursuits though.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 05:36:46 PM

Slicing really is a crazy amount of money if you don't want to really craft, by the by. My slicer had twice the cash on hand by 25 as my non slicer.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 05:44:08 PM

In my limited beta, slicing missions didn't pay well.  The money was in slicing open the chests.

My BH will probably go Armstech/Scavenging/Slicing. 
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 06:33:29 PM

I did not beta enough to get to crafting. My guess is that I'll go with what is most relevant for an Inquisitor.

Or, apparently, slicing. Maybe biotech.

Fuck, I have no idea.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 07:04:06 PM

I hate crafting, but this whole 'send someone off to do it for you' thing got me playing around with it to some extent.

I think I'll probably go Artificer. Archeology + Treasure Hunting on my Sith Warrior and maybe Armstech and the relevant other 2 with my BH.

That said, there do seem to be some skills which are independently useful, such as investigation for the schematics, slicing for the cash, diplomacy for light/dark side points - I might just mix and match to make some money.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 07:19:24 PM

Can I go Cybertech/Underworld/Treasure Hunting and craft effectively, or do you pretty much need to take the correct gathering/mission/crafting skill combos? 
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 07:23:20 PM

If you pick the crafting/gathering skill, you can make any green item in the list, and learn blue+ recipies.

The suggested mission skill is what gives you the appropriate mats to make the blue+ stuff.

So you can kind of craft (and buy some stuff if you need it) with craft+gather and a wildcard not suggested.

Cyber/Underworld/Treasure is a craft and two mission skills, so you'd never have mats for the cybertech stuff.

I think you could go slicing/two mission skills to just auction house blue+ mats to people, but I don't think you can effectively go crafting/two mission skills.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 07:28:59 PM

If you change your mind on a crafting choice, can you ditch it and switch to a different one?  Starting over from 1 of course.

Over and out.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 07:32:04 PM

I hate crafting, but this whole 'send someone off to do it for you' thing got me playing around with it to some extent.
If nothing else, take gathering skills and send some materials to those of us who love it.  I'll happily use it to skill up and research schematics so I can make things for guild members.
If you change your mind on a crafting choice, can you ditch it and switch to a different one?  Starting over from 1 of course.
Yes.  It's a button press.  Learning the skills are free, too.

I'm not sure if you keep learned schematics should you swap back to something you once knew and dropped.  Maybe I'll try that out if I bother leveling a character of the next two weeks.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 07:32:34 PM

Yea it's easy, you just click the little 'X' next to the craft in the crew window. Then it goes "Are you SURE you want to remove this craft and lose all progress in it?" and you Y E S and done!

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 07:44:24 PM

If nothing else, take gathering skills and send some materials to those of us who love it.  I'll happily use it to skill up and research schematics so I can make things for guild members.

Right, I'll try and give crafting a fair shake first, but if I end up getting bored, I'll definitely take at least one gathering skill so I can send mats on.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 07:48:41 PM

If you drop a skill you have raised do you start from one again if you start it back up?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 07:55:43 PM

Yes.  It's a button press.  Learning the skills are free, too.

I'm not sure if you keep learned schematics should you swap back to something you once knew and dropped.  Maybe I'll try that out if I bother leveling a character of the next two weeks.

So would it make sense to just take slicing while leveling and then switch to something else at max level?

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 08:22:43 PM

Yea it's easy, you just click the little 'X' next to the craft in the crew window. Then it goes "Are you SURE you want to remove this craft and lose all progress in it?" and you Y E S and done!

You have to type "Yes, I accept" exactly right, I hear.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: She's Crafty!  
Jump to: