Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Dr. Who (in planning?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Who (in planning?)  (Read 2329 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: November 14, 2011, 12:53:04 PM

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/11/david-yates-doctor-who/

Just caught this on Wired. Not sure what to make of it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 02:19:27 PM

With the Doctor Who series so light in the episodes, and Matt Smith thinking about moving to LA next year, I'm thinking this could just be an evolution of the franchise.

I thought David Yates did good with Harry Potter, so I can't imagine this totally sucking.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 04:34:01 PM

I think your imagination needs an upgrade, then.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 10:39:26 PM

Dr Who films always work out so well.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 12:43:27 PM

shark.jumped.  Cya.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 02:31:07 AM

Well seeing as all the best Dr. Who episodes have been the ones where they've splurged on effects and gone all out in an attempt to be as awesome and breathtaking as they can I can only imagine that this will really showcase Moffat's writing talents. Because clearly they have learned that their smaller and more budget constrained episodes like Blink aren't what people liked, no we want more Hobbit Doctor and the Master flying around shooting lightning bolts.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 03:07:42 AM

That article is light on facts and skips some of the salient points in the Variety article. Like skipping the fact that Yates is working with the head of BBC Worldwide Productions who is Jane Tranter - the same woman who commissioned Spooks, Waking the Dead and the new series of Dr Who.

Personally, I don't see why everyone's getting their knickers in a twist. An aversion to change and new things? It might end up being shit - but it's going to have to be really, really shit to be worse than even some crap like the last couple of episodes of David Tennant as the doctor or "Love & Monsters", "Fear Her" or "Last of the TimeLords".

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Dr. Who (in planning?)  
Jump to: