Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Indie Royale 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Indie Royale  (Read 2838 times)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

on: October 27, 2011, 12:13:10 AM

Linky

This seems to be a Humble Bundle-esque offering, with 4 'good' indie games being sold at a crazy low price with the option of paying more. The price of the bundle started at $2, goes up with every sale, and goes down if someone pays more than the 'normal' price. All games activate on Steam and/or Desura, but you can also download them separately if you want.

edit: This is what the Xmas bundle has:

The Blackwell Trilogy remastered - a very good point-and-click adventure game series. IMO the bundle is worth buying for this alone -- I have bought the original bundle for $20 and felt it was a good deal even for that.
Eets - seems to be an interesting Lemmings/Incredible Machine mix
Dino D-Day - mixed feelings, may be worth to check out?
The Oil Blue - no idea

(old post below)
Right now the price is around $5. The bundle contains:

A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda - no idea, some sort of sidescroller?
Gemini Rue - a point-and-click adventure game (I played other games from the same developer, they're pretty good)
Sanctum - FPS tower defense game. See thread here
Nimbus - a physics puzzle/racing game by f13'er Sairon, thread here

All games can be activated on steam once you get the bundle (in case of GR, you have to email the developer for a steam code since the game was released on steam after the launch of the bundle).

May be worthwhile to check out, especially while the prices are so low (Gemini Rue itself is $10 normally)...

edit: after some investigation, it seems like this is connected with Desura, a Steam wannabe for indie games / mods... anyone got any info on that?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:46:32 PM by Zetor »

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 12:20:58 AM

Giantbomb did an ARES quick look when it came out originally. It seemed mildly interesting.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ares-extinction-agenda/17-3733/ 
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 02:44:49 AM

I almost bought this game last night. Gemini Rue available on: windows, desura

I hope they plan to give Steam keys for it as well. I believe I read that they do somewhere. Same goes with Sanctum for desura.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:39:20 AM

Sucks that I have Sanctum and I'm not interested in any of the others.

Anyone want a free bundle? I'd still like to give money to the cause.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 09:39:27 PM

Just bought Gemini Rue then saw this.  Oops.  Oh well, I'm supporting indie adventure game developers.  I can live with that.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 04:18:43 AM

I've got two spare keys. Sanctum and Nimbus.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 11:49:44 PM

11 hours until the sale is over.

Having played Gemini Rue and Nimbus, I'd say those two titles are easily worth $10 on their own -- $3.56 (current price) for all 4 games seems like a bargain to me.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 03:17:12 PM

Anyone want a free bundle? I'd still like to give money to the cause.

Keep in mind that, unlike the Humble Bundle, there is no charity involved in this, so the "cause" is revenue for indie devs.

A worthwhile endeavor, to be sure, but I suspect more than a few people bought into this thinking that the money is going to charity due to the comparisons with the Humble Bundle.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 09:34:02 PM

There have been a few indie royale bundles since the original, but they weren't that interesting imo.

The xmas bundle, however, is pretty decent because it has the entire Blackwell Trilogy included. They're made by the same indie 'studio' that made Gemini Rue andit's a pretty good 'old-school style' point and click adventure game series. I didn't regret paying $20 for the trilogy before, so at $4 it's a steal.

e: it also seems to have EETS which seems to be an interesting Lemmings / Incredible Machine combo, and Dino D-day which was apparently craptastic, though a patch may have improved it. No idea about The Oil Blue.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:43:35 PM by Zetor »

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 10:53:51 PM

I got this one for the Blackwell Trilogy, which had been on my radar for a while.  Psyched, as I can't really get enough of classic adventure gaming in my life.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 01:29:35 PM

New bundle is the Alpha Bundle. We have a minecraft fps. A lost vikings clone! And....

Someone is trying to make Dwarf Fortress with Graphics. Towns is its name.

I approve of this whole bundle.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Indie Royale  
Jump to: