Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:35:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Pre-release thread discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-release thread discussion  (Read 195572 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1050 on: December 13, 2011, 05:03:27 AM

http://buy.swtor.com/us/#optional-game-add-ons

Physical authenticators are now available via Origin.  iPhone and Android apps are on the way.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1051 on: December 13, 2011, 05:35:44 AM

are they expecting this to have as much issues as wow does security wise? Should I be getting an authenticator for the account i'll log onto twice a week?

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1052 on: December 13, 2011, 05:37:22 AM

http://buy.swtor.com/us/#optional-game-add-ons

Physical authenticators are now available via Origin.  iPhone and Android apps are on the way.

Thank christ they are doing the app thing. Was really expecting them to milk the shit out of the physical authenticator costs.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1053 on: December 13, 2011, 05:39:14 AM

are they expecting this to have as much issues as wow does security wise? Should I be getting an authenticator for the account i'll log onto twice a week?

This is going to sound silly and sensational, but let me answer this with another query.  Since your house doesn't catch on fire all the time, do you really need fire insurance?  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1054 on: December 13, 2011, 05:52:06 AM

So what you're saying, if I am tracking you properly, is that I need to buy more fire insurance to play SWTOR.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

Reply #1055 on: December 13, 2011, 05:53:13 AM

So what you're saying, if I am tracking you properly, is that I need to buy more fire insurance to play SWTOR.

I like hte cut of your jib.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1056 on: December 13, 2011, 05:56:04 AM

Apparently I need to work on my /House impressions.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1057 on: December 13, 2011, 06:14:28 AM

Your login is an email address which is easily harvested from insecure forums.  After that it's just brute forcing, which can be quick or slow.    The one thing they have going for them that WoW doesn't is too many failed logins on the web requires a capcha test.  They still don't lock you out and I don't know what happens if you fail too many times in the patcher.

Better safe than sorry. The app will be free and if you bought the CE you get a free authenticator in the box anyway.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1058 on: December 13, 2011, 06:32:02 AM

oh free app. Ok, that's nice then. They should be doing a better job at communicating it's free through luckton, though.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1059 on: December 13, 2011, 06:34:31 AM

oh free app. Ok, that's nice then. They should be doing a better job at communicating it's free through luckton, though.

ಠ_ಠ  And there's a MMO authenticator iOS/Droid app that charges for usage out there?

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1060 on: December 13, 2011, 07:01:19 AM

I always thought the blizzard one wasn't free. Why am I bothering with this plastic pos again?  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ps: the narwhal gave me emoticons too  Ohhhhh, I see.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1061 on: December 13, 2011, 08:29:59 AM

This stupid legacy system is stupid. How am I suppose to come up with a single last name that works for all my characters?

And not having a last name in a Star Wars game is stupid too.

There goes my stupid plan of using my superb character names from EVE.

- Viin
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1062 on: December 13, 2011, 08:31:25 AM

I always thought the blizzard one wasn't free. Why am I bothering with this plastic pos again? 
Blizzard one is free but you pay S&H for the physical one.

This stupid legacy system is stupid. How am I suppose to come up with a single last name that works for all my characters?

And not having a last name in a Star Wars game is stupid too.

There goes my stupid plan of using my superb character names from EVE.

You can have a separate last name but title of "the xyz" legacy I thought.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1063 on: December 13, 2011, 08:33:02 AM

You can't do spaces in a name, so I donno how you'd another last name unless thats new since the last beta weekend. I thought the legacy name *was* your last name, if you chose to show it.

- Viin
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1064 on: December 13, 2011, 09:25:11 AM

You can display it so that it either looks like a last name or is displayed under your character's name as 'of the blahblah legacy' (or hide it altogether)  but there's still no way to have seperate legacy and surnames. Ohhhhh, I see.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1065 on: December 13, 2011, 09:51:35 AM

Well that's just dumb.

Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader, not Darth Vader Skywalker. Leia was Leia Organa not Leia Skywalker.  awesome, for real  Ohhhhh, I see.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #1066 on: December 13, 2011, 11:00:16 AM

I bet the community will make a RP tool that allows nicknames / surnames / aliases, as well as RP backgrounds etc., like there is in WoW.  That way people can have their Darth names, nicknames, etc.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1067 on: December 13, 2011, 11:06:49 AM

I could swear I saw people with spaces in their names in the last beta weekend.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1068 on: December 13, 2011, 11:08:54 AM

I wish you could get an honorary "the Hutt" title. I want to make a fat sith alt named "Pizza".

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1069 on: December 13, 2011, 01:29:46 PM

Jenkins.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1070 on: December 13, 2011, 01:34:49 PM

Jenkins.
Asshole would be a nice homage, but i have odd feeling you won't get that one past the censor.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1071 on: December 13, 2011, 01:39:38 PM

I could swear I saw people with spaces in their names in the last beta weekend.

It might have been the elusive apostrophe. Coming from a game where practically every NPC member of a race (OH HAI TROLLS) has an apostrophe'd name while the player base are completely incapable of using one can blind you to their presence.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1072 on: December 13, 2011, 01:49:37 PM

I bet the community will make a RP tool that allows nicknames / surnames / aliases, as well as RP backgrounds etc., like there is in WoW.  That way people can have their Darth names, nicknames, etc.

Darth is actually a title that can be earned by Sith Warriors and Sith Inquisitors. So is Lord.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1073 on: December 13, 2011, 02:43:38 PM

Who would name their child Lord?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Terracotta Army

Reply #1074 on: December 13, 2011, 02:46:40 PM

Madonna? IDK....  ACK!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1075 on: December 13, 2011, 02:53:02 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1076 on: December 13, 2011, 02:54:46 PM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #1077 on: December 13, 2011, 02:58:36 PM

Madonna? IDK....  ACK!

Hers is Lourdes... (named after the miracle pool... like the one Madonna got pregnant in... and it was a miracle she still had a uterus after all her years of... singing).

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1078 on: December 13, 2011, 05:34:10 PM

WOOOOOOSH!

Heh.

Bravo, Lant. Bravo.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1079 on: December 13, 2011, 06:19:11 PM

Brava, you mean. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1080 on: December 14, 2011, 01:40:16 AM

In jokes? I dunno what has happened to this place. Back in my day such douche baggery would have been shot before its 21st birthday...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1081 on: December 14, 2011, 03:26:32 AM

Brava, you mean. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

I considered it but can't bring myself to type it!

In jokes? I dunno what has happened to this place. Back in my day such douche baggery would have been shot before its 21st birthday...

Ha!

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1082 on: December 14, 2011, 06:53:41 AM

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Gadgets/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Developer-Live-Chat-Transcript/m-p/406744#M14937

Transcript of yesterday's evening chat with the developers. Some interesting tidbits: confirmation of a "secret space project"; also, hint about the possible implementation of pod racing, enhancements to UI and existing systems and more. Looks like they're not all about "moar flashpoints, moar operations" - only attitude, while of course that's a very important aspect to keep a large portion of the playerbase interested. I would like to see a more "horizontal" expansion more than a vertical one, especially when it comes to social/roleplaying activities (in other words, more stuff to do in between leveling).

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #1083 on: December 14, 2011, 01:40:54 PM

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #1084 on: December 14, 2011, 03:47:24 PM

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Pre-release thread discussion  
Jump to: