Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Forum Security Breached 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum Security Breached  (Read 10749 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: October 18, 2011, 06:23:52 AM

Got this - I think it's legit

Greetings,

Turbine is concerned that a third-party recently may have attempted to access forum account information. There is no indication at this time that your account was modified or compromised. For your protection we suggest you change the password to a unique, hard to guess password not associated with any other sites or services. If you changed your password after October 11th, then you can disregard this message.

To change your password, please follow these steps:
Go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/ and click on "Forgot your password?" You may also click this in the game launcher.

Follow the instructions on how to recover your password. A new password will be sent to this e-mail address.

Once you have received the password reset e-mail, change your password. Please remember to use unique, hard-to guess passwords that are not associated with other online services or sites.
Turbine takes your account security seriously. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at https://support.turbine.com/. You may submit a new inquiry to our Customer Service team, and they will be able to assist you further.

Thank you,

Turbine Support

The forums' passwords are different to the ingame ones, aren't they? I don't think I've ever used their forums.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 06:47:44 AM

No. and it is legit. Forum name display isn't the same as account iirc, but it's been the same password since they redid the system for my.lotro
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 10:06:37 AM

No. and it is legit. Forum name display isn't the same as account iirc, but it's been the same password since they redid the system for my.lotro

Isn't integrated login such a wonderful convenience?

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 01:10:42 PM

Sigh. Fucking morons.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 09:02:11 PM

Isn't integrated login such a wonderful convenience?

If by "integrated", you mean "pants-on-head stupid", yes. Sigh.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 09:03:59 AM

Changed one random string of sixteen characters for another.  Next.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 01:45:30 PM

Doesn't really matter because the flaw wasn't you or your passwords it was their server security.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 02:06:20 PM

Went to Turbine's site to change my password, and was greeted by the following message:
This site functions optimally with Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher. If you are seeing this message, we have detected you are not currently using a Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browser. We recommend you change browsers to ensure a clean browsing experience.
What is this, 2006 still?

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 08:12:25 AM

Talk to browser makes who still ignore standards.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 11:43:37 AM

Talk to browser makes who still ignore standards.

Like Internet Explorer, AMIRITE?  why so serious?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 08:45:40 PM

Doesn't really matter because the flaw wasn't you or your passwords it was their server security.

Well, the important thing is that I wasn't using my memorable password, which I would have to change on Important Shit due to a breach.

Downside to this is that I can't reasonably use a random string for, say, PSN due to the console interface.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Forum Security Breached  
Jump to: