Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:24:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Street Clothes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Street Clothes  (Read 2153 times)
jpark
Terracotta Army

on: February 11, 2005, 12:55:59 PM

This is taken from Schilds development request in the main forums regarding CoH.

Cool idea - so how do make it game play relevant?

Paparazzi.  Some zones have "press" introduced into them.  If you activate your powers / display your costume near these wondering "mobs" they follow you and alert potential targets in the area of your presence.

Adoring Public.  Or if in costume form you loiter in one location for too long - crowds begin to gather around you.  Again this tips off potential targets for combat long before you approach them.

If you're fighting anywhere near them they come (with flashing cameras etc.).  The idea is to flee and change back into street clothes when your out of their line of sight.  That's the only way to shake them.

This could be annoying, but would be limited to a few zones or a few areas within a zone.  It might make for immersion - dunno - would have to test it.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 01:10:11 PM

Kinda sorta related to the topic...  You know what all those sewer maps are lacking?  Giant alligators.

Discuss.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 06:10:39 AM

Back before release people begged (BEGGED!) for giant tapeworms to be included. It is kinda disappointing that they aren't in the game.

AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 02:21:38 PM

Back before release people begged (BEGGED!) for giant tapeworms to be included. It is kinda disappointing that they aren't in the game.
They are all in Broken Shores on Rubi-Ka in Anarchy Online. Annoying little buggers too.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 03:06:07 PM

Didn't you hear? Tapeworm is officially dead. Sucks, too.

evil
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Street Clothes  
Jump to: