Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356825 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1470 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:42 AM

Yup. Team builder is awesome.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1471 on: March 13, 2014, 11:32:27 AM

Does the team builder do anything to prevent people choosing champions for roles which they really aren't suited for? 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1472 on: March 13, 2014, 12:02:50 PM

You pick your champ and role first then assign the flavor of the role (tank, assassin, etc.) then you pop into a queue. A team fills up with a captain and you go. You always eventually get into a team with the combo you picked.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1473 on: March 13, 2014, 12:04:06 PM

I should come back just to revive support Gangplank. 

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1474 on: March 13, 2014, 12:17:39 PM

You pick your champ and role first then assign the flavor of the role (tank, assassin, etc.) then you pop into a queue. A team fills up with a captain and you go. You always eventually get into a team with the combo you picked.

So, a team could get stuck with a Mid poppy?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1475 on: March 13, 2014, 12:55:25 PM

So, a team could get stuck with a Mid poppy?

Only if you choose to. The Team Captain has the only control over who gets into the team.  You as the individual can leave the group prior to being ready if you don't like the make-up.  This is nice for when you have a captain that is lazy and marks all lanes as anything goes.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1476 on: March 13, 2014, 01:10:40 PM

Thanks for mentioning this, sounds like it would be a good time to come back.  Is this live, or still a ways off?  Their page seems to indicate that it was only online for a few days.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1477 on: March 13, 2014, 03:12:27 PM

They're doing a rotational live "beta" right now through the various regions that LoL is played in.  NA just finished their two rotation Mon-Tues. 

More info: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/announcing-team-builder-two-day-live-beta

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1478 on: March 13, 2014, 03:12:49 PM

Does the team builder do anything to prevent people choosing champions for roles which they really aren't suited for? 

The captain can kick people out of the game. But where is the fun in that?

Aside. There are very few champions who are unable to play in the "roles they aren't suited for". For instance the other day i played Malzahar Support for an Ahri ADC and we shat all over Jinx/Sona
I should come back just to revive support Gangplank.  

Revive Support GP? Or Support Revive GP? :P
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1479 on: March 13, 2014, 03:21:10 PM

I'll run Viktor in a Support Bot Lane  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1480 on: March 13, 2014, 04:35:51 PM

I'll run Viktor in a Support Bot Lane  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Viktor is a legit support (so long as their ADC doesn't have an escape)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1481 on: March 13, 2014, 05:41:54 PM

Oh I know.  I was just touching on a subject from an earlier time.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1482 on: March 30, 2014, 11:51:31 AM

Since Team Builder went live, I've spent waaaay too much time working on Jungle Master Yi.  With practice, runes, masteries, and items worked out, I played my first of three promo matches in Ranked to try and get out of Bronze hell.

With the jungle role secure, I cut up a nice 19/6/5, with a game-winning quadra-kill at the end  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Now if I can just do it one more time...

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1483 on: March 30, 2014, 01:16:03 PM

Running support master yi out of bronze, working pretty well consider i'm almost out of bronze 2.

Team builder is great for

1. Testing builds
2. Testing builds
3. Testing builds

Its really the only reason to use it and the system kinda falls apart after off peak hours because of "waiting for support". But besides that predictable nuisance I've managed to work out a revitalized ap chogath jungle that will never see ranked because i'm not taking solo que seriously.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1484 on: April 08, 2014, 01:21:12 PM

How does Support Yi work, or are you just doing a kill lane?
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1485 on: April 09, 2014, 01:30:09 AM

How does Support Yi work, or are you just doing a kill lane?
Early game you bring a lot of damage and sustain early, with 9/0/21 masteries I bugger off to take wolves or wraiths in my jungle before returnig to lane. Goal is to rush a static shiv around level 6-7 so its bssically roll in lane highlander, target the one with least escape, rinse repeat. If your adc isnt retarded they rush a damage item over attack speed, and laning with a vayne is an automatic 50% chance to lose lane too horribley to enter the fun part which is yis mid/late game.

Mid/Late game yi is where the build shines. Yi doesn't require alot of early farm, he stacks up beautifully against anyone 1v1 and you can create these matchups by split pushing. Mind you the support, all the real farm went to adc, jungle,mid, top. If the enemy team has to send any of those down there to stop you you win cause now they pushing with 3 farmed champs and a support with only 1 or 2 real items. Mind you 1v1 you can kill anyone especially an adc who'll most likely split bot to soak up the minions you push down. They'll need 2 people to stop you which will most likely be the support and adc, which will most likely result in a double kill which means they'll have to rotate mid or top to stop you. Which again, all this effort to stop the support. No matter who they send even your dickless teammates can win what is basically a 4v3 eventually.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1486 on: April 09, 2014, 06:17:24 PM

I have a special kind of hatred for Yi players who build Shivv as first item.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Brofellos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1487 on: April 14, 2014, 11:32:40 AM

edit: wrong thread
Brofellos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1488 on: May 02, 2014, 01:10:48 PM

Two games into my placement matches and I hate it. everyone, EVERYONE, is a dick.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1489 on: May 02, 2014, 02:21:19 PM

Been playing a lot of Team Builder recently. It's pretty awesome, the queue times are not bad at all. I thought it'd be 'waiting for support' all the time but it hasn't been the case at all. I get a team + queued up within 10 minutes every time, usually sooner. Being able to guarantee the champion you want to play is pretty rad.

I /mute all every ranked game I play. Especially if I start to play bad, I am very thankful I have no idea what my teammates may or may not be saying about me.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1490 on: September 11, 2014, 07:34:03 PM

I come back to this every now and again, to see how the game is coming along.

This time, it is to find that Victor and Cass are being "reworked".

rip in piece support Victor

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1491 on: November 03, 2014, 08:29:11 AM

Not expecting anyone to know but I'm throwing this out here just in case someone else has had the issue.   I've been having to play this less and less due to this intermittent issue I have where League 'drops' my wireless connection randomly at times.  Some nights I can play all night and never have the issue and other nights it happens over and over and I just have to quit.   Normally when this happens my computer loses all internet access or it just becomes so slow that it' it literally unusable.  All other devices/computers in the house continue working normally.  Manually disconnecting and then reconnecting my wireless connection clears up the issue 95% of the time right away (until it happens again).

It ONLY happens when I'm playing League (any mode).  TWC internet, 50 down/5 up. Linksys e4200 router on a wireless 300 mbps connection.   All my drivers & firmware are up to date.  I changed my 5 GHz band off auto channel and picked a channel in case it was an interference problem.

I've never had this issue until maybe 2 patches ago?  I started getting random ping spikes, usually during team fights but now I'm just getting full on disconnects.  Up until the point where it happens I get a pretty constant ~90 ping.  I never have any FPS drops even on ultra settings, though I've tried dropping down to medium with no changes.

I'm really just looking for anything to try or point me in the right direction.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1492 on: November 03, 2014, 04:49:42 PM

Do you use any Logitech stuff?

My brother in law has the same issues.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1493 on: November 03, 2014, 07:29:07 PM

Negative.  Thanks though, looking that up gave me a few more support articles to read.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1494 on: May 20, 2015, 03:03:13 AM

Tencent's marketing budget at work?

edit: thread surgery
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:19:59 PM by ezrast »
Brofellos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1495 on: July 28, 2015, 08:25:06 AM

Wow the new HUD is awful.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1496 on: July 28, 2015, 09:04:53 AM

They're pushing it to competitive before they're even pushing it to ranked.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1497 on: July 28, 2015, 09:42:43 AM

I haven't played in a while, but my wife started playing a bit and I saw the new UI on hers.

Ew.

Brofellos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1498 on: July 28, 2015, 12:25:34 PM

In the first place, the window that pops up when you hit tab is smaller, so it's harder to read. Then they applied a bunch of changes at once, so it's hard to read. Then they changed the HUD, so it's hard to read. Then they changed the way ability cooldowns look, so it's harder to read. A solution in search of a problem, no?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1499 on: July 28, 2015, 01:47:08 PM

I think part of it's trying to stay fresh and cool in the wake of DOTA 2's new engine + HotS coming onto the scene.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: