Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:55:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1000512 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4515 on: October 15, 2015, 03:38:44 PM

At this point I would say that the best time to come back is with the Steam release. They are waiting on that until this balance pass is done because that will make 'mechs more durable across the board so the impact will be less traumatic for new players. Which is good for everyone. Also, no reason to learn a meta that is about to be wiped in a couple of months. Seriously, just wait for the Steam release.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4516 on: October 15, 2015, 04:18:18 PM

Yeah, that is what I was thinking, sorry I wasn't clear.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4517 on: October 28, 2015, 08:32:15 PM

PIranha is doing their trick or treat event. If you've bought a warhammer package you start with 25 treats to trade in.
I got a TBR-C Champion out of that. woot.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4518 on: October 29, 2015, 12:37:34 AM

No Timberwolf here  swamp poop

Not a big deal, I don't drive them anyway and I have the three from the Clan pack. STILLLLLLLL!!!!

Question: Do you know what a "Trick: 1 Machine Gun" is?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4519 on: October 29, 2015, 12:46:56 AM

No Timberwolf here  swamp poop

Not a big deal, I don't drive them anyway and I have the three from the Clan pack. STILLLLLLLL!!!!

Question: Do you know what a "Trick: 1 Machine Gun" is?

It's their gag gift.  You got a trick instead of a treat.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4520 on: November 04, 2015, 01:27:58 PM

Lots of new stuff on the Test Server right now. Most notably, a very welcome 4v4 mode, and the visibility profile for each 'mech which means that Assaults will be easier to target than Lights. As it should be. They are really doing good things in preparation for the Steam Launch.

• 'Mechs now possess a Target Profile value that influences the time it takes for it to be targeted.
• Various changes to Skill Tree values.
• Increase to Max Range of IS ER Large Laser and IS Large Pulse Laser (this reduces the amount of damage falloff beyond Optimal Range).
• Increase to Max Range of Clan Small and Medium Laser (this reduces the amount of damage falloff beyond Optimal Range)
• Heat Scale for IS Medium Pulse Lasers now matches the Heat Scale behavior for IS Medium Lasers.
• Adjustments to Clan and IS LRM spread values and cooldown rates.
• Boost to IS Single Heat Sink cooling rate.
• Reduction to Clan Double Heat Sink heat capacity.
• Increases to base speed values of Clan and IS SRM's/SSRM's.
• Cooldown period increased for Clan and IS Gauss Rifles.
• Laser range information displayed in the HUD will now properly reflect the focus range.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4521 on: November 04, 2015, 01:54:02 PM

Frankly I think assaults die to easily as it is right now so I can't see how making it easier to hit them is going to make things better?

Lights feel about right imho, MAYBE make them a little LESS survivable if anything. As a FS9-S pilot I feel like I can do pretty well if I don't stop moving but if I run into large enough group of mechs or get stopped I'm fucked pretty quickly. Just looked it up: I average over 300+ dam in that mech with a 1.88 kdr (#brabrag) better than just about all my other mechs. Does this potentially suit my play style? Yes but my other favourite is an Ilya with dual guass , a completely different type of mech.

I sometimes feel like it's easy mode with the FS9, I even feel guilty....

ok not really.. why so serious?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4522 on: November 05, 2015, 06:37:04 PM

Rifleman art.   awesome, for real
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4523 on: November 05, 2015, 11:45:49 PM

Yes!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4524 on: November 06, 2015, 06:21:56 AM

Nice looking, but it's just a Jager.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4525 on: November 06, 2015, 07:10:55 AM

Stop making really cool mechs out of stupid looking mechs, you fuckers.

Hic sunt dracones.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4526 on: November 06, 2015, 07:40:14 AM

So a ballistics mech in the heavy class with higher hard points than the CTF? Meh. Still at this point what more can they do. (Outside of giving us shit like different modes and stuff that might make the game more fun. #feelingbitter)

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4527 on: November 06, 2015, 08:11:31 AM

Funny cause originally a Jager was just a Rifleman. But now, yeah, it's true.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4528 on: November 06, 2015, 09:02:01 AM

Thatsthejoke.jpg

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4529 on: December 14, 2015, 02:39:11 AM

A lot of new stuff coming in 2016 as outlined by Russ Bullock at the Steam Launch Party.

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xR_Ugat1w

And here's the gist:

- Faction Warfare (Previously "Community Warfare") will allow 3 possible careers. Mercenary, Freelancer and Loyalist.
- All new UI for the three careers, as they will earn money and xp differently, engaging in different game modes. (as seen in the video above)
- 4 v 4 scouting missions, with a new objectgive where one team has to steal some data and scoot back to the extraction point alive.
- Decals, doing what you would expect from decals but judging from the video implemented properly.
- World Tournament with regional qualifiers and a $100.000 money prize.

Check out at least the first part of the video. Seems promising.

EDIT: video for the tournament. They are clearly gambling all they have left on the eSport angle.
EDIT 2: Video showing off decals
EDIT 3 Last edit for a proper version of the most important video. Faction Warfare phase 3 and Careers
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:53:59 PM by Falconeer »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4530 on: December 16, 2015, 01:55:13 PM

I wish my print screen button would work;  just basically carried a whole round.  Trusty old Highlander and 4 solo kills.

Nice.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4531 on: December 16, 2015, 02:12:00 PM

The beauty of coming back and finding your assaults armour all buffed up, eh?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4532 on: December 17, 2015, 01:51:58 AM

My Direwolf is still pretty shit for the money though.  Don't know if it's just the Mastery that helps, but my Highlanders Fuck.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4533 on: December 17, 2015, 03:43:46 PM

--Signature Unclear
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4534 on: December 18, 2015, 02:35:25 AM

AAAAAGH DAMN YOU FUCKERS!!

The Archer. The first mech I actually got good at on Tabletop. The Mech that I played in every game for years and which I was actually respected in usung in the dublin gamers. DAMN YOUR FUCKING EYES as I have to get this damn thing even if I only play it twice. *cries*

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4535 on: December 18, 2015, 02:49:44 AM

I actually feel the same way about the Marauder and the Archer, but I'm going to hold off until I can get them with imaginary money.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4536 on: December 18, 2015, 04:53:33 AM

awesome, for real

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4537 on: December 18, 2015, 07:51:27 AM

The problem with the Archer is that it's a missile boat.  I'm not big on missile boats in MWO, so it'll be a mostly unused 'mech for my purposes.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4538 on: December 18, 2015, 08:46:07 AM

Has the recent rebalance done anything for missiles?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4539 on: December 18, 2015, 10:40:58 AM

With the ecm nerf and missle changes I have seen more lrms lately.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4540 on: December 30, 2015, 10:49:54 AM

So not MWO related but I downloaded MechCommander gold for some nostalgia times. Still not a bad game, I really enjoy the salvage/lance construction/mech customization part of the game.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4541 on: January 08, 2016, 11:41:54 AM

you can get 7 days free premium time right just for signing up for their newsletter. Not a bad deal. 11 days till the Warhammer!

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4542 on: January 12, 2016, 01:07:56 PM

Forgotten how much fun the base game can be when you have a brand new mech to level and it's actually fun. I have found an assault I actually like! The AWS-8Q with PPCs  of doom. Handles like a heavy and those PPCs are oh so fast.

Throw in a few CW matches with an actual group on Teamspeak and I'm almost back on a fully fledged MWO kick. Just in time for my WHM to rock up.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4543 on: January 12, 2016, 03:42:20 PM

Yeah, every now and then I fire it up just for a game after a long break expecting to find it aged bad, and there I'm hooked again for another month. And my Warhammers are gonna be in the bag in 7 days.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4544 on: January 19, 2016, 01:44:16 PM

New patch is out. Warhammers.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #4545 on: February 01, 2016, 01:25:31 AM

Still trying not to suck at this game, ugh.  I can kinda do OK with my Atlas (though I'm kicking myself over not getting the ECM variant) and my Locust is finally at a point where it can do some work (I don't generally top the damage charts, but I can at least mess with the enemy team enough to make it stupidly fun to play) but I still blow half my matches in my Marauder.  Maybe it's because half the time I get stuck on Polar Goddamn Highlands and the Marauder is not a LRM mech, but it's hard to do consistently well with it.  On paper I love the build I'm using, 5 mpl and 1 ac10, with the lasers for brawling and the AC for sniping, but unlike a LRM mech I can't sit behind cover and fling shit over the wall for the first half of the match which means I'm generally wading in to the brawling phase with half my armor missing.  Maybe the XL engine is screwing me over, I dunno.  But the variants that have jump jets all have XL engines so I either can't use JJs or I have to blow millions on a new engine.  Rrgh.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:50:08 AM by Kail »
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4546 on: February 01, 2016, 07:40:22 AM

So yeah, Marauders and Warhammers look like fun but basically they suck. Low hardpoints means you cant pad much, oh and LOSE THE XL! Frankly there is nothing more fun than finding a heavy with an XL, easy kill!

I also feel like they occupy a bad place where they aren't quite assaults and not quite heavies , frankly I despise my Warhammers. Well I tolerate my 6R which I put a standard engine and two ac20s in...:D But then I have to pray that I don't get Polar Highlands.

You can put XLs in the lighter heavies where maybe you aren't going to get picked on so much (I use XLs in my Jagers and Cataphracts, lotsa dakka dakka is fun).

LRM boats right now are overpowered. It's also one place where you might use an XL on an assault. I'm running a AWS-8R with 4 LRM15s and TAG. That mech is ridicolous.

Another way to have fun and also make great cash is put NARC on a light and just run around narcing everything for your LRM boats. I have a RVN-3L I do that with and I make fantastic cash while only doing 100-200 damage a game.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:57:04 AM by Shannow »

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4547 on: February 01, 2016, 08:07:41 PM

Kodiak is the next new clan mech.  Looks awesome.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4548 on: February 02, 2016, 01:07:34 AM

Holy Shit.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4549 on: February 02, 2016, 04:39:26 PM

Dammit that looks so good.  It's going to be really hard to avoid spending whatever unreasonable amount of money they want for that.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: