Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: So I caved and subbed for a year 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So I caved and subbed for a year  (Read 11732 times)
Kirth
Terracotta Army

on: October 16, 2011, 11:40:40 AM

99$ for a year sub to a game that I've enjoyed in the past. is riders still around? I've never had a char at level cap in this game think I have one around level 40 right now but may just start something new. Also....any tips?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 12:41:21 PM

when you need a break from pve, play a big nasty monster out in the moors and slay the people on your server who annoy you  awesome, for real

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 02:34:12 PM

I tried that twice, it was either wander around with no one to fight run in to massive zerg and get stomped.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 11:19:36 AM

Yeah. awesome, for real

RoME is still around.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 12:02:21 PM

I also fired this back up and started my yearly 1-2 month playthrough. Logged into my account after a year and noticed I had 3500 turbine points. I never bought any and only subbed for a VIP for a few months a year ago. I dunno but I guess I'll find a way to spend the points.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 12:05:03 PM

I put all mine into account storage.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 01:13:58 PM

I spent mine on Milestone reduction time (30 mins) and an extra bind. Makes me want to play hunter for easy travel. And I'm playing again on and off. Ran Bressig to 75 right after the expansion launched, I'll limp all the rest up there.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 07:06:20 AM

I spent mine on Milestone reduction time (30 mins) and an extra bind.

I haven't really checked out the store in a while.  Are those permanent?  Or is it one of those "reduces your cooldown time for 24 hours" type things?

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 09:32:14 AM

I've been playing an hour a day, three or four times a week.  I have a champ up to 36, taking my time, doing pretty much everything in a zone before moving on working up faction stuff.

It's been pretty enjoyable.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 10:07:21 AM

I spent mine on Milestone reduction time (30 mins) and an extra bind.

I haven't really checked out the store in a while.  Are those permanent?  Or is it one of those "reduces your cooldown time for 24 hours" type things?

They're permanent, but unlocked on a per-character basis.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 09:07:16 PM

Yeah, the cooldown on bind and extra bind points make the game much better. Particularly in Moria.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 10:09:07 AM

I am digging the lottery.  I check that thing everyday.  Even won once on one of my characters.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 04:15:33 PM

It's back? I used to enter it every week. Occasionally I won useless stuff, but it was still fun.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 10:11:55 PM

I got fast mounts for free for 3 of my chars during a springtime lottery in 2009 (2010?), which was nice. Of course I haven't won anything since then...  awesome, for real

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: So I caved and subbed for a year  
Jump to: