Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fall of Cybertron 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fall of Cybertron  (Read 15407 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 08:13:30 PM

I'd hate to buy an XBox 360 for just one game.

A Transformers game no less.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 01:16:36 AM

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

This fall when Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 gamers are tearing through Cybertron in the shiny metal skin of Grimlock, PC gamers will remain earthbound, forced to witness the grand robot battles from afar. After a poor showing on the PC for Transformers: War for Cybertron, High Moon Studios isn't even going to attempt to port the follow-up.

Well, that's awesome.

Ohhhhh, I see.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 08:06:04 AM

Yep. High Moon doesn't get my money. Console shooter controls suck.*

I'm sure they're crying in their beer. rolleyes

* Yes, I know you can cite Halo or Gears or some other men-with-thick-necks game with billions of sales to prove otherwise. As a precise mouse-and-keyboard gamer, I find console shooter controls unplayably sloppy.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 08:19:08 AM

Yep. High Moon doesn't get my money. Console shooter controls suck.*

I'm sure they're crying in their beer. rolleyes

* Yes, I know you can cite Halo or Gears or some other men-with-thick-necks game with billions of sales to prove otherwise. As a precise mouse-and-keyboard gamer, I find console shooter controls unplayably sloppy.

I agree with all of this.  I never understood the Halo craze. People would come to me and say "This Halo game is the greatest ever!", and I'm like "Have you not heard of the Quake or Doom series, or even Half-Life?  Let me know when you're done trying to contort you fingers in a way that's not humanly possible and you want to grow up."

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 08:46:21 AM

It makes sense. You guys complain about poor ports to PC and they're not delivering one.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 08:49:21 AM

It makes sense. You guys complain about poor ports to PC and they're not delivering one.

Or "We didn't take the time to actually learn ourselves or hire some people that know how to code on PCs at an above-double-digit IQ level, so we're just playing with our dev kits and enjoying the support from MS and Sony."

Ohhhhh, I see.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 08:59:19 AM

It's not a PC game, why would they pretend otherwise? The port was done to increase profits, it didn't so they're not doing it again. Even if they did do a port, you'd be unhappy because IT'S A CONSOLE GAME. Not every game has to be made for the PC.

rolleyes

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 09:32:33 AM

It's not a PC game, why would they pretend otherwise? The port was done to increase profits, it didn't so they're not doing it again. Even if they did do a port, you'd be unhappy because IT'S A CONSOLE GAME. Not every game has to be made for the PC.

rolleyes

WE MUST HAVE A SACRIFICE!! IT IS DEMANDED!! (Charlton Heston voice)  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 09:35:29 AM

Which is sad if it wasn't a profitable port since, imo, WFC was a port that I thought was well done. The controls and UI were smooth and I never really felt the consolitis. I didn't have to tweak a .ini file to fix my view or adjust controls, it worked great out of the box.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 11:11:31 AM

They didn't last time either.  It was awesome and Elena and I loved it.

Now we're fucked.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 07:17:47 PM

I found the PC port of WFC acceptable. Better than most ports I've seen.

But then they're supposed to be doing more than just run n' gun in FOC. Jazz has a grapple beam mechanic, for example. It might be hard for them to design such systems to work comfortably on console and then drop the ball going to PC.

I'm still disappointed though.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 17, 2012, 04:31:31 AM

What a pile of wank.

Still, it seems possible that this is one of the rare shooters that could work on a console.  It wasn't exactly pinpoint shooting mechanics, if I remember correctly, so I might be able to suffer through it with a controller.  And besides, few things get my Transformers boner to stand at attention quite like the Dinobots and Bruticus.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 12:19:30 PM

First, the PC version, now Co-Op mode is cut.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218932p1.html

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 01:48:58 PM

Welp, that has outright killed any desire I have for the game. The co-op campaign in the previous one was great fun and no amount of tinkering with online matchmaking modes that nobody is going to be playing three months past release will make up for losing co-op.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 21, 2012, 01:18:36 AM

High Moon Studios latest game, Transformers: Fall of High Moon Studios

FTFY  why so serious?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 01, 2012, 01:59:24 PM

Rise.

Apparently, we were lied to.

Earlier this year High Moon Studio's game director Matt Tieger told me his team couldn't handle making a PC version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, and PC gamers were a little upset. High Moon still can't handle creating a PC version, but High Moon Studios and developer Mercenary Games working together are getting the job done.

High Moon, you sneaky bastards.

Scheduled for release on August 28, day and date with the console versions, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for the PC features the same story, characters and gameplay, but without the pesky Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 requirement. Hopefully Mercenary's involvement will make for a smoother experience than the PC version of
Transformers: War for Cybertron.

Expect the PC version to go up for download purchase at digital retailers soon.

So they can't handle it, but they're doing it anyways.  Smells like bug-ridden mess to me.

Will probably still play though  why so serious?

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 02, 2012, 03:28:02 AM

Rise.

Apparently, we were lied to.

Earlier this year High Moon Studio's game director Matt Tieger told me his team couldn't handle making a PC version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, and PC gamers were a little upset. High Moon still can't handle creating a PC version, but High Moon Studios and developer Mercenary Games working together are getting the job done.

High Moon, you sneaky bastards.

Scheduled for release on August 28, day and date with the console versions, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for the PC features the same story, characters and gameplay, but without the pesky Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 requirement. Hopefully Mercenary's involvement will make for a smoother experience than the PC version of
Transformers: War for Cybertron.

Expect the PC version to go up for download purchase at digital retailers soon.

So they can't handle it, but they're doing it anyways.  Smells like bug-ridden mess to me.

Will probably still play though  why so serious?

Hrm. Hm. Risk a crappy PC port or buy an Xbox for one game... anybody heard of Mercenary Games? A google search didn't turn up anything.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 04:59:36 AM

Penny Arcade talking about the demo being out ?

Where ??

Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 05:20:34 AM

You can pre-purchase this on Steam now
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 06:49:00 PM

I've played the first 3 chapters.

In a lot of ways, this feels like a step backward for the series. I'm missing co-op campaign mightily. And the levels and gameplay are much more linear and restricted. You can't choose your character in campaign mode, there's tons more scripted cutscenes, and a very large amount of very annoying "Press E to flip this switch" that adds nothing to the gameplay.

I'm glad we got a PC port, but at the same time, the consolitus is heavier in this game. Upgrade menus are painful with mouse and keyboard. They're clearly meant to be used with a console controller.

Not bad, and worth playing, but I think I prefer the first game over this one.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fall of Cybertron  
Jump to: