Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204319 times)
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: January 05, 2012, 10:06:40 AM

I wouldn't bother even trying to question the logic of that particular choice. It's utter garbage, and is only there because each zone must have a light / dark side option apparently.

There's quit a few like that sprinkled throughout the game and it's quite jarring to come across them because they are so obviously completely bloody stupid.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #176 on: January 05, 2012, 10:34:57 AM

How in god's name do I get dark side points for shooting at the aggressors?
You instigate open hostilities with political 'superpower' entity you have truce with and who isn't attacking you (the planet isn't part of the Empire) effectively providing a potential pretext for starting Star Wars equivalent of world war 3 (where it can be avoided) For what's worth, it's viewed the same if you do it on the republic side.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:37:18 AM by tmp »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: January 05, 2012, 10:38:08 AM

How in god's name do I get dark side points for shooting at the aggressors?
You instigate open hostilities with political 'superpower' entity you have truce with, effectively providing a potential pretext for starting Star Wars equivalent of world war 3 (where it can be avoided) For what's worth, it's viewed the same if you do it on the republic side.

By that point in the story on both sides I believe the truce has been broken by the "other" side. They actually really get strange about the truce, since it shows up and leaves completely at random. I know at one point in my plot line someone offhandedly remarks "oh guess what, we just declared war again" and does something, and this is never ever mentioned again. In the next scene everyone is acting really worried that their actions will violate the truce that I was just told was gone.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #178 on: January 05, 2012, 10:48:48 AM

I have been Dark Side V since level 22ish. I can not bring myself to ever select a light side option now. I AM IN TOO DEEP! I just keep adding to the body count and someday, the Council will know my name is the Lord!  why so serious?

You must run a lot of flashpoints or something?  At 31 my Shadow is only Dark III and I've taken all dark options every time it's an option.

I farmed Esseles for 250 dark side points a run... for a lot of runs.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: January 05, 2012, 04:07:35 PM

By that point in the story on both sides I believe the truce has been broken by the "other" side.
It comes at roughly the same time the start of consular act 2 happens and i'm not sure, it generally feels like there's hostilities here and there but when they break out the officials on the top on both sides insist it's been some 'rebel offshots' and whatnot -- neither side seems keen to actually declare "to hell with it and now you die", which can make some sense given the Republic situation but for the Empire i dunno. But then the farthest i followed their storylines so far was agent landing on Balmorra.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #180 on: January 06, 2012, 12:24:22 PM

Without reading the thread, can someone reassure me that Corso Riggs becomes useful or interesting at SOME POINT?  Or can I look forward to better companions? 
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #181 on: January 06, 2012, 12:35:49 PM

Oh, I think you need to read the thread with regards to Corso Riggs.  why so serious?

In fact, spoilery-ish crap that is NON-romance related:

If you don't mind Goddamn Wookiee Speak, Bowdaar isn't bad, though. I still haven't managed to claw along to get Companion Three, but she seems pretty awesome (as I've talked her a couple of times, she just isnt a COMPANION yet). Soloing as a gunslinger sucks.

God Save the Horn Players
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: January 06, 2012, 12:46:32 PM

Soloing as a gunslinger sucks.
Soloing as sniper with Kaliyo is on the other hand Heart  At least at the early levels, literally headshotting regular mobs on the spot from full health to zero just doesn't get old.

And my rifle is as long as my sniper is tall Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #183 on: January 06, 2012, 12:47:51 PM

Hmm, should be about the same, you both have a tank companion and are both the pure DPS AC.  Head scratch

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #184 on: January 06, 2012, 12:52:03 PM

It didn't start to really suck until mid-20's for me. It's also possible I am simply terrible.

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: January 06, 2012, 12:54:16 PM

Yeah mechanically i suspect it's similar but dunno, maybe it's just something about the sniper that makes it awesome.

Like not having Corso Riggs. why so serious?
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: January 06, 2012, 12:54:26 PM

Hmm, should be about the same, you both have a tank companion and are both the pure DPS AC.  Head scratch

It may have to do with the mobs in question, too. I found the BH starter planet a lot easier than the Trooper starter.

Gunslinger shouldn't have issues until 30+ though imo. I can't think of anything I was struggling to heal through before Voss. Voss is what made me think "gunslingers are supposed to deal with this fight.. how?"
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #187 on: January 06, 2012, 12:57:00 PM

The last fight on Tatooine, I had to call in my sister to help (two gold stars, although one was CC'd for most of the fight). I just could not kill the sith gold star before she killed Corso, and then whelp, too fucking bad for me.

EDIT: And even on the stuff where I'm not technically having "trouble," I have a lot more damn downtime because I have to "drink" after most fights.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: January 06, 2012, 01:09:54 PM

The last fight on Tatooine, I had to call in my sister to help (two gold stars, although one was CC'd for most of the fight). I just could not kill the sith gold star before she killed Corso, and then whelp, too fucking bad for me.

EDIT: And even on the stuff where I'm not technically having "trouble," I have a lot more damn downtime because I have to "drink" after most fights.

My scoundrel enlisted help for that fight as well. Healing doesn't help, it's just a really crazy fight. I hear the soloing trick is to actually passive your companion and let the jedi get some crazy threat lead and "tank" for you.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: January 06, 2012, 01:12:35 PM

I find in quite a few fights it's better to switch off the auto from companion's taunt ability and handle that manually. Can spread the incoming damage better that way and the companion doesn't just keep taunting until it literally kills them (taking out the dps that'd otherwise win the fight)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #190 on: January 06, 2012, 02:06:47 PM

Oh CORSO.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: January 06, 2012, 02:15:14 PM

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:20:55 PM by kildorn »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #192 on: January 06, 2012, 02:18:09 PM

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: January 06, 2012, 06:51:57 PM

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #194 on: January 07, 2012, 01:01:34 AM

End of Chapter 3 for the Consular, although I'm mostly avoiding talking in specifics:

Consular companion nattering:

I SHOULD do my smuggler next in order to continue the Corso Chronicles, but I think my trooper (who is the same level as her now) is going to be next.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:14:20 AM by Sjofn »

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: January 08, 2012, 12:32:56 PM

Consular companion nattering:

[snip]
(minor consular act 2 spoilers)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:35:20 PM by Zetor »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #196 on: January 08, 2012, 01:39:10 PM

Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: January 08, 2012, 02:10:32 PM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: January 09, 2012, 02:42:09 AM

Act 1 end for the Agent broke any motivation I had to play her. I'm now playing a trooper and beeing a good little soldier picking all the light side choices, even when dark side is the obvious one  Ohhhhh, I see.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: January 09, 2012, 04:45:23 AM

The last fight on Tatooine is pretty much impossible for any smuggler no matter what the spec. Nobody I know has been able to solo it: there's a constant stream of smugglers asking for help with it in chat.

As for later smuggler fun, maybe some of you have noticed the non-interactable green character in your XS medical bay? The one who has been there pretty much since Nar Shaddaa? Named "Ivory"? Well, eventually he shows up in the plot...at Belsavis. But not on your ship. Wow, that's a silly bug.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: January 09, 2012, 04:54:54 AM

The last fight on Tatooine is pretty much impossible for any smuggler no matter what the spec. Nobody I know has been able to solo it: there's a constant stream of smugglers asking for help with it in chat.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: January 09, 2012, 05:02:37 AM

Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: January 09, 2012, 06:18:35 AM

Since I couldn't talk with Sjofn last night in the game...

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: January 09, 2012, 06:25:21 AM

By Belsavis, I'm very happy to be a smuggler with loose ties to the Republic, because holy shit are they fuckups. Every single planet I've been to, it's:

a) We lost sensitive intel because, um, well, Lieutenant Freckles had to wipe his ass in the commode and he used the papers from the briefcase that have all our troop emplacements and then we forgot about them before we had to run away. Could you go fish them out of the toilet? Because we, um, have a manpower shortage. Yes, that's it.

b) Every planet builds its own superweapon. It's like a state flower or a community art project: you're supposed to build superweapons that threaten your own existence and then complain when someone might use them. Actually, this one hits a bit too close to home: it's like superweapons are Senatorial pork.

c) The Republic builds weapon prototypes and then does things like store them on a prison planet right next to the supermax cells. Weapon prototypes which happen to destroy security forcefields.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: January 09, 2012, 07:35:15 AM

As for later smuggler fun, maybe some of you have noticed the non-interactable green character in your XS medical bay? The one who has been there pretty much since Nar Shaddaa? Named "Ivory"? Well, eventually he shows up in the plot...at Belsavis. But not on your ship. Wow, that's a silly bug.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: January 09, 2012, 10:08:24 AM

Oh yeah, I just got some help and got it done a long time ago. With a Jedi pal, it really did last about fifteen seconds.

Some companions are really hard to predict in terms of negative/positive reactions. Risha particularly is all over the place. She tends not to like things that make me seem too obedient to the Republic and she likes when I get my money, but what's really hard to tell is how she'll react to a get-my-money but also get-dark-side-points decision. She seems like she's really cold-hearted and then suddenly you'll get a big hit for doing something only mildly cold. Akaavi is also a bit hard to pin down.

I was kind of amazed in the early going how often [flirt] responses lead to your scoundrel going offscreen with your conversation partner. My character definitely should have space STD by now.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #206 on: January 09, 2012, 10:47:44 AM

Jedi Knight post-storyline romance tidbit spoilers:

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #207 on: January 09, 2012, 10:53:37 AM

BH Romance Tidbit response

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #208 on: January 09, 2012, 10:54:40 AM

Since I couldn't talk with Sjofn last night in the game...

Also, people getting letters from their sweeties, I'm not getting letters from Lt. Boyfriend. I assume because I denied his promotion to Lt. Husband.  why so serious?

EDIT: OH, and I also love how the Republic builds superweapons and stores them on a prison planet, in the same place where some of their really horrible prisoners are stores. It made my consular really think about the choices she's made in life. Perhaps that Hob girl has the right idea after all?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:59:29 AM by Sjofn »

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: January 09, 2012, 12:08:21 PM

The prison planet in general is full of WTF-REALLY? Republic stuff.

Though the whole prison thing is consistent with the Republic throughout--they're short on manpower because they're a bunch of wasteful asshats. They're spending bazillions of credits cleaning up Taris (and wasting the lives of troops and mercenaries) when their own CAPITAL is a fucking mess anywhere but near the Senate building.

About the main reason the Republic is still in business from what I can see is that the Sith are such an over-the-top murderous and treacherous bunch of nutjobs.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: