Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:48:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 359111 times)
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #315 on: October 24, 2011, 08:43:44 PM

Still on the fence about buying something magey.  A friend of mine plays Brand and he looks quite fun to play, but I don't feel like selling out 975 RP for him :-/. 

Caster-wise both Brand and Annie are good solid picks. Brand has a little bit more flexibility in his play, while Annie is mostly: are all my spells up? If yes, then PRESS BUTTAN!11`

If you have quick fingers and a good sense of space, I'd recommend giving Cassiopeia a shot, as her damage output is ridiculously high, but you need good timing and a sense of when to back off and when to really go in for the kill. Otherwise I'd say some of the other (roughly speaking) 'tier 1' mage picks are Morgana, Ryze, Lux and Anivia. Of the four Lux and Morgana tend to orient themselves more towards supporting and set-up roles, while both Ryze and Anivia are very good at just outright killing things.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: October 24, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Morgana also gets banned in every.single.draft

fuuuuuuuck

youuuuuuuuu

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #317 on: October 25, 2011, 05:11:36 AM

Well, been kinda burnt out on SR for a bit so tried dominion.

I ran Karthus and man...he is sick. #1 and victories in both game.

AOE slow, AOE capture disrupt, AOE melt spell, AOE triple kill spell. Oh wait, I died. Good luck taking the point! I also run improved revive/ghost on him so even when you do finally kill me IM COMING BACK QUICK and BUFFED (well, twice a game but I find it is very useful, especially that first windmill fight). If anyone cares it's just a standard rush RoA, rush Rabaddons, then I get Will of the Ancients or rylai's or w/e. I stay quite stocked with health and mana pots, after most fights I have very little hp/mana and between the pots and the packs I am semi ready for the next fight.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: October 25, 2011, 05:19:32 AM

Morgana also gets banned in every.single.draft

fuuuuuuuck

youuuuuuuuu

Good to know, even though I don't tend to play Draft.   Though I will probably try ranked eventually.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: October 25, 2011, 06:33:19 AM

Standard bans I see these days:

Morgana
Akali
Singed
Lee Sin
Gangplank

Occasional Graves/Talon/Brand/Amumu/Fiddle/Udyr

Just an FYI...

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #320 on: October 25, 2011, 07:32:05 AM

Bought Udyr with IP though

Noooooooooooooooo.

Wait, what's wrong with buying champs with IP?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: October 25, 2011, 07:33:17 AM

I think AP champs are actually turning out to be better for Dominion than the tanky melee champs now. As long as the people who play them know how to use them, of course.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: October 25, 2011, 07:52:37 AM

Bought Udyr with IP though

Noooooooooooooooo.

Wait, what's wrong with buying champs with IP?

I think the idea is that Runes cost IP and can't be purchased with RP, so you should save your IP for those.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #323 on: October 25, 2011, 07:56:10 AM

Heh, well since I can't buy Tier 3 runes now and Tier 2 runes are a waste of IP, I don't mind spending IP on champs. After all, if I want more runes, then I just play more games, and if I need a lot more, I can buy boosts with money too.

BTW, did anyone else get a 10 win IP boost buff? I bought a 4 win boost the other day, it ran out and suddenly a 10 winner just showed up.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: October 25, 2011, 07:56:53 AM

Everyone got a 10win boost for the Golden Joystick Award.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: October 25, 2011, 08:13:23 AM

Played yesterday pretty horrible game as jungle trynd. Normally I am an oookkk trynd player and I started with couple of ganks before level 6. But our lux fed 5 kills by same timeframe and I started raging just making stupid mistakes.Then eEnemy team melted me at every encounter in 2 sec flat. And I had both  cleanse and sash.  Our sion was damn epic and ashe was competent but me,lux and gp blew it (me and lux were something like 2 /16, gp was non factor at all).  They had 40 kill lead but our sion backdored their top inhib and for a while it looked like we had chance. But they finally baroned and finished it off . Maybe trynd is useless....- felt so helpless with his melee and being constantly cced. (morg binding , exhaust, graves smokescreen, brand stun) -just could not get any dps on target whatsoever and dead in record time

Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: October 25, 2011, 08:27:59 AM

I got bitched at all game as a warwick despite going 11 / 1 / 14 and winning the game.

Early in the game nidalee over extends top and gets ganked, bot pair complains about her. Next, I go bot to try and gank (at 4) but miss, bot team complains.  Annie dies mid, you get the picture.

Later in the game the top nidalee does really well, annie isn't that great but gets off some helpful stuns and starting ganking the crap out of everyone and get pretty fed. After Ult-ganking a (really  bad) ashe in mid, I notice on bot galio is overextended and low.  I go down to try and help, turn off my scent and appear behind galio (then turning it back on). Galio runs off and puts his shield on, the janna Im helping auto attacks galio and his health somehow gets pretty high again. I auto attack and claw him a few times for the kill JUST as janna gets killed. Im then told "WTF WTF warwick ULT ULT ULT" to which I replied. "My ult was down, I just ganked mid ***". Which is followed by a  brief moment of silence and then "Fucking warwick sucks". (2/0/4 at this point).

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: October 25, 2011, 08:34:32 AM

I started raging just making stupid mistakes

Here's your problem.  I listen to smooth jazz while playing solo queue.  Crises averted.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: October 25, 2011, 08:35:23 AM

Played yesterday pretty horrible game as jungle trynd. Normally I am an oookkk trynd player and I started with couple of ganks before level 6. But our lux fed 5 kills by same timeframe and I started raging just making stupid mistakes.Then eEnemy team melted me at every encounter in 2 sec flat. And I had both  cleanse and sash.  Our sion was damn epic and ashe was competent but me,lux and gp blew it (me and lux were something like 2 /16, gp was non factor at all).  They had 40 kill lead but our sion backdored their top inhib and for a while it looked like we had chance. But they finally baroned and finished it off . Maybe trynd is useless....- felt so helpless with his melee and being constantly cced. (morg binding , exhaust, graves smokescreen, brand stun) -just could not get any dps on target whatsoever and dead in record time

From my experience, Tryn is one of the nastiest late game champs. Huge crits and lifesteal, that ult - but you shouldn't be first one in. Basically in that setup, I would hang back and wait for the ashe initiation arrow and then swing in for the rape. Also, Sion stun counts.  Hell, Lux's root would work. Sounds more like a case of them just being too fed to overcome, or poor focus fire by you guys.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: October 25, 2011, 05:07:34 PM

Hoax put it well recently on Vent in my opinion, you should play Tryn like he doesn't have an ult.  You don't dive in and ult, you don't bait or start fights with your ult, you play like a normal melee dps and use your ult only when needed.  I've seen so many bad fights initiated by Tryndamere players who think the right play is just to spin into the other team and pop ult right away.  Even a really fed Tryn can struggle against the "brusier" teams that you see so much now, you can only really go nuts against an all squishy team that doesn't have good escapes and stuns.

I've heard more than once that Tryn is a viable solo top but I've never really seen it yet.  I've done well as it a few times, but usually felt like I was just stomping an inferior player and getting fed, not winning an even match.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:14:34 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #330 on: October 28, 2011, 11:13:06 PM

So... Twitch? WTF? I just got my ass handed to me repeatedly by a very good Twitch player. I fed him like a goddamn gourmet chef. I was playing Katarina, and got faced off against that little rat bastard in mid. He was 4th level before I even knew it. By the time the game was over, he was able to kill me in less than 3 seconds, repeatedly. I died like 23 times with only 5 kills. It didn't help that we had other champs that were better suited to solo mid but wouldn't take mid. I finally switched off to the bottom lane and got some kills, but it was godawful. He was able to burst damage like 2k on me, even with like 86 armor and 96 magic resist. Is this fucker just overpowered or was it a really good build?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #331 on: October 28, 2011, 11:27:15 PM

Your spatial/map awareness is probably the worst part of your game.  A Twitch is really going to exploit that.  He's going to pop out of stealth, have a huge attack speed buff, throw a lot of poison on you, then just E and blow it up.  I haven't really played a good one yet at this level.  Most are pretty squishy at the start and then just manageable in the late game.  Hard to kill though with that stealth. You pretty much have to explode him or treat it like Kassadin.

On a positive note, I'm carrying pretty hard as GP.  Even in losses I'm pretty solidly positive, except in the case of a total cluster fuck.  Armor + Pots.  Wriggles.  Boots (situational).  Warmogs.  Atmas.  Triforce. Whatever.  Treating me pretty well.  If we're already absurdly tanky, I'll chuck the atmogs to the back of the queue and build like a pure AD carry.

Had a game as Singed where my early game was pretty bad, and we were getting wrecked.  Team seemed pretty awful, until all of the sudden they started feeding the Talon.  Then while I ran around and was annoying, he just started blowing people up hard. Guy was the only one our team that had a positive K/D and pretty much vaporized anyone in seconds.  I should have just played my tankplank and we would have steam rolled from the start, but they wanted a "real tank".  Had a nice toss where I chucked a Mord into the center of Talon's ulti.   why so serious?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:29:55 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #332 on: October 29, 2011, 01:14:52 PM

Your spatial/map awareness is probably the worst part of your game.

Of that there is no doubt.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I want to try Twitch out now. I had played against one before and absolutely wrecked him, but this guy obviously knew what he was doing. Even when I saw him coming it was just ugly. I don't think I've ever seen Katarina die so goddamn fast to ONE champ.

Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: October 31, 2011, 09:07:39 PM

What the hell is up with Shaco?  I played maybe 8-9 games tonight and I think all but two had a jungle Shaco on one or both sides.  He hasn't even been changed yet right?  Hard to tell because the level 18-20 games I'm in mean anyone jungling fucks the team over.

Man I hate junglers right now.  Either 3-4 levels under the whole team, feeding, or tunnel-vision jungling to keep up and contributing nothing.  In all my games I've only had one Udyr pull it off well. 
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: October 31, 2011, 09:25:47 PM

I can't remember a game where having a jungler (vs. a team without one) didn't result in my team winning, and I'm at the same level as you. Oh sample bias, who will untangle your mysteries!
Rasix

Reply #335 on: October 31, 2011, 09:30:20 PM

I can't remember a game where having a jungler (vs. a team without one) didn't result in my team winning, and I'm at the same level as you. Oh sample bias, who will untangle your mysteries!

Are you playing draft or blind pick?

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: November 01, 2011, 05:18:53 AM

Having been an under 30 jungler for a while now, I feel like the questions are:

1) Can your solo top handle a 1v2? If they're going to complain or get stupid and start feeding, then jungling is bad.
2) Is your jungler runed up enough/have basic clear/build knowledge to do their jungle? If you take a difficult to get rolling jungle, and then don't have your stuff in place, then that's how you end up four levels behind?
3) Are they good enough to know how to (not) do a gank with the low levels of coordination in pub stuff?

Especially in a one jungler situation, where you have two whoie jungles and will never run out of farm, you've got to make sure you're not just wasting time with ganks when you could be levelling up.

But if you answer all three of those yes, then I feel like it's a big plus, even if you don't make a big early game impact. 3 levels of solo lane (plus undoubtedly, the jungler team should be picking up 80-90% of dragons) is just such a big deal when the first team fights start rolling around.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: November 01, 2011, 07:00:21 AM

Especially in a one jungler situation, where you have two whoie jungles and will never run out of farm, you've got to make sure you're not just wasting time with ganks when you could be levelling up.

Ah, but then you can run into the trap that you aren't helping your lanes enough and your 1v2 top loses lane.  Not losing your top lane is more important than getting 1 or 2 more levels then you would have normaly.  The one jungler situation tends to really suck, I hate playing it personaly.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: November 01, 2011, 08:27:43 AM

But if you answer all three of those yes, then I feel like it's a big plus, even if you don't make a big early game impact. 3 levels of solo lane (plus undoubtedly, the jungler team should be picking up 80-90% of dragons) is just such a big deal when the first team fights start rolling around.

I'm of two minds about it myself.  I personally love playing solo top when we've got a jungler that knows what they are doing, but it also seems like there are a lot of teams that lack a player or character that can really solo top effectively.    Most of the time it seems teams have such little coordination (Im around level 20), that adding in  jungler has the potential just to jack things up even further.  But when it works, MAN does it work.  Then again, I'm usually pretty happy just to get a team that doesn't have an AFK for a feeder, so my standards can't be too high.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: November 01, 2011, 08:46:37 AM

Yeah. I do not jungle unless I've got somebody who wants to solo top, and is playing a character who has a chance of still getting some farm 1v2. Otherwise, I lane it up or queue dodge.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #340 on: November 01, 2011, 09:33:39 AM

I've had good and bad results with my pre-20 jungle, more good than bad. But I always make sure to tell the team I'm jungling so they can prepare for it. The amount of damage a decently equipped Yi can put out late game is sick. The problems I run into are the mid-level game when the ganking/team fights start. If I get too involved with team fights and we start losing them, my leveling stops completely and I can't get to that sick damage output level.

I have been having the shittiest run of bad luck the last week. I don't know if it's the fact that I've ticked over to level 17 and the players I'm getting matched up with are much better than the opposition I was playing or what, but it doesn't seem to matter who I pick, I'm getting facerolled. Last night, I picked Katarina, went bot lane with our Trynd and just got absolutely OWNED by a Shaco/Twisted Fate pairing. I can't help but think the two of them were friends with some kind of voice comm for coordination, because they were just in tandem. I'd run into the bush nearest our turret and get fucking hammered by two jack in the boxes sitting right at the edge of the bush, and even when I didn't, I'd get focused and killed way too easy. That kind of stuff has been happening to me repeatedly the last 5 or 6 games I've played.

Rasix

Reply #341 on: November 01, 2011, 09:38:22 AM

Yeah. I do not jungle unless I've got somebody who wants to solo top, and is playing a character who has a chance of still getting some farm 1v2. Otherwise, I lane it up or queue dodge.

I had a jungler (a terrible, terrible GP) that stuck me solo top v. Lux and Anivia as either Jax or Irelia (can't remember which).  What a dick.  They could dive me at any time and there was just about nothing I could do about it.  They seemed like a dual queue pair as well, they were pretty good at zoning me out.

Finally broke my current losing streak last night by playing Annie, since GP was instalocked.  I played OK.  Solo mid v. a possibly mentally retarded Tristana named "PuffyVulva".  She just sat there and auto attacked the creeps.  Her gank attempts were running up to the bushes and then rocket jumping onto me and comboing her little heart out.  Tibbers put a stop to that nonsense and the GP at top had like a sixth sense for when I was wailing on her and managed to come in for some really nice ganks.  I was something like 8/5/20 (got chucked a few times by Singed and we had no tankiness at all)  and won my lane hard, downing my tower before anyone else. The GP carried hard at like 22/5/14.  He was a bit of a dick though, every death was "my fucking team this/that" or a "lol whuts oracles" when someone would die to the Shaco.  My favorite was when he was getting owned hard by the Singed and bitching that no one was helping him out ("how long do I have to tank before someone helps me") when I was still in the middle of a fight and our team was busy knocking down the last two towers and taking out the Nexus

As I inch toward 20, I'm seeing a lot more people just griping hard and generally misbehaving every time their team isn't filled with superstars.  Starting to resemble the chatter in the Streams I watch.  

-Rasix
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: November 01, 2011, 09:53:33 AM

Are you playing draft or blind pick?

Blind pick. I don't own enough champions to play draft (at least, last time I tried.)

On the other hand I mostly play Renekton, so a jungler means I get to solo top.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:56:27 AM by Ice Cream Emperor »
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: November 01, 2011, 10:01:45 AM

As I inch toward 20, I'm seeing a lot more people just griping hard and generally misbehaving every time their team isn't filled with superstars.  Starting to resemble the chatter in the Streams I watch.  

It really is impressive how entitled people act when it comes to teammates. Like they personally did something to deserve the better team, or no bad players, or whatever. No, my friend, you just joined a random online game full of random strangers, just like the rest of us.

My favourite is people who are clearly smurfs whining about their team being bad.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: November 01, 2011, 10:15:54 AM

It really is impressive how entitled people act when it comes to teammates. Like they personally did something to deserve the better team, or no bad players, or whatever. No, my friend, you just joined a random online game full of random strangers, just like the rest of us.

My favourite is people who are clearly smurfs whining about their team being bad.

Pretty much. The game is full of entitled ass wipes and its gotten worse since Riot likes to blow the esport horn.
Rasix

Reply #345 on: November 01, 2011, 10:17:51 AM

As I inch toward 20, I'm seeing a lot more people just griping hard and generally misbehaving every time their team isn't filled with superstars.  Starting to resemble the chatter in the Streams I watch. 

Those smurfs still never ward.  

Only time I ever get mildly annoyed is when I get paired in lane with someone that won't stop diving and dying.  It's just so goddamn annoying when someone throws away three plus deaths to something they have no business engaging.  Even then I usually keep it to something politely asking them what they're doing or to please play more cautiously.  Had a Sion in my lane that'd just run in, face check right in front of their tower, die, and do it all over again.  "Sorry, talking to my GF." Dude disco's after his 7th death by level 9.  Thanks, guy. A fed Irelia is so much fun to deal with.

Often I have to remind our superstar that some people on the team are legit noobs and to just deal with it.

-Rasix
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: November 01, 2011, 06:07:10 PM

I been wathching a lot of high elo streams recently. One one hand they definetely helped me to step up my game. On the other hand when you get to play blind pick you just wanna facepalm and choke yourself .Draft is a bit better but still rarely you see anything approaching coordinated  levels
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #347 on: November 02, 2011, 08:05:32 AM

Has anyone been having severe lag problems the last 24 hours or so? I played two games last night where at least 3-4 of my deaths were the direct result of being lagged to shit trying to escape from a situation I could have escaped from had my mouse clicks been every remotely followed.

I also played Vladimir and he seems pretty decent early game but mid to late game, he felt kind of overmatched.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: November 02, 2011, 08:12:05 AM

I've been liking Nocturne way too much...so I am leaving the realm of the camera lockers.

I find that having space not as a snap-to, but as the camera lock button is actually kind of the setup that works for me: makes it easy to lock it on for team fights.

That said, it was embarrassing to fail to recalibrate for not having Warwick's heal, and end up dying to a dragon. My team hated me the whole game after that, even after we won and I ended up 9/4.

Rasix

Reply #349 on: November 05, 2011, 12:04:00 AM

Best way to relieve some steam when you've just been kicking ass and still lose two in a row?  Singed + Anivia duo lane.   why so serious?  Trolled the shit out a Xin/Garen tandem who were obvious dual queued.   Frozen heart/ninja tabi/banshee's/thornmail.

Earlier two games were bullshit.  21/9/24 and most deaths were during the last parts of the match.  In one game I was 6/0/x at the start but my team managed to feed a Shaco even harder than that.  Gragas/Cait went 12/27.   swamp poop
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:14:24 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: