Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:09:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Dominion Theory Crafting! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dominion Theory Crafting!  (Read 14400 times)
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 02:40:06 PM

Nocturne just seems to do really well imo. Spell shield, his q disrupts, and fear at a tower makes him a decent defender. Oh, and that ult.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 03:10:58 PM

Nocturne just seems to do really well imo. Spell shield, his q disrupts, and fear at a tower makes him a decent defender. Oh, and that ult.

any tanky dps does well in a skirmish map.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 03:36:46 PM

Its more than that. His skillset helps with objectives, + global ult.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 11:42:49 PM

There is an item that gives you a useable de-stealth ability, some sort of cloud. I haven't wrapped my head around the new itemisation.

I got that one with Katarina tonight. It's pretty cool. Only lasts a minute but with the quick games, it's pretty useful.

I like Dominion for a change of pace. My Kat did decent tonight, and she seems pretty fast off the bat. I probably should have added a cooldown reduction item too, though her cooldowns aren't too bad.

Alistair on the other hand didn't fare as well.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 25, 2011, 05:02:57 PM

Rammus is fucking awesome in this mode.

OK!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 25, 2011, 06:22:37 PM

I have 24 wins and I think roughly 35 games total.

The Champs I saw excelling a lot were:

Akali
Heimdinger
Jax
Kennen
Nocturne
Poppy
Rammus
Ryze
Teemo
Yorick

There are plenty of other good ones but the above are the ones that seemed consistent.   Kennen kind of caught me by surprise but he works really well.   Other heroes like Nidalee can clearly be really good here but require a lot more skill.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:02:10 PM by Amaron »
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 25, 2011, 06:43:46 PM

Teemo is really good for this map. Speed, blind (since there is a lot of tanky melee DPS playing), and shrooms break caps.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 25, 2011, 07:01:49 PM

Ahh yea I dunno how I missed him.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 25, 2011, 10:45:21 PM

Ahh yea I dunno how I missed him.

Probably because you have to listen to his voice.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 08:00:34 AM

Champs with speed boosts seems have significant advantage there . And if you have a global ult... -Yep. gangplank is the king of dominion :)

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 28, 2011, 05:25:49 AM

I've been seeing Bliztcrank/Scaner(the scorpion) used with some success.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #46 on: September 28, 2011, 06:11:10 AM

Blitz is damn good here. Fuckin' shield and speed boost.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 28, 2011, 06:17:51 AM

Heimer is just unmovable. You need 3 champs to push him off, and even then, if he's got all his summoners and zhonya's, it's in doubt.

Nidalee is the queen of poking if you're good with spears. Harassing top is so much fun with her.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 28, 2011, 08:24:06 AM

Ok, so another one of Slay's funky build ideas! This time it fuckin' worked! This is Dominion build:

Tankivia:

9/21/0 (improved revive)

MPen Reds
Armor Yellows
MR / lvl blues
AP Quints

Revive/Garrison

Start Bot, take Giants Belt with a few health and mana pots.
Go back or build Warmogs ASAP.
Then Boots (I went mobility and it was cool)
Stay bot, dominate.
Build Thornmail

Die, and you are a huge HP egg with thornmail. Die again and click revive and come back with like 400 more HP and fast as fuck. The ult makes defenders pay for hugging the turret. It's quite funny!

Build Abyssal, haunting guise...whatever else. Mana is an issue, that will be the next thing I address. Probably Chalice. Fun build though.

On my work PC I went 12/7/14 , and we came 60 points from winning a 4 on 5 game.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:34:41 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 28, 2011, 08:28:06 AM

Staying anywhere in dominion is usually a bad idea. Having someone able to defend is very good but if thy just turtle on one spot all game, they're sorely hurting their team.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: September 28, 2011, 08:30:58 AM

I find if you're playing bot, and they ignore you, just go push the creep wave. As long as you're careful, you won't get caught out, and they'll need to come back, or they'll lose bot.

But I feel like so often, we've got a really solid three, and people get crazy trying to take a fourth, and then we lose a bunch. It really depends on team comp, like if they've got a good poke/harass squad, you can just let them whittle you down, but a lot of times, holding makes sense.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 28, 2011, 08:31:34 AM

You just want to prove everyone wrong about the bird don't you, Slay?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 28, 2011, 08:36:49 AM

You just want to prove everyone wrong about the bird don't you, Slay?

Dude, I kicked ass last game. On my shitty work PC.

Hmmm...I'm on a crazy internet connection here... THATS WHY MY BIRD SUCKS AT HOME - ITS THE BANDWIDTH

;)

And yes, I'll show you! Even my bad bird I don't go all 0/9/3 HAHAHAH

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 28, 2011, 08:41:23 AM

Staying anywhere in dominion is usually a bad idea. Having someone able to defend is very good but if thy just turtle on one spot all game, they're sorely hurting their team.

Thus the boots of mobility. Also, I was able to totally control bottom leaving the 3 guys we had (it was a 4 on 5) to be full time on top. I was constantly dealing with 2 guys and handled it.

With aniv, you can really get creeps waves coming hard. I was ignored for a sec on bottom and became a nightmare for them to retake after I got theirs. Garrison + Egg + thornmail + decent built in damage with bird

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #54 on: September 28, 2011, 08:52:46 AM

Unless they do something to balance the Dom, I see myself getting bored fighting the same 10 chars over and over.

"Me am play gods"
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 28, 2011, 08:54:25 AM

Unless they do something to balance the Dom, I see myself getting bored fighting the same 10 chars over and over.

I'm starting to get that vibe as well.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 28, 2011, 08:58:41 AM

And yes, I'll show you! Even my bad bird I don't go all 0/9/3 HAHAHAH

Bird has escape!

Also, stupid draft pick!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #57 on: September 28, 2011, 09:13:26 AM

Gangplank is just fucking whacked in Dominion. He can almost defend two points by himself. See someone taking a point, drop your big AOE on them, stop the capture. He can beat just about any champ 1v1, and even 2v1 it could get dicey. I swear he's headed for a nerf.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 28, 2011, 09:52:00 AM

Combine that with Karthus ult.... TONS O FUN

Chimpy got to see tank bird in action and get #1 :) I'm having a blast with em.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 28, 2011, 04:04:44 PM

Global ults are pretty broken on dominion. Karthus, Gangplank, Pantheon, Ezrael and TF are all fairly OP.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 04:09:43 PM

Funny, I found Pantheon to be complete and utter garbage in Dominion, even with his ult.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 06:27:18 PM

Funny, I found Pantheon to be complete and utter garbage in Dominion, even with his ult.

Panth is a good champ for the format, you must have been around bad Panths.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: September 28, 2011, 07:08:22 PM

I steam-rolled with him. He's very strong in small group (or solo) skirmishes, and his ult (while not quite as good as GP or karthus) is excellent for interrupting or ninja'ing control points.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 30, 2011, 11:47:11 AM

Started playing with Skarner in Dom, like him a lot.  Maybe even more than Udyr (I still love you Man/Bear/Turtle/Tiger/Phoenix, it's just a fling, I swear!)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Dominion Theory Crafting!  
Jump to: