Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #1  (Read 29770 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #140 on: October 13, 2011, 06:04:06 PM

Also, I just beat hobbits. Barely.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: October 13, 2011, 07:03:05 PM

Underhill Uberchefs 1 - 2 The Bell Jar Utd.

Mea culpa to anyone that had money down that I wouldn't score a TD 'at all'  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Turn-by-turn playbook below:

Was a wonderful first match for my fresh team.  Could have gone better in some areas for me, had I not made a couple bone-headed moves, but just getting a TD myself was a victory for the team.  Falc may have won, but he paid the price of two permanent injuries to his crew.

And now, fun numbers for number munchers:

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #142 on: October 13, 2011, 07:18:42 PM

TWO of my linemen went up! I must've missed Flint Ironstag punching an elf hard enough to get some SPP. So my two leveled linemen got tackle, and my thrower picked up sure hands.

God Save the Horn Players
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #143 on: October 13, 2011, 07:31:17 PM

No response from Ruvaldt  Heartbreak

Sorry, I've been having some internet problems as well after a move.  I'll be available all day tomorrow though and any time over the weekend.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: October 13, 2011, 07:31:42 PM

Underhill Uberchefs
Treasury : 210000

Man, that's 7 replacement halflings.  It's gonna be like whack-a-mole trying to kill 'em off!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #145 on: October 13, 2011, 07:55:33 PM

I just wish he'd stop systematically calling them "'flings."  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #146 on: October 13, 2011, 08:03:55 PM

Yeah that is sort of ... weird.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #147 on: October 13, 2011, 08:14:53 PM

Sorry, I've been having some internet problems as well after a move.  I'll be available all day tomorrow though and any time over the weekend.

Awesome!

How does your Saturday morning my Saturday night?

I might turn up on your Friday night (my Saturday morning) if I'm not too hungover, but no promises...
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #148 on: October 13, 2011, 08:19:18 PM

Sure, both work for me, actually.  I'll be in front of a computer my tomorrow night and my Saturday late morning - early afternoon.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: October 13, 2011, 11:22:13 PM

People, technically saturday is beyond the deadline.

If you can guarantee us you will play saturday I guess we can wait, otherwise we should move on.
Please note that I am sure it's not a problem to wait one more day, I just want to prevent people from thinking it's ok to go over the ninth day, or to have someone in the future push for the tenth (or eleventh) day based on previous exceptions.

Short version: can you guarantee us to play your game no later than Saturday?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #150 on: October 13, 2011, 11:35:49 PM

I will absolutely be at a computer both Friday evening and throughout Saturday.

I'm usually pretty good about playing my games early, but it's been a rough couple of weeks and it sounds like Llyse and I were, strangely enough, both going through residential moves at the same time.  We got together a week ago, but due to router issues we weren't able to play.  Hopefully that won't be as much of a problem this time around.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #151 on: October 13, 2011, 11:39:20 PM

I can guarantee the game will be played by Saturday night US Time.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: October 14, 2011, 01:06:35 AM

I hereby concede, under extraordinaire circumstances, to a 1-day deadline extension!

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: October 14, 2011, 01:57:25 AM

They are 'flings...they get 'flung.  Would you prefer I call them meat-sacks?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: October 14, 2011, 04:27:59 AM

I'll be at the computer tonight.

Hic sunt dracones.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #155 on: October 14, 2011, 06:13:17 AM

They are 'flings...they get 'flung.  Would you prefer I call them meat-sacks?

I cul em 'afies, eh?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: October 14, 2011, 06:36:49 AM

I managed to level 3 guys, but 2 of them are MNG, so it may be tough trying to out-score the Wood Elves next week.  However, my third guy will soon have LEAP to go with his 5 AG and Dodge, so he will be watching those Wardancers closely for tips!

Okay, so change of plan... my +AG/Dodge line elf just rolled 12.  I don't think I can turn down the +ST can I?  Even if he was born to Leap?

As an aside, my Blitzer also just rolled a +ST, lucky for the impending woodies he is napping next game.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #157 on: October 14, 2011, 07:41:34 AM

I managed to level 3 guys, but 2 of them are MNG, so it may be tough trying to out-score the Wood Elves next week.  However, my third guy will soon have LEAP to go with his 5 AG and Dodge, so he will be watching those Wardancers closely for tips!

Okay, so change of plan... my +AG/Dodge line elf just rolled 12.  I don't think I can turn down the +ST can I?  Even if he was born to Leap?

As an aside, my Blitzer also just rolled a +ST, lucky for the impending woodies he is napping next game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

st4/ag5 is verging on HNNGGgg tier. Once he takes Blodge, give him Leap, then just jump him over people's lines and run touchdowns in. It will be like an assembly line.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: October 14, 2011, 08:35:10 AM

st4/ag5 is verging on HNNGGgg tier. Once he takes Blodge, give him Leap, then just jump him over people's lines and run touchdowns in. It will be like an assembly line.

Pretty much in the land of star player there, without the Loner penalty.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: October 14, 2011, 08:35:43 AM

Seriously. Somebody kill that thing.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #160 on: October 14, 2011, 08:59:28 AM

God fuck you all.  My wood elves have leveled up a shit ton, and I've rolled 1 single stat increase, +AGI, on a line elf.  Oh if only I could get a +STR Wardancer.  :(

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: October 14, 2011, 10:34:21 AM

I can't even connect to the server now. Fuck this firewalling BS. Give the game to Canklebiter and move the league on while I sort this BS out. Its not like I would have won anyway.

Hic sunt dracones.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: October 14, 2011, 10:42:14 AM

God fuck you all.  My wood elves have leveled up a shit ton, and I've rolled 1 single stat increase, +AGI, on a line elf.  Oh if only I could get a +STR Wardancer.  :(
i've rolled exactly one double and it was on a skink with 1 str, and no stat increases  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #163 on: October 14, 2011, 10:55:33 AM

Seriously. Somebody kill that thing.

On it.

And I may be providing you all with a +str/+mv wardancer to chase around next season.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: October 14, 2011, 11:05:24 AM

I roll plenty of stat increases, but only on throwaway practice teams that just play a couple of public league matches.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: October 14, 2011, 11:11:13 AM

hey I got the game going. Cankle and I are playing now

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: October 14, 2011, 12:17:55 PM

1-0 to the dead. First half was pretty standard fare for me (not able to bosh over his guys with 3 guys trying while he could knock me over with a feather), the second I rallied a bit and actually got the ball to within a couple of turns of the touchdown line. Shocking news I know. Actually I haven't played a single game since last season and I didn't have a clue what I was doing a lot of the time. No disrespect to Cankle on that as he played well. No serious injuries on either side that I saw.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 12:20:23 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Cancklebiter
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: October 14, 2011, 12:21:33 PM

Down to the last 6 players on the pitch the undead rallied to prevent the mighty stunty warriors from scoring a touchdown.  LLium Crushers win 1-0.  With a grand total of 0 injuries 1 KO for the undead side.  5 injuries/4 KO's for the Pympernels.  No lasting pain on the Undead team as they successfully rolled 4/5 regeneration rolls w/ 1 badly hurt ghoul out for a game.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #168 on: October 14, 2011, 01:37:18 PM

Glad I already played you.  awesome, for real

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: October 14, 2011, 08:43:05 PM

4 +1 MV, 2 +1 ST, 1 +1 AG, but only about 6 out of the 13 girls are original players.

One of my Pro Elf Catchers has +1AG and Leap, Dodge and Nerves of steal. He's pretty much unstoppable if he can get the ball thrown to him. If someone dosn't kill that ST 4 AG 5 Elf before he gets Leap, he'll win games singlehanded.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #170 on: October 14, 2011, 09:05:34 PM

The Ex-Presidents 1 - 0 Alive Not Dead

A better write-up will follow, but the first half was one of the most exciting halves of Blood Bowl I've ever played.  The second half was a snoozefest, but both Calvin and Millard Fillmore narrowly avoided death.

It's late here or I'd write more.  The replay has been uploaded though if you just can't wait.  The first half is actually worth watching.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #171 on: October 15, 2011, 01:44:49 PM

So now all the games for day 1 have been played. We just need Falc to validate them and advance the tournament day.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: October 15, 2011, 05:00:04 PM

Whoa, Llyse lost a regular season game. Is that a first in 3 Seasons?
I will advance the Day tomorrow.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #173 on: October 15, 2011, 05:05:12 PM

Whoa, Llyse lost a regular season game. Is that a first in 3 Seasons?
I will advance the Day tomorrow.

He lost one last season.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #174 on: October 15, 2011, 06:31:50 PM

You're such a bitch.  Heart

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #1  
Jump to: