Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Glitch Unlaunches 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glitch Unlaunches  (Read 5934 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

on: November 30, 2011, 11:54:47 AM

No really, that's what they're calling it. I'm not sure what exactly it means other than that they're staying open, but doing what sounds like a complete overhaul of the game.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 12:37:46 PM

Hopefully they'll add some kind of endgame. I had a lot of fun with it, then just got bored when the quests ran out and there wasn't anything left to do except wait another day or so for 1 new skill, unlocking 1 new quest.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 02:31:28 PM

Hopefully they'll add some kind of endgame. I had a lot of fun with it, then just got bored when the quests ran out and there wasn't anything left to do except wait another day or so for 1 new skill, unlocking 1 new quest.

I still check my Glitch daily to just keep the offline skill training going. The initial hook is fucking phenomenal for getting you into the world, but once you're in it and have built up some decent skills, there really isn't much to do (for an anti-social player such as myself, at least).

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 08:32:18 AM

Chalk me up as having leveled to 13 or so on quests and exploring, and then got bored.

Context:
- I was at the point where all future skills were going to take a day (or more) to learn.
- I did a handful of shrine donations to unlock skills.
- I had a ton of equipment for making food and other goods. I liked the mechanic where you harvest a baseline ingredient (allspice, cherry) and transmogrify it with a gadget in your inventory.
- I looked ahead and saw more of the same, and decided I'd done enough.
- I never bought a house though. I didn't yet have enough currency to buy any of the houses that I wanted.

In the article linked in the op, they say that they want to let players create new locations and buildings, etc, on their own. That sounds interesting, and I'll keep an eye out now.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 06:30:21 AM

I haven't played in weeks but I'm still learning the skills. It's painless!

I liked this game; I just wish there was more to it.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 06:17:02 PM

The game is shutting down December 9th.

http://www.glitch.com/closing/

This actually makes me really sad, the game was super inventive.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 07:56:15 PM

Just saw this news too.

It wasn't a game for me - after fiddling around with it for a few hours I logged off and never came back. Obviously a lot of people had a similar experience.

Yet another dead MMO to add to the pile for this year.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 08:48:58 PM

That's a shame; they had a really cool setting but not enough stuff to actually do. I played it a lot when I first found it, and still logged in every so often to queue up a skill or something but never really got back into it beyond that first week or so.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 03:39:54 AM

It was a nice platform, all it needed was a game to go along with it.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 07:25:27 AM

It was a nice platform, all it needed was a game to go along with it.
+1 It was nice and all, but I didn't get the point. If the point was to be social, I'll go have a beer with the neighbors.
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 08:10:17 PM

Art & Code from the Game Released into Public Domain

"The entire library of art assets from the game has been made freely available, dedicated to the public domain. Code from the game client is included to help developers work with the assets. All of it can be downloaded and used by anyone, for any purpose. (But: use it for good.)

Tiny Speck, Inc., the game’s developer, has relinquished its ownership of copyright over these 10,000+ assets in the hopes that they help others in their creative endeavours and build on Glitch’s legacy of simple fun, creativity and an appreciation for the preposterous. Go and make beautiful things.'

http://www.glitchthegame.com/public-domain-game-art/
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 05:24:14 PM

That's kind of cool. I loved the 50s modern sf arsthetic

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Glitch Unlaunches  
Jump to: