Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:09:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204318 times)
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 07:01:05 PM

The male trooper romance is your secret sister?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:01 PM

No?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:24 PM

Oh, Fordel.

God Save the Horn Players
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 08:01:21 PM

Is Darth Jadus a romance option for the agents? My gender choice is riding on that why so serious?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 12:35:24 AM

I eagerly await the first fake story spoiler in the guild motd.

I await the one people think is fake but is actually 100% legit.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 12:35:59 AM

God I can't stop laughing at that.

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 04:08:25 AM

Perplexed by how they will add gay romance options as a post launch feature. Do you continue to adventure, meet new companions etcat level 50 or will you have to go back to earlier zones? I know its not hugely relevant to most but purely in terms of mechanics I wonder how they plan on doing that.

It's nota proper bio ware game without also fulfilling my dating sim requirements!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:03:12 AM by Maledict »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 30, 2011, 05:07:20 AM

Just ask yourself "what would warcraft do?".

In this case, increase the cap to level 60, insert companion at level 51.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 30, 2011, 05:58:05 AM

Adding another BH one to the mix since I just finished the class line on Kaas:

edit: fail spoiler, -50 dkp.  swamp poop

Agreed.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 30, 2011, 06:04:33 AM

Play Republic then.  Even with the LS/DS choices, you have to accept the general vibe that Rep = LS and Emp = DS, with the overall story progression being sided respectively for either.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 06:16:21 AM

Yeah, but

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 06:16:56 AM

Play Republic then.

It wasn't a dark/ls thing at all.  It was just totally out of character for a bounty hunter evil or not evil.   Why care about money if that's the way you do things?

Yeah, but

I didn't know that but it still makes little sense.  I guess I see where they got it from.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:20:09 AM by Amaron »
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 06:52:16 AM

Bleeding hearts... all of you.

edit: fix'd.  ACK!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:56:20 AM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 06:54:22 AM

Ok, I'll just stop reading this thread.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 10:59:22 AM

Perplexed by how they will add gay romance options as a post launch feature. Do you continue to adventure, meet new companions etcat level 50 or will you have to go back to earlier zones? I know its not hugely relevant to most but purely in terms of mechanics I wonder how they plan on doing that.

It's nota proper bio ware game without also fulfilling my dating sim requirements!

They will almost certainly add new companions at some point. That's one way they could handle it.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 01:20:38 PM

The Romance convo's all happen on your ship basically, it wouldn't be hard at all to add in another that makes your potential gay love interest go "I've never thought of you that way, TILL NOW!", then you just go through them as normal.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 01:25:59 PM

The Romance convo's all happen on your ship basically

Can't you have them in the Cantina?
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 01:27:06 PM

Someone want to jump on the sword and romance Khem?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 30, 2011, 01:28:48 PM

No?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: November 30, 2011, 01:32:40 PM

Don't think he's an option for that.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 01:58:59 PM

The Romance convo's all happen on your ship basically

Can't you have them in the Cantina?

Not the specific Romance ones for the most part. A few other personal and story driven convo's, require you to be on your ship. The companion will tell you specifically, "I need to talk to you on the ship" instead of the usual "We need somewhere private".

The convo's will make use of your ships holo terminal, or specific rooms on the ship etc.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 02:43:24 PM

I need a bigger bed....

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 02:47:03 PM

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 03:01:00 PM

He DOES keep talking about how much he loves eating force users, maybe he meant ...

Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: November 30, 2011, 03:16:53 PM

He DOES keep talking about how much he loves eating force users, maybe he meant ...

K bai!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 30, 2011, 03:17:33 PM

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 09:54:31 AM

Internet wisdom seems to suggest:

Awesome plotlines:
 - Inquistor
 - Smuggler
 - Agent

Good plotlines:
 - Warrior
 - Trooper

Mediocre plotlines:
 - Bounty Hunter
 - Consular
 - Knight

Is this about right?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 04, 2011, 09:55:48 AM

Someone want to jump on the sword and romance Khem?

well, he does have plenty of holes to..

oh God....

ACK!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #63 on: December 04, 2011, 04:17:54 PM

If the Consular's plot is mediocre, I'm psyched. I've heard BH was good, too. People's opinions and variable mileage and whatnot. I've heard a lot of people like the agent plot, though.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #64 on: December 04, 2011, 04:44:56 PM

Of the stories I played anything like a decent amount of time with:

Inquisitor - Probably my favorite. This is entirely because of the pure goddamn camp factor for me. The inquisitor knows exactly what sort of universe s/he is in, and both voice actors are hilarious. I like this because it makes being a 'bad' Sith (that is, someone who mostly picks light side) make more sense, really. S/he's just fucking with everyone. The actual PLOT plot, though, might not actually grab everyone, but who cares your character is hilarious.

Agent - Also really good, and also a class where picking light side shit is going to make sense (sometimes, anyway). Gives you a good sense of what being Empire is like for non-force users (which is to say, you might still be a Space Nazi if that's how you want to roll, but at least you're not crazy). Also, you sleep with half the galaxy, as far as I can tell, so that's always nice.

Consular - Played this the most. I can see how people might not like it, because the whole thing just feels very ... zen. The story also feels more personal, in that while what you're doing can affect a lot of people, it's not like, say, the Agent. Everything the Agent is doing is for THE EMPIRE. The consular is doing stuff on a smaller scale (though it has the potential to blow up into something bigger, and I have no idea if it ever does, since I only hit 23-ish). At the same time, it's not personal like the inquisitor's, where everything the inquisitor is doing is basically for his/her personal gain and/or amusement.

Smuggler - I played this to level 2. By level 2, I had all the motivation I needed to play a smuggler. It has the best hook for sure.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:56:44 PM by Sjofn »

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 04, 2011, 04:57:07 PM

Of the chars I got to level 10, I thought the Bounty Hunter plot was ok and the Trooper one was weak. Sith Inquisitor was decent and the Warrior one had it's moments. The Smuggler one was really good for the 5 levels I played it.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 04, 2011, 05:06:52 PM

The smuggler indeed has the best "why should I give a shit about this"

I like the consular storyline. It's kind of cliche-ish, and very very "hey, Jedi are supposed to be pretty chill folks in tune with everything", but I think the idea and acting are top notch for what it's supposed to be portraying.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 04, 2011, 06:01:46 PM

I only had a chance to really play two classes, since I was away for most of Thanksgiving.  The Inquisitor was awesome, but I think at least 50% of that might have been because of the awesome dialog choices and voice acting.  The Trooper was kind of weak though, to be honest.

Sounds like I'll like the Consular, because serene is mostly how I figure a force focused Jedi should be.  Sort of a young Qui Gon-ish I would assume.  And I heard (not just here) that the IA can really slut it up, which could be entertaining for a change.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 05, 2011, 12:48:13 AM

The trooper thing didn't hook me until the end of the first planet, after that I quite liked it.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 05, 2011, 08:05:10 AM

The trooper thing didn't hook me until the end of the first planet, after that I quite liked it.

The Trooper story seems like the first planet was just a set up for the next 40 levels, where most of the other stories got things going right away. I can see the Trooper getting better as you go.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: