Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:30:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204303 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #280 on: January 15, 2012, 12:37:45 PM

My manquisitor would definitely like his healer sooner rather than later. I picked up biochem on him to help ease the pain. :P

Speaking of Jovian:

God Save the Horn Players
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: January 15, 2012, 01:52:07 PM

Also, not that impressed with the end of act 2

The Lord of the Land approaches..
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #282 on: January 15, 2012, 02:24:48 PM

I think the real problem with the companions is simply that their combat roles are not balanced at all, so for most builds the heal companion is easymode and everyone else is useless. If that weren't the case, the odd distribution of companions wouldn't bother people as much.

Best idea I heard so far: Allow the players to "respec" any companion we have into any of the 3 main combat roles. I doubt it would break the RP aspect if your DPS companion learned how to sling medkits and got a lower damage output to compensate.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #283 on: January 15, 2012, 02:29:15 PM

I think the real problem with the companions is simply that their combat roles are not balanced at all, so for most builds the heal companion is easymode and everyone else is useless. If that weren't the case, the odd distribution of companions wouldn't bother people as much.

Best idea I heard so far: Allow the players to "respec" any companion we have into any of the 3 main combat roles. I doubt it would break the RP aspect if your DPS companion learned how to sling medkits and got a lower damage output to compensate.

In my opinion, SW and JK classes should have a healbot as the first pet, then a ranged damage dealer. JC and SI should have the tank pet then a damage dealer pet. IA and Smug you can flip a coin with but I'd guess a tank pet then a healbot, and the BH / Trooper should get the tank then healbot. Though, seeing a Jawa that early in the game for BH might be a little breaking and way OP.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #284 on: January 15, 2012, 02:38:20 PM

JC and SI should have the tank pet then a damage dealer pet.
Except, you know, half of them can do damage and/or tank themselves, but can't heal.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #285 on: January 15, 2012, 02:52:37 PM

Yeah I'd do tank -> healer -> ranged DPS for consular/inquisitor, personally, although healer -> tank -> deepz works too, of course.

God Save the Horn Players
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #286 on: January 15, 2012, 03:16:00 PM

I dunno, DPS -> Healer for Marauder has worked pretty well.  I don't even pull out Malvai because his healing is < the output of most mobs so the extra DPS from Vette is better to use.  I was getting swarmed and things were taking too long to kill when I had him out.

Some segment of it has to be personal playstyle; which is another argument in favor of 'let me spec my companions'

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: January 15, 2012, 05:18:30 PM

Yeah I didn't realize how much I was depending on Vette's DPS skills until I took Quinn out a couple of times. The healing was nice but it was taking me absolutely forever to kill anything. Better to end up at a quarter health and need to use my self-heal than to take that long to finish a fight.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: January 16, 2012, 10:11:07 AM

Lt. Boyfriend must've felt my RAEG, because suddenly I have a letter from him! Not sure why he took longer to write me than Kira took to write Ingmar, as I was up in what I assume is the letter zone a while ago. Maybe he just needed time to get over my cruel rejection of his proposal?  why so serious?

The gift was just a level 1 purple gift, which will be nice for an alt, but not much use for Siala. The important thing was the letter, though, that was the part I was pissy about. SO. Marriage is not the "win condition" of the romances after all, which makes me happy.

Source: http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/01/16
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: January 16, 2012, 12:53:34 PM

So far, the sith warrior story has been *YAWN!* but I must say,

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: January 16, 2012, 01:06:45 PM

For me, the Sith Warrior story has been entirely awesome so far.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: January 16, 2012, 02:26:58 PM

End of inquisitor Belavis had me a bit confused.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: January 16, 2012, 03:08:38 PM

That's really odd. Maybe Bioware just typed it backwards?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #293 on: January 16, 2012, 04:00:03 PM

The obvious conculsion would seem to be that

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: January 16, 2012, 04:17:55 PM

SI Belsavis

The Lord of the Land approaches..
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: January 16, 2012, 05:37:59 PM

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:41:38 PM by tmp »
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: January 17, 2012, 11:39:10 AM

Just starting out on my manwhore gunslinger...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: January 17, 2012, 11:42:47 AM

I am really enjoying the smuggler storyline so far (just started Nar Shaddaa). It doesn't have the 'important shit is happening to the galaxy' impact of the JK line, but that's OK.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #298 on: January 17, 2012, 11:50:12 AM

Great idea.

So great it was the system that was in last year when I first started playing close attention to development. I really wish they had kept some semblence, though I can imagine why they changed it (gearing would get even more convoluted...) Would've been nice to have shared the story with someone besides Mako, I barely know any of the characters on my ship and they all have their starter gear.
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: January 17, 2012, 11:53:06 AM

I am really enjoying the smuggler storyline so far (just started Nar Shaddaa). It doesn't have the 'important shit is happening to the galaxy' impact of the JK line, but that's OK.

EXACTLY. That is why it is fun as hell... I just got to Taris and I still get the old "SAVE US!! YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE!" quests... but the story arc is much more "internal." I like that.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: January 17, 2012, 12:00:58 PM

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #301 on: January 17, 2012, 12:09:11 PM

EXACTLY. That is why it is fun as hell... I just got to Taris and I still get the old "SAVE US!! YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE!" quests... but the story arc is much more "internal." I like that.
One of the nice things with the BH line is a lot of "Woah, I'm not an Imperial, buddy. Can you afford me?" stuff.
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: January 17, 2012, 01:26:51 PM

One of the nice things with the BH line is a lot of "Woah, I'm not an Imperial, buddy. Can you afford me?" stuff.

Yeah, that was really appealing. Really made it "feel" as though you were truly a hired gun getting mixed up in shit along with your own god damn worries.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: January 17, 2012, 04:04:28 PM

Plus a lot of the smuggler dialogue choices are  awesome, for real, and let you keep that sense of "Republic, I guess I'll help these schmucks, but I got my own shit to deal with too."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #304 on: January 19, 2012, 04:35:55 AM

I got Jaesa Williams last night - (Thanks again for the help with that!)

She's quite the little psycho.  Fits the dark side Sith Warrior quite nicely but.. my god she's crazy.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: January 19, 2012, 06:08:24 AM

I completely skipped Taris and went straight to Nar Shaddaa last night and did only the class line to grab Bowdarr, seeing as I only seem to want to stab Corso in the eyes every chance I get. Interestingly, the fights were actually fights given that I was a level below or even with the mobs and it was for the most part quite enjoyable, rather than the facerolling through stuff I am out leveled for. That said, now I have to go back and do Taris with my wookie. That should be a hoot.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #306 on: January 19, 2012, 06:43:05 AM

Trooper Storyline:

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: January 19, 2012, 07:01:28 AM

Plus a lot of the smuggler dialogue choices are  awesome, for real, and let you keep that sense of "Republic, I guess I'll help these schmucks, but I got my own shit to deal with too."

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: January 19, 2012, 07:07:46 AM

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: January 19, 2012, 10:59:01 AM

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: January 19, 2012, 02:00:48 PM

I got Jaesa Williams last night - (Thanks again for the help with that!)

She's quite the little psycho.  Fits the dark side Sith Warrior quite nicely but.. my god she's crazy.

Yeah, I have Apprentice Envy now.  Ashara doesn't seem to fit into my happy band of psychos too well.  I know they need options for light side leaning Inquisitors, but...I was hoping to corrupt a Jedi and turn them into a psychopath.  Oh well, can look forward to it when I level a Warrior alt. 
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: January 23, 2012, 01:09:08 PM

Hmm, ran into an oddity in the consular storyline, in act 3 on Voss. Wondering if that's a bug or cut content?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: January 23, 2012, 01:10:46 PM

It is a narrative 'oops' but you didn't get shut out of anything.

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: January 23, 2012, 01:31:17 PM

Ahh cool; i'll take a break with the storyline then and see if i can get them done, pretending the story update doesn't happen until then why so serious?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: January 23, 2012, 01:32:12 PM

They're a total trip and worth doing for sure.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: