Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:28:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch 128: Shyvana 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 128: Shyvana  (Read 6008 times)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

on: October 29, 2011, 09:56:41 AM

Well, that was quick!

Patch preview: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/shyvana-patch-preview-balance-and-gameplay-changes
tl;dw: graves nerf nerf nerf; olaf ult shorter, but comes with cleanse; wukong small buffs and bug fixes; shaco gets quicker but less damaging boxes a little more burst.

Champ ability desc: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/shyvana-half-dragon-revealed
Whoa, that looks fun and awesome. Build AP, then double lichbane cleave?

Patch notes: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/shyvana-patch-notes
woo: surprise talon nerfs. (that actually look like they might be meaningful)

Champ spotlight: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-spotlight-shyvana-half-dragon
Looks fun, but didn't realize the almost complete lack of CC.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:08:22 AM by tastyhat »
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 01:28:58 PM

Do they release lists of changes yet or still just the video?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:45:36 AM

Nope, no lists of changes yet, I'll add when it comes out
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 05:08:46 AM

Patch notes and champ preview up! Raaar dragons.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:30:46 AM

Still haven't unfucked dominion.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 09:41:09 AM

So has anyone tried shyvana? I bought her this morning but am still at work.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 10:06:10 AM

I haven't tried her, but I was laning with one.  Seems like an viable option as a melee character, but she doesn't strike me as something I must buy.  Then again, I'm still a relative newbie that is still learning to play all the existing characters I have.   The one ability with the fire around her (I have no idea what its called) reminded me abit of Amumu's Despair in that its great for finishing people off if they don't start running away sooner than they normally would.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 10:58:32 AM

I had a few fights against her as Trynd in a Dominion game. She was tough to kill.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 05:11:09 PM

I played a few games, I sucked obviously but it was an ok first impression. In Dominion she hit like a truck and could take down two dudes with her ulti. In SR she got focused down all the time, but in the end proved to be a good chaser.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 05:18:23 PM

im finding her a very good jungler

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 05:27:28 PM

Thing you have to remember is that Trynd is a hard carry, and sucks pretty hard early. Especially if you're stuck in a poke lane, you need to just try to stay alive and farm as best you can.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Thing you have to remember is that Trynd is a hard carry, and sucks pretty hard early. Especially if you're stuck in a poke lane, you need to just try to stay alive and farm as best you can.

Meant for the other thread?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 05:47:59 PM

probably. awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 07:00:45 AM

im finding her a very good jungler

I am pretty terrible as a jungler but with her I felt pretty competent. She is honestly one of the better junglers I have seen lately and her speed boost aoe thing allows her to zip around from point to point really darn quick even before you get your boots. Guessing she is probably a decent counter jungler due to her movement speed she could get in steal some stuff and zip back to safety.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 07:10:32 AM

jungles super super quick. ganks are kind of hard. I'd pick her as a jungler if my lanes had enough CC to make the ganks work

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 07:17:41 AM

Yeah I jungle with her well but I can't seem to get any good ganks in early. I think she really needs her ult first so she can use it to push opponents up towards your tower.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 03:21:11 PM

I think her ulti is bugged and that's a major reason for underperfoming. She tends to drop her target halfway and breaks autoattack, which leads to a big lot of nothing.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 06:01:11 AM

Gonna QQ again, as I'm getting more and more underwhelmed with Shyvana the more I play. Dragon charge is useless and even detrimental unless coming from behind, and without it she has no team fight skills. As jungler she cannot prevent the enemy from retreating and in lane she cannot kill even those characters she dominates, because once again they will just walk away.

Really turning me off this shit is, I don't like spending money and/or time on something that was either insufficiently playtested or panic nerfed before release.  

fake edit: ironically, the Master Yi spoof video build of Zeal spam is one of the best I've tried for Shyv.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 06:07:30 AM by jakonovski »
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 06:08:50 AM

Really turning me off this shit is, I don't like spending money and/or time on something that was either insufficiently playtested or panic nerfed before release.  

Then don't buy champions immediately on release? 
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 06:17:10 AM

Then don't buy champions immediately on release?  

I usually don't, but I figured it'd be nice to learn something completely new for a change. I suppose I should've known that after Graves they'd make sure the next one wasn't too strong.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 07:57:02 AM

I like going triforce and some form of lifesteal usually wriggles, mov3 boots and maybe gunblade

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 08:43:47 AM

I usually start with Wriggles, MR booties (leaning heavily towards speed 3 boots because as mentioned she is the most kitable champion ever devised) and Wit's End. Then I go Zeals or Frozen Mallet and whatevs is required by the situation. The best way to win solo queue however is to farm the dragon. Shyv can solo it pretty quickly.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch 128: Shyvana  
Jump to: