Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:30:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204377 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #420 on: June 01, 2012, 03:34:25 PM

I'm also not entirely convinced Corso wouldn't whip around and treat a woman like shit once they prove once and for all they're not a "lady." I mean, obviously he wouldn't because who the fuck would write that and actually put it in the game, but he definitely gives off a vibe of "nice pedestal you got there, be a shame if something were to happen to it" in some of his lines reacting to you shutting him down. Like the whole "you'll never find anyone who loves you like I do" scene was hugely creepy and vaguely threatening, and I can't decide if the writer realized it (it's the same woman who wrote DA2's Anders, who also takes rejection REALLY BADLY).

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: June 01, 2012, 04:06:02 PM

Corso seems like he'd never treat a woman like shit.  He'd just snap and murder her while loudly lamenting how she made him do it by disappointing him.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #422 on: June 01, 2012, 04:15:23 PM

Baby, I had to stop you from degrading yourself further, don't you know you're a lady?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #423 on: June 01, 2012, 04:17:30 PM

Also, I meant to reply to this:

Trooper Chapter 3, post Belsavis interlude, major light/dark decision.

Oh. My. Gods. I neither saw that coming nor knew how to handle it. I feel emotionally manipulated. Well played Bioware, well played.

I was so glad something like that happened because holy shit was I starting to get tired of the trooper storyline by then. Belsavis in particular is hugely boring.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #424 on: June 02, 2012, 10:24:26 PM

Speaking of the Trooper storyline:

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: June 03, 2012, 07:36:41 PM

You would be surprised at how many darkside options the other trooper companions happily sign off on.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #426 on: June 03, 2012, 09:09:50 PM

Yeah, often light side appears to be 'whichever option results in greatest number of survivors no matter their affiliation'. Some of the trooper companions rate personal/team loyalty a lot higher - particularly that cop from Psych.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #427 on: June 04, 2012, 01:59:02 AM

4X is pretty into following orders, too.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #428 on: June 04, 2012, 02:08:00 AM

Yeah 4X is basically "is this good for the republic yes/no" and awards his rep accordingly. The rest of them are varying degrees of that (Yuun is probably the most light-side idealist of them, then Dorne, then Aric). Vik's thing is more "whatever, Republic."

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: June 04, 2012, 02:16:11 PM

That's the thing in general with Trooper Light/Dark choices, MOST of them aren't simple "kick puppy off cliff for the giggles", there usually a debate of doing the 'Right' thing vs. doing the 'Smart' thing.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: June 07, 2012, 01:19:35 PM

Tanno Vik goes to Belsavis:

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #431 on: June 09, 2012, 02:25:54 PM

Another day, another finished character for Sjofn! This time it is Jovian, the sith inquisitor. I will spare you all the giant run down that I gave the IA, because that was way too damn wordy for something I don't think anyone actually reads. why so serious?

Jovian's main motivation was "fuck the Empire," which resulted in him being mainly light side, although he certainly picked his fair share of dark side shit (but one of his tradeskills was diplomacy, so he's Light V anyway). I really, really enjoyed the story though, although if you prefer your class storyline to have anything at all to do with the game's overall plot, the sith inquisitor is not for you. The sith inquisitor is too busy dealing with Sith Bullshit to worry about the Republic.

I WILL do a companion run down:

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: June 09, 2012, 08:17:29 PM

I read them!

Mostly agree with your rankings, but Khem is down there with Andronikos for me.  Maybe I should get his affection up to see that story, but you make me think I'll actually hate where it ends up.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: June 09, 2012, 08:18:08 PM

Khem is awesome and I  Heart him but I'm not very far along.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #434 on: June 09, 2012, 08:27:26 PM

I read them too. And I liked that one.

I've got to stop playing this damn zombie game and get back into TOR.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #435 on: June 09, 2012, 10:09:14 PM

Maybe I should get his affection up to see that story, but you make me think I'll actually hate where it ends up.

You won't.

EDIT: Also maybe I'll do a chapter run down later then, since I have been REASSURED I am LOVED.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:18:45 PM by Sjofn »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: June 09, 2012, 10:28:07 PM

I don't read them, so nyah!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #437 on: June 09, 2012, 11:14:35 PM

You hear my storyline rambling in real time, though.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #438 on: June 10, 2012, 03:46:20 AM

Warning: I am pretty sure I have the first two chunks safely squared away time-line-wise (I even have some of chapter one actually in the chapter two section to make ABSOLUTE CERTAIN), but chapters two and three kind of blur together, as they have the same issue the consular has, in that it feels less like OKAY CHAPTER THREE NOW and more like OKAY ON TO CHAPTER 2-B. I may be fucking some of it up, especially since, like Joshua before him, Jovian had a two month break between landing on Belsavis and actually doing Belsavis. Then I took yet another break before digging into Voss. So um. Sorry if I ruin anything.

Prologue:

Chapter One:

Chapter Two:

Chapter Three:

And in case you're wondering, this is how Khem's thing shook out, don't read unless you finished chapter 1 completely, although it's not possible to actually finish before you finish the class story completely:

God, that was even longer than the IA one, I think.  ACK!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:00:10 AM by Sjofn »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: June 10, 2012, 06:57:50 AM

Too many awesome bits to quote, so I'll sum it up:

Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #440 on: June 10, 2012, 11:04:28 AM

Aw, thanks.  Heart

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: June 11, 2012, 02:46:59 AM

Must get back to playing my Inquisitor. What's killing me is the gameplay - I just don't think I like lightsabers much.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: June 11, 2012, 09:53:57 AM

Second the love for Talos, he had that chipper British explorer vibe going. I really disliked Ashara's recruitment, as nothing that happened really seemed to prevent her from going back to the order even though they set her up as as prideful hothead. As a darkside sorc, Khem was fun, cheering on all my be mean to everyone choices. Andronikus was meh and Xalek just comes so late there wasn't much time to do anything with him. There's only like two dailies that even give him affection and I was eager to move on to another character and they only now got around to getting +shield to work on the light armor "tank".

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #443 on: June 11, 2012, 03:22:48 PM

With Ashara, her recruitment definitely could've been done better, but I think deep down she just didn't want to go back. She's definitely trying to have her cake and eat it too.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #444 on: June 11, 2012, 06:59:39 PM

So hey! Remember how I leveled a jedi consular first? And I had a companion named Qyzen I didn't get along with very well, because he hates orphans? I finally decided to finish off his story, five months later.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #445 on: June 11, 2012, 08:41:35 PM

Your joy of roleplaying your characters gives me a Gene-Wilder-esque Wonka-grin. But not as creepy. Just happily bemused.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #446 on: June 11, 2012, 09:00:45 PM

Your joy of roleplaying your characters gives me a Gene-Wilder-esque Wonka-grin. But not as creepy. Just happily bemused.

This.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #447 on: June 11, 2012, 10:03:05 PM

Thanks! It makes it more fun to play, and then later more fun to write about. Why I feel compelled to write about it is anyone's guess, but I'm glad people like to read it!

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #448 on: June 14, 2012, 03:41:34 AM

The SI storyline is just crammed with fun details. A favorite of mine that Sjofn didn't mention is that you get your own

And finishing the Khem storyline makes for a really good epilogue to the main plot.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: June 14, 2012, 01:20:07 PM

Finished Trooper off last night - probably overall the least impressive of the stories I've done. It is very straightforward and predictable, just a lot of hoo-rah let's go on a mission stuff for the most part.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: June 14, 2012, 01:34:39 PM

The best thing about the trooper story is Mr. Roboto and his various escapades.  awesome, for real

What's definitely NOT awesome is having to lug Elara around everywhere (if you're a vanguard).

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: June 14, 2012, 01:36:08 PM

I was a healing commando, so I mostly used 4X and Vik. And yeah 4X's conversations are indeed great.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: June 16, 2012, 07:26:08 AM

Working on my trooper as well, 4X is a trip.  If I could get him saying "filthy Imps," he'd replace Elara in a heartbeat.   awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #453 on: June 16, 2012, 02:22:02 PM

His battlecries are delightful. <3

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: June 20, 2012, 01:47:14 PM

Finished my agent's story the other night. Female agent, mostly took light choices since my previous chars went dark. Tried to play her like Bond. Decent enough person for the profession, but I'll kill you if I have to, and overcoming problems with 1. sex, 2. talk, 3. violence

spoilers

I'm hoping to finally do a republic char before my sub runs out. Started a trooper, but it's femshep's voice. I'm still disappointed in you ME3, why you gotta be in my star wars?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: