Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 10:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 205654 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: January 23, 2012, 03:21:32 PM

Best part of the whole planet.  And I liked Voss overall, actually.  Although the end was a little flat.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #316 on: January 27, 2012, 03:38:38 AM

IA/consular crossover?! (IA Balmorra story, late consular companion)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:40:59 AM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: January 27, 2012, 12:50:43 PM

Over and out.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #318 on: January 27, 2012, 01:09:18 PM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #319 on: January 31, 2012, 03:26:39 PM

Jovian finally got his healing companion!

General companiony crap about him and Jovian's sort-of girlfriend, and act 2 shit:

He's about to start Belsavis but. Nngh. I hate Belsavis. I want to fast forward to Voss.  Heartbreak

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: February 01, 2012, 11:24:03 AM

Jovian finally got his healing companion!

General companiony crap about him and Jovian's sort-of girlfriend, and act 2 shit:

He's about to start Belsavis but. Nngh. I hate Belsavis. I want to fast forward to Voss.  Heartbreak

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #321 on: February 01, 2012, 02:15:48 PM

Hmph!

Inquisitor shit:

Jedi Knight Lady Romance Shit:

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:18 PM

Sith Warrior gets mind numbingly boring on Hoth. I'm back to skipping all the dialogue so I won't fall asleep.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #323 on: February 02, 2012, 02:23:29 AM

Yeah, but hang in there. Once you are done with Hoth the dull part of your story is over.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #324 on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:19 PM

Act Two Imperial Agent, with teeny mentions of Inquisitor Act 2:

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #325 on: February 12, 2012, 02:33:33 AM

Yes, I am spamming this thread today.

Lollerskates @ Ashara (relationship crap):

In other news, Jovian's TRUE love, Talos, continues to be so fucking adorable I could scream. They should run away together.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #326 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:08 PM

FINALLY.

Doc romance blah blah:

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: February 29, 2012, 08:37:42 AM

Sith Warrior storyline, Chapter 3, Corellia:  MASSIVE SPOILERS -- DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: February 29, 2012, 08:57:11 AM

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: February 29, 2012, 09:18:23 AM

Sith Warrior storyline, Chapter 3, Corellia:  MASSIVE SPOILERS -- DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW

It's a holdover from when you could permanently kill companions.  At the very very least they should have let you put Vette's old shock collar on him to keep him in line.

I am the .00000001428%
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #330 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22:09 AM

I leveled my SW before the responsiveness fix, so it may be easier now, but some of the later fights were... frustrating. I made Sky sad with a bit of a rant about one in particular.

Completely agree with your last point though Lantyssa.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22:18 AM

That I'd be okay with.  As it stands?  No.  I'll resent it every time I'm reminded of it, which will be several times a play session.

I guessed at the reasoning, but because of those design changes, it takes a dramatic moment near the end of your story and makes it stupid and aggravating.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #332 on: February 29, 2012, 10:55:42 AM

There are a number of spots like that in various storylines - Jedi Knight has a couple spots where it is obvious you could lose a companion at one point - you can tell it was pretty late in the game that they had to remove that.

Players in the beta cried up a storm apparently when they realized they couldn't replace companions they killed. Maybe once they add more companions they can go back and put permanent companion loss back in or something.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #333 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:10 AM

At the very very least they should have let you put Vette's old shock collar on him to keep him in line.
Slave keeps its collar and shuts its damned mouth.

Hell, I slap her when she does her area commentary.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #334 on: February 29, 2012, 04:46:38 PM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #335 on: February 29, 2012, 07:23:12 PM

There are a number of spots like that in various storylines - Jedi Knight has a couple spots where it is obvious you could lose a companion at one point - you can tell it was pretty late in the game that they had to remove that.

Players in the beta cried up a storm apparently when they realized they couldn't replace companions they killed. Maybe once they add more companions they can go back and put permanent companion loss back in or something.

Trooper and consular have spots like that too, yeah. Although not really as "zomg" as the SW one.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:26:10 PM by Sjofn »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #336 on: March 05, 2012, 01:52:44 PM

I'm bored, so I am going to do a COMPANION RUN DOWN of my lady jedi knight and my gentleman trooper companions. I would do the IA and inquisitor too, but they're both still one companion shy because the pace at which they get companions is fucking retarded, and my dudes are still stuck on Belsavis (although my IA is close to the end, finally).

JEDI KNIGHT COMPANIONS

TROOPER COMPANIONS

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: March 05, 2012, 02:00:48 PM

Those are the same two classes I have with all their companions, and I agree with your findings.  Though I haven't really done any romance stuff.... YET.  Thus my Jedi ranking is slightly different:

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #338 on: March 05, 2012, 02:38:36 PM

I think part of the reason T7 ranked so "low" for me is because I hauled around Kira until I got Doc, so he wound up being sort of forgotten in the hold of my ship. I liked talking to him, and he is totally adorable, but he didn't have much to add on his own once he got shackled to my crafting table. And Lord Spoiler is just such a huge, hilarious bitch sometimes if you're hauling him around on Corellia, I found myself pretty fond of him.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: March 05, 2012, 04:03:30 PM

While we are on companions, Xalek doesn't get enough press for the inquisitor.

Kind of like a less annoying version of Sten.

Almost all his responses are one word or less, but with every word you can feel him seething at the idiocy of everyone around him, and after 40+ levels of Imperial strategy & the incessant bullshit of Khem, Andro, and Ashara you can kind of see his point, so he comes across as entirely the most grounded individual you will meet no matter how much he likes kicking puppies.

Talos remains femquisitor's one true love, but Xalek easily supplants Ashara as first alternate companion.

Oh btw, you don't get him till the end of...  .... seriously...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:06:15 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #340 on: March 05, 2012, 04:30:03 PM

I like all the comps for BH. Blizz is hilarious - always sounds like he has something urgent to say, then I click the chat box over and it's "Boss need Blizz, YAY!" or something. Gault is me in a character. His tone, his one liners, his flippant attitude. If he was a healer, I'd have him out all the time. Skag is your typical bouncer type *yawn*. Torian is cool for the "honorable one" but his lack of using nouns to construct a sentence grates on my nerves at times. IT IS "I AM GOING TO GO ON A HUNT. I'LL SEE YOU IN A MINUTE" not 'going on a hunt. back soon.'  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #341 on: March 05, 2012, 06:40:40 PM

Talos remains femquisitor's one true love, but Xalek easily supplants Ashara as first alternate companion.

Oh btw, you don't get him till the end of...  .... seriously...

Yeah, I knew that, it's just ridiculous. I don't understand wtf they were thinking with that.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: March 06, 2012, 11:30:09 AM

Pacing for the Inquisitor is all wrong, throughout the game, compared to the Warrior.  It was a stark contrast running through everything with one.

There were others, but those three stood out the most.  I can't think of any instance in which the Warrior had it worse than the Inquisitor.

When you get Xalek is just stupidly late, too.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: March 06, 2012, 11:45:37 AM

My Jugg, on the other hand, is slower but just plods through stuff...and he zipped ahead a bit and got his healing companion around level 20.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #344 on: March 06, 2012, 05:13:46 PM

If it helps, once my manquisitor got his second companion, things picked up considerably. And while I wanted my healer earlier even so, I didn't need him as much as I was afraid I would. I specced tanky, though, a DPS assassin might just be fucked.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: March 07, 2012, 03:17:44 AM

So I started my Jedi Knight, and reached Coruscant.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:14:29 AM by eldaec »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: March 07, 2012, 03:35:47 AM

If it helps, once my manquisitor got his second companion, things picked up considerably. And while I wanted my healer earlier even so, I didn't need him as much as I was afraid I would. I specced tanky, though, a DPS assassin might just be fucked.

Khem is ok, its a headache on the major boss fights, but get within a couple of levels of the boss and you are fine.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:07:07 AM by eldaec »

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: March 07, 2012, 04:35:50 AM

I played so long ago I don't remember, unfortunately, but I did have her in orange pants eventually.  You may just have to keep using green ones till you find a pair on the AH (crafted).  I think Nar Shadaa has the orange shirt and headband (for cash), and the Alderaan Noble social armor has good looking orange pants (though you may have to un-mod it to bring it down to equippable at 14).
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: March 07, 2012, 04:42:53 AM

If green pants exist that might not be a disaster, they don't on the empire side.

This is my first republic dude so I have no cash for trade network oranges.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: March 07, 2012, 07:06:16 AM

So much for annotating spoilers.  Ohhhhh, I see.

You can get orange space pants easily. That's what my Shadow is wearing.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:12:39 AM by Sky »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: