Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #2  (Read 24947 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 07:53:59 PM

Dwarves win 2-0 in a pretty unremarkable, remarkably bloodless game (we threw over 200 block dice between the two of us and there were only 3 injuries, and only 16 armor breaks at all.) I don't think either of us leveled anyone, I will have my lesser troll slayer missing the next game.

South Park Smackdown | 0 - 2 | Beardstorm!

Teams
South Park SmackdownBeardstorm!
Race : ChaosDwarf
TV : 12501910
Treasury : 1000070000
Rerolls : 54
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 28
Cheerleaders : 20

Match Report
South Park SmackdownBeardstorm!
Score : 02
Touchdowns inflicted : 02
Touchdowns sustained : 20
Passes : 00
Catches : 00
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 412
KOs inflicted : 03
Injuries inflicted : 02
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 12
Yards gained passing : 26
Yards gained running : 1854
Ball Possession (%) : 4350
Own occupation: 7326
Opponent occupation : 2673
Note of the match: 10/20
Spectators: 25000
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:55:39 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #71 on: October 20, 2011, 07:55:50 PM

I tried to make the game as boring as possible. Luckily my armor held up and I got out alive!

Also, UCLA played tonight against Arizona. Or should I say UCLA didn't show up and Arizona ran in so many points they cut the feed at halftime.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 21, 2011, 05:58:25 AM

Not going to be about tomorrow morn/tonight falc, something has come up. Will still be around in general over this weekend though.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 21, 2011, 10:49:06 PM

Strazos, I think we have reached the point where we should probably just set a time. I can play pretty much anytime tomorrow (Saturday), and Sunday afternoon; if anywhere in there works for you just let me know.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 22, 2011, 02:51:26 AM

lyse just wrecked HHB, maybe for good.  1-0 Alive Not Dead, who also inflicted five injuries, including career enders to boqjah, my star skink, and a saurus that just got block (and was given mvp really just to rub it in).  HHB, in a retaliatory frenzy, managed to...knock out a wight. once.  otherwise the lizards ate dirt and cowered while the bad guys ran rampant.  nuffle even stunned like three quarters of the undead on my last recieve just to make it look like i maybe had a chance, haha.  ha.  : Sad Panda

this whole "one double my whole career, on a str 1 skink, and no stat ups" is starting to become more and more a thorn in my side  cry
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #75 on: October 22, 2011, 06:26:32 AM

Gonna be kind of difficult for me to set a specific time, as I'm in and out a lot this weekend.

However, feel free to just message me on Steam, and I'll see what can be done.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #76 on: October 22, 2011, 12:39:52 PM

Paper Armor Dolls 4 - Zellar Dwellarz 0

This was never going to be anything but a frustrating dickstomping. I started with 4 rats dead or out of the game, against a 1950 TV team full of block, tackle, guard, +1STR, and all sorts of crazy shit. 840k of inducements got me Morg n Thorg, a 2nd apoth, another reroll and a broodweiser babe, but it was never enough. I got close to scoring once on the 14th turn, but did the order completely wrong and left the ballcarrier flapping the breeze. Morg ended up causing 2 casualties and eating up my MVP, and my winnings were 10k. The ONLY positive is that Andy's armor rolls on me were total shit - 38%, so I ended up with no casualties. I also ended up with no SPP, so no new level ups, and not enough money to replace my dead stormvermin or thrower.

I look forward to playing a game against an opponent I might actually have a chance against. Even full strength, the difference in skills would have been almost impossible to get over.

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 22, 2011, 01:09:38 PM

While the scoreline was correct I think my opponant does not do himself justice. It was a  game that I had to think carefully about and he would have been able to almost score at will had he got the same tv as myself. He also could have created a few more opportunites had kick off results gone against him - see blitz second kick off or Riots 3rd and 4th, or indeed pitch invasion 1st.  I look forwards to another match on a more even footing.  The game has been uploaded by Heam and by myself so i deleted my upload.

Next up Vamps... Tastey....
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 22, 2011, 01:10:32 PM

Can anyone tell me if they see my match against Ezrast up on BBM? Im 95% sure I did it right, and going into BBM I see a record of the match, but there is a tiny part of me that thinks I'm only seeing the match on my side. Every time I fire up Bloodbowl to see if the match has been validated yet and seeing me still at just 1 game played I become more and more convinced I did something wrong.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 22, 2011, 01:12:18 PM

Yes it is there - you won 3-0 according to that upload.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: October 22, 2011, 02:04:04 PM

Can anyone tell me if they see my match against Ezrast up on BBM? Im 95% sure I did it right, and going into BBM I see a record of the match, but there is a tiny part of me that thinks I'm only seeing the match on my side. Every time I fire up Bloodbowl to see if the match has been validated yet and seeing me still at just 1 game played I become more and more convinced I did something wrong.

The only thing you did wrong is expect Falc to update matches in a timely manner.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 22, 2011, 02:09:02 PM

Just checked my team, and one of my runners went up a level. gave him block. One of my blockers is out for the next game.

Hic sunt dracones.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 22, 2011, 02:13:05 PM

I remember the golden age of season 2, when you'd finish a match and in about an hour shit was all like BAM validated bitches!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:15:25 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: October 22, 2011, 02:18:39 PM

THE DEVS MODS GAMESMASTERS GUY WHO PUSHES BUTTON DOESN'T CARE ANYMORE!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:37:04 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: October 22, 2011, 02:44:03 PM

'tis a slap in the face...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #85 on: October 22, 2011, 03:42:35 PM

Dark Souls is eating me alive...

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 22, 2011, 05:42:01 PM

2-1 to the Rats. But Rhomulus died again. This time I am not reanimating him.

Game featured the greatest wizard fireball on record. 2 KOed, 2 concussed and 1 knocked down.

No level ups for me and my star player is missing next game.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:49:02 PM by lamaros »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: October 22, 2011, 05:54:44 PM

Seriously, I was 1 player over him (my ten to his nine) and 3 squares away from TD with nobody around... and his fireball fried my whole team, and sent the ball back to his unmarked players so he could score on my drive. That was the beginning of the end, and it was only turn 3 I think. I've never seen an inducement work better than this  awesome, for real

Game was fun somehow. Lots of casualties and lots of attempt to kill valuable players. I went for his MV10 Gutter Runner, and I ended up injuring everyone but that guy. He actively pursied Sylvia Plath who managed to get out of the game alive while actually getting Level 5.

I lost, but I was afraid of getting vaporized by the rats, so somehow I'm not that bitter (despite the clownshoes fireball and a well placed double skull).

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: October 22, 2011, 06:18:12 PM

It was a bit of a strange game. A lesser fireball might have helped me out and stopped him scoring, but the one I got gave me the score in the first half, which in turn pretty much gave me the game. With my range and speed and a player advantage I managed to run out time safely and score on the half. I took a bribe with me and was fouling every turn, so it could have been a lot worse for Falc if my luck continued, but nuffle decided that the fireball was more than enough.

Even with 3/4 v 1/2 KOds returning in the second half I was hard to stop scoring. Though he did re-roll in to double skulls for a turnover, I had a good chance to score even if that hadn't happened.

From 2-0 up I wasn't going to lose so Falc tried to grind me down and injure some rats. In the end I nearly made it 3-0 after the dauntless runners cut loose, but was also lucky not to have one of my GRs pick up a permanent injury.

Sad to lose my MB blitzer, especially as he had tackle and I have halflings and snotlings coming up.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:21:07 PM by lamaros »
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: October 22, 2011, 07:36:03 PM

Fuck this game.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #90 on: October 22, 2011, 07:42:33 PM

edit:  NM, thought this was the thread for the other league!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:24:59 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Strazos

Reply #91 on: October 22, 2011, 07:52:49 PM

Got the game in with ICE this evening.

Things start off...bizarre for the Norse. The elves receive and proceed to plow their way up the pitch, taking out two of my players in the process. However, I still managed to pop the ball out, and it eventually finds its way into a midfield scrum, when suddenly...

It's like nothing happened - everyone back to starting positions.

This time, the Norse win the toss and elect to receive, and the games tilts in a much more...Norsely direction. As they plod up the pitch, elves start to get tossed aside like a proper viking tosses aside empty tankards. By the end of the half the Norse are up 1-0, and there are a number of elves in the box who would not be returning.

The second half only goes slightly better for ICE, as the Norse continue to wreak havoc throughout the pitch. However, the latter stages of the game were a bit interesting as the elves managed to execute a textbook ladder play to tie the game midway through the second half. However, it only served to taunt the elves, as they were not afforded much of a chance to score again once the ball was safely back in the hands of the Norse. After cleaning most of the pitch of the elves, Diplomatic Immunity casually walks in the game-winner on turn 16.

ICE was a good sport through, especially after the reset when he was in a decent position. Unfortunately, the dice just did not help him much.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Strazos

Reply #92 on: October 23, 2011, 10:37:23 AM

As a follow-up, Falc was able to validate the game. I did not receive any special rolls, so the lineman and beserker who leveled up both received tackle. I was really hoping to take dodge on him for protection, but oh well.

Fear the Backstab!
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: October 23, 2011, 02:45:29 PM

So five turns into the game I was up two casualties to none, including his strength 4 tackler and one of his Guard pieces; I still had both my apothecaries and the ball was surrounded by players close to the Norse end-zone. A score for me was likely given my numbers advantage. Then my treeman knocks over a Norse player and we get a brand new Network Desync error courtesy of Cyanide and the game has to be replayed.

After TWO turns of the replay I am down both my Guard players. By the end of the half I have permanently lost my most valuable player and one other, have no apothecaries, and am down a touchdown. By the end of the game another elf is dead and a third is permanently retired with a -AV injury.

So I basically went from a nearly ideal start to a complete nightmare that basically ruined my season, and from a probable win or draw to a loss, all because Cyanide can't code a game that can actually recover from network errors elegantly, let alone allow an online game to be saved and reloaded, or anything else.

Completely frustrating and pretty much tanked my desire to play out the rest of the season.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: October 23, 2011, 03:03:50 PM

I feel your pain, ICE. The 2 games I did really well in the last two seasons both crashed out and I had to restart them. One was actually against Andydavo and it was looking like a 1 all draw and I was caging up and playing well, but in the replay he thrashed me 5 nil. There's nothing that will suck out the will to play like stupid networking shit.

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos

Reply #95 on: October 23, 2011, 03:04:23 PM

Yeah, the new errors were pretty aggravating. We managed to play through it twice, but then I went to knock someone over and the game became irrecoverable.

Fear the Backstab!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: October 24, 2011, 09:36:12 AM

Made a thread about it.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #97 on: October 24, 2011, 09:57:10 AM

Ex-Presidents 2 - 0 Llium Crusher

A ferocious first half was fought as our two teams savaged one another relentlessly.  I managed to get Franklin Pierce to the endzone in my third or fourth turn, but I thought it was prime time for Millard Fillmore to claw up some mummies so that the second half would be easier.  I wasn't able to put together any serious armor breaks though and scored on my round 7 after delaying for a little while.  Canckle had two turns to try to score, but seemed more intent on bashing me and didn't pick up the ball until his 8th round!

At halftime I kicked off to the undead and prepared myself for a ghoulish charge.  I was unable to get any traction bashing the undead and Canckle's sure hands ghoul pretty much dodged at will across the field.  Though he probably could have scored on two turns Canckle held back and watched me flop around trying to block his ball carrying ghoul seven times unsuccessfully, but Canckle then attempted a very difficult pass, which was more difficult than I think he realized, and Thomas Jefferson picked up the fumbled ball.  I was able to score my second TD on my 16th turn to end the game.

No lasting injuries on my side but Jimmy Carter narrowly avoided death and will only be missing the next match.  Millard Fillmore won mvp and is well on his way to level 6.  Canckle might be new to this league but he's a very good player.  I'm glad I played him early in the season because those mummies of his are going to be a menace later on.

Edit: game uploaded.

Synopsis of the game:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:02:30 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #98 on: October 24, 2011, 10:23:55 AM

We ready to move on to the next day? I am out of town on this next weekend, so I'm eager to get going.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #99 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:11 PM

I'm playing my match tonight, probably.

God Save the Horn Players
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #100 on: October 24, 2011, 08:40:41 PM

The Mutiny loses 3-1! My one score was on some Norse Bullshit pass. Good times! I think one of his sauruses got MNG hurt when I surfed him, otherwise nothing interesting to report. Lump Beefbroth (super runner) got MVP, he is a single SPP from going up again. My other runner decided to get off his ass and hurt someone (badly hurt) to FINALLY LEVEL UP. Let's all hope he gets +str too!  why so serious?

EDIT: By the way, anyone who hasn't played Carnifex's team, he is really good at making sure you don't get any solid punches on those damn skinks of his.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:48:16 PM by Sjofn »

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: October 24, 2011, 08:48:41 PM

Was a fun but uneventful game.  Should have been 2-1 but Skink Bullshit scored again on turn 16.  Think it was 3 dodges, a pickup and a gfi with no rerolls for the final touchdown.  My saurus is MNG, but I made enough cash to replace my AV7 saurus so it's ok.  Sjofn went for an extra apoth and a Bloodweiser Babe instead of a wizard, so of course I got 1 injury out of 14 armour breaks  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: October 24, 2011, 08:50:41 PM

Day 7 is shaping up to be quite the showdown...

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #103 on: October 24, 2011, 08:51:52 PM

Was a fun but uneventful game.  Should have been 2-1 but Skink Bullshit scored again on turn 16.  Think it was 3 dodges, a pickup and a gfi with no rerolls for the final touchdown.  My saurus is MNG, but I made enough cash to replace my AV7 saurus so it's ok.  Sjofn went for an extra apoth and a Bloodweiser Babe instead of a wizard, so of course I got 1 injury out of 14 armour breaks  Ohhhhh, I see.

And it was just a wimpy badly hurt on some loser lineman!

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #104 on: October 24, 2011, 11:36:39 PM

That leaves only the Avaia vs Reborne match to finish the game day off.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #2  
Jump to: