Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:50:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* - Submit Your Teams! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* - Submit Your Teams!  (Read 3203 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

on: November 07, 2011, 01:41:55 PM

The league for season 2 has been created.  All players should now search for the league "F13 Horns & Hooves *Season 2*" and submit their team for approval.  If you participated in the previous season simply remove your team from that league and submit it to the new one, but be sure to not play any games with them between leagues or your team will be disqualified.  The password for the league is Goatse.

Also, the voters have spoken: no minotaurs!  We'll hold another vote at the beginning of season 3.

League Rules

Matches, Points and Ranking: The tournament will have seven rounds followed by a playoff series and Bleat Bowl II.  Teams will be divided into two divisions of eight teams and the top four from both divisions will advance to the single elimination playoffs.  Rank is determined by point accumulation with losses counting for 0 points, draws for 1 point and wins for 3 points.  If a tie occurs at the end of the season superior position will be determined by casualties inflicted, as befitting the nature of the league.  All matches will be 2:00 in length.  Matches outside of those assigned by the league are not allowed.  Players will be given nine days to complete their match, after which time I will determine the result by fiat.  I will keep an updated roster of teams in this forum so that people can track their position in the tournament.  Players need to announce the results of their games on the respective forum thread (Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day 1, 2, etc.), and write-ups are preferred, but not required.

Because team development is so paramount in this league, those teams that do not qualify for the playoffs will be given their own un-playoff tournament to determine the best of the worst!  That tournament will be single elimination as well, ending in an un-championship match.

Ties in the playoffs will not occur so this season we will have a single Bleat Bowl champion.

Skills: In order to foster variety some unique rules regarding skill choices will be enforced. Individual beastmen must advance their skills with a ratio of mutation to standard beastmen skills of 1:1.  Beastmen can choose a normal skill or a mutation skill as their first skill, and then must alternate back and forth between normal skills and mutation skills thereafter.  Normal skills for beastmen are considered General and Strength.  Stat increases, including movement and armor, and doubles from which beastmen choose Agility or Passing skills, will be considered neutral, and do not count toward the number of mutations or standard skills.  Because this rule can not be enforced through the game itself it will be enforced by the commissioner in the following way: if a team is found violating this rule the team's games will not be validated for as long as beastmen without the proper skill ratio exist on that team's roster.

For example:
Block, Extra Arms, Guard, Pass = OK.  Normal skills alternate between a mutation and Pass can only be taken on a double so it is neutral.
Block, Guard, Mighty Blow = Not OK because there is not an alternation between normal skills and mutations.

Divisions: We have seven new teams this season so each division received a large transfusion of new blood.  I used standings in the first season to determine seeding and spread the new teams as evenly as I could with Chevre receiving three and Feta receiving four.

Chevre Division
Ulysees  (The Horns of Wrath)
Bann  (The Cosmonauts)
HaemishM  (Triptkyon)
Ingmar  (Sheep Go To Heaven)
Lamaros  (Lovers, Fighters)
Ruvaldt  (Goat Variations)
Avaia  (Waitsing)
Luckton  (Deep Space Goat)

Feta Division
Llyse  (Breaking Wind)
Comstar  (My Little Beasties)
Teleku  (Goat Street Occupiers)
Cancklebiter  (Baa Ram U!!)
Gruntle  (Los Stupicabras)
Proudft  (Malevolent Mammals)
IainC  (Green Bray Alpacas)
Falconeer  (Occupy Goatsville)

On to Bleat Bowl II!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:59:58 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 02:16:10 PM

Application sent.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 02:55:46 PM

Application Sent. 4 Rerolls, 12 Beastman, 4 FF and no Apioc.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 04:44:30 PM

Applied.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 09:31:06 PM

9 out of 16 approved.  Keep 'em coming.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 09:31:28 PM

Applied with the Goat Street Occupiers.  I see now that Falc already grabbed that gimick, but I already put the effort into creating the team and don't want to bother changing it.  So  tongue.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 09:58:44 PM

One of you will simply have to mangle the other so badly, they have no choice but to start a new team next time.

God Save the Horn Players
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 10:23:33 PM

This is entirely possible.  They're in the same division so I foresee a grudge match coming.

Edit: after looking at Teleku's player names he should win on style alone.  If Confused Japanese Tourist doesn't end up in the Hall of Fame somehow I'll be very disappointed.

Also, we have two My Little Ponies themed teams as well.  There can be only one Twilight Sparkle!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:32:59 PM by Ruvaldt »

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 04:52:41 PM

app'd.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 04:58:26 PM

If Comstar's team does not contain a Derpy Hooves, he must reroll the team  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 05:06:19 PM

If Comstar's team does not contain a Derpy Hooves, he must reroll the team  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Mane 6, the CMC, the two princesses and one Derpy Hooves who will probably fall over and die in the first match.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 05:08:19 PM

Mane 6, the CMC, the two princesses and one Derpy Hooves who will probably fall over and die in the first match.

Oh bah, fine I'll remake my team when I get home   Heartbreak

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 05:09:59 PM

Defending moral victory champions have applied.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 10:32:27 PM

15/16 teams approved.  You know who you are!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 11:30:57 PM

One of you will simply have to mangle the other so badly, they have no choice but to start a new team next time.

We'll decide the winner of our match through consensus. No violence, no voting.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 11:41:50 PM

But then your field will get rushed by random vandals wearing black bandannas and it will all devolve as the authorities move in.  Heartbreak
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 11:49:28 PM

I just wish to categorically state that our team had nothing to do with that, and we don't know where those bandannas even came from.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* - Submit Your Teams!  
Jump to: