Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:18:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356813 times)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: October 12, 2011, 11:55:23 AM

Uh, wow, 10 minute Dominion win.  No afks or anything except for OUR Sona being afk the first min or so.

What's your Heimer build? I've been doing the Bhodi (Warmog/(Lucid, FoN)) super tanky build for the last week.

I've been playing Heim Dominion, a lot, since my pings of 70 have spiked into 200 for the last few weeks, and Heim dominion is fairly easy to play high latency and still do well.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: October 12, 2011, 11:55:38 AM

Uh, wow, 10 minute Dominion win.  No afks or anything except for OUR Sona being afk the first min or so.

My record was 7:20 win this weekened. We held all 5 and were ganking enemy teams at exits from their spawn
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: October 12, 2011, 11:58:49 AM

What's your Heimer build? I've been doing the Bhodi (Warmog/(Lucid, FoN)) super tanky build for the last week.

I've been playing Heim Dominion, a lot, since my pings of 70 have spiked into 200 for the last few weeks, and Heim dominion is fairly easy to play high latency and still do well.

If I were to guess from the picture, RoA and Arachangel's.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: October 12, 2011, 12:03:31 PM

If I were to guess from the picture, RoA and Arachangel's.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Archangels was something I was going to try, seems like it would work and I was going to build some tanky mana items Ryze style but the game never went long enough.  I almost always start catalyst for first item into RoA and then AP items like Rabadons, Zhonya's etc...  Don't really need boots first if I'm just defending/pushing bot.  I haven't really needed to play him very tanky so far and usually RoA has been giving enough HP buffer to get by.  If I was running around the map fighting and taking points though I'd probably build differently.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: October 12, 2011, 08:09:56 PM

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: October 12, 2011, 08:58:31 PM

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #216 on: October 15, 2011, 12:28:38 AM

Got to love a game where a guy that's feeding constantly is blaming you for the losing the game. 

That Blitz/Mord combo were yelling at me for not winning my lane (uhh, which I was) and not killing the mumu 5 minutes into the game.  By that time they had gotten double killed by the Skarner/Panth and were well on their way to getting double killed again.

The Blitz had gotten so bad in the game that his friend (Mord) was actually telling him to calm down, since he was blaming everyone but them (who were 0/14 at the time) for how bad we were losing.  Unreal.  As I was telling Haem, we've left some of the smurfs behind at this level and replaced them with guys that aren't very good that think they are.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #217 on: October 15, 2011, 12:31:18 AM

How the fuck does a Blitzcrank get a 27 CS laning with a Mord? That's unpossible.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: October 15, 2011, 02:25:57 AM

Got to love a game where a guy that's feeding constantly is blaming you for the losing the game. 

90% of the time the guy who complains the loudest is the worst player.

I just played with a WW who went 0/9 but it was ok because "I'm not a carry." He would run into the enemy team 1 v 5, get instantly vaporized, then be all "what the hell team???"

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: October 15, 2011, 02:41:14 AM

90% of the time the guy who complains the loudest is the worst player.

I just played with a WW who went 0/9 but it was ok because "I'm not a carry." He would run into the enemy team 1 v 5, get instantly vaporized, then be all "what the hell team???"

I'd start a new account if my elo was that low, dear god and I thought someone sucking with nasus was terrible.

Though to think about it, tell me what was that WW was building.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 02:44:26 AM by DLRiley »
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: October 15, 2011, 09:53:21 AM

Another wonderful game of "I hate almost everyone in this game that isn't me."  I'm starting to really dislike people that play hard to kill characters (Irelia, Singed) because they get so overconfident and just keep taking 1v5 fights over and over until your team loses.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:54:56 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #221 on: October 15, 2011, 01:05:20 PM

Just had the greatest game of Dominion ever playing as Ryze. We had a Tristana, Trynd, Skarner and Katarina on our team, against a Yi, Ezreal, Pantheon, Katarina and I think Lee Sin but not sure as I didn't see that one all that often. We start out winning pretty handily, getting ahead by about 400-280 or so, then it starts to go pear shaped. We can't hold points. We were down to 1 turret at one point in the game, when we started to retake points. Finally we are down 53-7 with 1 point held, 1 point neutral but being taken and I could hear the gongs playing for our end. Myself and the Tristana figure out that we need to get that second/third point and so both make a beeline for the bottom point nearest their spawn. We killed a Pantheon and an Ezreal, then start to capture as the nexus health is ticking down. We neutralized the point RIGHT as our counter hit 1 - saved. We capture it, our other teammates capture a 3rd point and we are set. I tell people just to hold what we have (not that they fucking listened). Our Skarner goes and tries to take top point next to their spawn and I think he's lucky we had done so much damage because there was no one to oppose him. Tristana and I held our point against three waves of Panth, Yi and Ezreal attacking in twos and ones. I'd hit the snare, pop the overload then bounce the bouncy ball off of them, and the turret would help me finish them off. We finally win the game with ONE FUCKING POINT of nexus health. I think I ended with 11/10/4 or something but was the second highest scorer. It was an EPIC comeback.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: October 15, 2011, 04:28:59 PM

Nice! Did you get to lord it over any of those preemptive gg'ers?
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: October 15, 2011, 05:23:48 PM

I decided, with the refunded RP from my Mac consolation champs bundle, to finally splurge on a rune page set, and buy up some alacrity quints and what not to try the AD junglers.

I played two gangplank jungles (both times starting vamp). The first one was going meh in the jungle, not really helping or hurting, but our bottom lane was being destroyed by Akali, so that ended up bad. The second time, I asked for a leash at blue from Yorick, and I could not get him to go back to his lane until he had slurped up the XP from golem and wolves. So that was about as bad as possible. Obviously, small sample size, but even in the okay game, I had a hard time keeping sustained enough to even think about early ganks.

Then switched to Warwick, and had two really nice games. Both games, got to 5, ganked top, kills both time, had a nice Brand who was happy to take those blues, Malakill did well as Vayne, and just really easy to sustain through the jungle and solo some lonely dragons. Ended up both times with lines like 6/1/15 and 6/0/17.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: October 15, 2011, 07:06:29 PM

Then switched to Warwick, and had two really nice games. Both games, got to 5, ganked top, kills both time, had a nice Brand who was happy to take those blues, Malakill did well as Vayne, and just really easy to sustain through the jungle and solo some lonely dragons. Ended up both times with lines like 6/1/15 and 6/0/17.

Maybe it was the skewed higher than I normally play level wise of queueing with you, but that team was probably the best one I've been a part of thus far.

In lol LoL story time - was playing an SR earlier where both teams had 2 people go AFK, so it was a 3v3, ended up winning, but it was really really silly either way.  I wish there was some way to solve this problem, way to high a percentage of games are ruined by players not actually playing.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: October 15, 2011, 07:28:33 PM

Maybe it was the skewed higher than I normally play level wise of queueing with you, but that team was probably the best one I've been a part of thus far.

In lol LoL story time - was playing an SR earlier where both teams had 2 people go AFK, so it was a 3v3, ended up winning, but it was really really silly either way.  I wish there was some way to solve this problem, way to high a percentage of games are ruined by players not actually playing.

Automated leaving system doesn't help when a million plus players are pounding on the gate. The root problem is that you can't get a good group with completely random players. Even though the system factors in elo, which at this point is near meaningless because your either at the tippy top (and don't solo que) or at the ragged edges of the bottom, with "mid" level being just a constant bob up and down between "decent" and "terrible bad". There is few ways i can think of to fix the problem on the matchmaking side calculations side, especially with a system that priotizes putting you in a team in 30 seconds. You either change SR to be less rage inducing or create an easy to use pug system.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: October 15, 2011, 07:31:10 PM

Or you match based on % of games left.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: October 15, 2011, 07:42:50 PM

Or you match based on % of games left.

May work, but its still a slippery slope. The problem with being a mid level player is that you constantly getting dipped into elo hell until you "bring yourself up by your boot straps" or stay down there. If riot could tell the difference between my internet going out and me pressing the alt-f4 key, than sure. But consider this your one disconnect away from never winning a game ever, the only way your able to leave elo hell is because the "baddies" are well dispersed.

Also leaving isn't the only way to ruin a game. Leaving is often just a symptom.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:17:05 PM by DLRiley »
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: October 15, 2011, 08:40:23 PM

3 folks were playing together on my team earlier today. At about 15 mins in on SR one of the 3 just stopped playing - sat idle at spawn. Apparently she decided to take a shower and left her buds (and team) hanging - but we won anyways.

- Viin
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: October 15, 2011, 09:00:52 PM

lol was it a sona? coulda been me.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: October 15, 2011, 09:03:45 PM

Heh no, but damn it don't do that!

- Viin
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: October 15, 2011, 09:21:00 PM

3 folks were playing together on my team earlier today. At about 15 mins in on SR one of the 3 just stopped playing - sat idle at spawn. Apparently she decided to take a shower and left her buds (and team) hanging - but we won anyways.

I'm wondering if people just think this is acceptable behavior?  I've seen lots of instances of people just seemingly going AFK for arbitrary amounts of time and coming back.  I mean, yea, sometimes real life happens and you need to stop playing a game, ok,but its so frequent in this game compared to others I have played.   My current hypothesis is that because it is free a lot of young people play it, and they don't have control over their time.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: October 15, 2011, 09:34:49 PM

Yeah, had company come over irl. took 15min to greet and explain that for the next 45min I'd be playing a game! Still, once I farmed up I was able to team support to the win.  At one point we had two inhibs down but our team fighting was superior to their early game ganking domination.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: October 16, 2011, 11:16:16 AM

Ive been on this tailspin losing streak because I've been chained together with these retarded fuck ups who don't learn their lesson in a lane after dying two or three times.... ..... .... Thats the story.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: October 16, 2011, 02:09:06 PM

On a really annoying streak today.  And bear in mind, this is all in co-op vs. AI because I hate drama.

First game, I'm Maokai, laning bottom with Gangplank.  Mid is Karthus.  We're having trouble getting kills bottom, because GP keeps pushing the enemy back under the tower.  He's not buying anything but potions and a Doran's Shield, so his dps is crap, and every time an enemy pokes their head out from under their tower, GP plinks them with a pistol shot and sends them scurrying back.  GP starts bitching about how I'm not doing anything (I'm 1/2 at this point, not going to dive anymore) but I'm not sure what else I can do unless the enemy gets away from their tower.  We get the first tower down, and I head mid to help there.  But GP spends the entire rest of the game bitching about "tree fag" (me) and Karthus not doing anything.  GP charges the mid inhibitor tower in a 3v3 and gets zerged down, and complains that he didn't see anything from Karth or me, and how lame it is that I wasn't throwing out saplings and Karth wasn't throwing bombs, thus forcing him to close to melee and get eaten by the tower.  I point out that both Karth and myself have been pushing top for the last minute or so and are nowhere near the fight, and I can't throw saplings quite THAT far, to which GP responds "sure, whatever".  GP respawns and tries to push mid again, running in to solo two enemies and getting killed because they had blue buff.  GP proceeds to bitch about whoever died to give the enemy the blue buff, and how that's shitty play.  Then he pushes bottom and dies to another enemy gank at their bottom inhib turret because "it looked like tree fag was going to initiate" into a 2v5 but instead I was just walking around their mid inhib and GP was somehow unable to stop charging.  The game ends about thirty seconds later, with my K/D at 10/2 and Gangplank at 2/5 (against bots, bear in mind) and he's still bitching about how bad Karth and I are (Karth having roughly double my score).

Next game is another clusterfuck.  I'm playing Jax because I need something with a lot of killing power to unwind after the last game.  Teammates include a Lee Sin with smite, a Gangplank with smite who declares that he's jungling, Skarner, and LeBlanc.  LeBlanc takes mid, Skarner top, and Lee bottom, so I figure I'll help bottom since top is normally the solo lane.  Lee tells me to go top since it's harder to solo than bottom, so whatever, I turn around and head top.  Then Skarner heads bottom because top is always a solo lane, and he's going bottom because Lee wants me top.  Lee notes that I can't do much as Jax against top (Ashe and Soraka) and it's stupid to make me solo it.  Skarner points out that Lee should be jungling since he has smite, and we'd have three solo lanes that way.  Lee says he took smite because only noobs use exhaust against bots, and not because he was going to jungle, and bottom should solo.  Then Lee teleports top leaving Skarner to die and GP disconnects (ne'er to return) and the whole rest of the game turned into this titanic gong show that we only won because we were a five carry team against bots.

I need an asprin.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: October 16, 2011, 03:14:03 PM

On a really annoying streak today.  And bear in mind, this is all in co-op vs. AI because I hate drama.

My goodness... stop playing coop.  ACK!

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #236 on: October 16, 2011, 09:12:51 PM

Gangplank at 2/5 (against bots, bear in mind)

ACK! ACK! ACK!

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: October 16, 2011, 09:25:14 PM

On a really annoying streak today.  And bear in mind, this is all in co-op vs. AI because I hate drama.

Really, just play normal and then insta-ignore everybody the first time they say something unfriendly. Or just ignore everybody you don't know at the start of the round and imagine you're playing with some unpredictable new AIs.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:27:24 PM by tastyhat »
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: October 16, 2011, 09:28:36 PM

I'll just come out and say I hate losing so bot games are fun because you almost never lose. I guess I'm playing the game wrong.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: October 17, 2011, 06:40:32 AM

if you are having fun you are playing the right game, fuck everyone else.

Tastyhat I do the same thing - one strike, your out.  Makes games much more enjoyable.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #240 on: October 17, 2011, 08:49:21 AM

I had a game last night that we lost and I am starting to understand some basic concepts like sustain. But I'm also starting to be able to pick out REALLY TERRIBAD players. I played Allistair last night, not a great round, though I started out doing well early. At some point I'm running around and come up on a Teemo and I think, "I can take a Teemo." Teemo proceeds to faceroll me (and does it a few times late in the matches in teamfights). As I die, I notice that he's level 14 while I was 11 and most of my team was 9 or 10. I ask "How did Teemo get to be level 14?" to silence. The answer to that question was that he was faced up mid against our Ashe, who apparently sucked monkey nuts. The Ashe ended up 1/12/4 or something similarly stupid. I can sort of understand the 1 if she was feeding Teemo, which she must have been horribly. But 4? You can't get more than 4 assists with an ASHE?

I can at least console myself with the fact that I didn't bitch and whine about how bad the player was in the game. I know what it means to suck. I'm starting to suck less so I will give some leeway to the sucksters.

Rasix

Reply #241 on: October 17, 2011, 09:00:45 AM

Teemo's likely to monkey fuck you one on one in any case, and if he's that fed he might have a Maldred's already.  You're not going to win a lot of one on one encounters on a tank or support, and you seem to like to face check people.   awesome, for real

Games right now seem to hinge on one player being awful or not.  If they're awful but manage not to die a lot, that's fine.  But if they drop double digit deaths to a carry, you're going to be in trouble.

Both games were pleasant last night.  Had a mouthy Ashe in the first, but luckily she was on the other team for the second match.  Second match we actually had a competent Warwick jungler, which I don't see a whole lot at this level.  He got his leash, didn't fuck things up, and for the most part did OK with the ganks (had problems sealing the deal some).  He even apologized when he did typical dumb Warwick shit (1 v. 3.. why NOT.  /faceplant).

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: October 17, 2011, 09:19:12 AM

This is kind of why it's better just to play a carry, and carry your team, unless you're queueing with people you know will benefit from your support.

Rasix: I usually build at least one GP/10 on Irelia, have you tried that yet?
Rasix

Reply #243 on: October 17, 2011, 09:25:31 AM

Not yet, but I think I'm going to try a Regrowth pendant into -> Phil stone start next time I play.  Should be a solid opening.  What's the reasoning behind the gp/10 items?  Just some extra money off some stats you benefit from anyways?

<--- Still very noob.

-Rasix
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: October 17, 2011, 09:27:47 AM

Not yet, but I think I'm going to try a Regrowth pendant into -> Phil stone start next time I play.  Should be a solid opening.  What's the reasoning behind the gp/10 items?  Just some extra money off some stats you benefit from anyways?

<--- Still very noob.

The main purpose is to allow you save most of the farm for the guy you're supporting whilst retaining some income for yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: