Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204350 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #70 on: December 05, 2011, 09:01:46 AM

The trooper thing didn't hook me until the end of the first planet, after that I quite liked it.

Yeah, I was initially down on them but everyone saying the story was pretty cool forced me through.  The end of the first planet did indeed have me hooked.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: December 05, 2011, 01:16:55 PM

Regards to the Trooper Story (and some BH story)

Going to ruin like 30 levels of Trooper plot here:

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #72 on: December 05, 2011, 01:22:24 PM

Shit, I *knew* I recognized Needles' voice.  That's awesome.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #73 on: December 05, 2011, 01:32:00 PM

?
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: December 05, 2011, 01:48:12 PM

The Imperial Agent story is, IMHO, the best in the game.  The gameplay is ok, not the best, but the story is really well done.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: December 05, 2011, 02:02:10 PM

The problem I had with the Trooper story was:

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 05, 2011, 02:17:33 PM

That's fair enough, but there's always going to be that factor in these kinds of games. Especially if you've played a few Bioware games in your time, you'll be able to recognize the setups and tricks well in advance. I totally gamed more then one story choice with "CONSEQUENCES" because I was familiar with that particular story device. 'Oh I've danced to THIS song before, you can't fool me!'

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 05, 2011, 04:12:04 PM

Yeah, I had the Consular story nailed on the second planet.  You can still get entertainment (and hilarious one liners) out of it though.  Bioware games, try not to overthink. 
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #78 on: December 06, 2011, 07:08:36 AM

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: December 06, 2011, 07:39:57 AM

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 06, 2011, 08:02:35 AM

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: December 06, 2011, 01:53:13 PM

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #82 on: December 07, 2011, 04:18:56 PM

This isn't particularly spoily, because I am going to be vague:

The inquisitor starting companion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> consular starting companion. Also everything that comes out of my inquisitor's mouth is solid fucking gold.

Does Sith Inquistor force you to be a douche-bag? I only played mine to level 4, but all dialog choices were various ways of showing the finger verbally. Oh and there was a lot of bullying going on at a Sith Academy...

Edit: Thinking now that maybe I am not cut out for Sith? All I wanted to do is please my master, and if I have to kill hordes of innocent people for the empire at least be professional about it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:22:27 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #83 on: December 07, 2011, 04:22:59 PM

I don't think showing verbal fingers really counts as being a douchebag for the sith. More like par for the course.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #84 on: December 07, 2011, 04:27:25 PM

This isn't particularly spoily, because I am going to be vague:

The inquisitor starting companion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> consular starting companion. Also everything that comes out of my inquisitor's mouth is solid fucking gold.

Does Sith Inquistor force you to be a douche-bag? I only played mine to level 4, but all dialog choices were various ways of showing the finger verbally. Oh and there was a lot of bullying going on at a Sith Academy...

Edit: Thinking now that maybe I am not cut out for Sith? All I wanted to do is please my master, and if I have to kill hordes of innocent people for the empire at least be professional about it.

As far as I can tell, being a sith involves being a douchebag, it's just a matter of what KIND of douchebag you want to be. My manquisitor decided he wanted to be the "fuck all y'all" kind of douchebag, where he sassed the shit out of his asshole instructor and picked light side choices just to fuck people over. I didn't feel like a douchebag (I am terrible at being evil or even just renegade in the case of the Mass Effects, if that helps you at all) as much as I felt like a troll. But given I was trolling crazy evil people, it was a good kind of trolling, if that makes sense.

EDIT: All that said, if you want to play Empire but not be a huge douchebag, you might be better off with the IA. All of Empire is some degree of douchebag, but the IA seemed like the least douchey of the douchebags. Which is saying something, seeing as how s/he is basically the secret police for the Space Nazis. But I didn't play the BH at all, so they might be even less douchey.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:29:56 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #85 on: December 07, 2011, 04:32:05 PM

As far as I can tell, being a sith involves being a douchebag, it's just a matter of what KIND of douchebag you want to be. My manquisitor decided he wanted to be the "fuck all y'all" kind of douchebag, where he sassed the shit out of his asshole instructor and picked light side choices just to fuck people over. I didn't feel like a douchebag (I am terrible at being evil or even just renegade in the case of the Mass Effects, if that helps you at all) as much as I felt like a troll. But given I was trolling crazy evil people, it was a good kind of trolling, if that makes sense.

Yes, that helps, thank you.

I have a hard time immersing myself with evil characters as well. At least as long as there is no way to justify the deed. (as in "Rachni are evil and dangerous. Of course you die! *pushes exterminate button*).

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: December 07, 2011, 05:00:43 PM

The BH can be a enormous douche if you so choose, but it's mostly "Man, these fucking empire bastards are all crazy as shit, but their money is good so whatever".

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #87 on: December 07, 2011, 05:12:15 PM

Well, you get bottlenecked through some shared quest areas with conversations that essentially boil down to 'asshole? : yes/no' no matter what your class.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: December 07, 2011, 06:09:35 PM

I didn't feel particularly evil on my Inquisitor.  Manipulative, better than everyone, not willing to take crap, and fairly snarky, but not evil.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: December 14, 2011, 12:21:06 AM

Trooper spoiler as I complain a bit:

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #90 on: December 14, 2011, 12:42:55 AM

a) You're playing a trooper?
b) Fordel is going to fistfight you for saying that.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: December 14, 2011, 12:48:48 AM

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: December 14, 2011, 12:49:07 AM

Kild is a known retard, so it's not surprising at all that's his reaction to the knowledge.  why so serious?

Hey Kild:

Sjofn Don't Read This:

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #93 on: December 14, 2011, 12:52:55 AM

I appreciate your dedication to "SJOFN DON'T READ THIS" spoiler tags, Fordel.  Heart

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: December 14, 2011, 07:06:36 AM

a) You're playing a trooper?
b) Fordel is going to fistfight you for saying that.

At the moment yes. SO MANY JEDI. SO MANY. And like, 3 smugglers in total.

b) screw him! I DON'T CARE WHAT SOCIETY THINKS!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #95 on: December 14, 2011, 07:10:18 AM

I didn't feel particularly evil on my Inquisitor.  Manipulative, better than everyone, not willing to take crap, and fairly snarky, but not evil.

Sigh, I have plans for my (possibly female) Inquisitor: a total babbling, cackling MUHAHAHA idiot. Hopefully I'll be able to play her like that  why so serious?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: December 14, 2011, 07:43:12 AM

Rasix started a BH, Chorulle is playing an Agent. I think everyone else is a Sith  why so serious?

My favorite thing about BH (not really a story spoiler)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #97 on: December 14, 2011, 09:17:19 AM

Rasix started a BH, Chorulle is playing an Agent. I think everyone else is a Sith  why so serious?

I'll be a BH as well, just haven't gotten to get online yet... only another 5 hours.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #98 on: December 14, 2011, 02:20:30 PM

Sigh, I have plans for my (possibly female) Inquisitor: a total babbling, cackling MUHAHAHA idiot. Hopefully I'll be able to play her like that  why so serious?

You can, I am pretty sure, my inquisitor just elected not to be most of the time.  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: December 14, 2011, 02:36:25 PM

just haven't gotten to get online yet...
Yet you're online RIGHT NOW!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: December 14, 2011, 03:36:58 PM

No that was posted with neutrino (FTL) speed.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: December 14, 2011, 03:40:05 PM

Tachyons!

Over and out.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: December 14, 2011, 11:55:08 PM

I don't think it's a spoiler really, but with the Inquisitor: 

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #103 on: December 15, 2011, 05:48:03 AM

I don't even know if this is really anything remotely spoily, but first smuggler companion spoilers, maybe, kinda?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #104 on: December 18, 2011, 01:15:14 AM

More Corso nonsense:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: