Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:44:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5, Day 4 Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 5, Day 4 Predictions  (Read 2654 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: November 03, 2011, 11:34:07 AM

As we cross the meridian of the regular season the movers are beginning their inexorable moves while the shakers are commencing to shake. In the last game day I had 10 out of 15 correct for a cumulative record of 28/46. Here are my picks for the new game day:

Division 1:

Celer vs Proudft - Should be a cracking match. Skilled up Elves vs a very versatile Khemri team with 200k to spend on inducements. I'm going to call the game for Proudft here but Celer knows that he needs three points from this to keep playoff dreams alive. 2-1 Proudft. Actual result: 2-0 Celer
IainC vs Ingmar - The game I've been dreading since the divisions were drawn. Ingmar is far and away the favourite here and a team liberally garnished with Tackle is just the thing to put a stop to Elven Bullshit. I'll start with a lot of inducements but will I finish with any players? 2-1 Ingmar. Actual result: 2-2 draw
Comstar vs Carnifex - Both teams solidly in the running for a playoff spot, this match is likely to put the ambitions of one of them back somewhat. The Catfighters have their stars back again and Carnifex will have his work cut out to slow them down. 3-2 Comstar. Actual result: 2-2 draw.
Paelos vs Sjofn - Evenly matched teams but Sjofn is probably the better coach. Despite that I'm going to say that Paelos will earn his first points of the season here with a narrow win. 1-0 Paelos. Actual result: 2-0 Sjofn

Division 2:

Lamaros vs AndyDavo - Two teams with unbeaten records go into the match. Andy has had some soft matches so far and this will be his first real test. Between Lamaros' skill and the big pile of cash he'll have to spend I think the rats will take the lead in the division after this. 3-2 Lamaros. Actual result: 2-2 draw.
Avaia vs Megrim - Megrim's had a good run so far with the exception of his encounter with the Dark Elves. The Nurgle team will make it a tough match but it will all be in vein. 2-1 Megrim. Actual result: 1-0 Avaia
Haemish vs Luckton - Haemish needs this win if he wants to keep a playoff spot in sight and I think he'll manage it although it won't be pretty. 3-1 Haemish. Actual result: 2-0 Haemish
Falconeer vs Reborne - It's safe to say that the Ogres have been a bit flat this season and they'll struggle to hold the fast moving Amazons down for long enough. A couple of consolation injuries but no points. 2-0 Falconeer. Actual result: 3-0 Falconeer

Division 3:

Kailas vs Strazos - Top team plays bottom team, the result shouldn't be in any doubt. 3-0 Strazos. Actual result: 2-0 Strazos.
Ginaz vs Teleku - The hippies are on a roll and I expect they'll roll over the lizards with ease. 4-1 Teleku. Actual result: 1-0 Teleku.
ICE vs Ramas - The other wood elf team play the other Norse team. The Silver Horde will be giving up a crazy level of inducements and Elven Bullshit correctly applied could make it a tough game. Lots of blood and lots of touchdowns. 3-1 ICE. Actual result: 2-1 ICE
Ulysees vs Krummi - The Elves are in bad shape at the moment, only one player who has levelled and only 9 on the roster. While they'll enjoy the pre-match shopping trip, I doubt that they'll have much to celebrate post match. 2-0 Ulysees. Actual result: 1-0 Krummi

Division 4:

Cancklebiter vs Drogg - Bruising game as a bunch of dead psychopaths crash into a set of scaly ones. Injuries plus inducements might give Ben the win but I'm calling this one a wash. 1-1 draw. Actual result: 2-1 Drogg
Ruvaldt vs Bann - the divisions top two go head to head. Bann needs the points to keep clear of the cut-off and Ruvaldt will be looking ot put his lead beyond reach. Should be a great game. 2-1 Ruvaldt. Actual result: 2-0 Ruvaldt
Catfud vs SirT - Assuming that whatever prevented SirT's day 3 game doesn't re-occur, it's hard to see Catfud dropping the ball on this one. SirT will crack some skulls but Catfud will take the points. 2-0 Catfud. Actual result: 2-0 Catfud.
Ezrast vs Brocktoon - Neither team has a win in the league yet and the Elves barely have a team at all - only 7 of them will be able to take to the pitch for this game. Brocktoon should be in good shape to improve his position here. 3-1 Brocktoon. Actual result: 1-1 draw

Let's see what Nuffle drops on our plates next!

7/16 so far. 1 score predicted exactly.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:41:08 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 11:41:35 AM

but it will all be in vein.

GET OFF THE STAGE

Our match should be interesting, I do probably have the advantage but dwarfs vs. wood elves leaves very little margin of error for the dwarf coach in terms of positioning and the like, if you score twice I could be in serious trouble.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 12:20:41 PM

My record this season:27 - 18 - 3

Division 1:

Celer vs Proudft - 1-1 Draw.  Both great teams, but I just don't think either coach will get enough traction to pull ahead.
IainC vs Ingmar - 1-1 Draw.  IainC is going to have a hell of a time bringing down a dwarven ball carrier and with Ingmar's tackle IainC's elven bullshit will be rendered less effective.  Ultimately though I think both teams will put up a point and be unable to take the lead.
Comstar vs Carnifex - 2-1 Comstar.  Though the amazons are going to give up a ton of inducements they still have what it takes to win the game.
Paelos vs Sjofn - 2-0 Sjofn.  Paelos would have a shot here, but I still think his team is underskilled when compared to Sjofn's.

Division 2:

Lamaros vs AndyDavo - 2-2 Draw.  Lamaros can beat Andy, but he'll need a little luck from his inducements and he won't quite get it.  
Avaia vs Megrim - 2-1 Megrim.  Megrim will keep his playoff aspirations alive in what looks like a great match.
Haemish vs Luckton - 3-1 Haemish.  Skaven bullshit trumps halfling bullshit.  Haemish stays alive for a playoff berth.
Falconeer vs Reborne - 2-0 Falconeer.  The Ogres have had a disappointing season, though I really thought it would be their breakout year.  Falconeer is going to dodge across the field and remain largely untouched for a 2-0 victory.

Division 3:

Kailas vs Strazos - 2-0 Strazos.  Strazos continues to mop up the competition in his division.
Ginaz vs Teleku - 4-0 Teleku.  Teleku will come back from his concession last week to win big against Ginaz.
ICE vs Ramas - 2-1 Ramas.  The norse have the right skills to take down ICE's elves.  Though the inducements will flow the norse will still come out on top.
Ulysees vs Krummi - 3-0 Ulysees.  Ulysees won't have a problem running over these hurt elves.

Division 4:

Cancklebiter vs Drogg - 2-1 Drogg.  The undead will have a hard time getting their hands on the kinks and their bashier pieces aren't leveled enough to put up a fight against Drogg's bigger lizards.
Ruvaldt vs Bann - 5-1 Ruvaldt.  This will be my most difficult match this season and so I'll only beat Bann by four points.  Abraham Lincoln will have such a successful game that he will badly injure a Dandies player that isn't even on the pitch.
Catfud vs SirT - 2-0 Llyse.  Calvin and Hobbes will have a field day as Llyse continues on his path to a playoff berth.
Ezrast vs Brocktoon - 2-1 Brocktoon.  The goblins are meeting a terrifically wounded elven squad and will catch their first win of the season.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:24:16 PM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 02:18:10 PM

Division 1:

Celer vs Proudft - I'm going with the high skilled High elf team here - 3-1.
IainC vs Ingmar - Ban all dwarves. 2-0 and lots of dead elves.
Comstar vs Carnifex - I've lost the last 2-3 matches vs the Lizards and vs Carinflex too. I have half as many ST 4 players as he does, but a bit more guard. His skinks's anti-tackle won't save them because anything that puts a well-guarded skink next to the Amazons is going to be a skink getting Blodged. But he's VERY good at protecting his skinks, and he has enough inducements for a wizard and a babe. 3-2 Lizards.
Paelos vs Sjofn - Norse are Overpowered Overrepresented and Overcompensated. However, the Chaos team is still too new to beat them up enough. 1-1 draw.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 02:35:24 PM

Paelos should probably send Ingmar a fruitbasket, as I am actually going into this game without three of my regular guys, one of them being my super runner. I am not as optimistic about my chances as I'd normally be.

Save me, Norse bullshit!

God Save the Horn Players
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 04:16:14 PM

Division 1:

Celer vs Proudft -  2-1 to the Khemri.
IainC vs Ingmar - Igmar is going to outclass the woodies here, 2-0
Comstar vs Carnifex -   Carnifex is going to face a much stiffer challenge here, the zons will show him skill. 2-1 comstar.
Paelos vs Sjofn - Sjofn has this in the bag, or she's going to loserbowl. 2-0 norse.

Division 2:

Lamaros vs AndyDavo -   After the big build up above i'm looking forwards to the challenge, sadly the teams are mismatched and i'm going to smash my way to a win of 3 or more TD's. Two predictions i won't win. Really? Lamaros won't thank you, i'm now EXTRA motivated. 3-0 or 4-1 me.
Avaia vs Megrim - Megrim to edge this 1-0.
Haemish vs Luckton - Heam to have his first easy game, if he goes for pressure he should win by more than 2. 3-0 Heam.
Falconeer vs Reborne - Chocker Vs Bulldozer, doubt reborne can deal with the tackle so 2-1 Zonz

Division 3:

Kailas vs Strazos - 3-0 and 7+ cas to the norse - they should aim at a pitch clearence. Less = failure.
Ginaz vs Teleku - elven bullshit to win - 3-1
ICE vs Ramas - Ramas to hurt too many elves, 2-1 to him
Ulysees vs Krummi - 0-1

Division 4:

Cancklebiter vs Drogg - er 1-1. duno
Ruvaldt vs Bann - a proper test for the overconfident chaos. I want you in the playoffs. 1-1
Catfud vs SirT - a coach with ability vs a team built to hurt him. he should be ok, but it may be tight. 1-0 zons
Ezrast vs Brocktoon - Ezrasts best chance of a win thus far. but he will fail. 1-1
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:17:46 PM by AndyDavo »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 05:11:29 PM

a proper test for the overconfident chaos. I want you in the playoffs.

Oh, I'll be there.  I think I passed that test too.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:13:42 PM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 07:09:28 PM

Unless Andy sacks a player I have wizard, babes and an extra apoth. But he still has an awesome side and is the two time champion.

However all my stars are here for this one. The tackle mb blitzer would have helped, but the rat ogre is still in town. Will come down to the wizard and whoever gets the early injuries IMO.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 07:37:45 PM

After big noting myself in the predictions for round three I got my just deserts, getting only 9 of 15 in the round. That takes me to 31 and 14 for the season, with three games not predicted.

Division 1:

Celer vs Proudft - Proudft.
IainC vs Ingmar - Ingmar.
Comstar vs Carnifex - Comstar.
Paelos vs Sjofn - Sjofn.

Division 2:

Lamaros vs AndyDavo - Me.
Avaia vs Megrim - Megrim is good, but his two wins have been against the even jokier teams. This will be the first test to see if he is really in playoff contention. With Haem and Falc and I to follow he really needs this one. Dunno if he has enough inducements here. Draw.
Haemish vs Luckton - Haemish.
Falconeer vs Reborne - Falconeer.

Division 3:

Kailas vs Strazos - Strazos.
Ginaz vs Teleku - Teleku.
ICE vs Ramas - Draw.
Ulysees vs Krummi - Already played.

Division 4:

Cancklebiter vs Drogg - Drogg.
Ruvaldt vs Bann - Already played.
Catfud vs SirT - Llyse.
Ezrast vs Brocktoon - Ezrast.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:28:49 AM by lamaros »
Cancklebiter
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 12:47:45 AM

With one of my mummies out this week with -1 Agi now, thanks Bann, I'm thinking that droggs multiple str 4 guys will turn the tide for him for this match.

Drogg wins 2-1 w/ at least 1 dead skink.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 04:15:03 AM

Not a good round for predictions!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5, Day 4 Predictions  
Jump to: