Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:13:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204328 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #385 on: May 09, 2012, 09:06:35 PM

Agreed. I keep trying to go back, but all I want to do is

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #386 on: May 09, 2012, 09:15:05 PM

I like his voice actor but yeah, it's just all so dull.  Heartbreak

God Save the Horn Players
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: May 10, 2012, 06:35:13 AM

I made it through so I feel for you.

Having Quinn did not help matters.  I kept trying to kick him off my ship but the game wouldn't let me.  Thankfully I have Zombie Quinn now, so he's barely tolerable in that I like to pretend I killed him then kept his force-animated corpse around to amuse myself.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #388 on: May 10, 2012, 07:55:27 AM

I'm still on Corusant on my Smuggler, but

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #389 on: May 10, 2012, 01:36:39 PM

I made it through so I feel for you.

Having Quinn did not help matters.  I kept trying to kick him off my ship but the game wouldn't let me.  Thankfully I have Zombie Quinn now, so he's barely tolerable in that I like to pretend I killed him then kept his force-animated corpse around to amuse myself.

I find Quinn far too dull to have strong feelings about one way or another. Yeah, he's a suck up, but Livia sort of expects that (she's an AWESOME SITH PURE BLOOD, of course losers are going to suck up to her!), and someone being all WOO EMPIRE doesn't really bother me (I love Talos as hard as I can, and he loves the Empire, after all). He's just sort of there. Soooo ... so far, I find that people having strong feelings for him (he seems pretty divisive on the SWTOR forums, much like Corso, in that people either really love him or really hate him) is kinda surprising.

I ... I think I started the romance? Possibly? I honestly can't tell. Which ... well, we'll see, I guess. For SCIENCE. He can't be worse than Corso. It is impossible. But I can't say I especially go for dudes who are that submissive, so I am pretty sure it's not going to do much for me. :P

Jaessa stuff, I guess:

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #390 on: May 10, 2012, 01:38:01 PM

I'm still on Corusant on my Smuggler, but

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #391 on: May 11, 2012, 09:13:43 PM

Corso, possibly the FINAL CHAPTER, I'm not sure:

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #392 on: May 11, 2012, 09:19:22 PM

OH FUCK I WAS WRONG

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #393 on: May 12, 2012, 06:06:47 PM

FINISHED

THE END

EDIT: Also, I finally remembered to look, I am using Corso #5. And Risha #6. And Bowdaar #3, for silly puffy wookiee vest action.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:10:51 PM by Sjofn »

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: May 12, 2012, 07:43:35 PM

Not reading Sjofn's tale of Corso yet, as my FemSmuggler is only 1/3rd into Belsavius (and only 5k with Corso).   Ohhhhh, I see.

The storylines have really impressed me.  In order of favoriteness thus far...

- Agent (lightside)
- Smuggler (lightside)
- Inquisitor (darkside)
- Trooper (?)
- Bounty Hunter (neutral)
- Jedi Knight (lightside)

Need to play:

- Agent (darkside)
- Trooper (darkside)
- Warrior (TBD)
- Consular (darkside)

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #395 on: May 13, 2012, 12:13:57 AM

Agent (light side!) is probably my favorite thus far too. I also really, really like the SI one (also light side... ish) that I keep putting off finishing for no good reason. BH is the only one left I've done basically nothing of, no idea when I'll actually get around to it.  why so serious?

I like being Republic better than Empire, even though I like the IA and SI stories better than anything on the Republic side, because the planet quest dark side/light side is usually less ... I don't know. Doofy? Empire side it's too often dark side = twirl mustache versus light side = twirl mustache less vigorously for my tastes, while Republic feels more often pragmatic (DS) versus idealist (LS).

Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:47:09 AM by Sjofn »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: May 13, 2012, 12:39:12 AM

Makes sense to me.

I find I just start to roll my eyes whenever I have to deal with large amounts of Jedi Bullshit, Sith Stupidity or General Empire vindictiveness. The only redeeming part about the Empire for me, is it's at least HONEST with itself... but I am constantly wishing I could say, skip everything BUT my Agents class story. I have just run out of fucks to give with the Empire shared story.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #397 on: May 13, 2012, 12:48:15 AM

I mean, there is some "kick puppy y/n" for the Republic too, of course, but generally the LS choice is "hug puppy" instead of "give puppy a light tap with your toe."

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: May 13, 2012, 01:24:03 AM

That was my experience too [republic trooper/consular, imperial agent]. Republic LS/DS choices are more like paragon/renegade (with some 'doing this bad thing for The Greater Good' sprinkled in), while imperial LS/DS choices are about murdering people quickly vs. torturing them to death.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: May 13, 2012, 05:49:50 AM

Sith Warrior story had some of the better dialogue one-liners sprinkled throughout, but the plot was somewhat bland I thought.  I played light-side, which made Vette like me.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #400 on: May 13, 2012, 07:06:43 AM

Vette kinda likes my SW, but she balks whenever Threnody talks about herself like she's the shit. Which she obviously is, so I don't know what Vette's getting so upset about.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #401 on: May 13, 2012, 10:50:30 AM

Ha, I have the same relationship with Vette. She mostly likes Livia, but she doesn't seem to appreciate when Livia lets everyone know how awesome she is. But Livia is awesome, so suck it up, Vette.

Livia also has a "give them one chance to surrender/leave/rethink the error of their ways" policy. If they don't take the one chance, Livia kills them. So far she's only had one NPC realize they should probably take that chance and run with it. Why don't they learn? Whyyyyyy?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: May 13, 2012, 08:43:26 PM

They don't learn because you kill them.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #403 on: May 13, 2012, 09:01:54 PM

Shhhhh, don't point out the flaw in her plan!

Also one last Corso thing I totally swear. It is one of his letters. It's ... here:

GET OFF MY SHIP

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: May 13, 2012, 09:04:58 PM

Shhhhh, don't point out the flaw in her plan!

Also one last Corso thing I totally swear. It is one of his letters. It's ... here:

GET OFF MY SHIP

Awww, that's really sweet.  That's from Corso's 6 year old nephew, right?   awesome, for real

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #405 on: May 13, 2012, 09:24:16 PM

He's really SUCH a DORK. And I normally love dorks. But he is the BAD KIND of dork.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: May 15, 2012, 01:59:12 PM

That poem was just lame until the end. He knows he's a parody of himself, right?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #407 on: May 15, 2012, 02:12:03 PM

I wish Kalah could go back in time and set him up with (mid-way Smuggler Act 1)

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #408 on: May 31, 2012, 02:32:52 PM

So I made a man smuggler and my GOODNESS is it way more fun than being a lady smuggler, and it is entirely because I don't have Corso interested in getting into my pants. I still hate him (he gives me +15s for flirting with women until I sleep with them, then I get a minus, I assume because I am treating them like a whooooooore because LADIES don't want to have SEX just for FUN. And my dude smuggler NEVER EVER pretends it's more than just for fun to get these ladies into bed!) but at least I won't have a romance with him.

I did realize at one point that when I am playing this dude smuggler, I am essentially playing Doc. And I love Doc. So that probably ups the Man Smuggler score too.  Heart

AND I get to flirt with ~Risha~. Did I mention I love Risha? I love Risha.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: May 31, 2012, 02:34:39 PM

I have a female Jugg I am working on and I wish I could burn all of Quinn's files from my game.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #410 on: May 31, 2012, 02:54:52 PM

Like I said earlier, I find Quinn just way too bland to hate. Same reason I don't hate Andronikos. He's just way too boring for me to care about one way or the other.

But we've only just finished Tatooine, so maybe he ramps up to something on Alderaan or something. But right now? Zzzzzz. I almost hope he becomes hateful (but not like ... Corso-level hateful) just for something interesting to exist for my poor sith warrior.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: May 31, 2012, 04:11:31 PM

I have a female Jugg I am working on and I wish I could burn all of Quinn's files from my game.
Zombie Quinn is tolerable.  I'd still like to burn him though.  Or put a saber through his head.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: May 31, 2012, 04:55:42 PM

AND I get to flirt with ~Risha~. Did I mention I love Risha? I love Risha.

I just wrapped her story with a female smuggler - she's a card.  And I was wondering how her story would change if there was the male romance element involved too...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #413 on: May 31, 2012, 05:06:45 PM

I totally wondered that myself. I will find out.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #414 on: May 31, 2012, 08:02:17 PM

I'm enjoying playing a Male Smuggler but Corso getting mad when I act like a smuggler when he worked for you know, a smuggler for years kinda chaps my ass.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: June 01, 2012, 02:12:21 AM

Trooper Chapter 3, post Belsavis interlude, major light/dark decision.

Oh. My. Gods. I neither saw that coming nor knew how to handle it. I feel emotionally manipulated. Well played Bioware, well played.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #416 on: June 01, 2012, 06:30:07 AM

I'm enjoying playing a Male Smuggler but Corso getting mad when I act like a smuggler when he worked for you know, a smuggler for years kinda chaps my ass.

His old boss knew the power of gifts.

"What? How dare you speak rudely to the woman who just shot at you? I can't allow-- Oooh, shinies!"
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #417 on: June 01, 2012, 07:37:11 AM

I liked how:

I'm not up on my feminist dialectic but what would you call a misogynist who infantilizes women but doesn't treat them like shit?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:39:19 AM by Fabricated »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #418 on: June 01, 2012, 07:43:40 AM

I'm not sure if there's an Official Term for that specific type of sexist fuckwit (the closest I can think of is the Nice Guy, but that's not precisely what Corso is), but in my heart they will be called "Corsos" from now on.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: June 01, 2012, 08:14:11 AM

Pedestal-pusher?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: