Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:36:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356901 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1120 on: January 17, 2013, 09:35:23 PM

I think my longest draft normal queues are like 2 minutes.

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1121 on: January 17, 2013, 11:45:33 PM

You have to be really bad or really good to have long queues for normal draft mode. I am like 1500 and its usually under a minute, up to like 3-4 max if I, for some reason, decide to play at 3 in the morning
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1122 on: January 18, 2013, 05:15:31 AM

Friends don't let friends blind pick.

What do you do, solo ranked? Draft mode normals had long queues last time I tried and ranked games everyone seemed to take way too seriously.

Solo ranked is really the way to go in my opinion, although it took me a while to come around to it.  In my experience people in normal draft take the game just as seriously, except now you are in a game that isn't as neatly sorted by skill level.  Sometimes ranked can put a lot of pressure on to perform though.  For example if I'm really tired I won't play ranked.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1123 on: January 18, 2013, 06:43:18 AM

Draft mode normal queues are still under a minute for me, even if they say longer.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1124 on: January 18, 2013, 08:00:10 AM

My queues for solo ranked are usually under 2 minutes but I have lately had to go through 3 or 4 last minute queue dodges before I can get a fucking game. And there is almost always a "I ONLY CAN PLAY OR WANT TO PLAY THIS ROLE AND WWAAARRARRRGGLBLBBLBLELELE" troll shit on either my side or the other side.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1125 on: January 18, 2013, 08:20:24 AM

ANY time someone says they or their friend is a smurf in ranked queue, bail and bail fast.

Rasix

Reply #1126 on: January 18, 2013, 08:39:27 AM

Miserable run of games last night. 

Pro tip:  don't play when you're mentally and physically exhausted. 

I really didn't play that awfully, but I was unable to capitalize on some opportunities I normally do.  My Nunu game, a possible double kill for us turns into a triple the other way.  Taric game, we won lane pretty well and avoided ganks.   But mid got destroyed and top was a useless Warwick (never saw this guy even ult someone important).   Thus, incoming 4 man gangbangs. 

I think I'm back to unbalanced, "get your shit pushed in" matchmaking after enjoying a week of "holy shit these guys are bad".  Ohh well.  Perhaps I should just troll pick or try a new champ/build after every win.  Keep things balanced.

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1127 on: January 19, 2013, 09:26:27 PM

I only play a maximum of 3 ranked games in a row now.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #1128 on: January 19, 2013, 09:38:06 PM

Been on a massive winning streak with my own adaptation of AP kayle on dominion, a welcome change from my Wukong losing streak.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1129 on: January 20, 2013, 12:25:46 AM

4-game winning streak. Tonight's game came courtesy of no one banning Shen. I played him top at the request of my team even though I hadn't played him in months. Got pushed early by a decent Olaf, started snowballing a bit after I helped with an ult 3v2 gank bot. Got some serious help from a Nami who synergizes with Shen REALLY WELL. Ended the game with 9/7/24, Nami had 29 assists and even losing all 3 turrets early didn't hurt as in the end because we simply couldn't lose team fights. Our jungling Vi raped asses with and without our help.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1130 on: January 20, 2013, 02:24:23 AM

ANY time someone says they or their friend is a smurf in ranked queue, bail and bail fast.

I legitimately ran into Best Singed NA once (playing on his smurf Hurk)

He played singed. He ruined
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #1131 on: January 20, 2013, 11:43:01 AM

Solo ranked is really the way to go in my opinion, although it took me a while to come around to it.  In my experience people in normal draft take the game just as seriously, except now you are in a game that isn't as neatly sorted by skill level.  Sometimes ranked can put a lot of pressure on to perform though.  For example if I'm really tired I won't play ranked.

I started playing solo ranked at the advice of this thread and in general it's been a good experience so far. People seem slightly more polite than in normal, which is not how I remember ranked being.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1132 on: January 20, 2013, 11:51:05 AM

You are playing a different ranked than me.  swamp poop

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1133 on: January 20, 2013, 12:00:55 PM

I don't think I've seen a drastic difference either way in demeanor.  But I will say that because people have their internet points on the line, they do in my experience try their best to make whatever is going on work.  You might get bitched at, but I've seen way fewer people do things like *5 minutes into the game* - "This jungler hasn't ganked my lane yet, noob jungler, gg" and proceed to just check out.  Most ranked players value their Elo enough to at least try to win for a while.
Rasix

Reply #1134 on: January 20, 2013, 12:20:50 PM

I'm thinking about just going to ranked, the ELO ranges in my normal play are just getting out of hand.  I had to go up against a 1500 elo top lane main yesterday.  I'm not likely within 200-300 ELO of that. 

Also, top lane AP Kayle can get a bit messy.  I think she works better mid.  You're just extremely vulnerable to ganks up there and your Q-E isn't going to kill anyone.  So, anyone with a good gap closer and some sort of high damage combo is going to chunk your ass and then follow you down that huge lane.  Assassins are just so popular right now. Mid, you can push and then completely remove yourself from risk.  She's just beastmode after you get Nashors/Liandrys.  You're still highly vulnerable and can get bursted in team fights before you can even get your ult off.

I really need to work on my farming.  I'm getting wrecked in the CS department.  Again, this partially do to ELO differences in matchups. 

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #1135 on: January 20, 2013, 09:13:24 PM

Wow.  First ranked lobby went like this.  

first pick (me): pref not adc or jungle
fifth pick: jungle
fourth pick: top
me:  I'll mid or support.  
<no one calls mid>
me: Ok, I'll Kayle mid.
*first picks Kayle*
third pick: I'll top.
fourth: ok, I'll adc I guess
*second picks Heimer (ghost/tp heimer)*
*third picks Fiora*
everyone: wtf
me: uhh, where you playing heimer?
second: where ever you want me.
me: I guess I can support kayle, it's not great but it'll work.
<SUN GOES BLACK. SEAS BOIL.  CATS STOP PLOTTING TO KILL THEIR MASTERS>
fourth pick: fuck you guys, I called top
me: wtf
*fourth pick locks in revive/barrier Yi*
fifth: here we go again
me: does this shit happen a lot, this is my first ranked of this season.
fifth: I'm 1/6 :(
fourth: welcome to elo hell, faggot ass faggot
fourth: I'm a better top anyhow
me: what's the penalty for dodging
fourth: 30 minutes buttfucker faggot
me: I'm going to play Skyrim.  Enjoy.
*dodge*

Yah.  This is just what I remember.  Next time I need to screenshot that crap and send it to Riot.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:20:59 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1136 on: January 21, 2013, 09:07:19 AM

Yeah, that tends to happen a lot. You get lucky if someone else queue dodges.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1137 on: January 21, 2013, 09:52:39 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1138 on: January 21, 2013, 10:22:26 AM

Seriously would be behind that proposal.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1139 on: January 21, 2013, 12:15:51 PM

adc?

"Me am play gods"
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1140 on: January 21, 2013, 12:40:16 PM

adc?

Attack Damage Carry

Also, you can do that manually by taking a screenshot and then sending it directly to riot player support
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1141 on: January 23, 2013, 12:19:05 PM

5/2/5 malzphar, surrender after wukong disconnects. ACK! Time to troll....
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #1142 on: January 23, 2013, 05:47:50 PM

Been trying to understand the new summoner's rift meta after playing dominion through an entire season. I keep seeing these guys running around buying nothing but potions and wards as their starting items -.-

Im reading about the game more than actually playing it. >.>
Rasix

Reply #1143 on: January 23, 2013, 06:03:20 PM

Base movement speed was raised by 25 for everyone and boots 1 now only provide a 25 bonus.  So, most people except ADCs just load up on regen items.

edit: Heh, 3-2 start to ranked.  3 wins being total crush jobs and one of the losses being a complete throw.  It's a bit depressing to lose a game where your Ezreal had some quality time alone with their nexus and instead chose to hit some creeps.  Also, the 6 item Xin Zhao didn't build a single fucking defense item (2 PDs.. wtf) yet still would dive into 5 of them to get 1 unimportant kill.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:46:21 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1144 on: January 24, 2013, 08:39:49 AM

Yeah, apparently AP Xin is just not my bag. I am either building it wrong or playing badly or both. Just getting run over with no sticking power even late game.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1145 on: January 27, 2013, 10:02:07 AM

According to LOLKing.com's charts Ezreal is the most popular hero in every category? This comes as a surprise to me.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #1146 on: January 27, 2013, 11:08:02 AM

That Karma is the least popular hero, especially in games teams actually win, surprises me not at all. A little sad to see Heimerdinger next to her, though.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1147 on: January 27, 2013, 08:01:21 PM

If you want to play something interesting. Support annie is now pretty legit. They lowered the CD on her shield to now be 10 seconds instead of 20 with an up time of 5 seconds instead of 10. It only costs 20 mana so its pretty easy to keep your stun up all the time always.

From stun up pre 6, w,q,e,e,e stun is back up in 18 seconds. From 6 r,w,q,e,w stun is back up in 9 seconds or 3.6 if you're still in combat.

You build tanky and a bit of mana sustain. Start with w (then level q or w) and charge it so that you start with a stun for fighting.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1148 on: January 27, 2013, 10:22:06 PM

I play entirely too much ARAM.

Rasix

Reply #1149 on: January 30, 2013, 08:57:53 PM

32-0 ranked game.  ACK!  Last 3 minutes were spent in their base just farming kills while we slowly got the turrets. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1150 on: January 31, 2013, 08:11:23 AM

So yeah, I'm currently on an 8-game ranked winning streak, which has seen my elo raise from the mid-600's to over 800. Most of that was Miss Fortune, which I have apparently gotten decent at. Not all of those games were good games for me, I just happened to have lucked out and gotten put on the not-shit teams. I thought yesterday's game would be a fucking disaster. It starts with two guys from the last queue (which got dodged) arguing about who would take mid. 4th pick didn't want to give it up to 3rd and promised to troll. Then Amumu was left unbanned and first pick took him with the intention of trading down. #4 traded for him and looked to be untrolling. We had Darius top, Kayle mid, me as MF bot and Amumu jungling when 5th pick comes up. 5th pick has been MUTE the entire team... and picks Riven with smite. Fuck me. FUCK ME. Yelling ensues.

Luckily Amumu turns from complete troll douche to team player in seconds, changes his smite to Exhaust and comes bot for support - against a Nunu/Caitlyn pair. I keep thinking we are going to be FUCKED. And then the douchey slient Riven gets a gank on Nunu and pushes Cait back and things just snowball from there. After the 3rd or 4th kill, the two guys who had been fighting over mid APOLOGIZED TO EACH OTHER. And we fucking rolled. Cait was underfarmed the whole game, couldn't get kills to save her life and generally sucked monkey balls. Most of my deaths were to a decent Nocturne who kept sneaking up on me and assfucking me 1v1 or a Malazhar who would ult me at which point I'd be fucked because I had no tenacity items. Finished 13/7/16 in ~35 minutes with a win. No reports were given somehow.

I'm waiting for the luck to turn and for me to start getting on the teams with the One-Armed Spergy Brigade.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1151 on: January 31, 2013, 08:18:29 AM

I'm waiting for the luck to turn and for me to start getting on the teams with the One-Armed Spergy Brigade.
I have not been playing much ranked lately.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1152 on: February 01, 2013, 02:58:19 AM

Suppressions (Malz, Warwick, Urgot ult) aren't affected by tenacity or other CC reduction, only by QSS and CC-breaking abilities such as Remove Scurvy.

/pedant
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1153 on: February 01, 2013, 08:09:53 AM

I did not know that.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Also, I've discovered I really fucking hate playing Ashe. I've dicked around with her a bit in Dominion just to learn her a bit and I played her in a regular blind game last night because the ranked queues were down. She's a very effective champ. She's just BORING. Boring as fuck. She really only has 1 active ability she uses regularly, her hawkshot is a useful utility but not really something active and her ult is really the only fun part of her makeup. Otherwise, her entire gameplay is getting in the right position and letting auto attack crit-stomp the opponents into paste or chase them down when they run. She's probably good to learn ADC on, but man, I have no desire to play her like EVER.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1154 on: February 01, 2013, 08:27:19 AM

Thresh is a sick fuck as support, really loving him. 

"Oh you have one cc? cute. Two cc? Not bad.  Three cc? yeah that's cool.  I have three cc moves, two that are double-use plus a shield that works as an escape for teammates"

I have to try hard to lose bot lane with him.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: