Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:13:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #2  (Read 24946 times)
Cancklebiter
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: October 24, 2011, 11:38:22 PM

Ex-Presidents 2 - 0 Llium Crusher

A ferocious first half was fought as our two teams savaged one another relentlessly.  I managed to get Franklin Pierce to the endzone in my third or fourth turn, but I thought it was prime time for Millard Fillmore to claw up some mummies so that the second half would be easier.  I wasn't able to put together any serious armor breaks though and scored on my round 7 after delaying for a little while.  Canckle had two turns to try to score, but seemed more intent on bashing me and didn't pick up the ball until his 8th round!

At halftime I kicked off to the undead and prepared myself for a ghoulish charge.  I was unable to get any traction bashing the undead and Canckle's sure hands ghoul pretty much dodged at will across the field.  Though he probably could have scored on two turns Canckle held back and watched me flop around trying to block his ball carrying ghoul seven times unsuccessfully, but Canckle then attempted a very difficult pass, which was more difficult than I think he realized, and Thomas Jefferson picked up the fumbled ball.  I was able to score my second TD on my 16th turn to end the game.

No lasting injuries on my side but Jimmy Carter narrowly avoided death and will only be missing the next match.  Millard Fillmore won mvp and is well on his way to level 6.  Canckle might be new to this league but he's a very good player.  I'm glad I played him early in the season because those mummies of his are going to be a menace later on.

Edit: game uploaded.

Twas a great game.  Millard Fillmore is one of the single scariest bloodblowl players I've ever gone up against.  I think he only failed to murderball anyone he went after only one on my ninja ghoul who spend the game getting pushed or defendered down the whole game.  His passing skill might need some work though, I really shouldn't of tried to pass a ball w/ an agility 3 ghoul with 4 enemies in his tackle zone.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #106 on: October 25, 2011, 01:42:44 AM

That leaves only the Avaia vs Reborne match to finish the game day off.
We're having a lot of trouble finding times that work.
Things like work and kids keep getting in the way.
Sorry for slowing everything down :(

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #107 on: October 25, 2011, 08:30:04 AM

Not to be a dick about this, but you've had 9 days, and you only have 2 left.

Get it done.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: October 25, 2011, 08:58:06 AM

Not to be a dick about this, but you've had 9 days, and you only have 2 left.

Get it done.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #109 on: October 25, 2011, 10:11:06 AM

As much as I understand the desire to go on, please refrain from pressuring anyone about playing. Last thing we want is people not signing up for a new season due to a perceived pressure on playing early. There's a deadline, and it has been conceived wide enough so to take into account different lifestyles and RL issues. After the deadline you deserve corporal punishment for not playing your game and letting everybody down. But before the deadline everyone is always and absolutely cool.

That said, there's a loophole: harassing other coaches for not playing their matches IN CHARACTER is totally allowed and encouraged.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #110 on: October 25, 2011, 10:20:30 AM

As much as I understand the desire to go on, please refrain from pressuring anyone about playing. Last thing we want is people not signing up for a new season due to a perceived pressure on playing early. There's a deadline, and it has been conceived wide enough so to take into account different lifestyles and RL issues. After the deadline you deserve corporal punishment for not playing your game and letting everybody down. But before the deadline everyone is always and absolutely cool.

That said, there's a loophole: harassing other coaches for not playing their matches IN CHARACTER is totally allowed and encouraged.

I can respect that, and I won't harass anyone on that point again. Let me offer this as a suggestion.

I believe that having a deadline of 11 days encourages people to put it off. You will always have a last minute player who just didn't make it a priority that week because the deadline still had a few days left on it. Barring a vacation, I don't think anybody is so damn busy that they can't find time once over a two weekend period to get one game in. I was also not pleased that on the first week we already had to extend the deadline a day because people did exactly that. A game is a game, but I dislike the fact that the overwhelming majority of games are played in 7 days, but we wait 4 more for like 2 games.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #111 on: October 25, 2011, 11:12:54 AM

The deadline was extended in the first week, but we didn't actually play in the extension.  All games were completed during the original deadline.  Llyse and I actually tried to play a week prior to when the game finally took place but had some technical problems.  As it happens, Sir T and Canckle's game, which took the second longest to complete, was delayed for the same problems.  No one was stalling or not making the game a priority, we just had some pretty big hurdles to get over in order to play our matches.

You're right that everyone should have an hour or two over a weekend to play; the challenge is finding the right one or two hours for two people who are a large distance away from one another.  In my first two games I've played against Llyse, who lives in Korea, and Canckle, who lives in Germany, while in the middle of a move, personally, and also housesitting for a friend.  Llyse was also moving and without internet, as was I, for several days.  My four matches in the Feeder League tournament, on the other hand, were all completed in the span of a week, I think.  Sometimes it is just plain difficult for two people to agree to a time to play even though they individually play a lot during different hours.

Per Falconeer's instructions, however, the next part of this post will be written in-character.  *ahem*

Millard Fillmore: Play your damned game, Avaia and Rebourne, or I'll burn your houses down and claw your faces!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: October 25, 2011, 11:15:09 AM

Caleb the Ripper : Raawwwrrargleargle wwwaauuurr.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 25, 2011, 11:37:29 AM

Don't make me break this chaos team too, Paelos.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

17 hour difference in timezones and different work schedules (and other shit, yeah) have made setting up a time difficult.  That said, we are scheduled for tomorrow morning (for me).

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #114 on: October 25, 2011, 12:19:02 PM

17 hour difference in timezones and different work schedules (and other shit, yeah) have made setting up a time difficult.  That said, we are scheduled for tomorrow morning (for me).

My chaos have armor this time! Ask Ingmar! RAWR!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #115 on: October 25, 2011, 12:52:11 PM

Squeak!

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #116 on: October 25, 2011, 02:36:54 PM

Just dropping this here as an FYI:

On Nov 3 I will know if I am to proceed with my extremely lengthy overseas move. If everything goes well, from the 4th through the 12th my ability to play will be spotty at best, but I'll see what I can do. After that...well, it depends on how quickly my air baggage makes it way to me, and how quickly I can get internet set up. While it may be annoying, I'm sure some of my opponents would be more than happy to accept a forfeit.

If things don't go well...well, I'll let folks know how that affects my scheduling.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: October 25, 2011, 03:48:39 PM

You can't have a 17 hour time difference, the most you can possibly have is 12. I know Americans don't understand what lies outside their borders or venture beyond them, but i did think they had a grasp of how to tell the time and what it was in different places in the world!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #118 on: October 25, 2011, 03:51:30 PM

You can't have a 17 hour time difference, the most you can possibly have is 12. I know Americans don't understand what lies outside their borders or venture beyond them, but i did think they had a grasp of how to tell the time and what it was in different places in the world!

Technically incorrect, if you factor the date in.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 25, 2011, 04:00:23 PM

Man, everyone's jumpy the past 48 hours or so...
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #120 on: October 25, 2011, 04:37:50 PM

Don't rush on MY account, boys. I have to play Ingmar next.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: October 25, 2011, 04:44:41 PM

Technically incorrect, if you factor the date in.

I was talking hours - I never said days, so infact I am correct. You are never more than 12 hours different. Look at it from the perspective of either player, they can not be 17 hours ahead of the other, they can only be behind or ahead a maximum of 12 hours and that is if they are on exact opposite sides of the earth. Unless of course America is special, but lets not degenerate to this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuQUZ-bCXbI&feature=related
Strazos

Reply #122 on: October 25, 2011, 04:57:40 PM

I'd posit that the date difference is pretty damn important if it's in effect.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: October 25, 2011, 04:59:49 PM

I'd posit that the date difference is pretty damn important if it's in effect.

Insightful...
Strazos

Reply #124 on: October 25, 2011, 05:13:08 PM

Better than shitting up threads with turd fights over maximum time differences, especially when the exact number was completely immaterial.

Fear the Backstab!
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: October 25, 2011, 05:38:04 PM

I must have caught you at the wrong time of the month.

I was pointing out someone was incorrect, I was also hoping that we would get this game played. On a side note, I am suprised that we are allowed 9 days to play a game. All other leagues play from a Wednesday to Tuesday format. Everyone always knows were they are then.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: October 25, 2011, 05:43:41 PM

Quit yer whinging the bunch of you.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: October 25, 2011, 05:46:09 PM

Seriously, at least you people don't have to worry about Halfling problems, like

awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: October 25, 2011, 06:46:17 PM

The deadline was extended in the first week, but we didn't actually play in the extension.  All games were completed during the original deadline.  Llyse and I actually tried to play a week prior to when the game finally took place but had some technical problems.  As it happens, Sir T and Canckle's game, which took the second longest to complete, was delayed for the same problems.  No one was stalling or not making the game a priority, we just had some pretty big hurdles to get over in order to play our matches.

And for the record, and Cankle can back me up on this, if those technical problems weren't there we would have had our game wrapped on the third day.

Hic sunt dracones.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #129 on: October 25, 2011, 06:50:00 PM

+1 Blood Bowl should be about me beating up Lamaros and choking in the finals  awesome, for real

How does it feel to play dirty Dwarves SirT and have your first ever win?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: October 25, 2011, 06:54:26 PM

Love Letters Rock on! Woot! In love  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #131 on: October 25, 2011, 07:35:07 PM

/low5

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: October 26, 2011, 12:33:38 AM

I must have caught you at the wrong time of the month.

I was pointing out someone was incorrect, I was also hoping that we would get this game played. On a side note, I am suprised that we are allowed 9 days to play a game. All other leagues play from a Wednesday to Tuesday format. Everyone always knows were they are then.

We are so not all other Leagues. That's why this League works. Or, on another hand, that's why you got the guy who doesn't take well subtle sexist jokes.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: October 26, 2011, 02:51:17 AM

+1 Blood Bowl should be about me beating up Lamaros and choking in the finals  awesome, for real

I dunno, you would have to finish 4th in your group to meet me in the finals.

And I don't think you'll make it.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #134 on: October 26, 2011, 06:29:14 AM

Avaia and Reborne are playing right now!

It's 1am for Reborne and Avaia is dodging work (I'm guessing)  awesome, for real
Cancklebiter
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: October 26, 2011, 06:35:07 AM

And for the record, and Cankle can back me up on this, if those technical problems weren't there we would have had our game wrapped on the third day.

Yea I haven't shipped my computer out yet from the States after my move to Germany so I had to talk to the IT guy at work about unlocking ports for my on my work PC =).  Sir T and I did try and play like the 1st or 2nd day the league when we found we both needed to work da magic on the ports before we could play.

Thanks for whom ever posted the Technical help section allowed me the exact information I needed to have IT unlock the ports.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #136 on: October 26, 2011, 08:00:17 AM

Ok, game played. Again, sorry for the delay.

Wrestlers 0 - 2 Bleating

Man, this game was just not working for me.
Avaia's Halfling Chef was showing joke team solidarity and gave him a grand total of 1 reroll (0,1)
But in a crazy turn of events, his wizard was not only remembered, but actually worked  ACK!

Game started with me kicking and there being a quick snap that made the first move of the game one of my snotlings being K.O.'d

After that I remember many bone heads, very few injuries (I ended up with 2 badly hurt snotlings and Avaia's MVP rotter is missing next game due to a groin strain) A pitch invasion that stunned half his team but nuffle decided that was plain unfair and didn't let me do much of anything with that.

I learnt that disturbing presence applies to hand offs as well as actual passes, which meant that my snotlings were pretty much just there for fodder and since Sid was having a hard time holding on to the ball, there wasn't much chance of scoring.

Avaia played a good game, not letting me have any obvious openings and constantly putting pressure on my ogres while slowing getting rid of my snotlings.
A fun game :)

One day I'm going to get a snotling throw to actually work.
One day...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:08:43 AM by Reborne »

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: October 26, 2011, 09:12:53 AM

Nothing overly exciting in our match.  I got a nice roll on the opening kickoff as mentioned, and reborne got the same to start off the second half.  I would've liked to have scored more casualties, but it was not to be.  My poor beast is stuck at 15/16 SPP, joined by a goat.

I expected a lot of injuries this game on both sides, I can't really complain about only having a rotter MNG.

BBM shows mostly kind dice for both sides, although Reborne certainly had a fit of boneheads on turn 1.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: October 26, 2011, 04:33:57 PM

Here's for hoping my 20K winnings get magically switched to 70K!  awesome, for real
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: October 27, 2011, 05:08:03 AM

Awesome. Game Day #3 will be ready for everyone to play in a few hours.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #2  
Jump to: